• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ruby rose vs overhaul

Spinoirr

He/Him
volume 7 ruby vs base form overhaul and speed is =. what if ruby was there to help out the heroes to save eri. Ruby has as much a day of prep time and she knows what his qurik is (she still thinks its a semblance) and overhaul knows ruby is after him and that she has a sniperrifle

Overhaul: 6 (king, Cropfist, Ciruno, Dragon, Insert, MrDr)

Ruby: 2 (Weekly, Bananaman)

Ruby Render Volume 7
Kai Chisaki

Yeah if she can't significantly harm him I'll say he takes this low to mid diff Chisaki's combat experience, intelligence and Quirk are too much the dude was predicting the moves of someone he'd never fought before and who's moves he couldn't even see

Ruby could scope out overhaul first and as she is far away trying to snipe him

Overhaul then destroys the ground and reforms it to spikes showing what his power is

Spinoirr said:
Ruby could scope out overhaul first and as she is far away trying to snipe him

Overhaul then destroys the ground and reforms it to spikes showing what his power is
Doesn't she usually go for CQC plus even if she sees him reshape the battlefield that'd look like earth manip

No one would look at Overhaul manipulating the Earth and think that he can deconstruct and reconstruct you on a molecular level with a single touch and thought, she'd just think his semblance is earth manipulation and try to get in close.

True, but she does have win cons as izuku lived fighting him even tho without 100% he would have died

Because its a full body immaterial forcefield. He cant physically touch her through he raura so he cant manipulate her cells.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. A skintight forcefield keeps Overhaul from touching her directly and from pulling a Magne on her. Granted, if her aura shatters, he can matterhax her, but at that point she'd be as good as dead even without that.

It'd be the same way for everyone in RWBY. Aura prevents direct contact. He can still hurt her, sure. He just can't dab on her with deconstruction.

The thing that ignores durability wouldnt work because aura isnt conventional durability, its a forcefield. You'd need feats of bypassing a forcefield to argue that it would bypass aura.

It's because his ability requires direct contact with earthly material, be it organic or inorganic. Aura...isn't that.

And no, I'm not attributing a weakness/limitation to Overhaul. It's literally that magical forcefields don't exactly have molecules to be screwed with like that. You can't deconstruct Ruby by touch if you're not touching Ruby.

If he can't deconstruct her he relies on his ranged earth manip then. He has someone under him that can create force fields, so he'll figure out Ruby has something protecting her against direct touch.

Overhaul can control the entire battlefield with ease and is skilled enough to stomp Nighteye who excels at prediction and analysis based combat, who has been a pro hero longer than Ruby has been alive. Ruby's shots get dodged or blocked and Overhaul just keeps stabbing at her with earth spikes. She can't stay at ranged forever, and Overhaul would decimate her in cqc with his manip. Overuse of her Semblance to dodge would result in her Aura running out, which is a dead Ruby.

Also, Aura protects weapons as well right? Just so no one makes the argument that Overhaul can break her weapon.

Ruby could win if she uses her speed + weapon shock wave like she did in the volume 7 trailer

When did it say that in the show? I remember watching episode of World of Remnant where they explained about the terminologies of RWBY including how Aura works.

Yeah. I wanna ask because I haven't caught up with MHA that much.

How does Overhaul fight? What does he start off with?

His quirk, Overhaul, let's him disassemble and reassemble anything he touches. So he usually fights by disassembling the entire ground so he can shape, move and attack with it, usually via giant spikes. His control over his quirk is ridiculous and he can attack with dozens of objects at a time with it. He's skilled enough to beat Sir Nighteye, possibly the best analyzer in MHA, by just the sheer number and skill of the attacks he can pull off with his quirk.

He can also heal himself by blowing himself up and reforming, which hurts but also replensishes his stamina, so he needs to be beaten quick enough that he can't use it. Usually, unless someone has a direct counter to his power, he can stomp people on his own tier pretty easily.

The question is if I make speed unequal could he have a chance as ruby moving is kinda predictable

Hmmmm... Interesting.

I feel like Ruby's Semblance could be helpful here. I believe it allowed her to go as fast as someone who was like twice as fast as her nomral speed.

Wasn't it agreed that forcefields can only resist what they've been shown to resist? Aura hasn't been shown to resist matter manipulation to my knowledge, so his should be able to break her Aura if he touches it.

Once it's down, he can pop her.

TheRustyOne said:
Wasn't it agreed that forcefields can only resist what they've been shown to resist? Aura hasn't been shown to resist matter manipulation to my knowledge, so his should be able to break her Aura if he touches it.

Once it's down, he can pop her.
Nope, its the opposite, forcefields resist unless the power is shown to bypass it, especially for stuff like contact based matter hax that wouldnt work on a soul-based forcefield that has no matter to manip

Back