• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ruby rose vs overhaul

Still waiting for scans of Overhaul reacting to someone with as much of a blitzing chain as Ruby because reacting to non-teleportation based teleportation doesnt cut it

Ruby is also probably comparable to harreit who destroyed a large cave in with a punch (I expect this to be calculated) also we see how thick it was and it's thick of rock all right

That probably needs to be calculated

Reacting to someone appearing instantly next to you mid attack when you are off guard and turning away from them, then proceeding to predict that person's movements and usage of said near instant movement every time they use it afterwards, is good enough to react to Ruby moving somewhere near OH, then having to come out of her Semblance to cut at his arms.

The scans of Overhaul's reactions are posted above. They're more than enough to react to Ruby.

Ruby's blitzing chain is that she one time blitzed Pyrrha and has gotten faster since then. That is the extent of Ruby's speed amp fron her Semblance. Overhaul can react to near instantaneous presences appearing right next to him mid attack, then proceed to predict them every single time afterwards. Ruby gets reacted to easily, the skill difference is too high.

I would welcome a calc of any feat that gives Ruby a concrete AP. If it comes out and it's still High 8-C, then this ruby argument will go to rest as she can't one shot Overhaul. If it's higher than 7.5x and Ruby becomes city block level, this fight becomes a stomp and this thread can end.

Indeed, that feat really needs to be calculated and harreits speed feat of grabbing some dust before it lands on the ground would probably be only subsonic-hypersonic at most

Now who can calc it? Rusty maybe as he started calcs for rwby

But for now put it in the calc requests if anyone has the time stamp when we see how tall it is and how thick it is when Blake walks through a crack and then when she destroys it

Spinoirr said:
Ruby has as much a day of prep time
She hunkers down a few city blocks away from where he is when the battle starts, and shoots him in the skull?

Like, there's all this talk as if Ruby is getting into a fistfight or CQC combat with Overhaul when the battle situation basically hands her an at-range position and knowledge of his abilities and that closing distance would be a terrible idea for her, giving her ample oppertunity to use her sniper rifle to snipe things.

Overhaul dodges every bullet Ruby shoots and blocks with his Earth walls because speed is equal. People inferior to Overhaul can react to multiple bullets with ease, the range helps only if he's unaware of her presence entirely. The cqc argument stems from OH never getting hit by a bullet bad enough to die and forcing Ruby in close.

@King People inferior to Ruby regularly react to bullets and she can hit them with ease and her bullets all have AoE

Stillll waiting for a scan of his walls being above 9-B in durability because if theyre not the bullets just go right through them

Well it's not like he can really impale tier 8s with 9-B walls very well.

That isn't how that works. The best example I know of is 9-B bullets getting into 9-A armor, and even then it won't penetrate thicker areas. I'd need a citation your claim there.

They'd also be able to just move slightly and shatter them, so

Name a non Grimm character Ruby has tagged with her gun that wasn't preoccupied with something else when she hit them.

Overhaul pierces people with High 8-c dura with his attacks, if their dura was just Wall Level they wouldn't even budge from them.

Wall's block dust shots because they explode on contact, and what is the piercing power of Ruby's normal shots. Now that I think about it, I don't recall any point in time where Ruby's bullets were actually capable of piercing through several feet of rock, concrete or metal, which OH has access to considering they're in New York by SBA. In fact, I especially remember her bullets not being able to pierce through the rock of the Geist Grimm in volume 4. Her bullets seem effective against Grimm, but environment not so much.

Aren't Ruby's normal rounds dust rounds anyway, actually? Bullets don't exist in Remnant, so Ruby is just shooting blank dust at someone. Does blank dust pierce anything when shot? Is the blank dust Ruby shoots comparable to the bullet you're comparing it to?

Kingofwolves999 said:
Overhaul dodges every bullet Ruby shoots and blocks with his Earth walls because speed is equal. People inferior to Overhaul can react to multiple bullets with ease, the range helps only if he's unaware of her presence entirely.
First, I think projectiles are treated differently during equalization. Ruby's guns clearly have a far higher muzzle velocity than what we've seen MHA characters react to.

Second, him dodging heavily relies on him being aware of where the bullet is being fired from, and without visual confirmation I'd imagine he'd have a hard time reacting to munitions that would reach him before the sound of Ruby's gun firing does.

Third, if Ruby has an entire day to pick a location and set up munitions, he's getting a bullet flying at his head the moment the battle begins, and would have not the slightest clue of where she'd be hiding. Her semblance means he's sort of never going to close distance and touch her, and he'll continually be sniped from stealth until he's dead.

Dargoo Faust said:
First, I think projectiles are treated differently during equalization. Ruby's guns clearly have a far higher muzzle velocity than what we've seen MHA characters react to.

Second, him dodging heavily relies on him being aware of where the bullet is being fired from, and without visual confirmation I'd imagine he'd have a hard time reacting to munitions that would reach him before the sound of Ruby's gun firing does.

Third, if Ruby has an entire day to pick a location and set up munitions, he's getting a bullet flying at his head the moment the battle begins, and would have not the slightest clue of where she'd be hiding. Her semblance means he's sort of never going to close distance and touch her, and he'll continually be sniped from stealth until he's dead.
I was operating under the assumption that he would have knowledge of where she was when the fight begins, if that's incorrect I'll adjust my stance. What's the muzzle speed on Crescent Rose?

Also if prep time is causing this to be such a decisive win I would recommend either giving prep and knowledge back to Overhaul or discarding it entirely. Initially neither of them had it anyway, but OP gave it to Ruby for some reason, then to Overhaul, then took away Overhaul's prep because Ruby's was more producible? I think? Either way, if prep is too hard of a win con I think it should be equalized or discarded.

Ruby's normal ammunition is cartridges carrying raw dust. She has several ammo clips of other types of elemental dust. Normal bullets don't exist in that verse.

Kingofwolves999 said:
I was operating under the assumption that he would have knowledge of where she was when the fight begins, if that's incorrect I'll adjust my stance. What's the muzzle speed on Crescent Rose?
The assumption is that he's aware he's in a fight, but given the massive starting distance and Ruby's ability to prep beforehand, no, he wouldn't automatically have a sense of where Ruby is.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Also if prep time is causing this to be such a decisive win I would recommend either giving prep and knowledge back to Overhaul or discarding it entirely.
I agree with this, though. He doesn't really have any tools do deal with being sniped from someone stealthing him.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Ruby's normal ammunition is cartridges carrying raw dust. She has several ammo clips of other types of elemental dust. Normal bullets don't exist in that verse.
Uh, yes, they do exist. They're even distinguished from Dust Rounds, especially for Ruby's case.

Like, what do you even think was the model for dust 'bullets'?

If we change the rules again we may as well just make a new thread, the rules at this point have been changed six times

OP should extend knowledge and prep to OH or just get rid of it then ig.

Also I forgot about Coco and that scene from v5, forgive my forgetfulness.

I don't even know why the OP decided to give one character prep time and prior knowledge (Ruby) while leaving the other with absolutely nothing (Overhaul). These conditions aren't fair to the characters who is reliant on knowledge and prior experience (like Overhaul) when their opponent can just prepare a situation that they hadn't dealt with before.

WeeklyBattles said:
I mean its not like that hasnt been done dozens of times before
Multiple wrongs doesn't make a right, especially in circumstances like this where we have characters that's reliant on their prior experiences, which becomes irrelevant with prep time.

I agree the conditions aren't fair at all; it's arguably a stomp since Overhaul has no real counter to being sniped by rounds that move faster than sound from a location that he's unaware of.

Like i said, if we're just going to change the rules and reset the votes for the umpteenth time we're better off making a new thread

Can we just stick with one premise for the fight? This guy is really trying to make an incredibly decisive win for ruby.

Fair point also wait for someone to calc that cave in destroying feat from ep 3 volume 7

Back