• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ruby rose vs overhaul

The clunky asf animations bothered me for the early volumes, but at least it made me appreciate them once I've watched the later volumes...

From what I can gather Aura isn't resistant to matter hax in the traditional sense, I.E it won't be on the profile since it would be pretty redundant to add it. You can't really matter hax something that doesn't have molecules to begin with it would be like trying to manipulate the blood of someone who doesn't have any to begin with.

Cool, Overhaul has a feat of dodging things he can't perceive. Her turning into a cloud of rose petals is just an extra kick to an already useless move that Overhaul can dodge. Also, I think you're misunderstanding what I mean by "movements."

Overhaul does not read his opponents body language when I say "movement." He reads their trajectory, the way they progress towards him, the speed they're going, factors like that. If it relied on just reading their body language, Deku would have one shot him because he couldn't perceive Deku.

Ok, they have comparable AP and Dura, and lets say it does take dozens of hits. Ruby is going to get hit dozens of times because Overhaul is vastly more skilled and intelligent than her, with a numbers advantage on his side.

Ice dust leaves behind ice, which Overhaul can use. Earth dust as well, but ice is the only one Ruby seems to use normally. Overhaul blocks everything else with giant ground pillars or dodges.

Also Ruby does not have hundreds of rounds. I counted every single shot she fired before and when she used her semblance and attempted to count what fell on the ground after. The amount of shots she shot didn't even break a single hundred, let alone several. She has tons of bullets to spare, but Overhaul isn't going anywhere, and can dodge all of them.

Correct

Now this isnt to say that RWBY characters as a whole resist matter hax due to aura because they dont, its just that Kai's specific brand of matter hax ie. requiring physical contact with the thing he wants to matter hax wont work because aura acts as a matterless barrier between himself and Ruby

Back on track, This ones a bit tough, overhaul needs to touch to dura neg her, his best bet is to try and outlast ruby but im not sure he can manage it. This wouldn't be a contest if his powers wern't reliant on touch as aura doesn't neg matter hax it just stops him from touching her to pull off his hax.

Im leaning towards ruby atm simply because overhaul has a lot he needs to overcome in order to snag victory, while ruby simply has to beat him down enough to kill him, his healing makes it difficult for her to put him down though.

What about the manipulation air inside her lungs thing? Does he need to touch his opponents in order to do that too?

Overhaul spike spams and out skills ruby heavily, the only thing she has is a speed amp that Overhaul can still avoid and likely an AP advantage that doesn't really matter much.

His healing is almost instant, refreshes his stamina and he can use spikes in close as well. Ruby loses in cqc badly.

What I counted was 2 clips actually, she reloaded in the trailer. How many does she have,

As for the other stuff:

Okay but how exactly is he going to read the trajectory of something that has an erratic free-flight pattern like Ruby's Semblance, which can also split into multiple clouds of petals to confuse opponents?

Again, if she sees he's overwhelming her in melee combat she will immediately opt to ranged combat, something that is entirely in character for her to do.

Ruby doesnt use Earth dust, but unless those pillars have tier 8 durability her bullets would go right through them, especially if she;s using something like a gravity round.

I don't think his durability is that limited here, one could argue that he could break down any ice and physical substances thrown at him. (I.E Ice, Rocks, the actual rounds) etc but once he manages to break her Aura and closes the distance then he'd take it rather quickly. I'm not too sure who to vote for at the moment but Ruby does seem like she has more countermeasures here via Aura alone.

Also being overwhelmed in CQC doesn't seem like something Ruby has zero experience in. She isn't the greatest hand to hand combatant so it's very likely that she'd realize the dangers and use her range instead which is in character.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Overhaul spike spams and out skills ruby heavily, the only thing she has is a speed amp that Overhaul can still avoid and likely an AP advantage that doesn't really matter much.

His healing is almost instant, refreshes his stamina and he can use spikes in close as well. Ruby loses in cqc badly.

What I counted was 2 clips actually, she reloaded in the trailer. How many does she have,
Actually Ruby at this point is skilled enough to go toe to toe with her uncle who had decades more experience than herself and her skill is acknowledged by someone like Maria who her uncle idolizes. If he tries to spike spam her she just flies away and range spams.

And again, if he overpowers her at close range she just flies away and range spams him.

She has several clips of normal bullets, gravity, ice, electricity, and fire dust.

Its entirely in character for Ruby to fly away and switch to range spamming against an opponent who is overwhelming her in CQC

WeeklyBattles said:
Its entirely in character for Ruby to fly away and switch to range spamming against an opponent who is overwhelming her in CQC
And then heals himself and replenishes his stamina each time Ruby is going out of range. Ruby is going to run out of ammo eventually, and she'll be forced to close quarters combat because of it.

Ruby has measures around his healing, if he's frozen solid then he wouldn't be able to do much. I think Ruby would be smart enough to go for Ice rounds upon seeing that he can heal himself.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Ruby has measures around his healing, if he's frozen solid then he wouldn't be able to do much. I think Ruby would be smart enough to go for Ice rounds upon seeing that he can heal himself.
Encasing Overhaul in ice wouldn't actually stop him from breaking out of it, and I've recalled that RWBY doesn't have much feats of ice dust freezing the bodily functions of their targets.

Ruby's ice doesnt cease bodily functions it just encases them in ice, youre thinking of Weiss' ice

But again, lightning dust would just paralyze him

WeeklyBattles said:
Ruby's ice doesnt cease bodily functions it just encases them in ice, youre thinking of Weiss' ice

But again, lightning dust would just paralyze him
Where's the proof that lightning dust has properties of real life electricity?

Because the Electricity Manipulation page literally states that there must be evidence of fictional lightning, such as RWBY, to display properties of real life electricity or having a stated amplitude for us to treat RWBY's lightning as real life lightning. So unless RWBY has such, we don't consider paralytic effects to be a thing for RWBY lightning.

Thread:2286204

Aura can be broken by matter hax because they haven't been shown to be resistant to them. Yes it will stop Chisaki from touching Ruby since it covers her body, but that's only for one time.

Actually Ruby's Aura shield might come back, breaking Aura =/= depleted. Case in point, Adam broke through Yang's Aura in V-3, yet we see her Aura cover her stump as it attempts to heal it. Yang's shield broke yet she still had Aura, so it should be possible for Ruby to raise her shield again.

Note: I'm also leaning towards Ruby. She has the AP/Dura advantage and her Semblance should let her dodge his spikes and get close. One bullet to the head is all it'll take or cutting his arms off. Especially when she see him healing, she'll realize that she can't wear him down.

Overhaul will have a harder time predicting Ruby than 20% Izuku who's movements were pointed out to be very stiff, while Ruby is anything but stiff.

When Ruby uses her Semblance, Overhaul will have already started developing plans and countermeasures to her using it again. If he feels like she can kill him by using her semblance, he can just morph the battlefield in a way that makes it so she can't use it to hit him easily. Even if she uses her 3 whirlwind trick, she would have to instantly kill Overhaul right after it in order for it to mean something, which I feel is a very important topic.

Let's say Ruby gets the jump on Overhaul the first time she uses her semblance. In the instant she attacks, she needs to kill Overhaul, otherwise he heals himself and morphs the field so she can never use her Semblance near him again. He stomps in cqc, but he's also paranoid and knows when to play safe and analyze. If he can't figure her Semblance out instantly, he plays defensive until he can, and unlike ruby, he has all day to do so if he turtles hard enough. Chisaki fights smart and through analysis, not brute force, so when he inevitably finds out what Ruby's Semblance does and how she moves when using it, he stomps her.

Range spam is just a stall, it does nothing that Chisaki can't block, dodge, or, should he somehow get hit, heal from. Lightning and gravity dust get dodged easily, ice dust turns into more fuel for his arsenal, and Ruby can only have a single clip of each at any one time, so figuring out what to dodge and what to use against her is very easy.

Also, Overhaul can close the distance between himself and Ruby by just using his quirk to move himself. If Ruby, after running away, ever gets in range of his quirk again, he will corner her so she can't run, and force her into cqc where she will lose since he'll have analysed and come up with countermeasures for her speed. The girl leaves behind a trail of rose petals that broadcast where she's currently heading or been, predicting her despite the speed difference should be simple after the first time. Ruby has to instakill Overhaul to win here.

If Overhaul breaks her aura with his matter manip, Ruby dies. If he's managed to touch Ruby, he can just activate his quirk again while she's confused as to why her aura just got deleted.

WeeklyBattles said:
Ren sure has bad experiences with electricity

Anyways, I guess paralytic effects are a thing for RWBY electricity (though it would've been nice to see cardiac arrest, heart attack or brain damage from lightning effects), so that's good enough. But I'll keep in mind that realistic electricity essentially circumvents Aura for RWBY characters. :p

But whatever, I'll lean with Ruby due to her range advantage with lightning dust for now.

If Ruby's aura can break due to Overhaul's quirk she dies in the first minute of the fight. She doesn't start with Semblance spam against human opponents unless she's bloodlusted, so she'll attempt to hit Overhaul, get outskilled, lose her aura immediately and die when he activates his quirk a second time right after the first.

@King His range with his quirk is far less than the range Ruby can cross instantly to put a gap between herself and her opponent and she is able to fully control her flight path, not just fly in a single direction, so again him trapping her and forcing her into cqc is highly unlikely. If he initially overpowers her in cqc she's not going to spam her semblance as much beyond making a gap between herself and kai. She will also see that he's using his hands to manipulate the environment and heal himself and know to go after them, which is entirely in character for her to do in order to defeat an opponent such as cutting off Tyrian's tail to prevent him from using his poison.

All of her dust bullet have AoE, and lightning dust has a chain lightning effect so if it even lands near him he's getting electrocuted and paralyzed, dodging is not enough to avoid her elemental rounds.

Again, him using his quirk to do anything to ruby at a range or force her into his range is going to be extremely difficult, its tens of meters vs hundreds of meters.

If he breaks it with matter manip it just instantly regenerates, and she'd know instantly if part of her aura breaks and would know to get away immediately.

Kingofwolves999 said:
If Ruby's aura can break due to Overhaul's quirk she dies in the first minute of the fight. She doesn't start with Semblance spam against human opponents unless she's bloodlusted, so she'll attempt to hit Overhaul, get outskilled, lose her aura immediately and die when he activates his quirk a second time right after the first.
Not really, if she feels her aura break she's immediately hundreds of meters away via her semblance. It would then immediately regenerate.

From the looks of it its 3-4 for Ruby and (since im assuming King's vote) 1 for kai. I dont believe Death has voted yet

If Ruby's aura breaks, she is not going to instantly know what has happened and run away. She will be shocked because someone just touched her and insta deleted her aura, and probably in pain because pain transfers through aura. She will be feeling herself getting pulled apart by her molecules. Also, if she has no aura, she can't run with her semblance, and gets spiked through the everywhere the second she starts running away.

Range spam only stalls out the fight and her lightning dust doesn't chain if it hits the ground. Would appreciate a feat of this if not true.

The aura forcefield does not instantly regenerate after getting destroyed, if it did, Pyrrha would have been fine when Cinder shot an arrow through her heel and chest, and everyone should never run out of aura since it would come back instantly. It can be overpowered, but still be present, but if it is shattered it takes time to build back.

Back