• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Mirio Togata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
Since the downgrades have been accepted, I can't wait any longer ovo

Ruby: 1 (WeeklyBattles)

Mirio: 7 (Gargoyle One, Knightofannihilation666, Twisted Little Raven, Theglassman12, Rikimarox2, TheFinalOrder, KinkiestSins)

Inconclusive:

Ruby Pre-Timeskip (Volumes 1-3). Speed is equalized. Who wins?

Ruby-0
Lemillion

8D648A30-BA49-4C86-BD0D-45D77B4A9D1D.jpeg

Ruby has a higher range, more versatility, much more mobility, and has experience fighting someone who uses a similar combat style as Mirio, her own sister. If he tries to get close she can just semblance away from him and into cover where she can snipe him from a distance while he doesnt know where she is or what her elemental ammo can do, coupled with her higher AP.

Ruby takes this mid difficulty

Multiple issues.

1. She has never actually sparred with Yang onscreen, she did one CQC for get with Hand to hand and Yang defeated her fairly easily

2. You imply that she will just spam Range forever, she won't, she enjoys CQC just as much.

3. Mirio's intangibility will be a bitch to her Aura

Couple his Higher expirience, comparable skill, and his quirk, Mirio should take this High difficulty should this turn into CQC

Voting Mirio via higher stamina, much better CQC skill, his quirk allowing him to phase through any of Ruby's attacks, and being a better tactician.

Ruby mid diffing him is laughable.

She has no answer to his intang or durability negation which he'll use to bypass her Aura.

@Gargoyle

1. I beg to differ, point is if he tries to hit her she can just semblance away.

2. It is 100% in character for her to range spam if she knows she cant win in CQC and she has done so before.

3. And her dust ammo and inability to hit her due to her semblance will be a bitch to him

I agree that he would win in CQC but Ruby wouldnt allow him to keep her in CQC

She isn't going to know not to enter CQC with Mirio. She doesn't abuse her range at the start, and that's when she'll be overwhelmed.

Ruby has elemental intang yes but she doesn't abuse it nor can she use it like how a Logia such as Ace can.

Again she can't even hit Mirio for most of the match here.

@Knight Ruby wont stay in CQC and he's not hitting her with her speed amp semblance and tornado creation, which he has no answer to

1. Volume 1 trailer was 90% CQC, the Tournament was CQC, and many others. She goes CQC and that's undeniable.

2. Dust bullets don't help if he dodges. And again CQC.

She instinctively used her semblance to avoid CQC with Yang, as well as the Beowolves in the very start of the series, as well as Mercury. There is no reason to assume she wouldnt do the same here. And yes, it is absolutely in character for her to abuse range at the start of a fight.

Nothing is stopping her from hitting him with a High 8-C tornado

Fuuuu I like both </3

Uhh, well first off.

Mirio has the much better cqc, much better phasing and much better tactical mind set.

Ruby has the better range, either extended with her scythe or with her gun, more versatility via dust and semblance speed buff (not sure if this last one is applicable)

Uhh, inconclusive for now, depends on alot of factors tbh. I guess I lean towards Ruby, but Mirio is no slouch. He soloed Class 1-A who btw, fought actual villains.

Mirio permeation is also really broken, ignores durability as he can just phase through all of her attacks and just pummel her to death.

And he literally mixes this in with his fighting style

You do realize he also has pesduo telaportion right? That's how he'll avoid it. Or simply phasing through her attacks. Thing is she'll get into CQC not knowing what will happen to her. She's going to get overwhelmed.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
You do realize he also has pesduo telaportion right? That's how he'll avoid it. Or simply phasing through her attacks. Thing is she'll get into CQC not knowing what will happen to her. She's going to get overwhelmed.
She's not going to get into CQC as she will use her semblance to avoid it

Why are you completely avoiding the idea she'll go into CQC when there's dozens of examples where she does?

Why would she know to use her Semblance right off the bat? Also Mercury got around it easily, I'm pretty sure Mirio can do the same.

Literally the first things we ever see her do in the entire show is avoid CQC with her semblance and spam range attacks

The very first episode in the show.

The Grimm Weiss first attacked during trials.

Roman

Her Fight against the horde of Grimm in Volume 2

Her damn trailer.

Neo and Roman vs Ruby

Need I say more?

Why would she know to use her Semblance right off the bat?
Something small, but she uses her semblance...like, all of the time.

IIRC. She used it against the Nevermore, she used it during her small skirmish with Mercury, she used it in the trailer.

So it is fairly likely.

But tbf, she will likely go CQC.

My point stands. He has to turn solid to hit her, but she cant hit him when he does.

I agree with Garg btw, this should be volume 5 rwby.

At least they will have the same abilities.

To which Mirio can simply dodge or avoid with his Quirk. Unless Ruby is shooting Quirk destroying bullets she isn't bypassing it.

Inb4 someone adds it to her profile

Ruby doesn't have prep time here and even if she does escape he can still teleport next to her.

Therefir said:
@Gargoyle One Volume 5 Ruby is High 8-C.
He is 8-C+

And she is baseline

It really does not matter.

The gap between them is negilible, but at least it gives her a solid advantage.

Right now, it kind just comes down too what happens and there is alot of assumptions you can make about both.

To which Mirio can simply dodge or avoid with his Quirk. Unless Ruby is shooting Quirk destroying bullets she isn't bypassing it.

Inb4 someone adds it to her profile

Ruby doesn't have prep time here and even if she does escape he can still teleport next to her.
For the last thing, if you are talking about prep to get the dust she needs to actually matter (Like Ice for example), Yeah I agree. We should specify that in the OP for rwby matches.

Ice Dust is basically her lifeline right now, her versatility hinges if she can immobilize him

WeeklyBattles said:
Ruby has all of her dust ammo as standard equipment
I...don't recall this tbh.

Source?

Honestly, we should assume they have access to all dust, but the only one we have seen this for all the time is Weiss, sometimes Blake.

It also doesnt help Mirio's case that in character he would rather incap the opponent rather than kill them, which is gong to be difficult against a stronger opponent even with his intangibility

Also her Semblance Pre-Timeskip is High 8-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back