• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Traveler (Genshin impact) VS Ruby Rose (1-8-0) GRACE

you have no spacing with your sentences and at most all you do is press enter to start a new sentence, so everything looks to grouped up and is horrendous to look at, much less read without getting lose.

If you want to make long paragraphs, fine, but at least add some spacing like in my reply here.

I disagree with everything you said here, both out of an understanding for each series and the factors with out each abilities work, and have already made an earlier post explaining this, but you seemed to have decided to ignore it in ironically the same way you felt ignored, so **** you going to repost it again.

Ruby simply takes this because nearly everything the Traveler has, such as forcefields, intagibility, speed amps and whatnot, Ruby has in some way or form and are much more reliable than the Travelers own abilities, except for stuff exclusive to the Anemo Powers such as the tornado and the like. All of the travelers abilities are activated, require thought, and have drawbacks that leave them more limited, while Ruby's abilities are more readily available and active and have less drawbacks due to how they are incorporated into her fighting style.

And yes, I still think that Ruby would use her sniper rifle, she has used it many different times exactly just for sniping, and there is such a thing as restrategizing, because if Ruby knows that the Traveler has less range, why would she not try to abuse it?

It should also be stated that ruby doesn't just simply swing around a scythe with a sniper rifle, she incorporates it into both her offense and mobility, using both her semblance and the recoil from her sniper rifle shots to be an extremely acrobatic and fast individual. Might not be weird in the world of Rwby, but against someone who's lacks the same acrobatic finesse...yeah the traveler is ******.

As for your tibit about the Traveler's abilities being unlimited, it really doesn't matter since Ruby bring so much to the table as is. Even the anemo res decrease isnt likely going to be a tipping factor here considering the sheer mobility and range ruby has at her disposal, and even the AP gap isnt too big to warrrant and immediate verdict off of it.

You did make a good point about the Traveler being able to hold many food items and whatnot, but I think that those same items shouldn't be included in the matchups. I'm just saying to restrict it for this matchup only, but in all matchups, for a few reasons.
  • The traveler may use any sword in the game, but in cutscenes they always have the same iron sword that they started out with at the beginning of the story/
  • Every single fight in the game, outside of a very few specific story fights, always have the player fighting a boss with a made up team of 4 random characters taken from different regions, regardless of when and where the story is or if they should even be able to be there. Much like how the Player's 4 man team isn't considered canon, the inventory list should (for the most part), be considered Video Game Mechanics as it shouldn't make sense for the character to heal with food in the middle of a fight or for it to grant attack/defense buffs.
I'm considering this my last comment because at this point you are going to reply again saying im wrong while stating the exact same reasons I just debunked and we are going to go in circles. I've already cast my vote, but im going to make it clear: Ruby wins this more often than due to a mix of having superior combat range and mobility, having more easily available options for forcefields and intangiblity on top of a more faster and easier to abuse speed amp, having a variety of elemental dusts types that will leave the travler on his toes, and overall just being a more acrobatic and fluid fighter than anything the traveler has ever done. Even the AP advantage the traveler has doesnt matter as aside from it being so close, Ruby can just amp herself more readily with gravity dust, while the Travelers "amp" (anemo resist decrease) requires him to actually hit Ruby first.

I'm gonna continue to follow this thread, but consider me silent unless someone comes in with a dumbass comment.
ok sure I'll try to space out my paragraphs more

You're referring to this?:
  • The Traveler fought against Childe, who is at most in his early 20s. Despite the Travelers supposed skill superiority and access to multiple elements, the two of them were evenly matched (with some cutscenes to suggest the Traveler was weaker in this fight) with the fight against Childe's super form only ending because of the strain it puts on the body.
Tartaglia is the only person introduced in the series to ever get trapped in the Abyss, survive for several months in the span of 3 days in Teyvat, and was permanently changed in several ways, to the extent that despite being the weakest, he's still considered an "oddball" even among the Fatui Harbingers. After coming back he proceeded to body literally everyone he fought in Shneznaya's military force, and was the youngest person to ever join the Harbingers, some of whom are hundreds of years old if not more. It's safe to say that whatever he experienced in the Abyss clearly made him an exception in the world of Teyvat, and that's not even including his additional training after he came back. Not to mention, I don't see why you're adding Traveler's multiple elements advantage when Tartaglia was forced to use his DElusion (which grants a significant power boost), plus his only cutscene depict him transforming into Foul Legacy, granting an additional power boost. It makes sense that Traveler was much weaker in their fight due to these cutscenes, but that doesn't meanhe lacks skill. If anything, it should be considered a good feat since he could stave off one of the most skilled fighters in Teyvat who also has a significant AP advantage for presumably several minutes. Ruby in comparison has DRASTICALLY less skill AND an AP DISADVANTAGE compared to Childe.
  • On the flipside, im not going to cut corners here, Traveler straight up lost against the Raiden Shogun in their first fight, and despite supposedly managing to gain the upper hand when amped up in AP by the Vision Statue, there's some things to suggest that Raiden Ei (who is the soul residing in the Shogun Puppet) wasn't using her full power in this fight, as given by the fact that Ei could defeat Raiden Shogun in their amped up form, despite the Traveler struggling against the Shogun in their base form.
yeah cool an 8B lost against a 6C
and it was never stated that Raiden Shogun was holding back either. It would be counterintuitive to the plot and Ei's goals to suddenly start holding herself back when she made it very clear in several points of the story that Ei and the Shogun wanted Traveler dead. Suddenly gaining a power boost and then winning seems like he won cuz of the power boost
Traveler got training against Ei in the simulator cuz Ei can 1 shot him whenever she wanted due to being 6C

Traveler's anemo abilities have no drawbacks besides game mechanic endlag, i don't see what drawbacks you're talking about. He can shoot blades of air as projectiles with no drawback, he can create tornados and windblasts with no drawback. Like yes it's thought based but all of Ruby's abilities sans forcefields is also thought-based. Why is that suddenly seen a a weakness?

Ruby doesn't snipe other people in character when she's fighting the m 1 on 1. At no point in the series has she ever just ran away and spammed sniper blasts willy-nilly until someone died. Sure she's used it against fodder Grimm but that's really not the same thing. In the first clip you sent she sniped at some Beowolves ruinning towards her, and when they finally closed the distance she just slashed them to pieces and shotgunned her sniper shots down their throat. In the second clip, she was sniping a giant nevermore hundreds of meters away, which makes sense. That doesn't make sense against someone swinging a sword in your face. Incorporating shots into her slashes also doesn't exactly add a significant variance into her gameplan since her shots aren't stronger than her slashes without Gravity dust, so Traveler's gonna take the same amount of damage from them regardless.

As for restrategizing, sniping wouldn't work regardless due to elemental intangibility. Traveler can just do that and all the bullets will pass through him

I'm well aware she uses both scythe slashes and sniper shots into her close-range attacks, but that's not really gonna help her outside of adding variance to her fighting style. In the beowolf clip you sent, she only really used recoil to help behead/slash in half a few of them. Yes I'm aware that there are other clips that have her add recoil to supplement her fighting style, but that's not gonna work after a while since both combatants will learn from each other as they fight.

The problem is that Traveler is twice as strong as Ruby is normally. Even with aura, Ruby's really not gonna be able to handle that many attacks from him, especially since Ruby has been blindsided by people her level before, even with Aura factored in.

Traveler having several weapons makes sense since he canonically goes on adventures and quests and is rewarded for performing several odd jobs, as well as take weapons and Materials from Hilichurls, as well as asking city blacksmiths to craft stuff in either commissions or sidequests. It's safe to say that he has more than just 1 dull blade since dull blades are extremely commonplace in the world of Teyvat.

Yeah I absolutely agree that Food shouldn't be represented with their in game counterparts. I addressed it in one of my earlier comments:
"I'm not sure if the in-game effects of food or drinks can directly be translated into combat, but he does have other items that provide at least some benefit
At the bare minimum he can still take more swords/other weapons out of his inventory in case his own breaks/gets lost"

Traveler wins because
he can facetank everything Ruby throws at him by just blocking or with Forcefields
Her intangibility sucks via this (3:22)
Her speed amp not mattering since she doesn't use it to enhance her attack speed plus this
Traveler abusing her elemental variety with Swirl and additional elemental shred from it
More acrobatics is countered by elemental intangibility plus forcefields turtling
and Traveler's amp still being pplied to most if not all of his wind-based attacks since it being locked to a specific move is game mechanics

...wow I didn't think I could be this easily triggered by a dumbass copium filled commentyet here were are.

These are some of the worse hot takes that I've seen regarding the traveler for multiple ******* reasons Mickey. I'm not going to talk about all of it because half your shit is random drabble, but I'll focus on the parts that actually matter.
If anything, it should be considered a good feat since he could stave off one of the most skilled fighters in Teyvat who also has a significant AP advantage for presumably several minutes. Ruby in comparison has DRASTICALLY less skill AND an AP DISADVANTAGE compared to Childe.
The AP advantage literally doesn't matter in this fight. Its a one ton difference at best and Ruby can close that gap with Gravity Dust. It shouldn't be the main factor anyway considering that someone like Yang is superior in strength, yet Ruby still manages to outdo her in fighting anyways, at least when weapons are allowed. AP isn't even the only factor in this fight, yet you are parading it around like the end all be all for why the Traveler wins.
  • On the flipside, im not going to cut corners here, Traveler straight up lost against the Raiden Shogun in their first fight, and despite supposedly managing to gain the upper hand when amped up in AP by the Vision Statue, there's some things to suggest that Raiden Ei (who is the soul residing in the Shogun Puppet) wasn't using her full power in this fight, as given by the fact that Ei could defeat Raiden Shogun in their amped up form, despite the Traveler struggling against the Shogun in their base form.
yeah cool an 8B lost against a 6C
Your point being? This isnt about the AP difference this about skill.
and it was never stated that Raiden Shogun was holding back either. It would be counterintuitive to the plot and Ei's goals to suddenly start holding herself back when she made it very clear in several points of the story that Ei and the Shogun wanted Traveler dead. Suddenly gaining a power boost and then winning seems like he won cuz of the power boost
Traveler got training against Ei in the simulator cuz Ei can 1 shot him whenever she wanted due to being 6C
The training was outdated, and if Ei really wanted the traveler dead, then she could have used the same level of power she had when she fought the Shogun's super mode boss form, which was superior to the Shogun's base form that one shot the traveler and was at a similar level to Ei was when she fought the traveler at the end of the Izunama chapter.

Shogun Supermode>Base Shogun=Ei=Statue empowered traveler.
Traveler's anemo abilities have no drawbacks besides game mechanic endlag, i don't see what drawbacks you're talking about. He can shoot blades of air as projectiles with no drawback, he can create tornados and windblasts with no drawback. Like yes it's thought based but all of Ruby's abilities sans forcefields is also thought-based. Why is that suddenly seen a a weakness?
Inferior range, is a castable ability rather than an automatic effect. Anemo resist couldn't even work on Ruby while she's protected by her Aura. Also its very NLF to assume that the Anemo energies are unlimited and dont make the traveler exhausted from overuse.
Ruby doesn't snipe other people in character when she's fighting the m 1 on 1. At no point in the series has she ever just ran away and spammed sniper blasts willy-nilly until someone died. Sure she's used it against fodder Grimm but that's really not the same thing. In the first clip you sent she sniped at some Beowolves ruinning towards her, and when they finally closed the distance she just slashed them to pieces and shotgunned her sniper shots down their throat. In the second clip, she was sniping a giant nevermore hundreds of meters away, which makes sense. That doesn't make sense against someone swinging a sword in your face. Incorporating shots into her slashes also doesn't exactly add a significant variance into her gameplan since her shots aren't stronger than her slashes without Gravity dust, so Traveler's gonna take the same amount of damage from them regardless.

As for restrategizing, sniping wouldn't work regardless due to elemental intangibility. Traveler can just do that and all the bullets will pass through him
So your entire arguement against Ruby is based off of the idea that she wouldn't try to use new strategies to fight an opponent if one wasn't working, but at the same time you are allowing the Traveler to use abilities that they have canonically not been shown to use and are only applied to them due to powerscaling?
The problem is that Traveler is twice as strong as Ruby is normally.
Huh? You think that
Even with aura, Ruby's really not gonna be able to handle that many attacks from him, especially since Ruby has been blindsided by people her level before, even with Aura factored in.
Huh? You think that 3.41 vs 4.28 is a 2xAP difference? No wonder your voting for the traveler.
Traveler having several weapons makes sense since he canonically goes on adventures and quests and is rewarded for performing several odd jobs, as well as take weapons and Materials from Hilichurls, as well as asking city blacksmiths to craft stuff in either commissions or sidequests. It's safe to say that he has more than just 1 dull blade since dull blades are extremely commonplace in the world of Teyvat.
Still video game mechanics. He canonically uses the Dull Blade in every cutscene, and like someone else said, half of them would be considered 6C items anyway so whats the point of mentioning them if half of them would be a stomp? I also would like to add that we have no idea when the Traveler gets most of their weapons due to how disconnected canon is aside from main story missions, so its feels unfair to even add them into the fight.
Traveler wins because
he can facetank everything Ruby throws at him by just blocking or with Forcefields
Again, if you are going to talk about strategies in regards to Ruby, so the same should apply to the Traveler. The traveler has never been shown making forcefields in any of their canonical fights, and even if they were, its absurd to assume that the barriers are always active or that they require no concentration to maintain. Aura is a constantly
Her intangibility sucks via this (3:22)
You didnt add a ******* timeframe.
Her speed amp not mattering since she doesn't use it to enhance her attack speed plus this
Makes zero sense because Ruby can move fast enough to get in close before the Traveler can even defend or cast an ability. ALSO NO TIME FRAME.
Traveler abusing her elemental variety with Swirl and additional elemental shred from it
Requires the Traveler to hit her, which she can also dodge with her own semblance. Plus Aura would likely block the elemental shred at it prevents Ruby herself from being harmed.
More acrobatics is countered by elemental intangibility plus forcefields turtling
Again, its not part of the Travelers default strategies, powerscaling is dubious at best, andis stated as an NLF that the Traveler is untouchable and undefeatable.
Yet they lost to these bitches....
and Traveler's amp still being applied to most if not all of his wind-based attacks since it being locked to a specific move is game mechanics
I never mentioned that the "amp"was locked to any skill, but even then can resist the "amp" thanks to the LITERAL FORCEFIELD SURROUNDING HER AT ALL TIMES.

Ok you know what I change my mind, @V999 can I change my vote to "Mickey1940 is a massive dumbass"? Is that allowed?

(I'm joking btw, I'm still voting Ruby but goddamn I can only take so much idiocy)

... That got toxic fast

Anyways voting Ruby. Vastly Superior Mobility and Movement Options, from what I see can potentially have better speed, can amp herself, has more reliable abilities than Traveler (Who from all that we see in terms of canon cut scene's, doesn't really use abilities, and mainly just goes for CQC), and I find the Skill gap to be pretty questionable. Also the fact that since this is Mondstat Traveler, any Liyue, Inazuma or Sumeru skill feat's shouldn't be applied to her beyond maybe some backscaling. Even then, frankly, from what we see Ruby honestly seems to have way more variance in technique's than Traveler does in cutscene's, while Traveler's skill here is supported vaguely by having Thousands of Year's of exploring Worlds, yet we have no knowledge on how much she fought in all these years. Her superior LS also is of note because it means she can possibly push and pull her pretty easily, moving her around like a ragdoll.

Inversely, Traveler's best aspects are:

• A Skill Advantage that is Questionable at best
  • Barriers and other skills that appear to not be incharacter
  • A AP difference that hardly makes any difference whatsoever, and is countered by Ruby's amp
  • A potential debuff he can inflict on Ruby that hinges on him actually hitting her (Which her Superior Mobility can deal with)
  • The ability to swirl any Dust Elements that she launches at her (Something I would give her a actual point for, but it's hardly considerable when compared to Ruby's advantages.)

All in all, Ruby's arguement is just significantly more convincing.

...wow I didn't think I could be this easily triggered by a dumbass copium filled commentyet here were are.

These are some of the worse hot takes that I've seen regarding the traveler for multiple ******* reasons Mickey. I'm not going to talk about all of it because half your shit is random drabble, but I'll focus on the parts that actually matter.

The AP advantage literally doesn't matter in this fight. Its a one ton difference at best and Ruby can close that gap with Gravity Dust. It shouldn't be the main factor anyway considering that someone like Yang is superior in strength, yet Ruby still manages to outdo her in fighting anyways, at least when weapons are allowed. AP isn't even the only factor in this fight, yet you are parading it around like the end all be all for why the Traveler wins.

Your point being? This isnt about the AP difference this about skill.

The training was outdated, and if Ei really wanted the traveler dead, then she could have used the same level of power she had when she fought the Shogun's super mode boss form, which was superior to the Shogun's base form that one shot the traveler and was at a similar level to Ei was when she fought the traveler at the end of the Izunama chapter.

Shogun Supermode>Base Shogun=Ei=Statue empowered traveler.

Inferior range, is a castable ability rather than an automatic effect. Anemo resist couldn't even work on Ruby while she's protected by her Aura. Also its very NLF to assume that the Anemo energies are unlimited and dont make the traveler exhausted from overuse.

So your entire arguement against Ruby is based off of the idea that she wouldn't try to use new strategies to fight an opponent if one wasn't working, but at the same time you are allowing the Traveler to use abilities that they have canonically not been shown to use and are only applied to them due to powerscaling?

Huh? You think that

Huh? You think that 3.41 vs 4.28 is a 2xAP difference? No wonder your voting for the traveler.

Still video game mechanics. He canonically uses the Dull Blade in every cutscene, and like someone else said, half of them would be considered 6C items anyway so whats the point of mentioning them if half of them would be a stomp? I also would like to add that we have no idea when the Traveler gets most of their weapons due to how disconnected canon is aside from main story missions, so its feels unfair to even add them into the fight.

Again, if you are going to talk about strategies in regards to Ruby, so the same should apply to the Traveler. The traveler has never been shown making forcefields in any of their canonical fights, and even if they were, its absurd to assume that the barriers are always active or that they require no concentration to maintain. Aura is a constantly

You didnt add a ******* timeframe.

Makes zero sense because Ruby can move fast enough to get in close before the Traveler can even defend or cast an ability. ALSO NO TIME FRAME.

Requires the Traveler to hit her, which she can also dodge with her own semblance. Plus Aura would likely block the elemental shred at it prevents Ruby herself from being harmed.

Again, its not part of the Travelers default strategies, powerscaling is dubious at best, andis stated as an NLF that the Traveler is untouchable and undefeatable.
Yet they lost to these bitches....

I never mentioned that the "amp"was locked to any skill, but even then can resist the "amp" thanks to the LITERAL FORCEFIELD SURROUNDING HER AT ALL TIMES.

Ok you know what I change my mind, @V999 can I change my vote to "Mickey1940 is a massive dumbass"? Is that allowed?

(I'm joking btw, I'm still voting Ruby but goddamn I can only take so much idiocy)
Before I say anything, I just wanted to say that I don't think I really said anything to deserve such blatant toxicity and insults. If you're gonna let a vs debate get you this heated then idk what else I can do. Whether or not you're right doesn't excuse your behavior. Calm down bro

Traveler scales abofve 4.28 tons. Ruby scales to 1.41. RWBY characters have had their auras broken after several minutes of fighting against people on par with them. Someone 3 times stronger is going to shred it a lot faster. Gravity Dust is limited in ammo, doesn't apply to her Scythe Slashes, and doesn't provide a big enough boost to close the AP gap, especially not when Traveler can hit even harder due to Resistance Negation

Traveler was getting straight up bullied before gaining the Vision Boost because he was an 8B trying to fight a 6C. After getting power from the Vision Statue as well as implied help from Yae Miko, Traveler proceeded to clean up the fight rather quickly. I don't see how this translates to skill in any capacity

Raiden Shogun was clearly ******* around before Traveler got the Vision boost, and then after he got the boost he proceeded to beat her up enough to the point where she gave up her centuries-long beliefs and let him live.
The Shogun still lost to Ei despite transforming and after Ei was worn out after centuries of fighting. Pretty sure the Shogun doesn't outscale her

Inferior range which Ruby doesn't capitalize on in character against human enemies. At no point during any of her fights against people did she just fly off and start sniping
Saying that Anemo Shred doesn't work when it's worked against Shield Mitachurls who take no damage from a frontal attack as well as Abyss Mages who take zero damage from all attacks tell me you really don't know how to play the game. Simply being exposed to any of Traveler's attacks is enough to shred resistances. Not to mention, even if we take that resistance shred out of the picture entirely, Traveler has a x3 AP advantage, so he likely doesn't need it before he starts tearing chunks of her aura away.
I also never claimed his anemo abilities were "unlimited" in the sense that he has infinite stamina. I meant it as all of his anemo abilities should give him the resistance shred of one of his moves, and therefore isn't restricted to only using a specific move to perform an attack. It's just anemo energy at the end of the day. Several other characters who wield Anemo have similar abilities

I think you missed the part where I said that her sniping people isn't going to work in the first place due to intangibility and forcefields, especially not from hundreds of meters away. Finding a new strategy is cool and all but that strategy doesn't even work in the first place, especially due to limited ammo and Traveler's various means of dealing with it

Ruby doesn't scale to the Nevermore calc since it took all of Team RWBYJNPR to take down a single one. Not to mention:
  • Nevermore Busts a Bridge (Accepted): 1.41 tons of TNT, Building level+
  • Nevermore Ramming KE 1: .273 tons of TNT, Building level
  • Nevermore Ramming KE 2 (Accepted): 3.41 Tons of TNT, Large Building level
  • Nevermore Destroys a Temple: 12.8 tons of TNT, City Block level
  • Nevermore Destroys a Temple Recalc (Accepted): 1.58 tons of TNT,Building level+
  • Ruby Displaces Rocks (Accepted): 1.12 tons of TNT, Building level+

Ruby's Normal Striking Strength: 1.42 tons of TNT (Building level+)

Exactly. The blade's handle attacks from 7Bs, High 7As, and 6Cs. Why did you mention they would ever break? And, even if they were to break, why wouldn't he just pull another one literally out of his ass?
Inventory is something that's addressed in multiple character idle animations where they pull out their weapons and then deposit them into thin air. Not to mention, Traveler keeps the Serenitea pot on him at all timesm which is indeed addressed multiple times in the story. There was an entire event dedicated for it., I don't see him carrying a giant pot the size of his head around during cutscenes. Do you?

It's still a tool that he can exploit. Excluding it from the fight doesn't make any sense. Whether or not it;s active doesn't change the fact that he has it and it can block attacks

I don't know how to, sorry. Just open the link and skip to 3:22. Mercury smacks Ruby out of the air mid Petal Burst

You're saying this like Ruby cleaves him in half the instant she gets close, which she doesn't due to the AP disadvantage, barriers, and the fact that Traveler can still smack her out of the air. When I mentioned attack speed I meant it as she doesn't use her speed to enhance her slashing or shooting. She's not gonna run circles around Traveler like a Looney Toons character cuz she never has done this before, and even if she does barriers just say nope

Every anemo character in the game can swirl off of elements that are on their own bodies, and spread it to other people. Traveler being hit by elemental attacks means he can also use those elements against her via Swirl.

So running away and sniping people from hundreds of meters away is called "finding a new stragegy", meanwhile Traveler using forcefields to defend himself from attacks is called a NLF and "not one of Traveler's default strategies"?

Traveler can affect enemies with this debuff, like Abyss Mages, who have a full body forcefield which unlike Ruby's isn't skintight. It's pretty safe to say that she can still get affected by the debuff

I wanted to mention that I'm extremely confused why people think that RWBY characters can't be harmed unless their Auras are broken. We've seen time and time again that people still get blindsided and injured even without getting their auras shattered, meaning it's still intact. Just take a look at Jaune vs Cardin. In this scene, Jaune gets visibly bruised by Cardin and his lackeys despite having his aura unlocked a while back. Not to mention, after Jaune accidentally pushed Cardin back with his aura, Cardin was grabbing his wrist in pain, but his aura was still intact. It's pretty clear that Aura isn't just a nope button to everything that attacks them.

And once again, please refrain from the insults. I don't really care if you think I'm a "massive dumbass", but you're not exactly making yourself look any better by tossing those words around. It kinda makes you look immature, and if you're at all older than 16 then I really do think you should consider taking some time off this wiki to seeking therapy for those anger issues.

Before I say anything, I just wanted to say that I don't think I really said anything to deserve such blatant toxicity and insults. If you're gonna let a vs debate get you this heated then idk what else I can do. Whether or not you're right doesn't excuse your behavior. Calm down bro

Traveler scales abofve 4.28 tons. Ruby scales to 1.41. RWBY characters have had their auras broken after several minutes of fighting against people on par with them. Someone 3 times stronger is going to shred it a lot faster. Gravity Dust is limited in ammo, doesn't apply to her Scythe Slashes, and doesn't provide a big enough boost to close the AP gap, especially not when Traveler can hit even harder due to Resistance Negation

Traveler was getting straight up bullied before gaining the Vision Boost because he was an 8B trying to fight a 6C. After getting power from the Vision Statue as well as implied help from Yae Miko, Traveler proceeded to clean up the fight rather quickly. I don't see how this translates to skill in any capacity

Raiden Shogun was clearly ******* around before Traveler got the Vision boost, and then after he got the boost he proceeded to beat her up enough to the point where she gave up her centuries-long beliefs and let him live.
The Shogun still lost to Ei despite transforming and after Ei was worn out after centuries of fighting. Pretty sure the Shogun doesn't outscale her

Inferior range which Ruby doesn't capitalize on in character against human enemies. At no point during any of her fights against people did she just fly off and start sniping
Saying that Anemo Shred doesn't work when it's worked against Shield Mitachurls who take no damage from a frontal attack as well as Abyss Mages who take zero damage from all attacks tell me you really don't know how to play the game. Simply being exposed to any of Traveler's attacks is enough to shred resistances. Not to mention, even if we take that resistance shred out of the picture entirely, Traveler has a x3 AP advantage, so he likely doesn't need it before he starts tearing chunks of her aura away.
I also never claimed his anemo abilities were "unlimited" in the sense that he has infinite stamina. I meant it as all of his anemo abilities should give him the resistance shred of one of his moves, and therefore isn't restricted to only using a specific move to perform an attack. It's just anemo energy at the end of the day. Several other characters who wield Anemo have similar abilities

I think you missed the part where I said that her sniping people isn't going to work in the first place due to intangibility and forcefields, especially not from hundreds of meters away. Finding a new strategy is cool and all but that strategy doesn't even work in the first place, especially due to limited ammo and Traveler's various means of dealing with it

Ruby doesn't scale to the Nevermore calc since it took all of Team RWBYJNPR to take down a single one. Not to mention:
  • Nevermore Busts a Bridge (Accepted): 1.41 tons of TNT, Building level+
  • Nevermore Ramming KE 1: .273 tons of TNT, Building level
  • Nevermore Ramming KE 2 (Accepted): 3.41 Tons of TNT, Large Building level
  • Nevermore Destroys a Temple: 12.8 tons of TNT, City Block level
  • Nevermore Destroys a Temple Recalc (Accepted): 1.58 tons of TNT,Building level+
  • Ruby Displaces Rocks (Accepted): 1.12 tons of TNT, Building level+

Ruby's Normal Striking Strength: 1.42 tons of TNT (Building level+)

Exactly. The blade's handle attacks from 7Bs, High 7As, and 6Cs. Why did you mention they would ever break? And, even if they were to break, why wouldn't he just pull another one literally out of his ass?
Inventory is something that's addressed in multiple character idle animations where they pull out their weapons and then deposit them into thin air. Not to mention, Traveler keeps the Serenitea pot on him at all timesm which is indeed addressed multiple times in the story. There was an entire event dedicated for it., I don't see him carrying a giant pot the size of his head around during cutscenes. Do you?

It's still a tool that he can exploit. Excluding it from the fight doesn't make any sense. Whether or not it;s active doesn't change the fact that he has it and it can block attacks

I don't know how to, sorry. Just open the link and skip to 3:22. Mercury smacks Ruby out of the air mid Petal Burst

You're saying this like Ruby cleaves him in half the instant she gets close, which she doesn't due to the AP disadvantage, barriers, and the fact that Traveler can still smack her out of the air. When I mentioned attack speed I meant it as she doesn't use her speed to enhance her slashing or shooting. She's not gonna run circles around Traveler like a Looney Toons character cuz she never has done this before, and even if she does barriers just say nope

Every anemo character in the game can swirl off of elements that are on their own bodies, and spread it to other people. Traveler being hit by elemental attacks means he can also use those elements against her via Swirl.

So running away and sniping people from hundreds of meters away is called "finding a new stragegy", meanwhile Traveler using forcefields to defend himself from attacks is called a NLF and "not one of Traveler's default strategies"?

Traveler can affect enemies with this debuff, like Abyss Mages, who have a full body forcefield which unlike Ruby's isn't skintight. It's pretty safe to say that she can still get affected by the debuff

I wanted to mention that I'm extremely confused why people think that RWBY characters can't be harmed unless their Auras are broken. We've seen time and time again that people still get blindsided and injured even without getting their auras shattered, meaning it's still intact. Just take a look at Jaune vs Cardin. In this scene, Jaune gets visibly bruised by Cardin and his lackeys despite having his aura unlocked a while back. Not to mention, after Jaune accidentally pushed Cardin back with his aura, Cardin was grabbing his wrist in pain, but his aura was still intact. It's pretty clear that Aura isn't just a nope button to everything that attacks them.

And once again, please refrain from the insults. I don't really care if you think I'm a "massive dumbass", but you're not exactly making yourself look any better by tossing those words around. It kinda makes you look immature, and if you're at all older than 16 then I really do think you should consider taking some time off this wiki to seeking therapy for those anger issues.
You do know Ruby alone cut off that things head right (and no, Weiss making a platform for Ruby to run up a cliff to be able to drag it and cut its head off doesn't count as Weiss wasn't helping Ruby out with anything AP related) everyone did harm it by themselves meaning they scale to it 🗿💀
FqO9Y8-aIAA9_Vw.jpg

Yeah, basically modstar traveler doesn't have any good shit, anyway, once I'm done with the GT profiles I hope to make a match with the knight.

Ruby FRA

LMAO I thought Mickey couldnt be anymore delusional. This MF had the audacity to pretend that Ruby only scales to 1.41 when the actual AP value was given in the opening and is considered the AP she scales, then proceeds to act as if everyone else was wrong. I mean, I just thought Mickey was biased in every way to the traveler, but turns out they are huffing car fumes as well.

LMAO I thought Mickey couldnt be anymore delusional. This MF had the audacity to pretend that Ruby only scales to 1.41 when the actual AP value was given in the opening and is considered the AP she scales, then proceeds to act as if everyone else was wrong. I mean, I just thought Mickey was biased in every way to the traveler, but turns out they are huffing car fumes as well.
Like damn bro, you didn't need to do that to the man

You do know Ruby alone cut off that things head right (and no, Weiss making a platform for Ruby to run up a cliff to be able to drag it and cut its head off doesn't count as Weiss wasn't helping Ruby out with anything AP related) everyone did harm it by themselves meaning they scale to it 🗿💀
FqO9Y8-aIAA9_Vw.jpg
The nevermore was facetanking multiple projectiles from all of Team RWBY plus several shotgun shells down its throat from Yang (to no effect mind you) before being combo'd by the rest of the team and then finally ended by Ruby herself. Her dealing the finishing blow doesn't change the fact that she required a lot of help to take it down. Saying that she scales above the Nevermore is not only ignoring that fact, but also ignoring the Griffon feat posted in her profile as well

Everything in that key on her profile points at 1.41 tons, not 3. Post a CRT to update her page to mention that she scales above the nevermore, then we'll talk

The nevermore was facetanking multiple projectiles from all of Team RWBY plus several shotgun shells down its throat from Yang (to no effect mind you) before being combo'd by the rest of the team and then finally ended by Ruby herself. Her dealing the finishing blow doesn't change the fact that she required a lot of help to take it down. Saying that she scales above the Nevermore is not only ignoring that fact, but also ignoring the Griffon feat posted in her profile as well

Everything in that key on her profile points at 1.41 tons, not 3. Post a CRT to update her page to mention that she scales above the nevermore, then we'll talk

Attack Potency: Large Building level (Displaced several tonnes of rock while dragging a Nevermore up a cliff. Killed a Giant Nevermore which is this strong. Kicked a Griffon hard enough to cause this much damage), higher with Gravity Dust (Attacks enhanced by Gravity Dust are significantly stronger than the user's normal attacks and are capable of shattering Ice Dust constructs), her Silver Eyes ignores the durability of Grimm
Killed a Giant Nevermore which is this strong.
On behalf of everyone who had to witness your obliviousness: get ******.

Anyways, we're in grace so its 1 vote for the Traveler and 8 for Ruby. Probably still have more time before a close, but unless people start to bomb this thread I don't see it changed anytime soon. Can't wait to see the updated character profiles. :D

On behalf of everyone who had to witness your obliviousness: get ******.
Ok so basically I see a 1.12 ton feat, a 1.41 ton feat, and she killed something with a 3 ton feat which required the combined efforts of her whole team plus internal damage from Yang's shotgun shells to take down over the course of several minutes

yeah I kinda don't think she scales directly to it

You also didn't address a single one of my other feats besides AP, although that should already be enough in and of itself

Ok so basically I see a 1.12 ton feat, a 1.41 ton feat, and she killed something with a 3 ton feat which required the combined efforts of her whole team plus internal damage from Yang's shotgun shells to take down over the course of several minutes

yeah I kinda don't think she scales directly to it
Community considers otherwise, Ruby scales to 3.41 tons
You also didn't address a single one of my other feats besides AP, although that should already be enough in and of itself
Yet no one but you believes them, otherwise they'd be voting the Traveler instead. Also TLDR.

As I said, if it was liyue or inazuma, definitely the traveler would have a better chance, better skill feat, can take advantage of anemo with electro and Geo, bow skill.

Modstar traveler doesn't have any good shit to take advantage of in this case beyond anemo defense reduction.

As I said, if it was liyue or inazuma, definitely the traveler would have a better chance, better skill feat, can take advantage of anemo with electro and Geo, bow skill.

Modstar traveler doesn't have any good shit to take advantage of in this case beyond anemo defense reduction.
On that note, I don't think Anemo reduction will do anything really. Anemo resistance is basically wind resistance, which Ruby doesn't really have specifically, so it shouldnt even be really considered here.

Sorry for the late response, I was dealing with a few things

Anyways, it seems that all of the votes for Ruby are due to:
1. Aura protects her from everything and thus everything Traveler does just gets entirely negated
2. Passable AP based off an incorrect assumption
3. Her semblance just lets her speedblitz people during speed-equalized matches
4. Ruby snipe camp gg

The problem with all 3 of these are already addressed in several of my previous comments, so I'm just gonna post all of my evidence here:

1. Several instances in RWBY depict characters feeling pain and getting blindsided despite having aura. Traveler smacking Ruby with his sword isn't something Ruby can just facetank and ignore, especially with his AP advantage

2. I don't know why so many people in the community assume that Ruby is stronger than the Giant Nevermore when her entire team had to work together to take it out. Blake attacked it multiple times in the back (which it ignored), Yang exclaimed that they need to give it "everything they got" and all 4 blasted it with projectiles (which it powered through with no effect and then destroyed the tower they were standing on), Yang shooting it in the face, Yang filling its gullet with shotgun blasts, Weiss freezing it in place, and Ruby using a gravity dust enhanced slingshot to drag her onto the nevermore, Weiss helping her latch onto the cliff, then Ruby drag the Nevermore up the cliff with multiple Sniper blasts to add to her momentum to finally take it down for good.
This is also supported by the fact that the Giant Grimm Scorpion, which is depicted as equal to the Nevermore, initially fought off all 8 of them, blindsided Blake, no sold all of their projectiles, pushed back both Pyrrha and Jaune at the same time while no selling Nora's rockets, and slammed Ren so hard into a wall that he couldn't fight anymore. All of these characters sans Jaune are either on par or superior to Ruby.
So no, Ruby's not 3 tons

3. Mercury, someone depicted as on par with Yang, who is depicted as on par with or slightly stronger than the rest of her team, kicked Ruby out of her Petal Burst state when she was desperate and was trying to get past him. So her intangibility as of this volume is questionable at best, meanwhile Traveler's has never experienced that same weakness

4. Ruby snipe camping is, for the millionth time, not in character for her to do. If FireSwordHero is gonna call Traveler using powers he already has a "nonstandard strategy" because he's never used it before, then yeah, Ruby sniping a human target and abusing her range in a 1v1 is also a "nonstandard strategy" since she's never done that before in this volume. I literally rewatched RWBY for this, she doesn't do it a single time unless she's supporting her team or fighting a large amount of fodder grimm. In a 1v1 with someone on her ass at all times she's not doing that, she's always engaging in CQC

Back