• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mirio (MHA) vs Iaian (OPM)

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
MHA gets 7-C characters, putting them against OPM characters was inevitable.

OPM has been downgraded to 8-A, so I needed to change which version of Mirio this is.

Shie Hassaikai Arc Mirio: 711.97 Tons of TNT

Pre-Monster Association Arc Iaian: 776.75 Tons of TNT

Speed is Equalized.

Starting Distance: 10 meters

Who wins?

Lemillion: noisyPitta, MintyBoi1, (2)

Iaian: Kachon123, (1)

j4Pxj7F.png

Last edited:
Ok, Mirio got higher AP and laian got better experience, but can laian Skill and Experience overcome Mirio Hax?

Iaian's big thing here is his ability to sense intent/emotions to the point he can dodge/block/parry attacks from Devil long hair even when they come from the ceiling and underground.
And having a sword, even if he will likely use the dull side due to fighting a teenage boy.

Iaian's big thing here is his ability to sense intent/emotions to the point he can dodge/block/parry attacks from Devil long hair even when they come from the ceiling and underground.
This should be helpful against Mirio's quirk - when he pops up from the ground anyway

Following

I know that's probably going to be how it goes and I personally have zero interest in debating skill. I'll just list down what I know about Mirio and let you all come to whatever conclusions you want. Considering what I know, I do personally think Iaian has the edge in this category overall. That's why I thought this'd be a good match.

Mirio's Quirk, as you can read on his profile, lets him turn any part of his body intangible. A property of this is if he turns himself solid while still inside of something, his body will get launched out of it at high speed. Mirio can control where he gets launched and use this to his advantage to bounce around a location.

While under the effects of a power that removed his sense of equilibrium, he can still bounce around and attack like this. He has great control over his Quirk, being able to phase through Eri's head and land a hit on the person holding her. He can also phase through the hand of someone attempting to catch/stop his punch.

He's also been taught by Sir Nighteye to read his opponents movements and predict them. His best example of this is after losing his ability to become intangible, he still went on to "battle" Chisaki for 5 minutes. All while he avoided getting touched by Chisaki's hand and having to protect Eri from getting injured.

A single touch from Chisaki is instant death and those spikes are capable of one shotting him if he get screws up. Also the speed of Chisaki's spikes are faster than Mirio. Their speed makes it hard for 20% Izuku, who is faster than Mirio, to dodge them.

I say Mirio isn't half bad. Also, heroes in MHA are highly against killing in the vast majority of scenarios. So incapacitation would be Mirio's method of victory.

Mirio's Quirk, as you can read on his profile, lets him turn any part of his body intangible. A property of this is if he turns himself solid while still inside of something, his body will get launched out of it at high speed. Mirio can control where he gets launched and use this to his advantage to bounce around a location.
Well this is definitely something that Iaian can deal with thanks to being able to sense killing intent and here he does in fact senses and dodges in advance attacks coming from the underground:
BjsfdF4.png
8oPo8qi.png

Now this is something that would prove problematic at the first exchanges of the fight but it would only make Iaian go on the defensive and focus on dodging entirely and by that point it would come down to stamina which seems to be a strong point for both..

Damn, i just noticed Iaian has unknown LS in this key. If Mirio manages to disarm him it could be vatastrophic, since OPM swordsman are very reliant on their swords.

I reckon Mirio takes this. While I do agree that Iaian would be able to sense Mirio's attacks from within the walls, if Iaian tries to block any of the attacks instead of dodge them (which he is prone to doing) then Mirio can just phase through the sword to land a hit.

Forgot about this.

The majority of OPM's 7-Cs have become 8-A, so I changed which version of Mirio was being used here.

NoisyPitta, are you still voting for Mirio?

I think Mirio has this since he can overwhelm with the pushback from his attacks like said above. And since Iaian has unknown LS he can’t stop his sword from getting taken out the fight.

Voting Iaian. He has superior AP and experience.

Iaian would be able to predict the moments when Miro attacks, and in that moment use his Iaido, which should be similar in function to the Atomic Slash, being a semi-blitz, allowing Iaian to get a couple free hits on him.

Mirio also has remarkable skill at predicting opponents, fighting someone who could kill with a touch for 5 minutes without his quirk. I don’t think Iaian would be able to predict Mirio phasing through his block, enough hits like that could get his sword out the way.

There’s also the fact Iaian is only said to feel killing intent, something Mirio wouldn’t have in this fight. I feel the AP and experience differences would be negligible (not a 2x difference and 18/23 isn’t that big a difference especially since Mirio has been training his quirk since he was a kid).

Mirio also has remarkable skill at predicting opponents, fighting someone who could kill with a touch for 5 minutes without his quirk. I don’t think Iaian would be able to predict Mirio phasing through his block, enough hits like that could get his sword out the way.
Why not? He was able to predict and dodge, parry, and destroy over 33 thousand attacks with his eyes closed. This was him with 1 arm. The version of him being used has both of his arms, meaning he is logically far better.

There’s also the fact Iaian is only said to feel killing intent, something Mirio wouldn’t have in this fight
'Killing intent' is a way to say 'meaning to cause harm or injury' which Mirio definitely wants to do here.

He hasn’t seen anybody with phasing powers before, even people who’ve seen Mirio’s quirk in action like Overhaul are caught off guard by his precise control over Permeation. And how can Iaian block Mirio’s fist if it’s going through his block then solidifying partway? He has his senses but not the unpredictability

Missed your comment.

Note: Iaian has no speed amplification of any kind on his profile so that reasoning isn't acceptable. Also, Iaido isn't a blitz it's meant to be a quick strike that can't be reacted due to how sudden it is. That's different from a blitz, the technique is meant to take your opponent off guard.

Obviously in fiction it can be a speed amp, but if Iaian has it you should make a CRT to give him speed amp on his profile based on his feats.

Mirio himself is also excellent at predicting his opponents and doesn't even need to dodge to avoid a strike. Just by seeing it coming he can avoid getting hit with his Quirk. He's able to avoided attacks from someone who could one shot him, even without his ability to turn intangible.

Chisaki's attacks usually look like this. Mirio fought against that for five minutes without dying, even got close enough to land hits on him. Since Chisaki's shown to be more injured after he already lost his Quirk. And Chisaki can kill with a single touch or attack.

Your vote is counted though, since that's just a matter of opinion on my part. (Not the speed amp part, you do need a CRT for that)

MintyBoi1, are you voting for Mirio or not?

Back