• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Mirio Togata

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I meant Ruby not knowing to enter CQC with Mirio. She won't know not too, a better argument for her would be that she can use her Semblance to avoid him but as I stated previously Mirio can still counter this by actually telaportion near her. Furthermore, Ruby doesn't have unlimited ammo here, she'll eventually run out while Mirio avoids them with his Quirk. And if this turns into a battle of attrition Mirio will take it. He also has a insane pain tolerance advantage over Ruby as he shrugged off being impaled by spikes and got shot multiple times before going down.

@Knight Mirio's teleportation isnt actual teleportation, its just using his intangibiity to move through the environment quickly. He's not catching Ruby's semblance due to speed equalization.

It is always assumed in threads that the combatants have infinite ammo.

WeeklyBattles said:
It also doesnt help Mirio's case that in character he would rather incap the opponent rather than kill them, which is gong to be difficult against a stronger opponent even with his intangibility

Also her Semblance Pre-Timeskip is High 8-C

The same could be said for Ruby, she doesn't kill in character. Mirio isn't a Grimm that she's gonna kill like nothing. And really? No, his Quirk isn't getting bypassed over her slight AP advantage. You act like she's MUCH stronger than him.

@Knight Her semblance took out Pyrrha and the other members of team JNPR simultaneously so yes, her semblance would be much stronger than him.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
No I meant Ruby not knowing to enter CQC with Mirio. She won't know not too, a better argument for her would be that she can use her Semblance to avoid him but as I stated previously Mirio can still counter this by actually telaportion near her. Furthermore, Ruby doesn't have unlimited ammo here, she'll eventually run out while Mirio avoids them with his Quirk. And if this turns into a battle of attrition Mirio will take it. He also has a insane pain tolerance advantage over Ruby as he shrugged off being impaled by spikes and got shot multiple times before going down.
I think for all characters, we usually assume that they have unlimited ammo kind of like how we assume they have unlimited time limit with transformations. For example, Gear Fourth Luffy and Super Sayain Three Goku wont just 'stop' after their time limits are up. Like, if we just ran on the argument that 'ruby runs out of ammo, ggez' then fine, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Ruby seemed to have plenty of ammo during the seige of Grimm at Beacon at the end of Volume 3.

Pain Tolerance might go to him. CQC for him is better,but she can also flashfreeze him if the Grimm Eclipse and dust thing is legit.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Knight Mirio's teleportation isnt actual teleportation, its just using his intangibiity to move through the environment quickly. He's not catching Ruby's semblance due to speed equalization.

It is always assumed in threads that the combatants have infinite ammo.

Again he can. It'll enhance his actual speed which works in speed equailzed threads now. Unless you want me to start arguing that her Semblance won't work for the same reason.

Uhh when? Imma need some proof of this Weekly.

@Knight His profile doesnt state that its a speed amp. If you think it should be listed as such them make a CRT.

The same could be said for Ruby, she doesn't kill in character. Mirio isn't a Grimm that she's gonna kill like nothing. And really? No, his Quirk isn't getting bypassed over her slight AP advantage.
SBA dude.

Willing to kill.

Sure, she might not kill him, but she can just as easily freeze him.

And well, he does have to turn solid to punch at Ruby, so theres a start.

You have to remember that.

Now granted, he can keep parts of his body intangible and not solidify his entire body, but the fact is he is not infallible.

It's literally him going from point A to point B faster than usual. And the same goes for you Weekly, she isn't high 8-C with her Semabalce, get that passed and we'll talk.

@Sins.

Sorry but that sounds like a false Equivalence to me. That's like me saying Vash The Stampede can shoot an infinite amount of of Black Hole Bullets despite him having a gun that only carries about 10. I want actual proof of this being a thing otherwise I'm assuming she still has a limit.

Plenty and infinite are two different things. Point is she'll run out at some point.

No, Pain tolerance certainly goes to him. Have fun flash freezing him whenever he goes fully intangible. And even then she isn't Kuzan, she can't ignore durability with her ice.

Also Sins

No he doesn't need to go solid to hit her. The entire Kai Chisaki fight begs to differ with your argument.

Sba doesn't mean shit for Ruby, I could just as easily say the same for Mirio. Both of them are willing to kill but that doesn't mean they'll actually do it.

@Sins.

Sorry but that sounds like a false Equivalence to me. That's like me saying Vash The Stampede can shoot an infinite amount of of Black Hole Bullets despite him having a gun that only carries about 10. I want actual proof of this being a thing otherwise I'm assuming she still has a limit.

Plenty and infinite are two different things. Point is she'll run out at some point.

No, Pain tolerance certainly goes to him. Have fun flash freezing him whenever he goes fully intangible. And even then she isn't Kuzan, she can't ignore durability with her ice.
The first one is a little iffy tbh. Sure, but even if she had plenty of ammo, she can still freeze him or when he turns solid, punch with a little, but still higher ap advantage. Amd that aint a false equivalence my dude, if anything I might concede it sounds like an NLF to give her unlimited ammo. But to be fair, so is assuming he will turn intangible at every.single.chance.he gets.

Proof on the last one? I said it might, I assume so, but I dont see a source.

Also, fine, but he cant attack until he turns solid.

And fine, but he cant attack him until he solidifies

GG Inconclusive.

I can be swayed tho and we do need to solve that unlimited ammo thing.

If so, characters that require say ammo, tech or gadgets will be severely downplayed.

Also Sins
No he doesn't need to go solid to hit her. The entire Kai Chisaki fight begs to differ with your argument.
I would like some sources on this as well tbh to change my mind.

Also, too add to this, I am reading his profile, it says in his attacks + techniques section he has to deactive his quirk to attack.

Now I could be missing something, can I have some sources? Dont remember that fight that well.

Screenshot 2017-12-21-04-46-09

@Sins Literally Mirio punching Kai with an intangible punch. I'm assuming you don't read MHA?

Its not assuming he'll turn intangible every time, he only does it when he's in danger. It's why Kai wasn't able to actually kill him with OverHaul, he kept phasing past his attacks which he'll do here as well. It's not an NLF in the slightest. Again it's a false Equivalence, my example I gave was pretty good proof of it being so.

No he can attack whenever he's intangible. You very clearly haven't read MHA have you? Please don't try to add a fake weakness to him based on you have no knowledge on the verse.

Gargoyle One said:
Great, people acting like assholes to eachother already
Can we all calm down?
what are you talking about?? No one is acting like assholes in this thread.

No, I read it dude, I just havent read up to chapter 150 (Because I skimmed through it admitedly and I got to 120 or so on my reread just now met)

I said my argument was also more of an NLF assuming they had unlimited bullets.

False equivalence? Yeah, I dont see. I see an NLF for mine an yours, but I have made an equivalence claim here. Please show me what you mean.

And he turned solid at the end to hit him is my point, only half his arm went intangible and the other half is solid to hit him. My point, which to be fair is probably badly stated is that he has to turn solid as soon as the hit lands.

I stand my vote, research says if you cant convince people after like..5 replies, you aint going through lol.

Inconclusive, stated it twice above.

Theglassman12 said:
what are you talking about?? No one is acting like assholes in this thread.
Think he meant me vs knight

Which to be fair, we get heated, but we tight.

I like him far more then I like Cin. ; )

At least he debates seriously.

I will ask him one question and this will decide my final vote.

If this was V5, would it be more fair @Knight

Let's not get into that but One Piece top tiers are getting upgraded to Relativistic soon so yeah Kuzan still solos

@Sins

1: Skimming through a Manga is never a good idea. Dead it all u heretic.

2: Which is wrong. Again I'll need proof of this being legit.

3: It's not an NFL but sure. This isn't mean saying Mirio is phasing everything.

4: You should articulate your point better. That doesn't stop the fact that he doesn't need to become solid to attack, also if he wants he could pull a flash and just **** her up from the inside but since that's somewhat ooc for him I won't get into that.

5: Bullshit. I'll PayPal you 10$ right now and we both know that would change your mind. :^)

@TheFinalOrder Your reasons were not good.

1. I can at least write 'read' properly

2. I....am lost here? I wrote six sentences lol.

5. Ninjaed, beat you to it for free you ****.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Kink The God Brothers

Oh you think so?
The God Brothers are High 6A.

That's literally it for what they have.

They have no feats, no showings of Hax.

They have High 6A AP and Dura and that's it.

@Knight now hold your horses RIGHT THERE MISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have you know that it's scientifically impossible for females to obtain the same word as something that their opposite gender would recieve due to their genetic DNA. You need more homework mister.

Listen. Don't talk to me like I'm some kinda ******' chump. Alright? Because I'm not.

I'm a businessman. I'm a family man. Man of the people. Man of the church. Man of the country. I'm a patriot. A veteran. A man of god. A missionary. A postman. I work at jamba juice, okay? My dog is spayed. I got letters ready for me at the notary republic. I know a cobbler. I make my own quilts. Love eggs. Shop locally. I support local causes. I take a cruise ship every 3 months. I wear reading glasses. My daughter has braces. My eyebrows are shaved And my friends are all geese. I live in a house. I have a head. My clothes are all combustible. My medicine is over the counter except for one prescription. I have a shirt that reads "If you don't like me, I'll kick your kid in the ribs." I am inside of the matrix. I live in a home with no windows. I have lasers inside my brain I have a shark in my bathroom. My dog sleeps in my bed with me. I have mouse under the rug. My friends are all dead. I went to india once. I like bowling.

So don't talk to me like I'm some kinda ******' chump, alright? Because I'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back