• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP • A Country Divided Thread

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter

Act 1: An Unknown Threat​

Our heroes group up just outside a small village that will be under attack soon in Central Olatia by unknown forces, with only an hour to prepare they begin their quest now...

Terevion looks around, his brown leather armor clean with a pistol in a scabbard on his right side, with his equally brown hair and eyes glowering at his allies before speaking to a guardsman at the entrance to the village

"How long do we have until the unknown attack starts?" Terevion asked seriously

"A- An hour!" the Guardsman replied nervously

Palaria walked up with her long, purple hair shining with the sunlight under her near-sparkled light-blue wizard's hat and a runed robe that reached to the ground

"That's not very much time to prepare..." Palaria murmured

"We will have to make due." Terevion replied, ignoring the guards nervousness

"An hour should be plenty enough" said LeWay while holding his sword in his left hand
"Let those beasts come their heads will be mine to claim" exclaimed LeWay in a loud voice leaving the gurads shaken
LeWay went out to scout the surroundings

"I am not sure about this we would need days to prepare for a decently made army we knew about more than just existing." I say. "I can create maybe 5 wolf pits and a fake army."

LeWay returns and hears Robin
"Then please do so we don't have time to waste I may have overestimated the city's power while the inner sectors will definitely be fine during the invasion due to the king and his knights the outer and poor sectors will still suffer we must win even if it means to resort to trickery and foul play"

"Queen Kintoria and her knights are spread thin, it is unlikely we will be assisted here outside of the townspeople." Terevion looks at LeWay and replied

LeWay spoke in a low voice
"that just makes the matter worse
Than a sudden change of tone happened and a loud lecture came out of his mouth
"Everyone we need to assemble all soldiers here right now and send a few to scout the locations near by to keep watch and we might need more help so any capable man or woman citizen will need to take arm"
Leway looked towards Robin and said
"Start preparing those traps prepare as much as you can"

"we will station the civilian who decided to fight with us in the inner area while the actual soldiers will fight on the outside and we will need skilled archers on the walls"

"Guardsman!" Terevion turned and called out

"Did you get that?"

"Y-Yes! I'll tell everyone to begin preparing to the plan immediately!" The Guardsman ran inside the village and did as instructed

After passage of an small amount of time an scout sent towards the norther sector return
While breathing heavily he says
"They are coming they are coming"

"Given I don't know where to safely put the wolf pits that is a bad idea. I can do a couple things but none of my illusions will hold their belief for long." I say.

"so trickery won't hold for long then do your best and leave the rest to us our blade will hopefully carve open a path"

Palaria rushed out into the field

"Where are you going?" Terevion called to Palaria

"More scouting, I want to make sure we aren't flanked!" Palaria called back and disappeared from sight over the nearby hill and toward a rocky outclove

A grey wolf with shining blue runes and eyes stalked around and disappeared before Palaria could see him...

Terevion pulled out a sniper rifle and loaded some fire shots into it before using a grappling hook to climb the stone wall and keep a lookout with the scope

Meanwhile Terevionis busy doing his scouting LeWay asks for Rp_dude's where abouts
Goliath was standing a good distance in front of the town, near the central entrance. he was motionless. unblinking. Staring at the horizon like a hawk, his arms crossed, but ready to spring into action at any moment.

"I can guard this part of the town," he said, matter of factly. "I'll let you know if anyone appears"

"I can, infact I normally don't go anywhere without you guys or an illusionary form." I say creating 10 arrows to fire with telekinesis just incase while waiting.

Goliath was standing a good distance in front of the town, near the central entrance. he was motionless. unblinking. Staring at the horizon like a hawk, his arms crossed, but ready to spring into action at any moment.

"I can guard this part of the town," he said, matter of factly. "I'll let you know if anyone appears"
"Your body sturdiest among us I have faith even if you were to take an entire wave head on alone you will come out unscratched"

The Wolf struck out at Palaria, who barely dodged the attack

"Who are you!?" Palaria quickly asked

"I am Keharo."

Palaria quickly recovered from her shock "If your orders are to kill me then maybe you should think your yourself..."

"For... myself?" Keharo blinked as an energy beam shot at Palaria from directly behind him

"A curse makes it so I cannot disobey a direct order or my memory would be wiped... I am not allowed a choice so I am sorry. You must die." Keharo said, his tone of voice lowered

Palaria blinked as Keharo blaster at her with blue energy surrounding him, ""I think I can help him, I just need to incapacitate him first however"" palaria thought quickly before raising the hand that didn't have her staff in it and firing some rocks out of thin air at Keharo, who was damaged but flipped into the air firing at least 30 ice shots in the process at Palaria who dodged some but took one to the shoulder, staggering her a bit

Palaria teleported above Keharo and shot a beam that encompassed Keharo, who grunted in pain

Keharo retaliated with 5 beams of energy that hit palaria hard, but a shot of electricity managed to knock Keharo out early due to the electrical Currents in his brain (AKA he would've took far more punishment had Palaria not shocked him)

""Not an opportune time to do this but we could use another ally"" palaria thought as she landed beside keharo and a massive magical circle surrounded both of them, with palaria making silent chants and slowly removing the curse

Terevion sniped a dark being that was creeping up on the outclove, ahead of everything else, it burst into flames and turned into nothing

"They're coming." Terevion called out as everyone got into their positions aside from Palaria (note when I say things like Everyone I mean those under me/NPCs)

The attack was about to begin the enemy was almost at our doorstep the tension was rising.
Civilians in the inner and Soldier in the outer sector both were nervous and scared for they did not know what fate may await them
But in all of the madness few remain calm and collected one of those few LeWay Frith with a smile on his face stood in front line to lead the charge against the enemies
With a smile on his face he said to his men
"The time is nigh do not think do not worry do not care what are you afraid of what lies ahead of you is not death it's a battle for your survival so fight leave all your care behind and be prepared to fight show me your inner beast on this battlefield fight for the sake of those you care about fight for yourself and most important of all be prepared to fight for your dream"

Palaria teleported herself and Keharo to a safe place before teleporting to just behind the front lines as a line of vaguely humanoid shadowy Beasts came over the hill being picked off by terevion's guns and Archers palaria fired Elemental attacks of all varieties, hitting the Beasts and killing them in various ways

Terevion looked through his sniper rifle scope and saw 4 other waves of Beasts, each more dangerous then the last, with the last wave being completely unaffected by his sniping

"We should probably run at the last wave, I can't deal damage to them!" Terevion called out

I start firing arrows and thanks to the fact I am shooting several arrows at a time I quickly down groups of monsters and stall with illusions of people and even make some monsters look like their enemies to cause inner fighting.

The temperature would begin to increase slightly, with hot winds rushing toward their foes and piercing them. A tall greenish man clad with hammer and sword darted forward, slamming his hammer into the ground, creating a shockwave to disorient the foes before going in further for combat.

"Well, this seems fun," The hammer-wielding man said with a smirk. Generating magma with his hammer, he creates balls of magma before leaping into the air and using his hammer to send the massive magma balls hurdling toward his enemies. Landing, he utilized his sword, darting past several of the weaker enemies with a single strike, letting the air slashes from the blade damage them further.

Meanwhile from a distance, a woman with blonde hair would soar over the battle field, hurling lightning toward her adversaries. However, she also looked as if she was calculating something, or finding some sort of solution to a problem.

Everyone's assault was hyper-effective on the first army, they fell by the hundreds as the next wave pushed forward, more beast then humanoid now, with the third wave directly behind them, both falling with more difficulty then the last

Continuing the assault with the same level of ferocity, the greenish man continued to create flames and magma to incinerate his foes. Eventually, to deal higher levels of damage, the man swung his hammer in one direction, and his blade in the other simultaneously, creating flaming slashes to cut and burn his foes.

Meanwhile, the woman would use her telekinetic abilities, slamming the some of the forces together before subjecting them to elements such as ice or lightning to further damage or incapacitate some of the hordes of enemies.

Robin stops using illusions offensive and started using his telekinesis to throw monsters before jumping down behind and creating hundreds of arrows along with the illusion of a group of soldiers. Robin runs to the nearest doorway in the illusion and start using telekinesis with the arrows to cut any monster that comes close to the illusion.[effective I became a large buzzsaw that looks like group of soldiers that avoids hurting teammates]

((sorry I had to leave and do something))

Goliath barreled towards the nearby army. imbuing his body with the element of flame. he lets loose a barrage of burning fists at the enemies near himself, using his strength combined with the heat of the fire to mow down anyone within reach.

LeWay takes his blade and with a single swing three of the beast heads fall. The movement makes it impossible for the beasts to reach him it's as if he knows their next moves.

Keharo woke up, sensing that the curse was gone and that he was free, though he silently rushed to the front lines to see the attack

Terevion dropped down from the wall firing his pistol, hitting the large Beasts of the fourth wave accurately before one dashed through the lines directly at Palaria who was focused on providing support with her magic and once she spotted the beast dashing at her it was nearly too late as Terevion restricted its jaws with a foot thick length of steel, though it didn't slow down before Keharo barreled into it at full force as the steel choked it to death before jumping to Palaria's side to provide support for her as the fifth wave slowly approached

[I mean on the lines if has anyone encountered any that counters their strategy I mean that is important if someone for example got past my arrows it would reveal the illusion completely and force me into head to head combat.]

"So there's more?" The greenish man replied, lifting his hammer while watching the fifth wave approach, "Oh well, it's not like I had very many plans, anyways..."

The woman landed a few meters away from the greenish man, preparing for the incoming wave as well.

"What visits the sick and wounded, but they hate its presence, witnessed without a body, and always shows up early?" She said.

"A riddle?" The greenish man said, turning back toward the woman before facing the wave again, "Humans are weird..."

Back