• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Round 1 of the 2-A bracket!!! Rand al Thor vs Thanos!!!

Fair warning, I am extremely biased, since WoT is my fav series, but:

They seem to be about equal on reality warping, but I believe Rand edges it due to "higher" conceptual manipulation (could have killed the Dark One relatively easily after realising his true nature) and his Tav'eren probability manipulation. So I would go Rand high-diff.

His taveren probability manip with all the exapmles we shown have been debunked to not scratch thanos.

Unless you have different showings which aren't just him making thanos scared which won't work

No you're right, on that 2A scale the Tav'eren effects are probably irrelevant. My stance still stands though, assuming Rand "understands" Thanos' "essence" well enough (higher conceptual manipulation is what I'm trying to say again). I still go high-diff Rand therefore.

The Ta'varen Nature most likely won't effect somebody as powerful as Thanos, as, from my memory, it never effected anyone of such levels.

Same with Balefire, becuase I am pretty sure his EE comes from Balefire, which has effected, at the highest, the Forsaken, and he defeated and sealed the Dark One with Calandor.

Though his Reality Warping is at a very high level, likely superior. Becuase can't the IG only effect the Universe it originated in? Thus is far more limited than Rand, who could effect a Multiverse including Parralel Worlds, Mirror Worlds, and Tel'aran'rhoid which acts as a type of Large Deminsional Space. It may give him an advantage.

In terms of Attack Potency, Thanos seems to have the advantage by a large factor.

So I guess I would lean towards Thanos, unless Rand uses his Reality Warping and Reality Destruction in order to simply erase Thanos, bypassing durability.

So I'd definitely go for Rand (although I'm biased since I love WoT). His Ta'veren powers actually do a lot more than causing fear. Even before he became an abstract, these powers allowed him to halt the effects of Shai'Tan (the BBEG he becomes an abstract to defeat) in his immediate surroundings. It's suggested that he used this probability manipulation to BECOME an abstract. Somebody earlier mentioned that he used Callandor to do so, but it was only used to seal the physical Bore, his battle with Shai'Tan was entirely without it. Literally creating and destroying mock universes in a thought.

I don't know much about Thanos, but as an abstract, Rand acts similarly to the Luminous Being from the Dungeons and Dragons verse, and can technically remove or create anything he wants, bypassing durability.

We've already exchanged Infinity Gauntlet Thanos with Cosmic Cube Thanos.

Arguments now must be made anew for Thanos.

Back