• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Nah from what I've seen it's Information Analysis. See Kengan Ashura and Grappler Baki for reference.

Although I can settle for Limited Information Analysis and Limited Power Mimicry instead since I get the criticism.

Quickly learning an advanced skill isn't as powerful an ability as outright power mimicry.

Quickly learning an advanced skill isn't as powerful an ability as outright power mimicry.

Yes it is, if the page itself is anything to go buy.

Power Mimicry is the ability to copy the powers and abilities of others through various mechanisms. The methods by which these are copied and any limitations - such as being restricted to only a certain kind of powers - vary depending on the character, but they generally need to see the power in action before they are able to copy it. Some characters can even apply this ability to martial and physical techniques, copying the fighting styles of others.

Baki and Kengan characters also have this, along with dozens of other marital artist pages and swordsmen pages such as Musashi from Fate, etc.

Limited Power / Technique Mimicry is legitimate.

@Tllmbrg; have you got an example?
Power Mimicry (Mimicked Okubo's MMA skills during his fight against Gaolang)

That's another case where I don't think Power Mimicry is the right term.

Would "Limited Technique Mimicry" be better then, and should we split the power mimicry page to accommodate that?

Would "Limited Technique Mimicry" be better then, and should we split the power mimicry page to accommodate that?
I think that's honestly a really good idea. Splitting the page like how we do with other pages (I.E sub categories, such as Absorption. There's power, pshycial and soul iirc, which is a good way to spilt Mimicry.)

But I'd say for now, limited Power or Technique Mimicry would be best till we separate the page.

I don't think separation is a good option, mainly because as we see people label power mimicry under this so we'd need to go through the whole category for users of it and change the link accordingly, and like iirc smaller projects have been rejected for being too much work
I think if anything types in PM would be a better alternative because you're mimicking their "power", its just that this's limited to certain types of abilities
A lot of physical techniques can grant various powers like pain manipulation, attack reflection and so on which is why I think it should fall under PM, and not just be a separate page
Heck what would we even the sub power page as?
Technique Copying?

I don't think Ant wanted a separate page but rather for the page to be spilt into two categories. One for Power / ability copying and the other for technique copying, i for one think it's a good idea but you also bring up some valid points as well.

Based on precedent, copying sword or martial arts techniques = Power Mimicry. Though it is probably a good idea to add something like "then this would be Technique Mimicry" when talking about physical techniques in the Power Mimicry page to establish the term as a sub-type, or to create a Technique Mimicry page.

The Monet feat is solid Fear Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement feat.
This is how I'd describe it: Aura (Can project a large amount of intimidating killing intent as aura shaped as beasts, which caused paralysis to Monet in a way that can be confused with Conqueror's Haki)

I don't think Ant wanted a separate page but rather for the page to be spilt into two categories. One for Power / ability copying and the other for technique copying, i for one think it's a good idea but you also bring up some valid points as well.
If they are separated into roughly equal categories, then the page probably warrants a rename. Otherwise, technique copying should be a sub ability.

Also to add onto his Information Analysis, in east Blue Zoro was capable of analyzing a sword and was able to tell it was cursed without anyone telling him. Currently the profile notes this under Enhanced Senses, which is demonstrably false since enhanced senses wouldn't allow you to tell if something is cursed or not.

Since we're adding power mimicry for Zoro we should also include his greater fire manipulation (being able to cut through fire like Kin'emon and covering his blades in fire)

If Enhanced Senses can let you see auras, ghosts, invisible people and inner beauty - I don't see why it wouldn't let you see something being cursed.
But none of those are an Abstract concept such as a curse. It's a curse, something that can't be "sensed." in a pshycial sense. Zoro didn't use his vision, he picked the sword up and from there he could tell it was cursed without having prior knowledge about it. I.E can't be equated to sensing auras, ghosts, or anything of the sort.

The feat doesn't really fit the bill for enhanced senses.

Since we're adding power mimicry for Zoro we should also include his greater fire manipulation (being able to cut through fire like Kin'emon and covering his blades in fire)
I think this can be simplified as Power Mimicry (Copied Kin'emon's Fire-Fox style.) enhanced Fire manipulation (Copied Kin'emon's Fire-Fox Style, allowing him to generate flames and slash fire itself apart. Can now utilize Dragon-Blaze without any limitations.)

Does he only coat fire and cut fire with his swords or can he do other stuff with it?
He can generate fire by himself, and can interact with it physically. Previously Zoro had limited Fire Manipulation since Dragon-Blaze was his only technique that utilized Fire, hence the limited part. Now he no longer has that limitation due to Fire-Fox style.

Zoro should probably have some form of regeneration on his profile considering he's usually healed not too long after an arc is finished despite suffering lethal wounds, most commonly extreme bloodloss without the need for a blood transfusion like Luffy and Sanji.

From Databook Red we learn Zoro lost 5 liters of blood from the Mihawk fight to the Hatchan/Arlong battles; these fights gave him injuries that supposedly he wouldn't heal from in over 2 years, yet he did in far less time.

It's a curse, something that can't be "sensed."

Sorry, I don't buy that at all. Where is it ever stated in One Piece that curses can't be sensed?

I think that's speaks more magnitudes of Zoro's already monstrous stamina and endurance and Chopper's capability of a doctor. We don't see Zoro ever regenerate on panel, so I don't really agree with that, imo this is more along the lines of "I can heal faster than normal humans can."

Sorry, I don't buy that at all. Where is it ever stated in One Piece that curses can't be sensed?
It's a curse, One Piece makes no differentially between fictional curses and non fictional curses. Nobody in the enitre series has ever sensed a curse before, even with the existence of Kenbunshoku Haki.

Also, it's not up to me to prove a positive. It's up to you to prove that people in One Piece can indeed sense cures, which would give everyone and their mothers crazy good Enhanced senses. And that's ignoring what a curse even is to begin with.

It's a curse, One Piece makes no differentially between fictional curses and non fictional curses.

From a certain perspective, aren't all curses fictional?

Also, inner beauty seems rather abstract to me.

Inner beauty is abstract, so I think that is a bit weird. But, either way Damage would have to prove that they can sense curses.

I mean either way I don't think most fictional works treat curses like a physical thing you can sense, since it's something you put on someone and it just stays there as a condition they have and not really as a physical presence

From a certain perspective, yes but all are still non pshycial in nature, so there's nothing really to see or sense. A ghost, aura and such all still exist psychically, whereas a curse isn't.

I don't really see this as a feat for Enhanced Senses, as it isn't Zoro simply sensing something like a ghost or an aura but rather he could tell that the sword itself was cursed. And given Zoro's vast expertise with swords, I'd say it's more of the fact of him analyzing it.

He can generate fire by himself, and can interact with it physically. Previously Zoro had limited Fire Manipulation since Dragon-Blaze was his only technique that utilized Fire, hence the limited part. Now he no longer has that limitation due to Fire-Fox style.
Another addition Zoro needs is Supernatural Willpower, it's technically already on his profile but it isn't linked since the page was made not too long ago. Pretty straightforward addition
This seems fine to me then.

I'm also gonna list the changes to Zoro here.

* Information Analysis

* Fire Manipulation

* Power Mimicry

* Fear Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement

* Supernatural Willpower

* Aura
Just a note that it should be limited power mimicry.

Back