• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Randomlamdom said:
Im pretty sure rolands magis resist makes this a stomp
According to his profile, he doesn't resist soul-hax. That and Sans could one-shot him via Roland having Wall level durability to Sans Small building level AP. This match is far from a stomp.

That being said, Roland could still harm Sans with his revolvers and could possibly outlast him. I'm not really sure who would win right now so I'll wait for more input on both characters.

Technically, Roland resists all of Walter's magic, which includes minor Soul Manipulation. Although I think Sans's is greater than Walter's.

From what I see, this match is pretty close. Roland could outrange Sans with his revolvers but I can still see Sans making use of his Danmaku to overwhelm him with intangible attacks that bypass durability. Roland also appears to have far greater combat experience and stamina so Sans isn't winning this by outlasting any time soon.

All in all, I'm gonna go with Sans. Since all of his attacks not only ignore durability and can seriously injure Roland with any contact, All he would need to do is manage to get a few hits in which won't be a problem for his Danmaku and tendency to shower his opponent with attacks that they'd have a hard time dodging.

Sans takes this 6.5/10.

I'm aware of that but Sans is still durable enough to survive the first onslaught of bullets from Roland. He could still use his bone attacks and Gaster Blasters to eventually hit Roland just once. While I'm not sure if the gap in San's AP and Roland's durability is enough to one-shot, it would definitely slow him down enough for Sans to finish him off.

I don't think Sans would survive the first volley.

Roland's revolvers = .17 tons of TNT

Sans Durability = Above .015

So in other words, Roland shoots gg

EDIT: Actually, that difference makes this an AP Stomp

Hold up, why would Roland get to attack first? Sans' strategy is also to attack first, so much that he pulls it off on someone who attacks first on the rest of the game. Roland does outrange him but that doesn't matter since he can teleport closer. Therefore it turns into a game of both trying to oneshot the other, Roland is far more accurate but I don't see him dodging that much danmaku.

Right, that. Still, I don't see a reason Sans couldn't teleport out of the way.

Oh, I agree with that, yes. Still, I think Sans is likely to get a hit in before Roland, and that's a vote for him from ,e.

He has show the ability to dodge 1 attack that occurs at regular intervals.

He has not shown the ability to dodge 12 consecutive attacks with no breaks between them.

That's a very fair point, twelve is twelve times one. Does Roland lead with that, against someone that doesn't look very intimidating?

Roland is willing to kill via SBA and knows he's in a fight, which means he will start with his guns. And I believe Sans not looking intimidating wouldn't do anything, as Roland has shot kids that had nothing but wooden planks as weapons.

Roland always leads with his guns?

That's his entire thing. Unless you are an actual human child he will lead with a rain of bullets.

Even then he's not exactly a moral paragon.

And Sans looks like a Skeleton. Aka a monster. So in other words, he will start with that.

When I said with that I meant unloading his whole magazines, not using his gun. Wait, if he fires them all together, wouldn't that be as easy to dodge as one?

Armorchompy said:
When I said with that I meant unloading his whole magazines, not using his gun. Wait, if he fires them all together, wouldn't that be as easy to dodge as one?
Roland doesn't empty his guns in a single, predictable line of fire.

I don't mean to be rude, but go and try to dodge twelve bullets.

Fired at once.

A fair amount of which being placed in areas you would logically dodge to.

Well, Sans doesn't really move until he has to. Considering the distance, and how rapidly he fires, there might be a chance he'd have fired them all by the time they get to him. Anyway, I'm grasping at straws, I'm going to change my vote to Roland.

Against my better judgement of debating on something I said I was done with...

Speed being unequalized means Roland blitzes horribly.

Just so that nobody starts arguing about how Roland blitzes someone in the same tier of combat speed as him...

Failed gunslingers such as the Big Coffin Hunters are capable of FTE combat feats.

Cuthbert drew and loaded a slingshot faster than one of these Big Coffin Hunters could perceive it.

Roland as a teenager could draw his gun so fast that Cuthbert couldn't properly follow it.

Steven Deschain drew his gun on a teenage Roland so fast that he couldn't perceive it.

Current-day Roland is stated to have long surpassed Steven.

Logically, Roland should be in a much higher tier of speed than he is currently, and the only reason he isn't is because the wiki doesn't scale characters blitzing each other in that manner. But without speed equalized, he should still be more than capable of shooting Sans in the head before he even realizes Roland has moved.

It's still sort of a stomp, honestly. Or if not, then Roland wins in an extremely decisive manner.

Sans isn't dodging Roland's shots unless he's extremely skilled at predicting ranged attacks. Flying sneetches which were specifically flying in erratic, evasive patterns to avoid his gunfire couldn't even get within a several dozen feet of him without him shooting them out of the sky, and in the unlikely event that Sans does avoid the first shot, Roland can easily ricochet his bullets off the ground or any nearby surfaces to tag him that way. Hell, he can ricochet his shots off his own airborne bullets, and can do so with such accuracy that a casual bullet timer who catches bullets easily was unable to predict the action in time.

If this is SBA, they're also starting off at Roland's max range, which is...pretty goddamn far. And even given all the obstructions found in Central Park, Roland's enhanced senses mean he would be far more likely to see Sans before the latter sees him.

Meanwhile Roland's guns one-shot Sans. Hard. And while Sans can one-shot as well, Roland can do so from hundreds of meters away before the latter even realizes he's been seen.

Back