• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roblox verses - To nuke, or not to nuke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahem, its just like surviving horror games on roblox, not special
Stop using vague wording. Read the thread before saying something like this, it just leads to stonewalling.
If I'm understanding this right, Bambu says that he's fine with the premise that he individual games on the site are treated as games. I think we should just delete a few pages/chars that we discussed (SNZ player, BM verse/chars) and call it a day. The idea of ROBLOX games being actual games by wiki standards is the same point we were at before the creation of the thread, so nothing really changes save for what was discussed.

TL;dr - Delete the agreed upon stuff (Super Nostalgia Zone player and perhaps BM verse/chars if outdated calcs/ratings are invalid). Nothing changes otherwise.

Bro-Kai is suggesting a Robloxian profile that contradicts these ideas and doesn't have a good premise (relies on the idea of "events/gear/stuff made by Roblox are official"; implying some overarching setting). For Bro-Kai's ideas to be implemented, it'd have to be assumed that there is a game and not a platform, which would not make sense in the context of the many other games that do not even both with the existence of these official events/content in the first place. To bring up one of the quotes that I forgot to reply to earlier:
Don't forget Dinosaur Simulator. It needs to be deleted as well.

Mr._Bambu:

Thank you for the explanation. Is there a Roblox verse page where we should add some guidelines, or is it warranted to make an addition to the editing rules page?

Roblox isn't a verse, if that wasn't clear from the entire discussion. We once had one, but as said before, it's just a game developing tool, making it have a verse page would be like as if we did a verse page for Scratch or Adobe Flash, in simple terms, and that's why it got removed long ago.

So it would be best to go as an editing rule.

Roblox isn't a verse, if that wasn't clear from the entire discussion. We once had one, but as said before, it's just a game developing tool, making it have a verse page would be like as if we did a verse page for Scratch or Adobe Flash, in simple terms, and that's why it got removed long ago.

So it would be best to go as an editing rule.
To add onto this, a Newgrounds verse page was deleted since it's literally a platform for hosting animations and the like. A Roblox verse page would be identical to it, so no.

So yes, editing rule would be nice, or just some rule in general saying "If it's its own, original setting then it should be allowed". If anyone really wants to, then they can mention an editing rule saying that ROBLOX games can be treated as their own verses on a case-by-case basis (author intent, does the game host original content, etc).

Thank you.

I think that you mean "No locations, places, characters, etcetera that are copyrighted/not original." though.

I would appreciate input from staff and experienced members.

Oh. I thought this was pretty much done.

I don't know if a rule must be made to say "these aren't all the same verse", but if it must be so...

"Game creation platforms (such as Dreams or Roblox) cannot be considered a singular canon and thus cannot be classified as a single verse. Rather, individual games created on the platform are to be considered their own entity, and cannot rely on other verses to verify their statistics."

would something like this be fine?

I think that it seems uncontroversial to apply.

Oh. I thought this was pretty much done.

I don't know if a rule must be made to say "these aren't all the same verse", but if it must be so...

"Game creation platforms (such as Dreams or Roblox) cannot be considered a singular canon and thus cannot be classified as a single verse. Rather, individual games created on the platform are to be considered their own entity, and cannot rely on other verses to verify their statistics."

would something like this be fine?
Add something a bit for younger users to understand that Games from Roblox should not have copyrighted/not original content what’s or ever

As in, adding it to the editing rules, or making a statement for younger users to understand? If the latter, I'm not certain we need to cater to younger folks, given FANDOM, at least, has an age limit of 13 IIRC. Outside of that it feels like a self-explanatory thing, a verse can't just steal content and be considered valid.

Done so then.

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

I believe that's pretty much it. in the future if specific verses need to be discussed, Zany should probably be contacted and an individual thread for said discussion should be made. I'll lock this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back