• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roblox verses - To nuke, or not to nuke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna ask that if Robloxian himself should have his own VSBW Page?

1. Roblox indeed has official events that has lore such as Wonder Women DC Event which was recent and the Egg Game Event and all of these events have items that are part of the Robloxian's Official Catalog

2. According to Ican't, the events are somewhat a setting and all of these events take place in the same universe likely a huge lore like Terraria

3. Robloxian has Official Catalog Gear and last I checked there were calculations of the Catalog Gear

Yeah, I don't know much about Roblox as a platform, I'm just going to say that I agree with allowing Roblox games on here.

Also, the Roblox and Minecraft comparison is inherently false. Minecraft, on its own, has enough of a world to have its own verse page and profiles. Roblox does not. As for Garry's Mod, I'd say there's a difference between a pure sandbox that largely uses assets from other games and an actual legitimate game making tool, so that comparison doesn't stack up either.

That's all I can really add to this discussion.

1. Roblox indeed has official events that has lore such as Wonder Women DC Event which was recent and the Egg Game Event and all of these events have items that are part of the Robloxian's Official Catalog

2. According to Ican't, the events are somewhat a setting and all of these events take place in the same universe likely a huge lore like Terraria

3. Robloxian has Official Catalog Gear and last I checked there were calculations of the Catalog Gear
Uh? Answers???

Last edited:
@All staff members

What do you think that we should do here?

...No?

Okay, so you're now giving extremely conflicting information. First we are told that Roblox is purely and simply a game creation platform much like Unity or RPG Maker. Cool, fine, I have very baseline knowledge through my cousin and that adds up with what little I do know. However, the whole premise of us keeping these Roblox pages relies on the fact that Roblox itself is not a game, and thus would make said sub-games not equivalent to Mods. So which is it?

I don't agree with nuking BM for some outdated calcs tbf, I'd say more to suspend any vs thread regarding them until the calcs of the verse get fixed.

I find the reason to do so too harsh tbh, some outdated calcs aren't a reason, unless all the abilities are wrong too.

Somebody would has to re-do them accurately, and then they have to be evaluated.

Btw, what does BM stand for?

Okay. Thanks.

The verse page largely seems like a pointless list that does not link to almost any existing profile pages though.

No cause we need the answer if the Robloxian should have his own page and then it can be closed
Refer to my question above- someone here is telling a wee bit of a lie.

No cause we need the answer if the Robloxian should have his own page and then it can be closed
Yeah, no. There's no Robloxian character and a character that scales to the catalog/events because "they're official" doesn't make any sense. Infact, the arbitrary idea of official content is literally the old Robloxian page, which got deleted for it being a loreless sandbox entity. Events Roblox releases aren't made with some kind of continuity in mind unless it's something like egghunt where there's returning characters in the setting like Rabid Rabbit, but that would be its own setting altogether rather than some kind of overarching Roblox lore. You could have the guy that made Unity make some kind of story and that wouldn't have any bearing on the setting of Risk of Rain 2 (and it hasn't, if that is the case). You can analyze the individual mediums on the site without the idea of "ROBLOX has overarching lore" in mind and it turns out that they can be experienced as their own stories, since they are.

Which brings up another point: events definitely aren't related to one another unless there's very specific statements stating otherwise. Can't scale egghunt shtick to catalog gear because 'they're official' or whatever. Whether or not it's official (pertaining to Roblox, in this case) is a completely arbitrary factor when it shoves aside there being legitimate mediums that have continuity in mind.

Another point I want to bring up, since you want to talk about gear, is that people like Shedletsky and a bunch of other peeps express interesting in making all of the gear cosmetic. Gears aren't meant to have some kind of overarching lore of whatever, they're just meant for avatar customization. Games like Catalog Gear Place are based around fighting with the gears and have lore on the side to explain some of stuff within the verse, so those aren't affected since the gears in-verse have functions.

In other words:
1). Events on the website don't have any overarching lore that's supposed to affect everything else.

2). Gear is more or less avatar customization (though some games, like CGP, treat them like they're public domain and give them respective feats in their own verses).

Gear makes me want to bring up another topic. They're kinda like the public domain of Roblox to a degree, but the site hasn't given a damn about them for a long while. Games like Monster Islands implements gear but they don't just copy and paste the code and have their own functionalities altogether; they're basically just lil' microtransactions. CGP revamps gear by giving a ton of them functionality. Both of them use some parts but expand upon them either lore-wise or functionality-wise.

Last edited:
Zany and Bambu:

What do you think that we should do here?

If I'm understanding this right, Bambu says that he's fine with the premise that he individual games on the site are treated as games. I think we should just delete a few pages/chars that we discussed (SNZ player, BM verse/chars) and call it a day. The idea of ROBLOX games being actual games by wiki standards is the same point we were at before the creation of the thread, so nothing really changes save for what was discussed.

TL;dr - Delete the agreed upon stuff (Super Nostalgia Zone player and perhaps BM verse/chars if outdated calcs/ratings are invalid). Nothing changes otherwise.

Bro-Kai is suggesting a Robloxian profile that contradicts these ideas and doesn't have a good premise (relies on the idea of "events/gear/stuff made by Roblox are official"; implying some overarching setting). For Bro-Kai's ideas to be implemented, it'd have to be assumed that there is a game and not a platform, which would not make sense in the context of the many other games that do not even both with the existence of these official events/content in the first place. To bring up one of the quotes that I forgot to reply to earlier:

I'll address each of the points:

1. Yes, there are events with their own premises (e.g, explore Themyscira from DC and train alongside Wonder Woman, run through a parody of the Ready Player One plot, find eggs but there's lore [part 5]). Problem is that they're probably not connected and don't really have any impact on any overarching plot. RB battles, for instance, was literally just a bunch of people competing for a cash prize. Yes, some of them have catalog items, but that's about it.

2. You'd have to give a good explanation of this. Some events (recurring ones such as egghunt) make sense to be connected IF there is information to back it up. Even if they were, they wouldn't scale to gear for reasons I mentioned above.

3. Roblox has a catalog, yes, but their main use are cosmetics you can equip. Events just offer exclusive ones. Catalog gear calcs rely on their FUNCTIONALITY, which isn't even present in any of the events save for old ones that formerly allowed very specific gears like egghunt 2013 that are exclusive to that game. Games like CGP that have both the functionality of the gear and expand on gears in different ways (giving them descriptions and the like) would benefit from the calcs since they actually apply to what happens ingame. If you're referring to the very old gear calcs, then the exact same logic applies: none of the events make use of the gears and thus they are invalid.

If you want to mention accessories: catalog descriptions are all over the place and devs don't actually care what is said. There's evidence from a hat stating that the "official robloxian" is literally 2-Dimensional, but there are so many contradictions and there's no consensus on what the hell an official player character would be. None of the catalog-related things have an influence on the individual games (unless a gamdev wants to make a game where it's important, I guess).

At most, the event-related shtick is their own thing, similarly to how games on the platform are their own canons. You can analyze each of the events and come to your own conclusion, I suppose, but none of them reference any kind of "official Robloxian". Trying to paste together a bunch of vastly different things under being "official" isn't going to make any sense at all.

Last edited:
If I'm understanding this right, Bambu says that he's fine with the premise that he individual games on the site are treated as games. I think we should just delete a few pages/chars that we discussed (SNZ player, BM verse/chars) and call it a day. The idea of ROBLOX games being actual games by wiki standards is the same point we were at before the creation of the thread, so nothing really changes save for what was discussed.

TL;dr - Delete the agreed upon stuff (Super Nostalgia Zone player and perhaps BM verse/chars if outdated calcs/ratings are invalid). Nothing changes otherwise.

Bro-Kai is suggesting a Robloxian profile that contradicts these ideas and doesn't have a good premise (relies on the idea of "events/gear/stuff made by Roblox are official"; implying some overarching setting). For Bro-Kai's ideas to be implemented, it'd have to be assumed that there is a game and not a platform, which would not make sense in the context of the many other games that do not even both with the existence of these official events/content in the first place. To bring up one of the quotes that I forgot to reply to earlier:

I'll address each of the points:

1. Yes, there are events with their own premises (e.g, explore Themyscira from DC and train alongside Wonder Woman, run through a parody of the Ready Player One plot, find eggs but there's lore [part 5]). Problem is that they're probably not connected and don't really have any impact on any overarching plot. RB battles, for instance, was literally just a bunch of people competing for a cash prize. Yes, some of them have catalog items, but that's about it.

2. You'd have to give a good explanation of this. Some events (recurring ones such as egghunt) make sense to be connected IF there is information to back it up. Even if they were, they wouldn't scale to gear for reasons I mentioned above.

3. Roblox has a catalog, yes, but their main use are cosmetics you can equip. Events just offer exclusive ones. Catalog gear calcs rely on their FUNCTIONALITY, which isn't even present in any of the events save for old ones that formerly allowed very specific gears like egghunt 2013 that are exclusive to that game. Games like CGP that have both the functionality of the gear and expand on gears in different ways (giving them descriptions and the like) would benefit from the calcs since they actually apply to what happens ingame. If you're referring to the very old gear calcs, then the exact same logic applies: none of the events make use of the gears and thus they are invalid.

If you want to mention accessories: catalog descriptions are all over the place and devs don't actually care what is said. There's evidence from a hat stating that the "official robloxian" is literally 2-Dimensional, but there are so many contradictions and there's no consensus on what the hell an official player character would be. None of the catalog-related things have an influence on the individual games (unless a gamdev wants to make a game where it's important, I guess).

At most, the event-related shtick is their own thing, similarly to how games on the platform are their own canons. You can analyze each of the events and come to your own conclusion, I suppose, but none of them reference any kind of "official Robloxian". Trying to paste together a bunch of vastly different things under being "official" isn't going to make any sense at all.
NVM I agree with Zainy points

Cease the chatter about whose Roblox game is more popular. What Zany said above is generally correct regarding my opinion, in the future I think the simplest approach to this verse (collection of verses?) is to just contact Zany since he seems to be willing to take a step back and present an unbiased case for the verse.

Cease the chatter about whose Roblox game is more popular. What Zany said above is generally correct regarding my opinion, in the future I think the simplest approach to this verse (collection of verses?) is to just contact Zany since he seems to be willing to take a step back and present an unbiased case for the verse.
Collection of verses is more accurate but yeah call it whatever you want. I definitely don't know everything about games like Piggy but I can try to hop into a few games at some point if peeps need help with them.

So can somebody remind me about Zany's conclusions regarding what we should do here?

So can somebody remind me about Zany's conclusions regarding what we should do here?
Roblox as a whole isn't its own verse, its a platform for game (and therefore verse) creation. No cross-scaling between them. This also means default items introduced by Roblox (I assume as game assets) don't scale across said games, its just a model for an item that individual games give feats to. So, for example, two games could have the exact same name/model, but in one it performs an 8-B feat while in the other it caps at 9-B. No scaling between them based on similar name/model.

Verses from Roblox can essentially be judged as any other verse. Random verse x y or z could be deleted if it were deemed unfitting of our criteria (notoriety and such). He also says we should delete a few of these verses and their contents though I'm unfamiliar with the arguments in this department.

Again, no profile for core Roblox. Just posting this one at the end to remind people. It contradicts every single argument made above. Bad.

I can help
Mike, I need evidences
If you want evidence

Here

This proves that it’s lore is big like FNAF and others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back