Roblox verses - To nuke, or not to nuke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with this all the verses have lore at least with piggy and other games, while roblox itself is has no lore or anything although it has some with events i disagree with roblox verses being removed.

Reposting what I said

Cause there are Roblox Games having their own lore like are we gonna ignore the fact that Arcane Adventures has its own lore and own characters and just because its Roblox does not mean its should be deleted, for example, lets say that Nintendo made a game and the game was straight up copied from a Roblox Game, who is the ripoff now? Nintendo cause they copied the game from a Roblox creator

While you can argue games like Paper Robloxia, Survive the Killer and Kill Pennywise obby are fanmade ripoffs, that still just not jusifty the fact that there are games on Roblox that has original lore and original characters for example, Arcane Adventures

You have to look to deep lore on Roblox

As a boomer from Roblox, I can find example of games that should be on VSBW with own lore and own characters, and just because its Roblox does not mean anything because if its a game that has its own lore and characters, why should it be nuked? Because you don't like Roblox or just don't know anything about Roblox?

Roblox is not a mod it's a gaming platform with over 150 million downloads you could say roblox is like minecraft but the players make the story and it's bold to say that it's just "modded minecraft".

Zanybrainy2000

VS Battles
Retired
Based Roblox debater here, going to give my five cents on this whole thing.

ROBLOX is its own development platform like Unity or RPG Maker, but all of these platforms can harbor fangames/games with practically no lore whatsoever. Gotta thank you for making the thread though.

* Black Magic: Literally has its own lore (wiki edition if you're interested). I'd say the verse page/profiles should get nuked since their stats rely on outdated calcs. Similarly, scaling is off since it follows fighting game logic with the lore in question (Berserker literally has a shard of Aominoa's soul in its EnmaU, should be VASTLY stronger than the other characters). Otherwise, the verse , once it gets fixed up, is fine for the site.

* Super Nostalgia Zone: It's literally an emulator for the old Roblox. Could nuke it since it's pretty much Roblox inside of Roblox. Doesn't follow any lore.

"But we don't allow modded minecraft" In what way are these like modded minecraft? Modded Minecraft/Terraria literally relies on the base game for ratings. GMod could be discussed, but Sandbox isn't allowed since it's a lore less testing ground. We could argue RPG maker profiles getting nuked since they're literally game creation platforms. Same logic applies (Game mod(?), relies on X to be made).

Calamity, I believe, had plans to become its own lore setting at some point following DM Dokuro not being able to monetize his tracks iirc. If that becomes the case then Calamity would be able to get its own profiles. Similarly would apply in the case of if the Aether mod for Minecraft became its own setting rather than something that extends the lore of the base game (by making specific in-verse interactions to it and the like).

KieranH10

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Still. There's addons, creations, and mods for games that entirely follow their own story/canon and are essentially completely separate from the rest of the game. These are not allowed despite this.

Still. There's addons, creations, and mods for games that entirely follow their own story/canon and are essentially completely separate from the rest of the game. These are not allowed despite this.
Boi...........Games are created using Roblox Studio sort of like Scribblenauts Studio Editor

ZanyBrainy said it best, and they do actually seem to have a point here.

Here’s a compromise: We evaluate each individual roblox verse to see if it’s acceptable for the site. If it isn’t, it gets nuked. If it is, we can keep it. Does this sound good to everyone?

KieranH10

VS Battles
Calculation Group
I'm not saying it's a mod. I'm saying the creations on Roblox barely differ contextually to the likes of Mods from Minecraft, Gmod and more. Both can follow their own story, and both can have some hidden lore behind the scenes. Yet mods for Gmod, and Minecraft are not allowed. Why should Roblox be?

And I don't recall the Scribblenauts Studio Editor? Are you referring to the object editor in which you create your own objects, because a hero created from this in let's say Scribblenauts Unmasked would not be allowed to get a profile.

I'm saying the creations on Roblox barely differ contextually to the likes of Mods from Minecraft, Gmod and more. Both can follow their own story, and both can have some hidden lore behind the scenes. Yet mods for Gmod, and Minecraft are not allowed. Why should Roblox be?
For Roblox it's games, for G-Mod and Minecraft it's mods
And I don't recall the Scribblenauts Studio Editor? Are you referring to the object editor in which you create your own objects, because a hero created from this in let's say Scribblenauts Unmasked would not be allowed to get a profile.
I think that was a bad example

Zanybrainy2000

VS Battles
Retired
That could be discussed with the staff. The Gmod player in sandbox isn't allowed. The "roblox verse" (before VSBW considered the games individual canons due to their nature was literally the same thing as Gmod sandbox but wayyy messier since there is no interconnecting lore. We could discuss the possibility of Gmod gamemodes if they have a valid setting and whatnot.

ZanyBrainy said it best, and they do actually seem to have a point here.

Here’s a compromise: We evaluate each individual roblox verse to see if it’s acceptable for the site. If it isn’t, it gets nuked. If it is, we can keep it. Does this sound good to everyone?
I could help with that too. Sniff out loreless stuff like this.
I'm not saying it's a mod. I'm saying the creations on Roblox barely differ contextually to the likes of Mods from Minecraft, Gmod and more. Both can follow their own story, and both can have some hidden lore behind the scenes. Yet mods for Gmod, and Minecraft are not allowed. Why should Roblox be?

Barring the GMod stuff we could discuss later: Scribblenaut's Object Editor is vastly different from something like ROBLOX studio. One's a character's abilities and another is just for creating games.

KieranH10

VS Battles
Calculation Group
@Icantthinkof1goodname The relationship between Roblox and Roblox games is exactly the same as that with Gmod/Minecraft and their mods tho. Roblox/Gmod/Minecraft are the base that the other stuff is built on, no Roblox game is official to the original editor, exactly how no Gmod map is official to Gmod, and the same applies to Minecraft.

@Zainy I know Gmod Sandbox isn't allowed, i'm sorta the guy who's responsible for that actually ending up a rule with a Gmod player profile I created, I show up about 10 comments later in that thread. Gmod also has no interconnecting lore in Sandbox. But there have been Gmod maps that have connected with others in the past.

Zanybrainy2000

VS Battles
Retired
@Icantthinkof1goodname The relationship between Roblox and Roblox games is exactly the same as that with Gmod/Minecraft and their mods tho. Roblox/Gmod/Minecraft are the base that the other stuff is built on, no Roblox game is official to the original editor, exactly how no Gmod map is official to Gmod, and the same applies to Minecraft.

@Zainy I know Gmod Sandbox isn't allowed, i'm sorta the guy who's responsible for that actually ending up a rule with a Gmod player profile I created, I show up about 10 comments later in that thread. Gmod also has no interconnecting lore in Sandbox. But there have been Gmod maps that have connected with others in the past.
Might've worded it wrong. Yeah, Gmod has no lore in the context of sandbox. The gamemodes/servers people can set up are able to have their own individual settings and tell a story through a medium one way or another. ROBLOX games and Gmod servers can have their own settings, simply put. One is more notable than the other, but both can communicate a story.

GMod-related shtick could be its own thread at some point, yeah.

KieranH10

VS Battles
Calculation Group
I might make it a thread in the future then. For now I guess I'm fine with the compromise Axxtentacle brought up then.

Roblox/Gmod/Minecraft are the base that the other stuff is built on, no Roblox game is official to the original editor, exactly how no Gmod map is official to Gmod, and the same applies to Minecraft.
There are games made by Roblox themselves and games that have been in official events (Piggy counts as an event game for example as it appeared in two events that are still going on I think)

Personally, I don’t think Dinosaur Simulator should stay as a verse. It’s literally a simulator about playing as a dinosaur and growing up, getting DNA by aging, and getting new dinos. It’s only “lore” is unique original dinosaurs it adds, but those are effectively just OCs and there’s virtually no lore behind any of them.

Also, it only has 2 profiles, both of which seem outdated.

I'm going to explain why some of the verses I made pages for should stay

Isle- Action horror game with combat, puzzles, lore and no copyright violations apperaing

Databrawl- Combat focused game with lore and no copyright violations as of the current version

Ronald- Horror game with a scene with fighting it it and a story and no copyright violations besides the main antagonist being based off of Ronald McDonald some and a minor character based off of Grimance appearing

I'm going to explain why some of the verses I made pages for should stay

Isle- Action horror game with combat, puzzles, lore and no copyright violations apperaing

Databrawl- Combat focused game with lore and no copyright violations as of the current version

Ronald- Horror game with a scene with fighting it it and a story and no copyright violations besides the main antagonist being based off of Ronald McDonald some and a minor character based off of Grimance appearing
Seems fine imo

Zanybrainy2000

VS Battles
Retired
Personally, I don’t think Dinosaur Simulator should stay as a verse. It’s literally a simulator about playing as a dinosaur and growing up, getting DNA by aging, and getting new dinos. It’s only “lore” is unique original dinosaurs it adds, but those are effectively just OCs and there’s virtually no lore behind any of them.

Also, it only has 2 profiles, both of which seem outdated.
Yeah, I can see your point on that. Profiles haven't been updated since several stat revisions in the game iirc. Could nuke them if you'd like.

Yeah, I can see your point on that. Profiles haven't been updated since several stat revisions in the game iirc. Could nuke them if you'd like.
Definitely seems viable here, so I think that’s something to go on the list of nukes.

I’ll try to keep track of a list of verses we are nuking. So far, we seemingly have 2.

1. Dinosaur Simulator

2. Super Nostalgia Zone

DarkDragonMedeus

The Sword and Shield of AKM Sama
VS Battles
Sysop
I don't know much about Roblox and before reading this I thought it was a game similar to Minecraft. But after reading through it, I suppose Zanybrainy makes sense. I would definitely disagree with nuking every single RPG maker verse and merging it all as "RPG Maker" verse. If Roblox is more or less a platform to make games rather than a specific game franchise, then Roblox should not be considered a verse with the various franchises made using roblox being considered legit verses.

I don't know much about Roblox and before reading this I thought it was a game similar to Minecraft. But after reading through it, I suppose Zanybrainy makes sense. I would definitely disagree with nuking every single RPG maker verse and merging it all as "RPG Maker" verse. If Roblox is more or less a platform to make games rather than a specific game franchise, then Roblox should not be considered a verse with the various franchises made using roblox being considered legit verses.
Yep, it’s a platform to make games. We’re basically saying if the game has proper lore and a proper story and such, that it can stay. Anything else gets nuked.

Promestein

Cicada Killer
VS Battles
FC/OC Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
It's a game platform; we need to exercise some discretion and make this a case-by-case thing rather than allowing every Roblox game through, but they're not exactly against any rules by default, so long as they have their own lore and feats and blah blah blah. It's a similar case as to Mugen games; they can be unique narratives with their own characters and feats, i.e. the Black Heart.

So should I make a list of verses that have been accepted to have profiles, verses that currently aren't allowed to have profiles, and verses where nothing has been decided on?

I can help you on that

Tho we can agree that Survive the Killers games are not allowed since they have games that has copyrighted characters like Slenderman

and Marvel Tycoon Games or just Tycoon Games in general are banned imo

I decided to make the list

Verses allowed so far
  • The Stalker
  • Isle
  • Piggy
  • Databrawl
  • Ronald
  • Fantastic Frontier
  • Monster Islands
  • Mad City
  • Jailbreak
  • SwordBurst Online
  • Zealous Fighters
  • Elemental Battlegrounds
  • Phantom Forces
  • Shark Bite
  • Zombie Attack
Verses not allowed
  • Super Nostalgic Zone (Plotless without any crazy feats)
  • Dinosaur Simulator (Lack of lore and is a game about simulating dinosaurs)
  • Black Magic (The speed is wrong)
  • Tycoon games

Last edited:

Zanybrainy2000

VS Battles
Retired
I decided to make the list

Verses allowed so far
  • The Stalker
  • Isle
  • Piggy
  • Databrawl
  • Ronald
Verses not allowed
  • Super Nostalgic Zone (Plotless without any crazy feats)
  • Dinosaur Simulator (Lack of lore and is a game about simulating dinosaurs)
  • Black Magic (The speed is wrong)
Undecided verses
  • Fantastic Frontier
  • Monster Islands
  • Elemental Battlegrounds
  • Swordburst Online
  • Zealous Fighter
  • Jailbreak
  • Mad City
  • Phantom Forces
  • Shark Bite
  • Zombie Attack
I meant BM's verse page/profiles getting deleted since the stats are outdated. It's its own setting with valid lore, game provides visuals to the existing lore I think.

For the undecided:

• Fantastic Frontier Has a setting with its own characters. Should be fine.
  • Monster Islands: Same as above.
  • Elemental Battlegrounds: Game doesn't really have any established lore, but there are descriptions for the abilities of every element that explain how spells work, such as Earth's Meteor Declivity pulling meteors from the sky. Definitely able to gauge feats here, but there isn't a consistent setting.
  • Swordburst Online: Unsure
  • Zealous Fighters: Unsure
  • Jailbreak: Unsure
  • Mad City: It's a game about cops and heroes trying to stop criminals within a city. There are various events within the game's setting that have influenced it in different ways (most notably, Cluckle's birthday bash - which caused the collective of the criminals, heroes, villains and cops to nuke the entire city, changing the landscape in the process)
  • Phantom Forces: Unsure
  • Shark Bite: Minigame-esque game where players fight a shark that can casually destroy boats. Definitely able to gauge feats, but there isn't a super established setting.
  • Zombie Attack: Unsure

Zanybrainy2000

VS Battles
Retired
So if you just made a CRT, it could be fixed and saved?
I'm very lazy with profiles atm. Would rather have it nuked for now. I can recreate the verse page at a later point in time. Plan I have ATM is to create profiles for the real important characters like Aominoa and Eoh.

Zombie Attack: Has original characters and it is basically about killing zombies and bosses (I think it stays imo)

Jailbreak: Pretty much like Mad City and it also has its own characters as well and iirc they had a boss battle before

I'm very lazy with profiles atm. Would rather have it nuked for now. I can recreate the verse page at a later point in time. Plan I have ATM is to create profiles for the real important characters like Aominoa and Eoh.
mk then, i’m not exactly interested in going through black magic looking for feats/lore myself

Zanybrainy2000

VS Battles
Retired
mk then, i’m not exactly interested in going through black magic looking for feats/lore myself
Good choice. Had to go through hell trying to find the lore docs for the game. While there are feats for the characters in BM1/BM2, how they exactly scale to one another or if there is lore for the classes in question are a real nuisance to find.

Good choice. Had to go through hell trying to find the lore docs for the game. While there are feats for the characters in BM1/BM2, how they exactly scale to one another or if there is lore for the classes in question are a real nuisance to find.
I wish you luck on your searching, friend.

Whenever you get around to it, of course.

Xmark12

FC/OC Battles
Content Moderator
I'm the one who contributed most to the SwordBurst Online player profile, as well as the one who created the Zealous Fighter profile. SwordBurst Online's plot is pretty much like Sword Art Online's or any other MMO story. The plot is to get through all of the floors. Not sure if that's enough grounds to keep the profiles or not, but it certainly does have a plot if you dig deep enough.

Zealous Fighter has a bit more of lore, being an adventurer who enters through different areas to do battle against monsters that terrorize the world, led by the Dominator of Darkness. I feel like Zealous Fighter has a bit more ground to remain here, since there's lore and story to go off of for each area and monsters.

Finally, from what I know about Phantom Forces, it's pretty much just a multiplayer FPS game. I don't really remember much story other than you're a military guy fighting other military people for control over territory.

I'm the one who contributed most to the SwordBurst Online player profile, as well as the one who created the Zealous Fighter profile. SwordBurst Online's plot is pretty much like Sword Art Online's or any other MMO story. The plot is to get through all of the floors. Not sure if that's enough grounds to keep the profiles or not, but it certainly does have a plot if you dig deep enough.

Zealous Fighter has a bit more of lore, being an adventurer who enters through different areas to do battle against monsters that terrorize the world, led by the Dominator of Darkness. I feel like Zealous Fighter has a bit more ground to remain here, since there's lore and story to go off of for each area and monsters.

Finally, from what I know about Phantom Forces, it's pretty much just a multiplayer FPS game. I don't really remember much story other than you're a military guy fighting other military people for control over territory.
Important thing to answer is that does it have original characters and not ONE piece of not original material

Status
Not open for further replies.