• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rise of the nanites (Rex Salazar vs Senator Armstrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Rex's page is actually out of date.

He has Island+ AP and durability feats and calcs that are still being waited to be added to his page.

Not sure why they aren't.

Well yes I know that, I plan to revise him to Ben's (which would also be somewhere in tier 6) tier, but that's gonna take awhile and I wanted to make a match with him in the meantime. Also his 7-C rating is false as well since it comes from him cutting one of Van Kleiss' nanites in half and thus shouldn't scale to his AP, but I wanted to do this match anyways.

Rex wins with ease.

Massive versatility, power and durability advantage.

Rex can also just deactivate his Nanomachines if he wanted.

Senator Armstrong scales to 14.590 kilotons while Rex upscales from 6.47 kilotons. Senator Armstrong also has limited technology manipulation but unsure what he can do exactly.

Rex has an accepted 8 Gigaton feat as far back as season 1 so Armstrong isn't even going to scratch him.

Bumping this because of the General Grievous thread and Senator's upgrade, I debunked Rex's 7-C feat but we're using it anyways so consider this purely fun and games.

Ok so, what prevents Armstrong from literally just turning Rex into paste with a single punch, since he's a whole tier above him?

Rex's skill and if Rex realizes Armstrong is using technology (or more specifically nanites) then he can shut them down with a touch. I'd also say he can cut him with his BFS since he can cut nanites in half with that but the feat of him cutting a nanite in half is the same one for his AP so it's probably one or the other. Rex also has regen so if Rex blocks and his smack hand gets turned into paste then he just makes a new one.

His skill isn't even comparable to people Armstrong is used to fighting and steamrolling, it won't be a problem. Bold to assume that Armstrong would let himself be touched or that REX could shut down his nanomachines to begin with. Rex has nothing in terms of stats and can absolutely not rely on them for anything in this match. Armstrong doesn't go for the hand, he goes for the head and chest, Rex only has Mid-low. Add on top of this the fact that Rex doesn't resist heat seals this

Rex's skill is enough to make a group of people retreat with similar AP to his own and who have control over the fundamental aspects of the universe (space-time, technology, matter and energy, gravity, elemental control) but not on a universal scale (abilities include time reverse, teleportation, lightning, …). Rex' entire schtick is shutting down nanites or at least manipulating them to not be hostile which would still render them useless. Rex' smack hand can cover his face and chest and he has fought against someone who can sub-atomize if he hits anywhere but the hands. Rex also has way more mobility with flight. What does the heat seal do or how does it work?

None of that is on the profile, he's merely listed as a "very skilled combatant", which is nowhere near Raiden's or Sam's level of skill. Why would nanomachines be comparable to nanites? You are greatly overestimating mid-low regen. seriously, thisis a stomp and this thread shouldn't even be going on as Armstrong is a full tier above Rex

The reason for his third key existing is the fact that the Consortium was forced to fuse into a giant mecha-thingy to defeat him in his second form cause otherwise they couldn't. The Consortium has all the abilities of his 4th key but on a non-universal scale. It's always good to check what exactly his skill feats are and not go solely by what is written on the page. His regen should probably be higher, thing is still that technically you're not even hitting him, you're just hitting something that he makes but if you want I can CRT his regen or here is the link for sub-atomization skill feats and regen. It's also not a stomp because Rex has a wincon: shutting Armstrong's nanites down.

except Armstrong doesn't have nanites but nanomachines. I honestly have no interest in this match so I definitely won't go out of my way to make research for a fight between 2 characters in which one is a full tier above the other and oneshots. That regen feat is nowhere near enough to survive being oneshotted and it's just his arms regenerating, unless he can also regen it's irrelevant. And again, fire, which rex doesn't resist and Armstrong spams

Nanites and nanomachines are synonyms. Well sure then don't research I guess. Rex has forcefields to counter fire, if it's High 7-C fire (if that's still a thing with the heat revisions) then it might be able to get through the forcefield.

I will equalize speed tho since previously the difference was small enough and Armstrong only had a pretty small AP advantage but now Rex can't afford a speed disadvantage.

Also I forgot to mention, Rex' nanites will give him a buzzing sensation when he's up against a particularly dangerous EVO, so since Armstrong's nanites make him stronger than Rex, Rex will get the buzzing sensation here as well prompting him to be serious. Meanwhile Armstrong will be casual (he started with a regular punch against Raiden), so Rex can either go for his nanite-cutting sword and if that doesn't work/isn't allowed then he can dodge the (second) punch and touch the arm and cure him that way. So this is by no means a stomp.

"Nanites and Nanomachines are not the same thing"

What did I just read?

Stop trolling.

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 11.48.52 PM
Anyways.
Rex can abuse his flight advantage and spam Armstrong from afar as to where Armstrong wouldn't be able to do anything to him.

Get close enough and he's at risk of being completely shut down.

In fact, Rex doesn't need to shut off his Nanites from close range, he's used his technopathic manipulation from afar when his powers returned on steroids. Like when he dismantled the black pawns.

Rex out-haxes and out-distances Armstrong to a win.

Rex did have a technological floor to disable the black pawns, that said fight takes place in Central Park, the most technological Zoo in existence so the scenario might happen here as well. Vote counted. Keep in mind that Armstrong can make fire erupt from the ground and into the air so he's not completely useless from range.

Also Rex's fighting skills are stupid ridiculous and that does need to be updated on his profile.

Rex with just machine manifestation was able to out-skill, out-pace and out-predict 5 demi god's with powers over the element's that forge the very universe itself and forced them to combine together as a result.

Sam and Raiden are not more skilled than Rex.

Rex has shown almost toon-force level of skill precicion. He was able to make a perfect replica statue of himself within a few seconds using his buzzsaw.

I'd also like to add that Rex has his goggles which can see individual nanites so if Rex wants to take a peek at what is going on in Armstrong's body without going in close then he can.

This is of course an old thread, but I decided to ask a question here. How can we be sure that the speed set in the animated series has the notation m/sec, and not per hour?
It's an official space operation. They'll obviously use SI-units.

So obvious? Per hour makes a lot more sense. The elevator was in motion for about a minute. Even considering that it took him time to accelerate, he stayed half a minute at full speed. During this time, he would have managed to cover the distance twice greater than the distance between the Moon and the Earth.
Space elevators do not imply going beyond the orbit of the planet.

An elevator moving at a speed of 19 mach looks much more plausible than an elevator that moves at almost 10% of the speed of light.

So obvious? Per hour makes a lot more sense. The elevator was in motion for about a minute. Even considering that it took him time to accelerate, he stayed half a minute at full speed. During this time, he would have managed to cover the distance twice greater than the distance between the Moon and the Earth.

An elevator moving at a speed of 19 mach looks much more plausible than an elevator that moves at almost 10% of the speed of light.
Hmm that's somewhat fair I guess, though cinematic timing is a thing.

Also are you implying meters per hour or kilometers per hour? If anything if it's not in m/s then it's likely in miles per hour.

An elevator from normal human technology, sure.

An elevator from a timeline where humanity can just casually create nano machines that turn greedy politicians into gods and all types of concept distorting weapons? Different story.

Also cinematic time is still a factor

Also in the context of the episode, not only was it stated time and time again that no human can survive the pressures of it's speed (Humans can survive Mach 30 as long as directional changes aren't involved) but they even further sped it up since they needed to save Holiday as fast as possible.

Hmm that's somewhat fair I guess, though cinematic timing is a thing.

Also are you implying meters per hour or kilometers per hour? If anything if it's not in m/s then it's likely in miles per hour.
Meters per second.
Miles per hour, of course, give half the result of calculated, but this is still absurd. Considering that we have a frame in which we see the entire length of the elevator against the background of the Earth, which is clearly not equal to a million kilometers.

Also in the context of the episode, not only was it stated time and time again that no human can survive the pressures of it's speed (Humans can survive Mach 30 as long as directional changes aren't involved) but they even further sped it up since they needed to save Holiday as fast as possible.
This is absolutely taken out of context. Astronauts undergo incredible training to handle the stresses of takeoff.
Open sources tell me that the maximum load for a person is 46g.
Spacecraft accelerating to incredible speeds take time. However, here the entire acceleration took literally seconds. So 19 max at such acceleration could well kill a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back