• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
> Typhon's previous eruptions didn't cause anything

You just keep saying this like it's true when it's never stated anywhere. It isn't.

Assuming the diameter of the lava is roughly the same as the diameter of the mouth of the volcano, and the height 5km, with cylindrical volume. Still doesn't get me more than 30 megatons.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
The aftermath depends on the wind, so I'm not sure if that is reliable at all.
Typhon's previous eruptions didn't cause anything, but this time Percy made him stir, he actually managed to break out. This shows that it is highly likely this eruption was more powerful than the previous ones.

The lava is 10 040 000 000 kg?
Of course it's made blatantly clear in the series that monsters can smell and also to an extent feel Demigods just by being near. It's entirely plausible that it being Percy, period, was enough to make Typhon stir regardless of how explosive it actually was.

Also if you're going to say "depends on wind" then won't that just as easily be reversed and you could say it applies to Percy's version as well?

The "wind" thing applies to both versions indeed to an unknown extent, which is why they cannot be compared directly.

I think it was quite clearly implied that Percy's explosion caused Typhon to stir. I will try to find that piece of text.

Kepekley23 said:
No one here disagrees with that, though.
"Of course it's made blatantly clear in the series that monsters can smell and also to an extent feel Demigods just by being near. It's entirely plausible that it being Percy, period, was enough to make Typhon stir regardless of how explosive it actually was."

Frielndly said that

Regardless, is it possible to take these calculations into a calc blog, Kepekley? Make one and later post it here for evaluation so that we can move one to other feats.

And as a tangent to this, what should the new scaling look like? This is how it's shown currently:

Current scaling

Attack Potency:

Average Demigods: 8-C to High 8-C (Can be scaled to Clarisse, who slew the Lydian Drakon, and also to Julia and Alice who both had lightning-based javelins)

Big Three (Zeus, Poseidon, Hades) Demigods and some of the Seve: 6-C (Have shown casual tier 7 feats, Percy was able to lift the sky and Hazel destroyed a small island)

Magicians: At most 6-C (Carter was able to fight Percy, albeit barely)

Norse Demigods: At least High 8-C (Magnus Chase, a son of Frey which were "never fighters" was capable of fishing an incomplete Midgard Serpent), 7-C with magical powers (Magnus Chase brought summer to an island, causing plants to grow all over it)

Mortals: 10-B, at most 9-C (Comparable to Apollo as Lester Papadopoulos, who can draw a 100-pound weight bow.

Speed:

High Hypersonic+: Jason was able to deflect lightning from a close range, other Demigods, Magicians and Greco-Roman and Egyptian Gods scale to him

SuperHuman: Norse Demigods are far quicker than any regular human.

I'm just saying there's way too many unknowns to jump to some conclusion like, "Must be way bigger than normal eruptions."

Edit: You guys have a verse where being able to deflect bullets required aimdodging on Percy's part as high hypersonic+? Even Kronos/Luke with the Curse of Achilles couldn't react to lightning when Percy fought him in the throne room.

In addition all of the other forces Percy (and others) encounter are always described as still being quite mobile and attacking at the same time they are- not frozen while barely moving an inch from their POV.

Either it's an entire verse of lightning-timers or, more likely, the Demigods absolutely do not possess high hypersonic+ speeds and neither do their opponents.

RegisNex1232 said:
The old scaling is ok except the Seven should not neccessarily scale to each other, as Percy and Jason are the stronger ones while Piper and Leo are the weaker ones.

Fun fact: Months ago I made a thread none of you were willing to help out so I downgraded Piper and Leo to High 7-A in lack of better options. I don't see you all running out as fast as Usain Bolt to comment despite repeatedly put requests on your talk pages. I do not want to guess your motives but when I ask for help on other topics no one is willing to help, but all of you swiftly appeared in this thread. If we downgrade them in the end I will not help out in any stuff discussing the scaling or applying the changes.

@Friendlysocipath They are only HHS+ in terms of reactions and combat speed IIRC. And even that is not fast enough to react to close-ranged lightning. Jason Grace only barely deflected lightning 21 metres away from him.

Btw there are also too many unknowns to jump to conclusions like "it is 7-B".

GilgaArcuied said:
I believe this is what you call throwing your toys out the cot.
More like I was on mobile just now, so I couldn't elaborate more.

Firstly, I was replying to Regis about the scaling, which I think the Seven should not necessarily scale to each other. I noted that I already said this months ago without anyone to help me. Indeed I was rather angry no one was willing to help back then but they all appear now almost instantaneously, but I am not throwing a tantrum about the current revisions.

Secondly, I was replying to Friendly where he commented on the HHS+ speed.

Perhaps people come now because I made the thread and asked some to come when they clearly have the time? Complaining about it won't help much during discussions and if you feel like quitting then go ahead. Either way, the discussions are happening now, end of story.

Also assuming that the Seven somewhat scale to each other simply because they were chosen for the prophecy is ridiculous. Annabeth or Leo will never be as strong as Percy or Jason no matter how relevant they are to the story. They all have different strengths and last I checked only Percy and Jason (and a transformed Frank) are the real heavy hitters. The scaling used right now is messed up, which is why I'm asking for better suggestions to avoid such situations.

I agree with you that the Seven should not scale. They scaled based on the argument that they all fought Giants together, but Piper mostly just harmed minor gods and giants with her knife and via tactics. Leo also mostly uses fire as well. Annabeth, while she was able to disarm Percy in sparring matches as well as hold her own against Kronos briefly, she is obviously weaker.

The scaling is indeed messed up, and I asked for better suggestions months ago but no one was willing to help out, now you are complaining the scaling is messed up.

The Demigods being High Hypersonic+ by itsel is already a low-end when there are MHS and Sub-Rel feats

@Spino

I'll point out around the time you asked for help I didn't reply to any other messages on my wall as I was busy at the time. It's only recently my schedule has altered enough to take any decent work at this sort of thing and my general disagreement with many Vsbattle policies has made me wary of commenting in general.

Yes, but I don't really think that can be quantified, as the only thing we know is the distance the ash was blown (which depends on the winds).

Dargoo Faust said:
Didn't most everyone agree against the Tier 6 ratings, though?
The problem then is what to change them to, and which feats can be used. I'm also not that fond of scaling stuff done with water manipulation to durability, especially when the demigods are threatened by a lot of stuff that don't stack up well against, say, Percy lifting up the water in a nearby river.

We seem to have a pretty solid basis for 7-C/7-B for the time being, even if we need to look for more feats and facts.

It's at least better than keeping ratings that we agreed were false.

RegisNex1232 said:
Regardless, is it possible to take these calculations into a calc blog, Kepekley? Make one and later post it here for evaluation so that we can move one to other feats.

And as a tangent to this, what should the new scaling look like? This is how it's shown currently:
So this is the current scaling. I personally think that right now that most demigods with physical/elemental powers should get the Norse treatment: 'Demigods': At least 8-C (Insert feat), 7-C with magical powers (Insert higher feat)

This accounts for the general red shirt level guys as well as the superpowered ones.

Then there's the Egyptian Magicians to consider as well at a later date.

To be fair the Norse 7-C AP doesn't apply to anything but itself since it was ED.

Dargoo Faust said:
To be fair the Norse 7-C AP doesn't apply to anything but itself since it was ED.
The same mostly applies to the Big 3 demigod/others with elemental powers showings with their respective elemental powers.

There's also noting how apart from powers they all aren't that much stronger or weaker than each other.

I mean, the Big 3 peeps can use their elemental powers to attack other people, though. The summer feat doesn't really apply to any specific abilities that are used for combat.

I agree with Dargoo when it comes to the elemental powers and the sort. Also, not sure if he would agree with me. But I find it an immense leap of logic to assume that demigods get weaker from base to magical powers.

Didnt scroll up, but most of their feats are clear cut feats Both in tier 7 and 6. With a few exceptions. Storm Creation here may be considered ED elsewhere. But here it is fine. Jasons storm could be a byproduct of his powers.

However, Percys Feat, Hazels Feat and Nico's Feats are all fine. I see no issue with scaling, especially since the verse is relatively consistent. (Well, at least as far as I remember, havent read Riordan in a while.)

But we really need to fix the verse power and calculations list. I tried to find one calc and i cant cuz the power and list of calcs are really outdated. IE: Typhon is High 4-C now but on the verse page he is Low 5-B Also, we have two books that have come out in the same 'verse' that should be added. (Although no clue where they would be at cuz havent read them.)

Honestly, I am more shocked we sort of accepted High 4-C gods then demigods being 6-C imo. 6-C is fine

High 4-C? ...Ehh, unsure. Then again, not like I care enough to make a crt on that one.

There isn't a clear Tier 6 feat, and there's a stark difference between physical feats and feats with powers. Clarisse is a physically formidable demigod who is High 8-C, while some of the power feats go up to 7-B. There is a clear difference in scale of powers and physicals (excluding esoteric ones like the Mist, Charmspeaking, Shapeshifting, etc).

For the stronger ones there needs to be a separation in the key regarding physical feats and power/magic feats. For people like Annabeth or Piper, there's no need for it since they don't have those type of power/magic feats.

Outlier or not, the Sky feat is 6-C. I disagree with the downgrades in the first place, and having the Seven being physically comparable to Clarisse is simply ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back