• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sky feat is a massive outlier as it's the only 6-C feat done by an absolute low tier in the verse, when the top tier demigods struggle around 7-B environmental attacks. It's also asking people to somehow forget that side characters with better feats somehow don't scale because they're not MCs and causes a whole mess with two CRTs being made already to try to fix it. Almost everyone but you agrees with it being an outlier, I don't see why we need to keep repeating it to you Spino.

Weekly, if you want to comment then do more than a drive-by-I-didn't-read-anything post please.

Side character have better feate? I do not recall Clarisse having Toer 7 or 6 feats.

The Tier 7 feats mostly scale to physical and baseline 6-C is not that much of a stretch.

Name a single physical feat from Annabeth, Hazel, Piper or Leo that is better than Clarisse killing a drakon. That didn't involve additional help like hers.

They don't? Almost all were done with powers and even with such powers they're still prone to dying from weapons with lower durability and weaker monsters when possible.

Calculate the drakon's AP before claiming it to be more powerful than Annabeth and the others.

Annabeth, Hasel, Piper and Leo all fought minor gods and giants, and Annabeth even lifted the Sky.

Clarisse's AP:

Attack Potency: At least Large Building level (Physically stronger than the average demigod; wields a lightning-based spear and killed the Lydian drako, which was at least this big, had scales as hard as titanium, and should be superior to the Minotaur), higher with Ares's blessing

Again, deliberately ignoring the context involved and still attempting to use an outlier as a feat.

Pointing out both her AP and the drakon's? Meanwhile you still haven't presented anything but debunked arguments.

The Hogh 8-C is based on scaling, not her own feats.

Dude if someone disagrees with something means itiss debunked no argument will be valid. I have already replied to arguments against mine. And I only see people saying 6-C is an outlier because it is.

Better spell properly please.

Her feat is killing a drakon by herself, something Annabeth couldn't do. So now we move into ignoring feats.

You have said nothing in reply other than what can be summed up as "It's a high end, okay? It can be used because I said so!". On the other hand, people have actually brought and explained to your face why 6-C is an outlier based on them.

I am typing on mobile, sorry if you have such bad eyes.

Annabeth could not kill the Drakon as she was not an Ares demigod. It was said that it can only be soain by children of Ares.

A high feat does not mean it is an outlier. The burden of proof is on you to prove it as one, not me. People say it is an outlier merely because it is high, which makes zero sense.

So am I.

That specific only. It is still a massive feat that others not including Big 3 demigods have failed to match without godly help. Ignore context all you want, the fact remains that the drakon is not 6-C or Tier 7, and was a threat to a supposed 6-C (Annabeth).

A lone high feat unmatched by other feats and far above them is an outlier, despite some impressive mental gymnastics to assume otherwise and ignore every comment pointing this out. The only one not making sense is you here, as you have ignored every comment disagreeing with 6-C as if we have failed to make a single point. What's next, locking this thread because you can't debate properly?

Well great, I suppose we should give you a medal for spelling correctly?

The drakon can only be slain by a child of ares which is why it was a threat.

No it is not. Thatlink Kaltias posted was talling about mathematical outliers. I have replied to those arguments against me, what is tge point of repeating? Also I cannot lock threads. Rather interesting how believing in supposed staff privilege makes you forget that not all staff can lock threads.

Pointing out that you could make a better effort is medal worthy now?

That prophecy, along with the fact that it was 200 feet long and killing demigods and centaurs for fun until Clarisse 1 shot it with her spear, something which even Percy said was unbelievable and that no one else had managed before. This is literal nitpicking to deny a feat.

You have not, all you've done is repeat nonsense like "It's a high end" as if your argument was not disassembled and failed to acknowledge the possibility of outliers existing in fiction. This is not good debating and definitely not something to expect from a staff member who is supposed to know the verse well.

I mean you are nitpicking that is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

It is an impressive feat, but does not mean Clarisae is stronger than others.

Outliers exist if characters are consistently far lower. Not when you think it is because of it being higher than you expected. Not in this case. Meanwhile you are repeating stuff like you are debunked blah blah blah.

When the only other impressive physical feats are done by Percy, Jason and a transformed Frank, while the others have to rely on tge sky feat and scaling to Annabeth to be relevant (ignoring Clarisse scaling as well for no reason), then yeah, the odds are that Clarisse is pretty damn strong.

They are consistently threatened by monsters well below 6-C, falls, bullets, sharp weapons, arrows, etc. This is pretty consistent throughout the series and denying it is practically impossible unless you are suggesting wanking the characters. Maybe stop repeating nonsense and show how 6-C isn't an outlier beyond claiming it's a high end and please try not to ignore context just to preserve it.

They are threatened by monsters that scale to them, bullets and sharp weapons are often portrayed as extremely powerful in fiction (harming 8-A or even 6-B for example), and falls are 9-B. So if them being harmed by falls is not PIS and is valid, we should downgrade them to 9-B. 6-C is not a "high-end", it's a higher feat. A higher feat does not necessarily mean an outlier. The burden of proof is on you to prove so.

Making up excuses to justify backward scaling is bad when you have failed, yet again, to prove beyond a doubt that 6-C is not an outlier. I have brought up examples up in this thread and your old thread as well, as have other posters and you have been consistently stonewalling any arguments and shifting the goalposts. When your answer is "monsters scale to them!" and bringing up tropes and PIS, maybe it seems that you don't actually have one?

What backwards scaling? Monsters scale to demigods. Other stuff like falls are 9-B. Sharp weapons are inconsistent in fiction. So it's either PIS or the demigods are 9-B. You seem to be only capable of completely ignoring my arguments and calling them bullshit without saying anything at all.

Maybe you should try to actually reply instead of accusing me of this thing after that thing?

Monsters have their own feats which some demigods scale to, like the drakon and the Minotaur, along with Giants, Cyclops and so on. Again, ignoring context to twist these events as PIS or incosistency when it's actually far more consistent than a 6-C Annabeth

You could follow your own advice as well when you've been willfully dodging out of the outlier debate by claiming it's a higher feat while freely ignoring several lower feats that required more effort and essentially invalidate the 6-C feat.

I'm not twisting them to be PIS/inconsistency. I am saying there is only two possibilities: either they are PIS, or they are 9-B. In case you accuse me of pulling numbers out of a hat, falls above 140 something metres are limited to Wall level, due to terminal velocity.

I am not doding out of the outlier debate, more like you not knowing what an outlier is. A high feat does not necessarily make one an outlier. You can call any argument "avoiding the debate" if you like, but while you say I am incapable of debating, I'm pretty sure debating is not saying "lol, you're wrong because you're wrong". And no, the Sky feat required more effort than any other feat. You can understand that based on Percy's narration.

That is twisting the events into only PIS or inconsistency. I have to ask, are you incapable of analysis despite being a calc member because even I can do enough to think beyond such fixed positions. In case you missed my suggestions here.

Not answering and stubbornly repeating the same thing when people have shown and explained this to you is dodging the argument and extremely dishonest. Especially when it seems like you don't read any of my posts. Percy nearly killed himself erupting St Helens a book later, and was knocked out for a while unlike the sky feat where all he got was a sore body and grey hair.

I saw your suggestion and I agree the current scaling is flawed, but your anti-feats are 9-B. I have repeatedly explained that falls are limited to 9-B due to terminal velocity, and you simply ignored that and says I am incapable of analysis. Good job. Even most normal users that are not calc group members understand that falls are 9-B, and sharp weapons are inconsistent in fiction.

I answered, and you people are repeating the same thing as well, so I am forced to reply the same thing. You didn't seem to have read a majority of my posts, as you are the one ignoring what I said.

Percy's Sky feat is not AP-appliable, only Annabeth's is.

Ah yes, because we must immediately jump to 9-B instead of properly evaluating all the feats and discarding the nonsensical ones like the sky feat, a one time only feat never repeated or supported ever again. Are you seriously this incapable of moderation or logical thinking?

No, you've been ignoring mine, Risci's, Rocker's, Kep's and Kal's posts just so you can say we've failed to refute you. Who knew staff members can get away with not reading arguments and still act as if they were right?

Which only adds to it being an outlier, especially when Annabeth herself as well as stronger demigods fail to match this ever again.

"Properly evaluating". Well go publish a science paper and say that high falls are not limited by terminal velocity and see if any scientist agrees with you. High falls are 9-B. I can evaluate other feats if you want, but I don't see the point. Are you seriously this incapable of reading Gand understanding?

Ahem back to this dumb staff thing. I read them, I replied to them, and you insist I didn't read them. Which proves you didn't read any of my posts. Either that or you're acting that I didn't reply. To save you the bother:

Kaltias said that outliers were simply higher feats, and linked to a Wikipedia page. I replied that that that page was talking about mathematical outliers.

Risci said that Luke was plastered to the floor and the Sky didn't drop. The book literally said the Sky fell. It also made sense as Annabeth couldn't take the Sky if Luke was crushed to the ground. Him being "plastered' likely just means that he was struggling.

Kep says the St Helens eruption <<<< the 24-megaton one. I replied that the ashes being blown away is a result of the winds, not the yield of the explosion.

I hope you aren't blind to the point that you cannot read the above words.

This is rich coming from the person skipping over 300 posts to keep posting 6-C isn't an outlier and no one has refuted me.

Again, you keep focusing on the wrong stuff. Maybe try to get your head straight and focus on the feats carried out by the demigods and what threatens them rather than dropping dumb red herrings no one wants to debate?

So you dodged Kal's point, by ignoring if 6-C could be an outlier, ignored Kep and Risci pointing out that 6-C is inconsistent with Tier 7 feats that required effort, along with my posts here, here, here.

Maybe you could get some glasses yourself? Or a personal reader who can read out loud and explain to you what words mean?

I didn't skip 300 posts, I read all of them, replied to them, and people disagreeing with me doesn't necessarily mean they refuted my arguments. You seemed to have skipped a hundred posts I posted.

I would gladly calculate every single feat done by the demigods if I had the time, but I do not and I do not see the point of it either.

The burden of proof to prove 6-C is an outlier is on you to prove so, not me to prove it's not. Kaltias was talking about mathematical outliers. 6-C isn't that much of a stretch compared to Tier 7 feats.

For the three links you linked, I agree with the first one (that was my mistake), and I replied to the other two as well (the "they are hurt by far less" was bullets and falls as you said, which is 9-B), so you should probably get some glasses if you somehow didn't see my posts.

Up to this point you are basically accusing me of shit like dodging, dropping so-called "dumb red herrings" and claiming I skipped 300 posts. You are contributing nothing to the discussion at all. If you cannot say anything other than "lol you are stupid" or "lol you did blah blah blah" then don't say anything at all.

Also though I bet you won't bother to read this< here's the summary on the Outlier page.

An Outlier is an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power. Outliers are generally regarded as unusable in some forums debates. However, all effort should be made to try to reconcile outliers with other canon information, and only the most extreme examples should be classed as completely unusable. Often there is disagreement on exactly what constitutes an outlier, and things that are considered an outlier by some might not be considered to be one by everyone. Careful judgement should be used in all cases.
An outlier is only when it is "completely and irreconcilably inconsistent" with a character's usual showing. "Only the most extreme examples should be classed as completely unusable". 6-C isn't extremely far away from 7-B. If we were to say that "Percy is Tier 4 because he fought Ares", then that is an outlier. Careful judgement should be used in all cases, not just "lol it is an outlier because it is high".

Now let's take a look at the examples on the outlier page.

Examples of outliers:

Master Roshi destroying the Moon.

Black Panther restraning the Silver Surfer (See the image to the right).

Cyclops or Frankenstein's Monster harming Dormammu.

Dormammu defeating Multi-Eternity.

Gambit defeating Gladiator.

Post Crisis Superma defeating Dominus, a multiversal cosmic being.

Batma hurting The Spectre with a kick.

Captain America hurting Onslaught.

Thor containing a blast powerful enough to destroy 1/5th of the universe.

Hulk causing an earthquake across an infinite number of planets, and having his strength measured as Infinite by The Beyonder.

The Hulk being defeated by an ordinary python snake, or severely harmed by regular gorillas, and Thor being rendered unconscious by a shot from a handgun.

Icema defeating Oblivio.
First one, destroying the moon is 5-C while Roshi is only Tier 8 or 7 IIRC. That's a difference of 3 or 4 tiers. Second one, Silver Surfer is 4-B while Black Panther is 8-A. Again a huge extreme difference. Third one, Dormammu is 2-C while Cyclops is 5-A at max. Fourth one, Multi-Eterntiy is High 1-B while Dormammu is 2-C (that's an infinite difference). Gambit is 9-A while Gladiator is 4-B. Superman is 4-B while Dominus is multiversal. Captain America is 8-A while Onslaught is 4-B. Thor is 4-B, not 3-B. Hulk is 4-B, not High 3-A. Hulk is 4-B, not 10-B. Iceman is not 1-A.

All of these are extremely extreme cases which can be considered as outliers as the different is so huge it makes no sense. Not in this case though.

You don't see the point in analysing a character to check for outliers, inaccuracies and more? And you still call yourself a calc member?

The burden of proof which I provided and you willfully ignored or cherrypicked from. But sure, I'm the only one who has to make an argument while you say nothing but "No".

What I have been doing is describing your evasive behaviour and dishonest tactics in a thread despite being a staff member, where you gloss over people pointing out inconsistencies to peddle your "facts" and act all holier-than-thou. Maybe you could just leave now when your most telling contribution is "6-C is not an outlier because I said so" and you can' seem to deviate from that.

I do not see the point of calculating every single feat to determine a character's AP.

Looks like you skipped all my posts then.

I did not evade anything and replied to everything, while you are throwing blatantly false accusations that contribute nothing. You simply say lol 6-C is an outloer because I say so and you are debunked hahaha.

6-C is very far when 7-B nearly killed Percy and no one else has much higher feats like 7-A. Maybe try to use some of that careful judgement yourself.

Only if you want to ignore context, which is using this one feat to rate an otherwise 9-A/8-C character with zero comparable feats to 6-C and are uaing it as a base feat to scale everyone (except for a few, because screw logic right?).

RegisNex1232 said:
You don't see the point in analysing a character to check for outliers, inaccuracies and more? And you still call yourself a calc member?
The burden of proof which I provided and you willfully ignored or cherrypicked from. But sure, I'm the only one who has to make an argument while you say nothing but "No".

What I have been doing is describing your evasive behaviour and dishonest tactics in a thread despite being a staff member, where you gloss over people pointing out inconsistencies to peddle your "facts" and act all holier-than-thou. Maybe you could just leave now when your most telling contribution is "6-C is not an outlier because I said so" and you can' seem to deviate from that.
He means it's pointless to calculate every feat a character has or else everything's an outlier. Also, if I were you i'd reign in that passive aggressive attitude of yours.

That being said, I still think it's an outlier. Percy was almost killed by a 7-B explosion. He and the other Big Three are literally shown and stated to to be far superior to Annabeth.

Right, because you don't want to see a range of AP and use further analysis, but we already knew that.

Back to regurgitating my points.

You did no such thing, you pretty much laughed off Risci, Friendly and me and now you want to act as if you actually said anything?

RegisNex1232 said:
Right, because you don't want to see a range of AP and use further analysis, but we already knew that.
Back to regurgitating my points.

You did no such thing, you pretty much laughed off Risci, Friendly and me and now you want to act as if you actually said anything?
You do realize that if every single feat and little thing was taken into account, all your favorite characters would likely get slapped with hard downgrades, right? To be frank, you don't seem like you'd be willing to do that, and neither is anyone else on this wiki.

Who honestly cares about downgrades or upgrades over general accuracy? I certainly don't. I like some verses, but that doesn't give me or anyone else a free license to misinterpret it. This is a derail so please get back to the thread.

RegisNex1232 said:
Who honestly cares about downgrades or upgrades over general accuracy? I certainly don't. I like some verses, but that doesn't give me or anyone else a free license to misinterpret it. This is a derail so please get back to the thread.
"Accuracy" can often be applied arbitrarily. When it comes to statistics, there's never a 100% right answer, there's always some room for interpretation. But I still think this is an outlier.

Okay, Versus, why do you think this is an outlier? Keep in mind that this is the sky feat done by Annabeth and is used to scale everyone but side characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back