• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That just suggests that using his powers appropriately requires him to reveal his true form. Nothing would contradict this, methinks.

Plus, the problem isn't looking at their true forms, but looking at them while they're in the process of revealing them, IIRC.

Yeah, I am not disagreeing with either.

It was more that releasing it to teleport should still fry Percy. I guess it doesn't release the energy when teleporting tough. Not that it changes anything here either.

So, the vulcano is a no. What else do they have for feats?

The energy released should still kill them even if they have their eyes closed. Though Hera revealing her true form did vape all the monsters at the Wolfhouse.

@DMUA

Jason didn't survive seeing Hera's true form. He died and Piper managed to bring him back with her Charmspeak since the Doors of Death were open and Thanatos was in chains.

I am not sure the mass-energy conversion thing can be an anti-feat though. The demigods don't die from being near, they just have to close their eyes...it doesn't really make much sense, but it's mythology I suppose?

Seriously guys. If no-one brings up anything, they'll just go down to "High 8-C, higher with powers"

7-A AP for Hazel's island-busting feat and 7-C physical for Percy's glacius-smashing.

I still don't quite agree with this though.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
7-A AP for Hazel's island-busting feat and 7-C physical for Percy's glacius-smashing.

I still don't quite agree with this though.
Either calcs or statements would be preffered, because if thw vulcano is anything to go by those might be wrong as well.

And if you mean the downgrades, there is one tier 6 feat that is legitimate. And being a whole tier above the best feat 's an outlier, specially when there is plenty anti-feats.

Can someone tell me again why the volcano feat is wrong? Anyway the Hazel island-busting was calculated already, as well as Percy's 7-C feat.

Regarding the downgrades, the anti-feat (True Form of Gods) doesn't even make sense, as the demigod have no issue being close, it's just that they can't open their eyes.

If I recall correctly top-tier demigods quite effortlessly destroy most monsters. The Hydra gives trouble to them because it spits acid and has Regenerationn, making it quite hard to kill. Hercules when he was a demigod was able to tear its head off quite easily. Tyson and Percy were able to fight it IIRC, it's just that it keeps growing heads back. Btw I checked the Sea of Monsters, the warship killed Hydra by burning its necks, stopping it from regrowing heads. I am pretty sure the Hydra's weakness is to burn its necks, stopping it from regenerating.

Other than that I cannot think of other "anti-feats". More powerful monsters like Ladon did not manage to kill Luke.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yeah...

That doesn't counter the "most of the energy in an eruption goes to the pressure pumping stuff out" or the "the heat sure as hell wasn't all focused on him".

If 24 gigatons worth of energy were focused on something as wide as percy it would be plasma hitting him, not lava. I doubt the lava that hit him was anywhere above 2000 degrees Celsius, and he is actually heatproof.

That's great. Could you please link them then?

That isn't the only thing. The amount of times falling was a threat.

As far as I remember the hydra was completly blown up... I only have an italian version of the book, so if you still remember where it was could you upload a photo of it.

I remember the 7-A calc. It assumed Hazel fragmented the island as opposed to sinking it, so it's wrong, sadly.

Kepekley23 said:
I remember the 7-A calc. It assumed Hazel fragmented the island as opposed to sinking it, so it's wrong, sadly.
Scratch this. The 7-A result assumes that Hazel vaporized the island, which should hopefully be obviously wrong just from a glance:

"The fissure exploded. The roof crumbled. I sank into my mother's arms, into the darkness, as oil filled my lungs and the island collapsed into the bay."

The melting point method is also incorrect because it's not stated anywhere that she melted the granite, and the last passage outright states that she did not. She merely made the island's foundations break apart, causing it to collapse.

The island was destroyed by breaking the foundations apart. The compressive strength result (High 7-C) fits the actual scene the most here.

@Ricsi

There are quite a few tier 7 feats.

There is one based on the crater created when Jason and Enceladus clashed physically, another one where Percy destroys hundreds of acres by stabbing his sword into the ground (although he was water-boosted), one where Nico creates a pit that is thousands of miles deep, and a few others.

Also, while we're in the gloomy mood of downgrading the Demigods, there are quite a few speed feats that are higher.

For example, Nico opened a pit to the Underworld in a matter of seconds (the pit was stated to have extended all the way before a skeleton hanging on the air above it could even start falling) , and Son of Neptune states that the Underworld is 2300 miles below the ground.

Firstly Hazel's feat was done with her power of summoning metals and precious minerals and it kills her in the end, this is a massive plot point as it's why she is in the Underworld when Nico brings her back while Thanatos is missing. There is no way to scale it to anyone's AP or Durability given that most heroes don't have her powers and wouldn't survive it anyway.

Scaling anyone to Hercules is again ridiculous as no one has actually managed any of his feats or matched him in a fight.

Percy only tanks a little of Mt. St Helens exploding and was in serious pain as he got covered in lava. He is also a water manipulator and was fine after falling into the water from great heights thanks to his powers.

A lot of Big Three feats come from their powers, so trying to scale others to them seems faulty when not many can summon ghosts, create tornadoes or lift rivers.

Hazel was (mostly) killed because she drowned due to oil filling her lungs. She actually half-survived the blast, since the chapter is on her first person point of view and she saw the island collapsing from afar before dying.

It is definitely scalable, second of all, because it's outright stated by Hazel that Nico's power is much more intense and greater than hers could ever hope to be.

Index:

• Percy destroying the Hubbard Glacier was calculated at 7-C
  • Nico opening a gigantic pit that extended to Hades was calculated at Low 7-B
  • Jason and Enceladus clashing is 7-C
  • Hazel's feat is High 7-C.

I mean, Percy's volcano durability feat is still a feat, he just doesn't scale to the full yield of the explosion (and, rereading the feat, he did get hit by the explosion). Maybe Low 7-B depending on what it yields.

Shouldn't really scale to anyone unless they oneshot Percy with something he resist though. He got very, very close to death after that impact.

I know you freak, I was the one who told you that on chat when you thought he "tanked it without harm", don't insult my PJO knowledge or else I will ban you aylmao

Anyone who severely wounds Percy would scale - which is probably not a lot, but hey.

Give me a break I didn't read those books in years and thought the page wasn't horribly wrong

Let's just stick to the feats people can do without being put on life support. That's much more scalable.

Yes

Anyways, what about keys? I dunno if we have enough feats to record a change in power, but, if we did, I wonder what we could organize.

Also, we should probably comb through Kane Chronicles, just in case we find a good feat Percy can in turn scale to, while we're at it.

Then again, 7-C Percy gives me some very bad ideas to redux

The chapters are from third person perspective, and she couldn't have seen the island from afar given that she was in the cavern itself. I fail to see how this indicates that she can take 7-C attacks. She can do this as a last resort offense, but it's not a great showing of her defensive prowess.

Hazel Chapter 17

"Hazel summoned the last of her willpower. The air turned searing hot. The spire began to sink. Jewels and chunks of gold shot from the fissure with such force, they cracked the cavern walls and sent shrapnel flying, stinging Hazel's skin through her jacket.

Stop this! Gaea demanded. You cannot prevent his rise. At best, you will delay him—a few decades. Half a century. Would you trade your lives for that?

Hazel gave her an answer.

The last night, the raven had said.

The fissure exploded. The roof crumbled. Hazel sank into her mother's arms, into the darkness, as oil filled her lungs and the island collapsed into the bay."

I fail to see how scaling powers to physical stats is possible when most don't have showings on a similar scale.

Jason breaking his weapon made of magical explosive material and then tanking a small part of it is hardly 7-C, especially when he didn't expect to break it.

Jason Chapter 44

"He swept his spear sideways, met Jason's javelin—and with a snap like a shotgun blast, the golden weapon shattered.

The explosion was hotter than the giant's breath, blinding Jason with golden light. The force knocked him off his feet and squeezed the breath out of him.

When he regained his focus, he was sitting at the rim of a crater. Enceladus stood at the other side, staggering and confused. The javelin's destruction had released so much energy, it had blasted a perfect cone-shaped pit thirty feet deep, fusing the dirt and rock into a slick glassy substance.

Jason wasn't sure how he'd survived, but his clothes were steaming. He was out of energy. He had no weapon. And Enceladus was still very much alive.

Jason tried to get up, but his legs were like lead.

Enceladus blinked at the destruction, then laughed. "Impressive! Unfortunately, that was your last trick, demigod."

Enceladus leaped the crater in a single bound, planting his feet on either side of Jason. The giant raised his spear, its tip hovering six feet over Jason's chest."

The other clash involved Zeus/Jupiter's lightning and Jason is lightning proof as his son.

RegisNex1232 said:
Jason breaking his weapon made of magical explosive material and then tanking a small part of it is hardly 7-C, especially when he didn't expect to break it.
Further still when you realize Jason would only have experienced a Jason-sized percentage of that blast for the 30 foot crater.

Jason was in the epic centre of the explosion. We would have to multiply the blast by his cross-section area though, but that will just be slightly less.

I still do not agree with the downgrades in the first place. Gods revealing their True Forms don't even make sense, as the demigods have no trouble standing near but just have to close their eyes. The hydra was killed by a warship so it cannot regenerate. Quite sure it was said that fire can kill hydra. Hercules when he was a demigod killed a hydra via physical strength. Most normal monsters are quite easily killed by demigods, while more powerful ones like Ladon didn't even manage to kill Luke. Hazel only died by oil inhalation after collapsing the island.

True Forms are weird, I think it's just dura negation honestly

Regenerationn doesn't make killing something an Island level feat, and those monsters don't have anywhere near those kinds of feats at all.

Percy almost died taking a 7-B blast and had to be put on life support, despite having resistance.

Everyone past titan's curse, and, keep in mind, these are high tiers, only manage Tier 7 feats, while holding the sky can be done by Annabeth, the physically weakest out of all of them.

Not to mention the use of KE was incorrect as only Atlas actually caught it. Then again, I does make some sense that they'd scale considering Percy fought Ares before... regardless, the previous points apply and are the main reason for this.

It doesn't make it an Island level-feat, it merely shows that it doesn't disprove Island level.

I remember Percy was just knocked out and blasted to Ogygia, what life support?

Most of the tier 7 feats were either casual, or when they were inexperienced. Percy casually smashed the glacier. Hazel was young and untrained when she destroyed the small island. Nico was also young and untrained when opening the path to the Underworld.

He was out cold for days and needed healing to not die.

They're still quite a bit below 6-C, and Percy being taken out by a 7-B blast (After Titan's Curse, I must note) really sells it.

I don't recall him being out cold for days.

They are quite below 6-C but those feats are mostly casual or when they were young and inexperienced.

I woke up feeling like I was still on fire. My skin stung. My throat felt as dry as sand.

I saw blue sky and trees above me. I heard a fountain gurgling, and smelled juniper and cedar and a bunch of other sweet-scented plants. I heard waves, too, gently lapping on a rocky shore. I wondered if I was dead, but I knew better. I'd been to the Land of the Dead, and there was no blue sky.
Nothing implies he was out of cold for days.

Afterward, I could never describe what happened. An explosion, a tidal wave, a whirlwind of power simultaneously catching me up and blasting me downward into the lava. Fire and water collided, superheated steam, and I shot upward from the heart of the volcano in a huge explosion, just one piece of flotsam thrown free by a million pounds of pressure. The last thing I remember before losing conscious was flying, flying so high Zeus would never have forgiven me, and then beginning to fall, smoke and fire and water streaming from me. I was a comet hurtling toward the earth.
An interesting thing is that similar to Hazel's island-busting feat, he actually witnesses the explosion, even himself flying, then falling, before losing conscious.

Hazel likely died due to oil inhalation, but in this scene I am not so sure. But he was near Ogygia before losing conscious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back