• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologise if I sounded rude, but what I meant is said 9-B anti-feat is used by you guys to debunk 6-C, but you can also use said 9-B anti-feat to debunk Tier 7 as well. The only valid anti-feat atm is the 9-B anti-feat, which is why Percy would either be 6-C or 9-B.

Unless more valid Tier 7 anti-feats can be dug up, I would only agree the downgrades to happen over my corpse.

Well, your agreement is not that crucial, to be blunt.

There are far more tiee 7 feats, and they are far more consistent.

Except a higher feat doesn't mean it is an outlier, unless a lower anti-feat is found.

Currently the anti-feat is a 9-B one, so either 9-B or 6-C.

Except 6-C isn't consistent in any way, so you are advocating for inconsistent, inaccurate ratings over proper analysis and judgment.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yeah. Nearly dying and needing all your power to perform to tier 7 stuff is an anti feat.
I already explained that anti-feat would result in 9-B. The scene implies Percy was knocked out (and said to likely die) because of crashing in the water, which would downgrade him to 9-B.

RegisNex1232 said:
Except 6-C isn't consistent in any way, so you are advocating for inconsistent, inaccurate ratings over proper analysis and judgment.
I would prefer it if you to actually respond to my points other than making false accusations. It isn't consistent because...you say so? It is over proper analysis because...you say so?

I am advocating that we use the highest feat of the character given that there are no reasonable anti-feats (that are not PIS). So, if 9-B anti-feat is PIS, then 6-C. If 9-B anti-feat is not PIS, then no 6-C and 9-B.

Unless more tier 7 anti-feats can be dug up.

6-C is unreasonable given that Annabeth and every othwr demigod displays no other feats on a similar level, are consistently hurt by far less, and the feat itself has some erroneous assumptions like assuming the sky is falling and ignoring any spiritual component.

But sure, it's more consistent to use high ends no one ever reaches again, not even Percy with the Curse of Achilles, Clarisse or Frank with their father's blessings, or anything Jason does over reasonable high ends like causing a volcano to erupt, collapsing an island, etc which don't scale to other characters and are not fully applicable to durability.

You are essentially asking us to ignore logic and reason simply because you cannot accept that 6-C Annabeth is ridiculous.

RegisNex1232 said:
6-C is unreasonable given that Annabeth and every othwr demigod displays no other feats on a similar level, are consistently hurt by far less, and the feat itself has some erroneous assumptions like assuming the sky is falling and ignoring any spiritual component.

But sure, it's more consistent to use high ends no one ever reaches again, not even Percy with the Curse of Achilles, Clarisse or Frank with their father's blessings, or anything Jason does over reasonable high ends like causing a volcano to erupt, collapsing an island, etc which don't scale to other characters and are not fully applicable to durability.

You are essentially asking us to ignore logic and reason simply because you cannot accept that 6-C Annabeth is ridiculous.
It is indeed more reasonable to use high-ends if there are no lower anti-feats that are not PIS.

So yeah, the current anti-feats are 9-B, so either we downgrade them to 9-B, or the 6-C feat is not an outlier.

Your logic is so flawed it isn't even funny.

Tier 7 is consistently reoccuring for them, and there is one yier 6 feat.

The fact that some of the tier 7 feats nearly kill them is an anti-feat of itself. Stop acting in extremes, there are more options that two, and thw two you are offering ignore consistency.

You haven't proven any PIS at all though. All that you've shown is that you don't like the idea that 6-C is an outlier.

Up to this point you are basically throwing accusations. The ant-feat is a 9-B feat, not a tier 7 one. Percy was only knocked out when he crash-landed, and Calypso said he should have died when he crashed.

RegisNex1232 said:
You haven't proven any PIS at all though. All that you've shown is that you don't like the idea that 6-C is an outlier.
I agree, I have no proof about PIS. Which is why I said there are 2 options, 9-B or 6-C. Personally I prefer 6-C. If you all agree 9-B is not PIS, then 9-B it is.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I agree, I have no proof about PIS. Which is why I said there are 2 options, 9-B or 6-C. Personally I prefer 6-C. If you all agree 9-B is not PIS, then 9-B it is.
You have no proof, yet you're suggesting that any and all lower feats/anti feats must be PIS because of a single 6-C feat that has several flaws in it, has never been matched since it happened and is causing a massive scaling problem. Ignoring logic and consistency for personal likes isn't how the wiki works.

Up to this point you are basically throwing accusations. The ant-feat is a 9-B feat, not a tier 7 one. Percy was only knocked out when he crash-landed, and Calypso said he should have died when he crashed.
That is wrong. No more to say. Many tier 7 ones, like the spear one, were done by pushing themselves, which makes so. Something thousands of times stronger an outlier.

The spear one was not "pushing himself", IIRC it was caused by Jason's spear exploding because it was made out of Imperial Gold.

The glacier-feat is pretty casual.

The island-feat is when Hazel was young and untrained, and she only died from oil inhalation.

The ground-splitting feat by Nico didn't indicate any "pushing himself" as well, young and untrained too.

The only reasonable anti-feat is the volcano one, but that would downgrade Percy to 9-B.

Again with the casual usage, acting as if it was all fine for someone who was getting exhausted from making a mini hurricane and gets refreshed after a nice dunk in the water.

She also died from the collapse, and claiming that she would somehow survive it if not for the oil is unsupported given that Hazel knew regardless that she would die. She also has no real durability feats.

Also assuming that powers scale to stats when they don't. We have numerous examples of that throughout the series.

1. Don't recall him being exhausted. If you don't like the word "casual", I'll swap it with "fine".

2. Firstly, it was never shown whether she died from the collapse. Secondly, she probably knew she would die from oil inhalation. Thirdly, there is this thing called power scaling.

3. Never said that. But the crater feat is a durability feat, the glacier feat is a durability feat, the volcano feat is a durability feat, the 6-C Sky feat is also a durability feat.

It is the other way around. You need valid feats to support such a ginormous jump in stats, Which you have already admitted doesn't exist.

No...? A feat is a feat. A higher feat =/= an outlier. An outlier is when other anti-feats contradict a higher feat.

We might as well as downgrade half the wiki if that is the case.

You go downgrade half the wiki then. I personally don't care, but I do care about verses I follow on this wiki.

If they are consistently tier 9, and are consistently hurt by other tier 9s or other tier 9 ap that makes this island level revision a outlier.

They are not consistently tier 9, nor this revision is about upgrading them to 6-C. They are already 6-C. There is one tier 9 feat people are trying to use to downgrade them from 6-C. But then people say they are not Tier 9 but Tier 7.

So what I am saying is, either the Tier 9 feat is PIS and the 6-C feat is used, or the 6-C feat is an outlier and they are 9-B. However, oddly, people accuse me of being extreme.

So what I am saying is, either the Tier 9 feat is PIS and the 6-C feat is used, or the 6-C feat is an outlier and they are 9-B. However, oddly, people accuse me of being extreme.
Well, you kind of are. You're claiming it can only be one of two possibilities; ignoring the fact that there can probably be a more consistent solution.

Do we have a solid list of feats to compare the Tier 6 feat to to see if it is an outlier? If it is, we go for what is generally more common. If that is tier 8, tier 7, whatever, we use it.

I know for a fact there is plenty of feats in the Riordanverse, but there only seems to be like three being discussed here.

If tier 7 feats are more "common", doesn't mean a tier 6 feat is an outlier. Only when such tier 7 feats disprove a tier 6 feat, it makes it an outlier.

So, unless there are more feats or anti-feats, there are only 2 solutions.

1) Everyone, please calm down

2) An outlier is not only when a feat is contradicted (Putting effort in tier 7 feats does contradict tier 6, for the record), but also when it isn't supported by anything.

Literally every witch in PMMM is scaleable from a tier 4 feat, but you don't see me ignoring it in favor of the much more consistent tier 7 feats the verse has.

Really, just read Wikipedia's page. An outlier is something too far away from everything else in a statistical analysis, and it's basically the same in VS debating

Let's, not only was lifting the sky killing Luke, Annabeth and Percy, there was a spiritual aspect that contributed to being able to lift it for a while and it is vastly above most feats performed by the notable demigods we see, with or without powers.

And it's not like there's a lot of great justification in the profiles themselves, as most of them just say stuff without context or evaluation.

Like Piper for example:

"Attack Potency: Likely Large Mountain level+ (Although she is the least physically capable of the Seven, she was still able to stab weakened goddesses and giants. Should be nearly comparable to the other six of the Seven), can ignore conventional durability of supernatural beings to an extent with Katopris

Speed: High Hypersonic+ (Is comparable to other members of The Seven, such as Annabeth Chase. Managed to take Khione by surprise. Blitzed giants)

Lifting Strength: Unknown

Striking Strength: Likely Large Mountain Class+ (Stabbed Khione to death and fought Pereboia alongside Aphrodite, but it's unknown how much of these feats should be attributed to Piper's strength due to the anti-supernatural properties of Celestial Bronze)

Durability: Likely Large Mountain level+"

Look at this. No link to any feats and reliant on scaling to Annabeth, who has only one noteworthy lifting feat that is being treated as an outlier and is otherwise far weaker and slower than the likes of Percy and Jason. How is this a good example of scaling or profiling?

It is not a good example of scaling or profiling, which is EXACTLY why I initially started a revision asking for a solution, but then it was interrupted by this downgrade stuff. I initially made this thread because when I made a CRT for the Burning Maze, no one gave a ****, so put that rating as Antvasima said I can do so since no one was willing to help out. However I myself do not agree with that rating, which is why I made another CRT. After you interrupt my CRT, you then say that the profile is badly scaled. Wow.

Also Poseidon literally said that it requires strength, courage and a true heart. How can you deny it doesn't involve strength?

He is saying it does not require '''only '''strength and other things make an unquatifiable difference. And likely a pretty huge difference considering strength feats that people like Annabeth have.

No, Poseidon said "strength, a true heart" and something like that. What he is saying that you cannot be forced under the Sky, and you have to take it by free will. That's it.

I would like to see the quote since I read it years ago but I was always under the impression that they were not lifting the sky via pure strength considering how many statements of the power of demigods that go against it.

As if 6-C Annabeth would actually be a good rating. It only involves ignoring every single time she has been hurt by far less stuff like a dagger, a fall, various monsters and so on. This is then used to give everyone else in the Seven 6-C, while ignoring characters like Clarisse who is stronger than her, yet rated as High 8-C for her more impressive showing.

Ignoring other factors involved just to focus on strength is dumb. Especially when the gods don't do so. Also harping on it being a legit feat when everything else suggests otherwise is being dishonest.

RegisNex1232 said:
As if 6-C Annabeth would actually be a good rating. It only involves ignoring every single time she has been hurt by far less stuff like a dagger, a fall, various monsters and so on. This is then used to give everyone else in the Seven 6-C, while ignoring characters like Clarisse who is stronger than her, yet rated as High 8-C for her more impressive showing.

Ignoring other factors involved just to focus on strength is dumb. Especially when the gods don't do so. Also harping on it being a legit feat when everything else suggests otherwise is being dishonest.
Celestial bronze durability negates. Again, the fall is a 9-B anti-feat. So let me ask everyone: 9-B or 6-C? Either the fall is PIS, or the Sky feat is an outlier and we should downgrade Annabeth to 9-B.

Monsters scale to demigods, so that isn't an anti-feat. Btw Clarisse isn't stronger than Annabeth, the book never said so.

Celestial bronze doesn't work like that. It affects monsters and demigods due to specific magical influence but nowhere is it stated to negate durability for demigods.

And what is with the constant 9-B anti-feat, only 9-B or 6-C repetition? Is there really no better argument or analysis you can produce?

Yet we haven't seen any monsters with 6-C feats.

Really, the person who can solo a drakon, is a combat oriented demigod focused on fighting only isn't stronger than one whose greatest strength is her mind, has zero notable feats apart from the highly suspect sky feat, is consistently injured by monsters and people who have no 6-C showings and is for all intents and purpose a fit, well trained human?

There's logic, but what you're suggesting is we ignore it just because you like that sky feat so much you seem incapable of proper analysis.

No, that is indeed my argument. I do not need to produce another one, because no one managed to give a valid reason why it is wrong. I do not need 1000 arguments when 1 is enough. You also seem to focus on only 1 argument as well, that Percy is not 6-C. Repeating the same thing is exhausting, but I might as well as copy-and-paste every post until someone actually gives a valid reason why the argument is wrong.

Monsters scale to demigods, so it does not really matter. If Character B scales to Character A who is let's say Tier 7, then Character B not having any Tier 7 feats himself does not change anything, unless he has an anti feat.

That is logic. You hate the sky feat, so you want to ignore it. (yeah, this is an appeal to motive fallacy, but who cares? Regis already threw like 10 unproved accusations at me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back