• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, back to the main topic, what would demigods be rated as?

I am fine assuming that their powers are as high as the storm calc puts them, but not physycally, no.

With them, many others would need a downgrade, like the pharaons.

Percy barely survived 7-B

They're probably in the 7-C range anyhow unless more feats can be digged up.

Also if calculating the Sky falling is wrong, would calculating the KE of pushing the Sky upwards be fine?

In case anyone says something about the Lifting Strength revision, it only says that PE cannot be used.

Shouldn't scale to anyone's AP unless they oneshot him with an attack he resists.

Maybe. Still probably going to be an outlier.

DMUA said:
Shouldn't scale to anyone's AP unless they oneshot him with an attack he resists.

Maybe. Still probably going to be an outlier.
Fair enough.

Want to see the result before saying. But I can't calc it until after my mid-terms.

But Percy didn't push it up at all, he was sinking to the floor.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN I PUT ON A FEW MILLION EXTRA POUNDS

"Afterward, I tried many times to explain what it felt like. I couldn't.

Every muscle in my body turned to fire. My bones felt like they were melting. I wanted to scream, but I didn't have the strength to open my mouth. I began to sink, lower and lower to the ground, the sky's weight crushing me."

Luke didn't push it up either:

CHAPTER FIVE I PLACE AN UNDERWATER PHONE CALL

"There was Luke. And he was in pain.

He was crumpled on the rocky ground, trying to rise. The blackness seemed to be thicker around him, fog swirling hungrily."

Annabeth was pushed down to the point of kneeling:

CHAPTER SEVEN EVERYBODY HATES ME BUT THE HORSE

"Annabeth was kneeling under the weight of a dark mass that looked like a pile of boulders. She was too tired even to cry out. Her legs trembled. Any second, I knew she would run out of strength and the cavern ceiling would collapse on top of her."

Artemis staggered when taking the sky from Annabeth:

CHAPTER SEVEN EVERYBODY HATES ME BUT THE HORSE

"Artemis ran to Annabeth and took the burden from her shoulders. Annabeth collapsed on the ground and lay there shivering. Artemis staggered, trying to support the weight of the black rocks."

The only one who managed any noticeable pushing was Atlas, and it's crazy to scale normal demigods without buffs to Titans.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN I PUT ON A FEW MILLION EXTRA POUNDS

"As fast as thought, Artemis grabbed his javelin shaft. It hit the earth right next to her and she pulled backward, using the javelin like a lever, kicking the Titan Lord and sending him flying over her, I saw him coming down on top of me and I realized what would happen. I loosened my grip on the sky, and as Atlas slammed into me I didn't try to hold on. I let myself be pushed out of the way and rolled for all I was worth.

The weight of the sky dropped onto Atlas's back, almost smashing him flat until he managed to get to his knees, struggling to get out from under the crushing weight of the sky. But it was too late."

Conclusions aren't about to be reached just yet. 6-C is an outlier physicslly, but otherwise there is still discussion to be had about demigods, pharaons and such.

I was asked to comment and so I will agree with the notion that their physical stats have never really matched the showings their powers do- frankly that sort of thing is commonplace in all fiction but it's especially prevalent in Riordanverse. Injuries from falling in particular are quite common- be it a few stories like Piper or a few feet like Annabeth. If this happened once you could write it off but it never stops happening.

I agree with 6-C being an outlier.

About Percy surviving the explosion of mount St. Helens (I think), the feat is legit, but I think that we need to account for surface area and whatnot (I don't remember exactly the distance tho).

Pretty sure most of the energy in an eruption goes to the pressure pumping stuff out, not the explosion.

Which brings the problem that not all the pressure was on him, and he didn't resist being pushed either. Which reduces the amount of Dura needed to take the pressure even assuming it wall all on him.

As for the thermal energy linked in his profile, the heat sure as hell wasn't all focused on him, he's actively resistant and it is only 7 megatons for the eruption, after which more came out.

Think of it like a how 10cm^2 worth of sunlight has enough heat to kill an ant and burn them, but they aren't killed regardless. ( Unless magnifiers are involved).

Percy was kinda in the center of the volcano, though

DMUA said:
Percy was kinda in the center of the volcano, though
Yeah...

That doesn't counter the "most of the energy in an eruption goes to the pressure pumping stuff out" or the "the heat sure as hell wasn't all focused on him".

If 24 gigatons worth of energy were focused on something as wide as percy it would be plasma hitting him, not lava. I doubt the lava that hit him was anywhere above 2000 degrees Celsius, and he is actually heatproof.

Being on the center doesn't mean he took the entirety of the blast. Although I'm exaggerating with the 9-A stuff, if Percy had actually taken the full brunt of the volcano's explosion then...well, there wouldn't be an explosion, since the energy would have dissipated.

AnonymousBlank said:
I take it his crash land from pissing off Zeus would be within the 9-A range as well?
I doubt we can take the comet part litirally.

But it shouldn't be above 8-C, and that's an at most.

So, beyond the vulcano, what notable feats are there for a tier? Not just the top demigods either, maybe Carter has something intresting.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I doubt we can take the comet part litirally.

But it shouldn't be above 8-C, and that's an at most.
We absolutely cannot take most of what the characters state literally. Percy says Blackjack is lightspeed.

Also, bumping this to say that there's a direct anti-feat for 6-C in almost every book; the energy release of a God revealing their true form is stated to be mass-energy conversion, and it was calced at the low gigatons, yet it is still able to disintegrate demigods if they're caught on the radius of the release.

Jason did survive it, but he did look dead for a few moments and was coughing out smoke. Not to mention, Jason is kinda strong as a demigod, with only Percy really being comparable.

Kepekley23 said:
Also, bumping this to say that there's a direct anti-feat for 6-C in almost every book; the energy release of a God revealing their true form is stated to be mass-energy conversion, and it was calced at the low gigatons, yet it is still able to disintegrate demigods if they're caught on the radius of the release.
Wasn't there a part where Percy mentions, after talking with hermes, that looking at him while he teleports would reveal his true form and kill him?

How does that make sense with the above? It might be an iconsistency tough, most mechanics for the mythology are.

Also, what would have happened if, say, Aphophis won? Would the greeks just sit back while reality is ripped asunder? Would they wait till the last moment?

I'm not sure what you're getting at with the Hermes thing - I said the exact same thing on the post you quoted.

And we don't know what would have happened, perhaps Percy Jackson has a cosmology similar to God of War, where every pantheon is an alternate reality within their own country borders.

Kepekley23 said:
I'm not sure what you're getting at with the Hermes thing - I said the exact same thing on the post you quoted.
And we don't know what would have happened, perhaps Percy Jackson is like God of War and every pantheon is an alternate reality condensed within the same space.
I mean that he sould be killed by the energy regardless of looking .

Eh, I guess it might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back