• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rin Type 5 Immortality

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALRF

VS Battles
Retired
We have this character having a type 5 immortality due to this quote

Which is just him literally not dying due to his ability to resurrects.

If there is no proof of him being above the concept of death, then it should be removed

idk wot else it is. he literally cant die in the game and it says in that 'journey will never come to an end' which implies death doesnt effect him.

I don't know what Immortality is this, but it sure is not Type 5

Because nothing implies him to be above the concept of death.

His quote of "Journey doesn't end" is due to his resurrection ability

Going by what I said from the VSthread I was discussing the topic in, Rin should probably have immortality via consistent Resurrection or something. Since Rin can resurrect themselves by reincarnating into different bodies, which is Type 6 from my knowledge. Rin is also given a choice to either resurrect himself in the same body he died in if he didn't manage to achieve a specific goal in a life or to reincarnate into another body. I'm not very keen on what type of immortality it would be to resurrect in the same body, so I'm a bit bamboozled, too.

This resurrection ability also ties in with the paragraph as shown in the ending, which states that Rin's soul will travel onto the next life and onto the next, and that Rin's life is part of an enormous transmigration.

Type 5 is absurdly wanked, honestly. Rin, in his various incarnations, has gotten killed by natural causes to be simply resurrected.

So yeah, it is definitely resurrection, no doubts.

It just means he has really really powerful resurrection ability

Kuularne said:
yh ik. rins not that durable himself. he gets killed by the ritual of time also and resurrects
Unless I'm mistaking this with something else, Ritual of time grants him longevity, which effectively negates his ability to reincarnate due to not being able to actually _die_ in that life due to age/starvation/other natural causes, which would incapacitate him, as shown in the video.

So, in short, he gained longevity and now he can't reincarnate, he didn't die, he just lacked the ability to do so in this scenario.

This would likely be a weakness - if he cannot die (Specifically of old age, lack of food or water, etc), he cannot reincarnate).

the ritual of time is said by kagyou (king of time) to 'shut off persons fate of life by extinguishing their candle of time with the Water of Dreaming. Ka-gyou directly said that it deletes time'

i think ur mistaking it

Kuularne said:
the ritual of time is said by kagyou (king of time) to 'shut off persons fate of life by extinguishing their candle of time with the Water of Dreaming. Ka-gyou directly said that it deletes time'

i think ur mistaking it
Yeah, I mistook it with the longevity thing. From what I can infer, the candles represent how long it takes until one dies. So the player essentially speeds up the time of an individual, causing them to die instantly, I think.

i think it has smth 2 do with fate and time, not just longelivity. its vague but kagyou is the god of time and fate so its more 2 do with those powers

'end to his time' 'erase time' things like that

''Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death'' ''thus cannot be traditionally killed'' made me think of rin being type 5 specifically

Kuularne said:
Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death thus cannot be traditionally killed made me think of rin being type 5 specifically
Rin has died to things such as attacks from normal creatures and other natural causes.

Kuularne said:
i think it has smth 2 do with fate and time, not just longelivity. its vague but kagyou is the god of time and fate so its more 2 do with those powers

'end to his time' 'erase time' things like that
It's definitely time, given that you're abruptly ending people's lifespans.

Also, as a side-note, I tried doing a rendered version of the image on Rin's profile

Rinclear
Rin as depicted in the intro.

They can be rid as Zany said.

They just come back due to resurrection

That's not type 5. Type 5 is "you don't actually die to begin with because you ''can't''". Not "You die but resurrect afterwards"

>no they cant be rid lol. they always come back.

Yeah, they come back via resurrection. They die but come back due to that ability.

No, they still do die, they "escape" death via resurrection.

They aren't "lacking" it but rather "avoiding" it through resurrection

Dude.

If you die but resurrect that's not the same as not being dead to begin with.

Same as Amakasu Masahiko.

We don't give him Type 5 just because he can resurrect after his death.

The guy just "bypass" his death by resurrecting himself, the concept still apply to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back