• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rin Type 5 Immortality

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zany

Seems fine.

@Kuula

It's not the same being as Rin. He has long since abandonned the old body in favor of another body. They don't share the same existence, but are now seperate entities from what i am understanding.

Unless you can give me proof, they share some kind of connection between each other then no, it isn't Acausality.

'Also i'm not being rude.

I'm just poiting out the fact that you are giving inaccurate info into the profile and don't want to cooperate in improving it.' u literally just said u were. dont say things if u dont actually mean it.

no im not. ive defended the info in this thread, and im always up 2 cooperate in improving it. ur blaming things on me.

That was to my previous post as in the one above Zany post.

Defended? How? Everything you have claimed has no proof for it. Be it Type 5 Immortality, or resistance. And the info you gave just now for Acausality is wrong.

@zany: wtf? i never agreed 2 u removing the part about fate and time manipulation. dont remove things that i gave reasons to please. dont remove things in general

>bro did u read what i said? his resurrection survived it so its resistance 2 me. it prevents people from saying that sumthing rin survived can kill him, so again, no.

He got affected by it. Its "effect" of killing Rin happened. He just came back from life via his resurrection.

It's clearly different from resistance.

@alrf: ??

everything i claimed has so proof 2 it huh. well thats just wrong. resistance, as in the resurrection of the character isnt affected by such powers. and no it wasnt.

Those abilities are still there, nothing got removed.So calm down

Anyway, what is the reason for his fate and time manipulation?

'He got affected by it. Its "effect" of killing Rin happened. He just came back from life via his resurrection.

It's clearly different from resistance.'

so he didnt get affected by it as his resurrection can bring him back. its resistance in the definition. u should look that up.

No, it's not resistance.

Him having resurrection to bypass his death doesn't grant him resistance.

For exemple: "X" is suddenly hit by a spear that has the effect of killing anything that hits. He is resisting the effect of this spear which is "Death Manipulation"

"Y" on the other hand dies, but comes back via resurrection. It IS not resistance, as they work completely different

If resurrection brought him back then he needs to be affected by it in the first place. If he's got resistance to it then he would just shrug off the effects of that ability

@thesandman

im talking with literally multiple ppl right now so ill do that eventually. i cant do multiple things at once. and i asked him to not remove it, i edited it bc i saw he didnt remove it.

Kuularne said:
so his resurrection bypasses it. he resists it bc of resurrection. resistance. yes it is resistance.
If you burnt a chicken to death with a flamethrower and it respawned right afterwards, would the chicken have an immunity to fire? No, it doesn't; it clearly died to the fire, but it has the ability to respawn, so it re-appeared right afterwards. In short, it doesn't resist the fire, but it can respawn should it die to it.

resurrection gives rin resistance 2 it. like i said it prevents ppl from saying smth rin came back from can get rid of him.

No, he clearly dies but comes back from death via resurrection.

Resurrection doesn't mean he has resistance. They are seperate things that work differently.

Kuularne said:
resurrection gives rin resistance 2 it. like i said it prevents ppl from saying smth rin came back from can get rid of him.
Resurrection allows him to come back AFTER he is affected by it. Think of it like this:

X has the ability to resist extreme physical impact (I.E, he doesn't fall down after being hit with an intense, physical strike). He gets rammed into by a bull and he doesn't fall down, he has shown resistance to such effect.

Y has the ability to easily get back up after being hit by an extreme physical impact (I.E, he can get hit by a sledgehammer, but he comes right back up). Y gets rammed into by a bull and is launched backwards, but he gets right back up; he doesn't resist it, unlike X, but he is still fine, identical to X

@zany: i never said it was a physical immunity. the character clearly isnt that physically durable. it cant get rid of rin bc he just resurrects from it. either u would have to note that on the page or list it as resistance, which ofc i prefer.

Kuularne said:
Just think of it as this

If he's got resistance to it then he won't need to resurrect in the first place,the ability shouldnt have killed him

coming back from something isn't the same as resisting.

It is neither resistance nor there is a need to write a note.

lol why isnt there a need 2 right a note? r u reading what im saying? i said this 5 times; it prevents ppl from saying that something can get rid of a character which they have resurrected from.

People would know that from the description of Rin in its resurrection.

Which means even if someone kill Rin via death manipulation, the users would know Rin can come back via resurrection just from the description in the Ability section

Definition of resistance according to Google: the ability not to be affected by something, especially adversely. Definition of resistance according to Vs Battles:

Resistance is the ability to lessen the effectiveness of certain techniques and abilities through whatever means, such as greatly decreasing the potency of Mind Manipulation or nullifying it altogether.

If he died and needed resurrection to come back then that already disqualified him for having resistance.

Did he lessen the effectiveness of that ability? No

Did he nullify it? No

Did he die from it? Yes

he can come back from it but not ignore it

I'm still veeery iffy about it being both Fate and Time considering how Zany explained how it works, which IMO looks like Death Manipulation only.

No, he literally dies.

He just come back to life via his ability.

Wew over 147 replies with no conclusion...

No, it means that Death Manipulation DOES AFFECT HIM, KILL HIM and all that jazz.

He just come back via his ability.

Kuularne said:
how would they know that? and its not just death manipulation, the ritual of time uses 'time and fate'
It's actually death manipulation because the candles represent the "time of life" of an individual (Which would likely imply their current lifespan, or the amount of time they will stay alive for). Since you extinguish the flame on the candle (Which are physical representations of the living creature), you effectively kill them.

Edit: Replying to a comment

ALRF said:
No, he literally dies.

He just come back to life via his ability.

Wew over 147 replies with no conclusion...
We've already reached several various conclusions already, I just bumped it as a means of correcting the abilities already located on his profile and such. It's just that this is being repeatedly looped because we're trying to show Kuularne the reason as to why resurrecting from an ability =/= resisting it with him repeatedly bringing up the same claim.

I am just currently attempting to find the sources for the various abilities listed on Rin's profile and correcting some of them, as I am also pretty iffy about the profile atm.

Did he die?

If he dies and resurrection merely brought him back then no it isn't resistance.

Resurrection means coming back from death if we go by your logic then every resurrection user would have resistance to anything that kills.

no it doesnt, the one that said that is the king of time in the game. 'time of life' implies something more than just biological. 'time of life' 'fate of life' hes the same guy who erased rins time.

Kuularne said:
no it doesnt, the one that said that is the king of time in the game. 'time of life' implies something more than just biological. 'time of life' 'fate of life' hes the same guy who erased rins time.
The "fate manipulation" part comes off of the computer in the room that "Determines the fate of life, by having one turn the corresponding candle on or off" - which is SPECIFICALLY stated by the king of time himself. A good comparison would be a criminal commanding a fellow criminal to execute somebody; he is suggesting to kill them after a conclusion, simple enough.

Let's go power by power as this file is very suspect.

Soul Manipulation- That is not a reason for him to have soul manipulation.

Light Manipulation- Okay.

Darkness Manipulation- Not a reason for it.

Fire Manipulation- Okay

Fate and Time Manipulation- Time Destruction is fine. However, he is not actually manipulating fate with that ability. He's just extinguishing something that holds a person's fate.

Resurrection- Okay

Reality Warping- That's not Reality Warping.

Resistances- Soul need elaboration at this point. Time and Fate seems fine. But I am iffy on them. That's not a resistance to Reality Warping. Life and Death need elaboration.

Can take souls- He was give a soul. He didn't actually take the soul on his ow.

Type 6- It's fine.

wow, mr downgrade hip cool character expert lmao. suspect huh. but ok.

then what

then what

wrong. thats stated by someone who literally is the king of time and manipulates fate too

then what

what? and then what is it? he just manipulated 2 die a lot and comes back

yh ik. and he took it. he took souls 2 times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back