• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rin Type 5 Immortality

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have asked in this thread....

@Dragon Rin already has Resurrection

We have given you reasons to change it. You just aren't listening. Remove Type 5, no matter how you cut it, it is not Type 5.

It doesn't matter. We didn't agree on it.

And Zany wasn't even sure it's type 6

It doesn't matter what they told you on chat. It has to be accepted in a Revision thread first. Heck, your reasoning for Type 6 on said page doesn't even match the requirements.

ill tell them 2 come here then. and that was the reasoning 4 type 5 initially. the characters type 6 bc of reincarnation.

And that reasoning for Type 5 doesn't make sense.

If you are gonna add something, ask us in the thread not people in chat. That's not how we do our Revisions here

@Dragon from what Zany said, every time he dies and uses his ability to resurrect, he comes in another body. So it's kinda vague on what truly is happening

Change the reasoning for Type 6.

People would be confused once they see the explanation

Kuularne said:
no he didnt say that. he can resurrect as rin or in another body optionally.
ALRF said:
@Dragon from what Zany said, every time he dies and uses his ability to resurrect, he comes in another body. So it's kinda vague on what truly is happening
I actually said that Rin can resurrect as the same person if they die without accomplishing the task in a certain reincarnatio. Rin can optionally reincarnate as a different entity with its own specific mission in life (Which is shown in the link I applied to the prior sentence). So Rin can self-resurrect and reincarnate into various other entities.

Also, to note, Rin's resurrection appears to be reliant on the Tree of Life - the entity that is responsible for giving birth to the creatures of the island of Tong-Nou.

Aside from that, Looking at some of the abilities listed on the profile:

Darkness Manipulation (Can kill beings made out of darkness).

I need a video of this happening. If Rin is actually physically harming beings that are actually made out of darkness (In this case, intangible entities), that means he has the ability to hurt intangible entities rather than Darkness manipulation.

Fate Manipulation, Time Manipulation (can perform the Ritual of Time where he can shut off persons fate of life by extinguishing their candle of time with the Water of Dreaming. Ka-gyou directly said that it deletes time)

This is most likely Death Manipulation; a burning candle in the land of time is a physical representation of a creature's lives. If Rin extinguishes a candle, he is effectively killing them. He shouldn't have a resistance to Death Manipulation, as he still dies to performing this actio (Which was, ironcially, one of the creature's missions in life), and the two other abilities regarding this action should be removed.

Resistance to Reality warping (Resurrects from time getting deleted, killing another literal form of himself did nothing, two times)

I need a video of what happened prior to that message showing before I can say anything about this part.

Though, for the 'killing another literal form of himself did nothing' part; Rin can reincarnate into other entities that he - while he was resurrected into another entity - has previously affected (In this case, he can turn into a guard prior to being killed by Rin while reincarnated into Byou, or an ant that he fed to the Tree of Life. This probably ties in with his type-6 immortality and/or resurrection.

So there are still some iffy parts?

Anyhow the Darkness Manipulation and its reasoning is really weird and wrong.

Dunno about Fate and Time Manipulation but Zany seems to make sense to me

if she destroyed the future im certain rin could survive that considering his resurrection doesnt seem 2 be bound by time at all

@zany: rin can resurrect at the end of the game so no

'Also, to note, Rin's resurrection appears to be reliant on the Tree of Life - the entity that is responsible for giving birth to the creatures of the island of Tong-Nou.' no it isnt, so ur wrong.

'I need a video of this happening. If Rin is actually physically harming beings that are actually made out of darkness (In this case, intangible entities), that means he has the ability to hurt intangible entities rather than Darkness manipulation.' then edit that in urself. in chu teng he fights darkness beings all the time.

'This is most likely Death Manipulation; a burning candle in the land of time is a physical representation of a creature's lives. If Rin extinguishes a candle, he is effectively killing them. He shouldn't have a resistance to Death Manipulation, as he still dies to performing this action (Which was, ironcially, one of the creature's missions in life), and the two other abilities regarding this action should be removed.' its not. it literally talks about fate and time and erasing time but u ignored me. the other abilities shouldnt be removed bc its not physical. and i know he died from it lmao. the resistance is him resurrecting. literally called the land of time.

'I need a video of what happened prior to that message showing before I can say anything about this part.' y? lol

'Though, for the 'killing another literal form of himself did nothing' part; Rin can reincarnate into other entities that he - while he was resurrected into another entity - has previously affected (In this case, he can turn into a guard prior to being killed by Rin while reincarnated into Byou, or an ant that he fed to the Tree of Life. This probably ties in with his type-6 immortality and/or resurrection.' ur killing another version of urself. that sounds more than resurrection 2 me, acausality as well right? i wanted 2 add that as well.

stop assuming things based on weird quotes

Don't quote large walls of text please, makes the thread more laggy.

No don't add any additional powers without the approval of others

Because that's how it is done here, you have to see and wait for other to approve of adding specific abilities, especially when it comes to such things.

No offense, but you added Type 5 Immortality when nothing literally hinted at it being Type 5 so it's normal for me to be warry of adding Acausality.

i never ever saw that. no idea that admins and staff broke that rule

i just literally said the character killed another version of themselves 2 times. also, the ending hinted at it 4 me.

>'Also, to note, Rin's resurrection appears to be reliant on the Tree of Life - the entity that is responsible for giving birth to the creatures of the island of Tong-Nou.' no it isnt, so ur wrong.

If he is wrong, give proof that he is wrong, don't just handwave his arguments just by saying "your wrong cause it's not right". You have to give proof to your claims.

>'I need a video of this happening. If Rin is actually physically harming beings that are actually made out of darkness (In this case, intangible entities), that means he has the ability to hurt intangible entities rather than Darkness manipulation.' then edit that in urself. in chu teng he fights darkness beings all the time.

YOU made the profile and YOU made it like that. Zany is just telling you what the right power should be, not something false like you did. It looks rude to me that you tell him "Go edit that yourself" when you should thank him for pointing out mistakes like these.

>This is most likely Death Manipulation; a burning candle in the land of time is a physical representation of a creature's lives. If Rin extinguishes a candle, he is effectively killing them. He shouldn't have a resistance to Death Manipulation, as he still dies to performing this action (Which was, ironcially, one of the creature's missions in life), and the two other abilities regarding this action should be removed.' its not. it literally talks about fate and time and erasing time but u ignored me. the other abilities shouldnt be removed bc its not physical. and i know he died from it lmao. the resistance is him resurrecting. literally called the land of time.

Wait so you added resistance to the profile because he resurrects? not because he resists the effect? then it's not resistance. Also it looks like Death Manipulation to me.

>'I need a video of what happened prior to that message showing before I can say anything about this part.' y? lol

Because he wants to be sure on what he is gonna talk about?

>'Though, for the 'killing another literal form of himself did nothing' part; Rin can reincarnate into other entities that he - while he was resurrected into another entity - has previously affected (In this case, he can turn into a guard prior to being killed by Rin while reincarnated into Byou, or an ant that he fed to the Tree of Life. This probably ties in with his type-6 immortality and/or resurrection.' ur killing another version of urself. that sounds more than resurrection 2 me, acausality as well right? i wanted 2 add that as well.

I'm gonna wait for Zany to comment on this.

ALRF said:
I personally forgot why I wanted the video again, I think it was something regarding the reincarnation thing until (That being right now) I noticed that the tree of life specifically generates life by spawning creatures out of little, red drops. This is still Rin resurrecting, from what I know (Unless I am wrong or anything).

I might conclude that Rin reincarnating into an ant that he recently killed within the events of the game is identical to reliving someone having a cheeseburger stolen from them. The same events happen, it's just through a different perspective. I'm honestly a bit baffled on this part, personally, so I think more input would be needed (To define if this is a specific ability). From what I can only guess, this isn't acausality due to the exact reasons I mentioned (Rin views the events from the perspective of a different entity in which another entity - which he was reincarnated into at one point - had killed).

Code:
Acausality would be if Rin was unaffected by his mother being choked to death with a chicken nugget with the intent to prevent him from being born (Which, of course, never happened in the game, obviously).

@alrf: 'If he is wrong, give proof that he is wrong, don't just handwave his arguments just by saying "your wrong cause it's not right". You have to give proof to your claims.'

ive actually played the game and watched the entire playthru, no thx.

'YOU made the profile and YOU made it like that. Zany is just telling you what the right power should be, not something false like you did. It looks rude to me that you tell him "Go edit that yourself" when you should thank him for pointing out mistakes like these.'

ur literally being rude now and posting a multi paragraph post when i just woke up against a page i have poured multiple hours into would leave me disgruntled, yes. and idc, he can edit it himself if he wants.

'Wait so you added resistance to the profile because he resurrects? not because he resists the effect? then it's not resistance. Also it looks like Death Manipulation to me.'

wot? he resurrects from it. it means his resurrection works against it, and it resists it. and its not, ive actually seen most of the game, so that last part means nothing. btw u r rude to me all the time, as is a lot of the staff. ppl r rude on the internet.

'Because he wants to be sure on what he is gonna talk about?' ok?

seems like ur just trying 2 insert urself in the conversation

@zany: I noticed that the tree of life specifically generates life by spawning creatures out of little, red drops. This is still Rin resurrecting, from what I know (Unless I am wrong or anything). um, what? hes not connected 2 the tree of life since hes no even from tong nou.

'I might conclude that Rin reincarnating into an ant that he recently killed within the events of the game is identical to reliving someone having a cheeseburger stolen from them. The same events happen, it's just through a different perspective. ' he kills another versions of himself 2 times. like, directly. it sounds like acausality to me. that would be a paradox

I don't know anything about this character but:

'ive' actually played the game and watched the entire 'playthru', no thx.

Nobody said you didn't.You're debating against someone who hasn't played it, you need to give proof so that others can evaluate the feat and judge it for themselves

No one is going to believe you if you're just full of claims but no proof.

simply saying "no u r wrong" or "I've played it, therefore I'm right" won't cut it

um, what? hes not connected 2 the tree of life since hes not even from tong nou.

What does this image show?

Treelife

It shows one of Rin's reincarnations being born at the location of the tree of life, with the phrase "All life forms are born from it" depicted below. What does "not being connected to the tree of life" have to do with his resurrection if he is clearly shown being born from the tree itself?

he kills another versions of himself 2 times. like, directly. it sounds like acausality to me. that would be a paradox

He kills an entity that is not related to himself, but then he relives the event that the entity goes through (Being killed) in that same time period. Personally, this sounds more clairvoyance, now that I think about it (He views an event through someone else's eyes).

>ive actually played the game and watched the entire playthru, no thx.

Yeah no you playing the game means shit if you cannot give proof to your claims. Sorry if this sound rude but it's the truth.

>wot? he resurrects from it. it means his resurrection works against it, and it resists it. and its not, ive actually seen most of the game, so that last part means nothing. btw u r rude to me all the time, as is a lot of the staff. ppl r rude on the internet.

No. He doesn't resist it, in fact he is "affected" by the ability, he only comes back due to his resurrection, that doesn't mean he can resist it since it works on him and show no sign of resisting it. Being resurrected =/= Having resistance

It's like giving Resistance to Existence Erasure to everyone who have Mid-Godly which is not how it works.

>ok? seems like ur just trying 2 insert urself in the conversatio

The profile here is inaccurate, and it should be corrected. That's why i'm "inserting myself in this conversation"

Also i'm not being rude.

I'm just poiting out the fact that you are giving inaccurate info into the profile and don't want to cooperate in improving it.

'It shows one of Rin's reincarnations being born at the location of the tree of life, with the phrase "All life forms are born from it" depicted below. What does "not being connected to the tree of life" have to do with his resurrection if he is clearly shown being born from the tree itself?'

rin is not from tong nou. its clearly not connected 2 the tree.

'He kills an entity that is not related to himself, but then he relives the event that the entity goes through (Being killed) in that same time period. Personally, this sounds more clairvoyance, now that I think about it (He views an event through someone else's eyes).'

its another version of himself. putting it that way is wrong. he kills two other versions of himself and isnt effected. it still sounds like acausality 2 me. its not how reincarnation works. seems like ur just trying 2 make things low end.

So, going by what has been suggested so far, the powers and abilities would look like this:

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Light Manipulation (Has various weapons that utilize light to attack), Death Manipulation (can perform the Ritual of Time where he can shut off persons fate of life by extinguishing their candle of time by dousing it with the water of dreaming. The candles are implied to be physical representations a creature's life and - should one be extinguished - will end their life), high level Resurrection (Can reincarnate into the same creature they died as if they fail to accomplish their mission in life repeatedly until they manage to accomplish said mission), Resistance to Soul Manipulation (Can temporarily live without a soul, but will weaken and die of emptiness after a period of time), Immortality (Type 6, can reincarnate into different monsters as well as resurrect; at the end of the game, it is said that his journey will literally never end and that he can't die - which implies that he will continue reincarnating as different creatures and performing various tasks that those creature's lives are tied to)

I also removed a couple of the things listed in the powers & abilities part, given there was nothing to source it. I would personally like a source for Rin being able to emit enough light to damage objects and him being able to harm entities created out of darkness (Preferably a video) in order to provide evidence of such feats in the first place.

Edit: Replying to kuularne's comment.

rin is not from tong nou. its clearly not connected 2 the tree.

Refer to my previous statement, he (In one of his reincarnations) is shown being spawned from the Tree of Life, and it is stated that all life forms are born from it.

its another version of himself. putting it that way is wrong. he kills two other versions of himself and isnt effected. it still sounds like acausality 2 me. its not how reincarnation works. seems like ur just trying 2 make things low end.

He's reliving an event in the perspective of another creature - in this case, he's reliving the act of being thrown into the gullet of the tree of life as an ant. The same exact events happen at the same exact time, but from the view of a different entity.

'Yeah no you playing the game means shit if you cannot give proof to your claims. Sorry if this sound rude but it's the truth.'

when did i say i couldnt? i said that i know more than u about the game and i do. and yh it does sound rude. its called being on the internet.

'No. He doesn't resist it, in fact he is "affected" by the ability, he only comes back due to his resurrection, that doesn't mean he can resist it since it works on him and show no sign of resisting it. Being resurrected =/= Having resistance'

bro did u read what i said? his resurrection survived it so its resistance 2 me. it prevents people from saying that sumthing rin survived can kill him, so again, no.

'The profile here is inaccurate, and it should be corrected. That's why i'm "inserting myself in this conversation" '

u still clearly dont know about the game or anything so i can say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back