• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While yes, the cultivation-fleshy body and soul are connected, suppression one doesn't suppress the other two because otherwise, those at Core Formation could kill Nascent cultivators once their fleshly bodies are destroyed but no, they still have their full power but don't have the additional protection for soul. You can see it in the novel as no Core Formation was even thinking of attacking them as they run as souls from others or fought in that state.

He got suppressed in cultivation base, not the soul.

@ Zaratthustra

Fleshly Body =/= Cultivation Base

Actually it's even outright stated that the Fleshly Body needs to be improved seperately.

You were talking about the connection between fleshly body and cultivation base, which is irrelevant to the question of how soul and cultivation base are connected.

Considering Nascent Soul Stage is a cultivation stage by itself, is proof that the soul itself is part of the cultivation process, which means suppressing the cultivation base also suppresses the soul.

Don't quite remember if eternal statum protects Meng Hao from such an occurance or not, but eternal stratum is a very exceptionally special hax that doesn't scale to anyone stronger than him just for being stronger than him.

Never stated that Eternal Statum scale for anyone else excluding Meng Hao. I didn't even use for anyone else. I just used it for Meng Hao Regenerationn, nothing more and nothing less.

Well yea. I mean if it would then anyone could resist his time sword, which is evidently not the case. IIRC even the father of the guy that Meng Hao sort of substituted in that half-dream-half-timetravel sequence was at one of the highest cultivation stages (Ancestor Stage, I think?) and even that individual did not have true Type 1 Immortality and simply died from his lifespan running out, because of the limits set by the "Heavens of Ji" (or was it the family before Ji took over? I don't quite remember).

So what I am saying is that Meng Hao shouldn't be used as an example for the general hax level of his verse, not just in regards to soul hax. Likewise for "power mechanics".

Meng's foster father was in the Quasi-Dao Realm, so his longevity was severely limited as a result.

It is said that people in the Dao Realm have infinite longevity, although I'm not too sure about that.

Yea, I think anyone below Dao Realm definitly has a limited longevity though. Meng Hao's eternal stratum makes him an exception in that regard.

It was limited not by Heaven of Ji, but by Lord Li who restricted the Heavens and all being had a finite lifetime. But Ji Tian didn't like that and that's who the war started in primordial times. Now, with Ji as the Heaven, it's again infinite.

Never said he's the general hax level, I said that even those fodders from Foundation Establishment on have resistance to soul hax. Every Realm is a qualitative change.

"The gap between the Foundation Establishment stage and the Qi Condensation stage is like that between the sky and the ground and is something that will never change. With the exception of some unexpected event which goes against the will of the Heavens, it would be impossible for someone of the Qi Condensation stage to kill someone of the Foundation Establishment stage.

A contest between the two would be like a fight between an infant and a strong man. Even if the strong man were weakened somehow, he could still slay the infant with the movement of a hand."

Yeah, Meng could attack Discarnate Souls even at Foundation Establishment. Everyone there has a bit of soul resistance, even before Nascent Soul.

@Zara You've completely ignored the part where if Rimuru can move and react faster than Meng Hao can both move and think/react then any attack that doesn't automatically engage is irrelevant since speed isn't equalized. If Rimuru can seal/absorb him before he can react then none of his abilities come into play until after he is sealed, at which point its already over, because if it takes any amount of time that isn't instantaeous for him to escape then Rimuru has enough time to analyze his skills and obtain them for himself. (He'll also be analyzing him while rushing him) All of these powers and hax don't mean anything if Rimuru has the ability to move and react faster than Meng Hao can react/think. If is his reaction speed is at FTL+, then even in unstopped time, Rimuru has a significantly faster reaction speed, and can come up with a plan and execute it before he can even react to think to activate his skills/attacks.

MayTheyCry said:
I'll be honest... there's no way Rimuru could ever win against Meng Hao with how much plot armor Meng Hao has.
All main characters have plot armor, because without it 98% percent of them will die early. Meng Hao has too but at least he worked for the power he had. Rimuru has better one as he didn't work too much for all his power or had sad things happen to him every arc.

@InfiniteSped, Yeah he may have one or remember that he learned one. Joking. If you remember when he went back in time on primordial times, he learned all 3000 Daoist Magics from the Demon Pagonda. Even if he displayed like 1% of it, he still know them all.

256 posts already? Can't wait for [insert Shinza Bansho/Masadaverse] vs Meng Hao, especially Reinhard.

As for the thread it seems that this is the fight of "no u!" hax to no ends with one side coming up with some shit to counter the other.

Inconclusive.

DragonEmperor23 said:
It says Stellar on the vs page.
Stellar for all things, but Karma is hax, it's doesn't matter the range. You can have a higher range with hax or a specific ability than you normally have.
You can't say it 1-C when it is rated unknown currently. Also, being able to Higher D space doesn't mean he can affect imaginary space or lower D without feat.

I think what Elizhaa meant here is that having the best telescope in the world doesn't really help with stuff that needs a microscope.

The "type" is different. Ji Nineteen is "higher up" (telescope) while Rimuru is well hidden instead (microscope). It's not a range issue.

And regardless, in this case, the karma stuff worked in circumstances where Ji Nineteen already did karma stuff of his own against Meng Hao, paving a connection just waiting to be reversed. It does not neccessarily mean that Meng Hao could just recreate the scenario in question with just the existence of Karma strings alone, even less so against someone who not only can disconnect similar such connections by will, but also got Fate Manipulation Resistance.

Yeah, but by tiering logic Higher Dimensions are automatically infinitely superior to smaller ones. A 3D being able to get into a Higher dimension would easily be able to get to a 3D dimension.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Yeah, but by tiering logic Higher Dimensions are automatically infinitely superior to smaller ones. A 3D being able to get into a Higher dimension would easily be able to get to a 3D dimension.
Feats still matter otherwise it is just speculation to say he can affect Imaginary Space, Dragon.

And said "feat" basically consists of the opponent serving himself up on a silver platter by opening up a connection himself. It does not in any way indicate that Meng Hao could create such a connection from "lower space" on his own.

At best this means that if Rimuru did some sort of direct attack from his imaginary space, then Meng Hao could perhaps counter hax that. But I don't think Rimuru can even do such a thing even if he wanted to.

And now that I think about it, Rimuru could probably just absorb any attacks, magic, magic weapons or the like, and perhaps even the Karma strings themselves.

Higher Dimension > Normal Dimension

Accessing a Higher Dimension > Accessing Dimension

" And said "feat" basically consists of the opponent serving himself up on a silver platter by opening up a connection himself. It does not in any way indicate that Meng Hao could create such a connection from "lower space" on his own. "

Can you give a scan of the feat?

DragonEmperor23 said:
Higher Dimension > Normal Dimension

Accessing a Higher Dimension > Accessing Dimension

" And said "feat" basically consists of the opponent serving himself up on a silver platter by opening up a connection himself. It does not in any way indicate that Meng Hao could create such a connection from "lower space" on his own. "

Can you give a scan of the feat?
You are the one who said that he can affect Imaginary Space because he has Higher-Dimensional Manipulation when I explained this is not how it work if he never had the feat. You should be given me the feats to show he can as the burden of proof is you, Dragon.

To absorb the Karma String would first be for him to know they exist and to if he had something so potent then it would mean Rimuru would be 1-A as he transcends and is above the Karma.

The Karma threads are formed the moment they come in contact even if it's a clone, for that brief moment it forms Karma between Meng and Rimuru.

It's not forms Karma just for the clone, but to the real one.

He sure can't absorb something as potent as Karma Annihilation or Severing. Don't forget it was potent enough that even Meng Hao parents were being affected and they are Immortal Realm (Mother) and 1-Essence Dao Realm (Father). Rimuru sure won't survive something as potent as this.

Zaratthustra, you can't used a tier not on the profiles for debates like Celestial Pegasus stated.

Elizhaa said:
Besides the ability needed to affect Rimuru's Imaginary Space is Spatial Manipulation with the feat of affect Imaginary space not Higher-Dimensional Manipulation
If Higher-Dimensional Manipulation is the ability to manipulate greater spatial and temporal dimensions' 'than 3-D space, such as 4-D space and above.

And Spatial Manipulation is the ability to warp, bend, flip, crush, and control space.

Then Higher-Dimensional Manipulation should be infinitely superior to Spatial Manipulation would it not?

Elizhaa said:
Zaratthustra, you can't used a tier not on the profiles for debates like Celestial Pegasus stated.
Do you see me saying anything about tier? I said just how potent his Karma is.

And if you talk about 1-A I just said, read once again. I said " if he had something so potent then it would mean Rimuru would be 1-A as he transcends and is above the Karma". I was talking about Rimuru not Meng Hao.

I really like that some of you instantly jump at a conclusion without understanding it.

Zaratthustra said:
Elizhaa said:
Do you see me saying anything about tier? I said just how potent his Karma is.
And if you talk about 1-A I just said, read once again. I said " if he had something so potent then it would mean Rimuru would be 1-A as he transcends and is above the Karma". I was talking about Rimuru not Meng Hao.

I really like that some of you instantly jump at a conclusion without understanding it.
Your arguments basically suggest s that Men Hao might have 1-A equipment that is not listed on his profile nor his tirs.

Where did I talk about 1-A equipment in today posts? I didn't even insinuate Meng Hao of being 1-A in this key. I said about Rimuru being 1-A if he could absorb the Karmic Threads.

Where is that 1-A equipment in those last posts? please show it to me when I said that in today posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back