• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rick Sanchez vs. Doctor Strange (Rematch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are glass cannons so both can kill the other.

You know what, I'll change my vote to inconclusive, since both are more than capable of putting the other done, but neither can survive the others abiliites.

Oh, didn't notice his profile got updated.

Changing vote to Steve for meseos reasons. Maybe Bill cipher would be a better fight due to his upgrades.

It's fine, I apologize if I come across as rude. I thought you were ignoring stats on purpose

Strange without forcefield has Street level durability. With his forcefield that he fights with is Low 2-C. Which is specified on the thread.

EDIT: Ninja'd in regards to this ^

Now I don't see much to suggest Rick's tech itself has Low 2-C defense, or that he can physically resist Strange's hax. I'm voting for Dr. Strange.

No problem and happy you feel that way :)

LoyalservantofInti said:
Also, nitpick, this isn't the ultimate battle between science and magic. That would be downstreamers VS Umineko witches.

Nah the First heaven technology on Masadaverse is responsible to create the Throne(1-A) and despite they can create 1-A object it's nothing more than a failed technology...

Take that downstreamers!

First of all, this thread is too long for me to read it all so I'm not going to.

Anyway, I typed out a massive reply, but now I've decided to simplify it.

Rick Sanchez is a supergenius of all supergeniuses. This entire fight, and any fight involving him, completely depends on prep-time and what tools he's allowed to take with him, and what he knows about his opponent.

Rick Sanchez can build something to counter literally anything. There's not feats of strength to show this, but it's a concept very obviously shown in the show. He can do anything if he has prep time and foresight.

So this really depends on the circumstances of the fight. If you just abduct him from his universe to randomly fight Dr. Strange, well he won't have any of his tools then. He'll have his portal gun, a laser blaster, and maybe a few miscellaneous wacky gadgets. Rick has no superpowers other than his intelligence - without preparation, just about any superhero can beat him.

With prep-time though? And especially knowing his opponent before hand in any meaningful way? Yeah, Rick can defeat literally anyone in any Tier lower than 1A IMHO. I'm pretty sure he could destroy the entire hyperverse if he wanted to. I say Tier 1A because 1A is the Outerverse, where the laws of reality end, and I think his intelligence loses it's usefulness at that point.

But I say that anything below Tier 1A, Rick Sanchez can beat it if given prep-time. Rick is the smartest being in the universe, possibly the mulitverse (outsmarts alternate-dimension Ricks), he could probably grant himself any superpower he wants if that's what he wanted to do.

Clearly that's too powerful. So, maybe you could say okay, well he can use every tool he's been shown using so far in the show? Well in that case he could freeze time and blow-up Dr. Stange with a neutrino-bomb while he casually shows himself the door using his portal gun, or if that wouldn't work he'd just invent something while time is frozen. Unless freeze-time doesn't work on Strange, in which case there's like, a million more thing I can think of that could happen because of Rick's ridiculous arsenal, and that's just shit that's been shown in the show so far, he's implied to be able to build literally anything.

My end point is:

With preparation, Rick Sanchez can beat anyone lower than Tier 1A/Outerverse level, IMHO. Anyone bound by the lays of reality or physics in any way, Rick can figure out how to defeat them and create a device or ability to do so. 1A and above are beyond him because they're beyond the Hyperverse and all laws of physics or reality - so his intelligence isn't really useful anymore at that point.

Without preparation, Rick Sanchez is hardly more than just a squishy human who could be killed by pretty much anyone that can survive his ray guns and portal gun. He could easily flee or teleport his opponent to another dimension, but I'm not sure if you'd call that "victory". So it also depends on the terms of victory, I suppose.

Without preparation, Rick is pretty much just an armed human. To see how he fights without preparation, just watch the time he and morty were stranded on the purge world, or when Tammy and the Federation did their attack. Rick did a few cool things, but defeating a few goons was about all he could manage. Here, watch this video to get an idea, this is where he teleported a few enemies to another dimension (well, that's an assumption, I guess it could've just vaporized them - point being, it got rid of them): https://youtu.be/my3LlkGDm94?t=9m17s That gives you an idea of what he can do without preparation. Admittedly, not a lot. He has his ray gun, a portal gun, and a few wacky gizmos usually. Other than that he usually gets out of sticky situations through bluffs and toying with people's psychology actually (like this scene: https://youtu.be/rE0KvG0IvGA?t=7m50s - he uses a bluff to get by, also a good example of one his silly gadget things). So yeah..

TL;DR:

Rick Sanchez with prep = God

Rick Sanchez without prep = Just an armed human who's ya know, pretty smart and stuff.

So who wins depends entirely on the terms of the fight and stuff. Like, entirely on that.

If he was caught unarmed against someone like Strange, I think Rick would just attempt to escape and live to fight another day - Rick is smart enough to know who he can take and who he can't. If he can't do that then he's likely screwed, unless he just happnes to be lucky enough that he had an item on him that could beat strange just by sheer plot armor and coinceidence.

But fully armed and ready? Literally everyone's beat aside from the strongest of the strong in this Wiki. Hi intelligence makes all their powers redundant because he can just invent a counter.

Just my thoughts though.

With preparation, Rick Sanchez can beat anyone lower than Tier 1A/Outerverse level, IMHO.

So apparently IMHO is the Tiering system.

@Alexander Moore

Thats like saying that Saitama is Universe level because he was portrayed as the strongest and his punch is like a big bang. Rick is a supergenius and can invent some pretty impressive stuff, but his inventions still work under the laws of physics, which have no meaning in stranges presence. And whithout any feat that proves the difference, this argument that Rick can beat anyone lower than 1-A (even if his universe feat just comes from word of god, which are mostly hyperboles) is not valid. He never encountered cosmic entities and just from how he was portrayed in the show he just seems to be a galaxy threat.

Well IMHO Saitama is banned from discussions because of him being a parody and his implied strength being infinite and what not. Wasn't he banned from being discussed anymore ages ago for these reasons? I know the creator jokingly said that Saitama has a "one-bang punch" that can casually blow-up the universe or whatever, and his fans take that as gospel or something. Yeah, someone like that is banned from being discussed.

Ricks abilities are just highly implied. If he can only use what he's already invented in the show, then I guess if things like time-freeze and mind-transfter etc etc couldn't defeat strange then Strange wins.

Gosh, ya know it's really hard to talk about who wins in a battle between fictional characters. In a way I find the versus thing ridiculous because different universes have different laws of physics and because they're all fictional the creator could always just come up with things, and the fact that many strengths are implied rather than actually shown. For example most DBZ characters strength is just implied and never really shown (Cell claims he can destroy a galaxy, yeah I doubt that but DBZ fans don't challenge it because he said it and stuff). Power levels are obviously bullshit the more you watch the show so you start to not care anymore.

You can only really know who wins by getting the authors of the comics/mangas/anime/etc to collaborate on a crossover episode. Ya know - because in the end it's their characters and their universe and they can do what they want with them. Shit like plot-armor and stuff exists which just nullifies all logic (god forbid you ever have battles with Bleach characters or something..yeesh). It's fantasy, kinda silly to try to rationalize it in the end. That's why I only rarely entertain the idea of participating in these threads.

Time and mind hax is some of strange best feats, also we have this thing call Fallacy.

Also we don't use author personal opinions to decide who is the strongest, since you know some author(like fanboy) is really just want their verse to be the strongest no matter what.

Well the Itachi example doesn't really compare to Rick who actually has intellect that overcomes all, rather than Itachi just making a statement that nobody without a mangeyoku can beat him.

I'll also return to you the Fallacy Fallacy listed just below it.

In the end, Rick is only strong at all because of his NLF. I mean with the things he's shown in the show so far..yeah he has a few cool things going for him, but that's about it. High-Level Superheroes can overcome the things he's done so far. I would assume Superman and Batman can both resist mind control as well, and I know Superman probably wouldn't be killed by a neutrino bomb or anything. Rick could only attempt to teleport them away or something, and whether or not that's a "victory" is entirely subjective.

Anyyyyway. Okay, well if we're only working with what he's done in the show so far, if Strange can break out of time freezing, being mindjacked, or any alterations to his body (if Rick can't just distinigrate him or something), then Strange wins. Rick would have to come up with a method specifically designed to defeat Strange but that seems to be against the rules here.

Oh, and that NLF thing really points out what I was talking about earlier and what I meant by it being silly to pit two characters from different universes against each other. In addition to the fact that different universes abide by different laws of physics I mean, which is a huge problem all on it's own.

Really everything is limited to the writier, the universe he's invented, and his imagination. You'd only get a real answer if you got authors to collaborate.

Because they own the canon. The characters are fictional and so anything can happen just because the writers say so. Everything else is just fandom bickering.

Sorry if that statement seems a bit anti-versus-wiki though, don't mean to pick a fight with the community or anything. I really do think it's all rather pointless though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back