• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising Saitamas AP

RavenSupreme

VS Battles
Retired
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Saitama

Saitama currently hangs at Multi Continental level with added "likely at least Planet level" scaling off Boros.

Boros however in the redrawn manga has never displayed a planet level feat as well as never stated to level the planet itself - but rather only the surface of it

http://b.*************/store/manga/11912/035.2/compressed/sonepunch-man-5058939.jpg?v=1405473789

the only time where a questionable "planet level" statement appears is in the original webcomic

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11122/111227367/4534479-simg000010.jpg

however in the webcomic boros never kicks saitama to the moon (making the relativistic calc questionable)

and boros final attack only was stated to wipe saitama off the planet. not the surface of the planet itself, let alone busting the planet, which heavily contradicts the actual name

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/12688/040.0/compressed/l007.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/12688/040.0/compressed/l008.jpg

on top, saitama and boros final clash causes only a small shockwave (making the multi continental calc questionable)

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/12688/040.0/compressed/l009.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/12688/040.0/compressed/l010.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/12688/040.0/compressed/l011.jpg

---

now i do acknowledge that the redrawn manga is the main source of canon material, meaning i do not want to question the moon feat or the multi continental feat.

the "likely at least planet level" addition in his profile however absolutely contradicts with every depiction in the story and leads to an inflated complete 2 tier jump (moon level and small planet level) without anything to justify it, despite saitamas hype (which he ofc. has)

---

i suggest changing the "likely at least planet level" to Unknown

the anime also only has a planet level statement. alongside the hyperbolic black hole statement

can you give me a link to the statement from one? or anyone else maybe?

I don't see what's wrong with a statement from a person who is not arrogant nor has any reason to exaggerate the power of his attack.

because the statement has not happened neither in the manga nor the original webcomic which are the actual canon sources

RavenSupreme said:
because the statement has not happened neither in the manga nor the original webcomic which are the actual canon sources
One is said to have supervised the anime I think, that's why maybe

that does not mean they are responsible for the talk and dialogue scenes between characters. we have 2 canon sources completely developed by murata and one which showcases nothing on that level and gives also no statement regarding that matter.

and we have an anime where we cant say how much one and murata where involved in the actual dialoge scenes which contradicts the canon sources

we also have filler scenes regarding tatsumaki and iffy black hole statements. only because one and murata were involved somehow in the anime does not make these events canon either

You can talk to Azathoth about this, he did the upgrades. I don't have any opinion

However I'm worried if taking 3 different sources will create a continuity error later on...hmm

we basically have the same event with 3 different statements

-> oiriginal webcomic -> no statement for either planet busting or life wiping

-> redrawn manga -> life wiping statement

-> anime -> planet busting statements

yet we somehow take the anime statement for granted despite not even knowing how much exactly one and murata were involved in it, while knowing they have 100 per cent narrative freedom in their forms of canon sources (webcomic and manga)

on top: the manga and webcomic are the ones which will continue, while its not clear how and when the anime will get a second season -> and if the anime then adds new scenes and statements it suddenly would replace the canon continuity from the 2 other source

just like it did here in the first season.

i dont recall an instance where the anime is considered a higher source of canon compared to the manga.

RavenSupreme said:
that does not mean they are responsible for the talk and dialogue scenes between characters. we have 2 canon sources completely developed by murata and one which showcases nothing on that level and gives also no statement regarding that matter.
and we have an anime where we 'cant' say how much one and 'murata' 'where' involved in the actual 'dialoge' scenes which 'contradicts' the canon sources

we also have filler scenes regarding tatsumaki and iffy black hole statements. only because one and murata were involved somehow in the anime does not make these events canon either
This is what I was talking about.

i recall the LN discussion where people argue to disregard the anime as main canon source. yet here it apparently is as if the anime overwrites the manga / webcomic

which is usually not the case, since supervising an anime does not equal being directly involved in every scene in it. whereas the first canon sources (manga/webcomic) can rely on the 100 / involvement in every scene from the authors

I'm gonna have to agree with RavenSupreme on this one. The wc and manga are the primary sources since they are the ones that ONE and Murata did with full control.

The anime on the other hand, they'd have to share and exchange opinions with other people who are not the 'god' in 'word of god'. Also, it directly contradicts the original sources apparently.

I believe I saw a reddit thread with a statement from ONE saying that Boros could indeed destroy the planet. I think it was like a databook or something? if someone could confirm OPM has a databook that would be good

a "possible" planet level is something i can settle on given the circumstances of the verser

the databook link would be helpful too

Ruin? Incredibly vague, so the possible rating may be best. Technically anyone Multi-continental and higher can "ruin the Earth".

Google translation is probably safer to use as a source than reddit as well...

It says in the Reddit thread that the databook uses both "Erase the Earth/Shave the Earth" and "an attack able to destroy the earth." Given that this databook was made with ONE's permission, that makes the planet statement highly canon. The anime statement in and of itself means little in comparison to this databook.

The statement would allow a "possible planet level according to authors statement"

I still take it with a grain of salt since we don't have a complete accurate translation and author statements as well as reddit translations are always to be taken with a doubt, when the feats and everything else in the main canon sources absolutely depict it

I remind you on the author statement "Sakura is as strong as BM naruto"

I question authors statements when they don't fit.

RavenSupreme said:
The statement would allow a "possible planet level according to authors statement"
I still take it with a grain of salt since we don't have a complete accurate translation and author statements as well as reddit translations are always to be taken with a doubt, when the feats and everything else in the main canon sources absolutely depict it

I remind you on the author statement "Sakura is as strong as BM naruto"

I question authors statements when they don't fit.
How does it not fit may I ask?

Also, I remember us debating a possible translation error from: Planet busting attack(from the web comic) then it could have been translated as "shave the earth" from the databook that also could have said Planet busting attack. So we were debating between the two and since the Webcomic and Anime both said planet busting and One/Murata were both close in production with the anime we put it as planet.

Because one of the main canon sources (webcomic) still hangs in the city area with maybe hypersonic speed

And the other canon source (redrawn manga) is also still two tiers behind planet level feats. Due to he way OPM plays out I acknowledge the probability of planet level characters but straight out putting them "at least" there, when everything else contradicts it and the Databook statement is translated differently (Shave the eart -> life wiper tier which fits the manga showings / destroy he earth which does not fit the showings at all) We do not take the higher value for granted

RavenSupreme said:
Because one of the main canon sources (webcomic) still hangs in the city area with maybe hypersonic speed
And the other canon source (redrawn manga) is also still two tiers behind planet level feats. Due to he way OPM plays out I acknowledge the probability of planet level characters but straight out putting them "at least" there, when everything else contradicts it and the Databook statement is translated differently (Shave the eart -> life wiper tier which fits the manga showings / destroy he earth which does not fit the showings at all) We do not take the higher value for granted
Alright cool, just wanted to why you thought that. :) However, how is the webcomic in the city area when there was the "planet buster roar cannon" which is at least multi-continental?

The planet buster was the name

And the name of an attack can never be used to determine its tier

The aftermath of the attack was city level. The whole cloud splitting around the globe never happened in the webcomic

Also he "jump from the moon" never happened in the webcomic

And Boros never said he will destroy the earths surface or the earth itself in the webcomic.

As I linked in the OP

RavenSupreme said:
The planet buster was the name
And the name of an attack can never be used to determine its tier

The aftermath of the attack was city level. The whole cloud splitting around the globe never happened in the webcomic

Also he "jump from the moon" never happened in the webcomic

And Boros never said he will destroy the earths surface or the earth itself in the webcomic.

As I linked in the OP
Got ya, that's all we were talking about was the name, we have no idea on the power than cause there was no aftermath from the webcomic correct? But still, the manga itself is a more detailed version of the webcomic since OPM is simply a hobby to ONE since it's not his main series. I don't mind him being at MC for now since he'll be getting huge upgrades in the future especially if he fights "GOD" which a lot of people are speculating. Anyways, I have no idea why Saitama is allowed on here when his entire purpose is to OVER POWER his opponents with sheer strength and he can't do that since almost all fights have to not be a stomp/spite unless hax are involved. He has no techniques besides the ones shown in the fight with Garou until later on. (So excuse my ranting but Saitama should still be banned >.>)

i will leave the thread upon some more time over the day for arguments before making the changes then

Well, a couple things about what you said Raven:

1. ONE blows at drawing. Like, seriously, you can't calculate ANYTHING reliably from his manga, which is why I am assuming you cede the multi-continent thing. However, you can't seriously call it city level when Tatsumaki is probably at least casual Island level in the ONE manga. Recall that she dragged up the entire MA's base to the surface and created a gigantic hill bigger than a city. That's very clearly not city level.

2. There are two statements in the databook that say planet level, with only one translating to "shave the earth." Combined with the manga statement and the fact that the calc is so high, it makes sense.

as i said i have no problem with the multi continental level feats. i just gave the insight that the feat many refer to have never happened in the webcomic. which is a fact, regardless of what happens besides (the difference between island tatsu and multi continent is something to argue over as well, but that doesnt matter here)

2. in the manga however it is never stated that boros would destroy the planet. neither it is in the webcomic. when the databook contradicts itself i even argue how relevant it is in terms of character tiering, since the difference between planet leveling and shaving the earth are massive.

we scrap mangaka statements and in-verse statements on a constant base due to hyperbole or not fitting the storyline. with saitama however this seems not to be the case and the profile gets an unjustified upgrade off a databak which contradicts itself (shaving / destroying) and the statements not even re-appearing in the 2 main canon sources

which is not an appropriate way of character tiering.

Back