• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revenge is sweet sometimes

As much as I wanna say Spinel, Pink takes her indifference one step further and murders her with ease. Spinel isn't faster, she's certainly not stronger, and she lacks experience.

I mean, on rose profile it says she's comparable to garnet. On spinel's profile it says she blizted Garnet amethyst and pearl. Spinel isn't stronger but she has hax that easily give her the win like the rejuvinator. And uh she was Experienced enough to fight almost everyone.

Spider's profile is currently under revision, she didn't so much blitz them as she was able to avoid they're attacks and toy with them due to her rather insane body control and elasticity powers

One, Rose knows Spinel, so she knows what she's capable of, unlike Garnet and co. who were caught off guard by her battle tactics. Two, Rose's Sword is easily capable of poofing Spinel, which can lead to an easy capture via bubble. She only needs one hit in order to take out Spinel, just like Spinel only needs one hit with the Rejuvinator. Also, on the topic of the Rejuvinator, Rose should know about that as well, as Bismuth stated that the Diamonds used them to bring rebellious gems back in back to how they were originally, so she should be familiar with the concept of the Rejuvinator. So, despite the fact that, like Steven, it'll cut through her shields like jello, Rose'll be able to react to it accordingly. And also, Rose's Sword can easily be used to counter it, so she'll have a way of deflecting it away as well as being able to dodge.

And, as Cal said, Rose has a huge battle experience edge over Spinel, and I feel like this, along with all of the aforementioned counters to Spinel's advantages, leads me to believe that Rose will take this in the end, after a very hard-fought battle.

Yeah rose knows Spinel but that dosen't mean she would know her battle tatics. She just knows spinel is made to entertain her and be her best friend. She never saw how she fights and wouldn't expect what she can do. Pearl knew her yet she still was suprised by it. She shouldn't know what a rejuvinator is, she didn't pay attention to most things. She didn't know what didn't even know what half colonizing a world meant or how planets worked so why would she know what an rejuvinator is. And if that's the case then why wouldn't pearl know what it is since she's with rose all the time

Pearl vaguely knew her, though, at best. All she remembered was that she was Pink Diamond's old playmate, and after 6,000 years, she all but forgot about her until she returned. So of course she would be caught off-guard by her actions, if she didn't know her enough to know that. Rose, however, spent a long time playing with her, so she'd know about her cartoonish antics. I'm sure she'd be initially be caught off-guard by the way Spinel uses her powers, but Rose is known for adapting quickly in battles, and again, has much more experience battling other gems than Spinel does.

And I'm not saying that Rose would know exactly what a Rejuvinator is and how it functions. However, since she did tend to hover around the other Diamonds before rebelling, I'm certain she saw it in action at least once. And, even without that, she would likely be able to deflect it regardless, as her skills with a sword would allow her to react appropriately once she sees her shields are useless against it.

I'm not really convinced Spinel would be able to contend with Rose just off the merit of beating the others prior, she is technically competing with a Diamond in the skill department.

I have a vague understanding of the show but I'm not exactly knowledgeable, so could someone explain how Rose's possession works?

It's either from Steven being able to take over Lars' body when he was dreaming about him, or from White Diamond "purifying" all of the gems around her and controlling them like puppets. Probably the former, but I'm not sure.

Either way, possession is not something she does in-character, and for the former, is not practical for the fight at hand.

Just saying, Spinel wouldn't attack Pink Diamond she:

1. Only attacked Steven because he was her son and not Pink Diamond herself

2. Because after 6,000 years, Pink had come and gone and had forgotten her the entire time.

Motivations won't stop this thread from figuring out who would trump who

Considering what Pink Diamond thought of Spinel, I really doubt Pink Diamond's first thought how Spinel moves or why she is so skilled with a scythe.

Pink Diamond: "Hm. That gem looked familiar. What was her name again? ... I want to say it started with an O..."

Back