• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Retsu unohana is currently listed as Large Country + while she should most likely be upgraded to at least multi continental based on her scaling to a later version of Kenpachi that fought up against Gremmy. The Kenpachi that fights gremmy is listed as multi continental.

The Scaling

First of all, she should be atleast relative to a "awakened" kenpachi who is not subconsiously holding back anymore and he has NO EYEPATCH. Kenpachi awakens by the end of their battle and realizes that he truly loves fighting and acknowledges that before he was "asleep" as to mean he was subconsciously suppressed. Although kenpachi was stronger than her, he isnt outclassing her

0526-010.png
0526-011.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

More evidence that she should be relative to an awakened kenpachi.

0525-013.png

Now after establishing that which should be common knowledge. Let's get into why Unohana should scale massively above characters like gremmy.

Eyepatch amps

Kenpachi was fighting Gremmy with his eyepatch on this whole time. Over powering him in base and shikai
0578-010.png

The eyepatch is a hard multiplier to find out, but kenpachi should get a 5-10x power boost from the nnoitra fight because he's relative to base nnoitra and the same when nnoitra uses his ressurection and kenny takes his eyepatch off.

Arrancar resurrections are similar to shinigamis bankai releases. So by this logic kenpachi should get a 5-10x amp

0552-012.png

but in the TYBW he obtained a new eyepatch which in the SAFWY novel, it's stated this new eyepatch drains 10x more than the old one
4478F38F-2C86-40B8-9239-AC5D98457C9C.png

So kenpachi's eyepatch should be a 50-100x amp or atleast a 10x amp if you're only going to use the novel statement and not the resurrection scaling.

Unohana scales to a no eyepatch, awakened kenpachi. This Kenpachi should be 50-100x stronger than the one who fought Gremmy or if you want to be a skeptic. 10 times stronger than the kenpachi that fought Gremmy.

Reatsu increases strength

also here's further evidence that an increase in reatsu is a linear increase in strength

speaking about the Gentei Kaijo
IMG_5142.jpg
IMG_5143.jpg
IMG_5979.png

The upgrades and clarification

Unohana should be upgraded to atleast multi continental based on this line of scaling

kenpachi did not get stronger from the unohana fight to the gremmy fight as there is a small period of time in-between events and Kenpachi almost immediately goes to fight gremmy. Shikai is also not an amp to physical strength but even if it was, base kenpachi was still above gremmy.

The 50-100x amp for the eyepatch wouldn't be considered an outlier. He took the eyepatch off against base yhwach and the fight was offscreen, he never had it on against unohana, and he took it off mid fight with gerard which made an extremely noticeable increase in strength but didnt mean much considering the miracle adapted gerard to his level. So there is no contradiction with the 50x-100x amp as when he takes his eyepatch off he is either off screened or up against someone who can catch up in a moment.

No opinion on the multiplier stuff, but I do agree that Unohana should downscale from Zaraki and scale above Gremmy.

Although, you need to include sources (chapter numbers) for every scan you’re using here.

Although, you need to include sources (chapter numbers) for every scan you’re using here.
Oh ok, I will list chapters for the scans right here.

The top 4 with adult kenny are from chapter 526 and the fight with kid kenny is 525

This page of kenpachi vs gremmy is in chapter 578, kisuke explaining the arrancar resurrections are in 552, and the novel has the page number on it.

the further ones talking about the gentei Kaijo are from 209-210 and the ichigo vs renji fight in the soul society.

I disagree

Zaraki after every death his power grows enormously. And when the last time before he defeated Unohana, She could hardly fight him.
His power had increased immensely and it was unknown how many times. Even with his blindfold on, there's nothing Unohana can scale with Gremmy and Zaraki.

I disagree

Zaraki after every death his power grows enormously. And when the last time before he defeated Unohana, She could hardly fight him.
His power had increased immensely and it was unknown how many times. Even with his blindfold on, there's nothing Unohana can scale with Gremmy and Zaraki.
What???? the scans up there shows fully awakened kenpachi, he doesn't die anymore and his power doesn't grow. This is the last time he awakes and he is still relative to unohana. If he wasnt then he wouldn't have even subconciously suppressed his powers in their first fight, it was only because they were relative that he did so.

He realizes he was suppressed before and claims he's awake right now. The anime actually makes this even more clear and shows how unohana could still keep up

Bankai Unohana ~ Zaraki released base. The same zaraki who fought Gremmy for most of the fight, for now neutral I'll wait for the opinion of more people who know the verse

What???? the scans up there shows fully awakened kenpachi, he doesn't die anymore and his power doesn't grow. This is the last time he awakes and he is still relative to unohana. If he wasnt then he wouldn't have even subconciously suppressed his powers in their first fight, it was only because they were relative that he did so.

He realizes he was suppressed before and claims he's awake right now. The anime actually makes this even more clear and shows how unohana could still keep up

how?

All she could do after he was fully awake was to dodge. She could no longer fight him.

Last edited:
how?

All she could do after he was fully awake was to dodge. She could no longer fight him.
I showed the anime clip where she's able to block and dodge his attacks. A full swing with a lot of force and she blocks it and doesn't get pushed back or anything. The manga is less clear and doesnt show her doing this.

here's the link to the imgur: Unohana rel

I showed the anime clip where she's able to block and dodge his attacks. A full swing with a lot of force and she blocks it and doesn't get pushed back or anything. The manga is less clear and doesnt show her doing this.

here's the link to the imgur: Unohana rel
ok referring to her stats is High 6-A I have no problem.

However, I disagree with her being superior to Gremmy. He was clearly better against Zaraki than Unohana.

I’m neutral on how relative Unohana actually is to a gremmy fight Zaraki with his eye patch on. I’ll wait for more input before agreeing or disagreeing on this but I will add the current wiki has the no eyepatch zaraki that killed Unohana at continental not multi continental. Zaraki does get stronger during every fight go check the Soul physiology page (Souls gain the most Reiryoku when they're placed in life or death scenarios, Reiryoku is the energy used to increase physical stats such as strength/durability and speed) so even without him dying as long as his body perceives him in danger he still gets stronger.

Also shikai is an amp for zaraki atleast and you see that on zaraki profile he gets an increase in power and base zaraki and gremmy are in the same ballpark of power. Each clone gremmy makes doubles his power gremmy made 1 clone to make the meteor that was going to destroy the Seireitei kenpachi cut that meteor half in shikai effortlessly. 7 Gremmy admit that they cannot create anything Kenny can’t cut. Kenny was also able to scrap against 7 Gremmy. Gremmy later states that his imagination came up short against zaraki. So shikai kenpachi had about a 7x power jump from base.

I don’t agree with your multipliers for his eyepatch besides the spafwy statement that zaraki eyepatch absorbs 10x more power than the last one. It’s unquantifiable how much his original actually absorbed and can vary to much that delves to much into fanmade territory, so all we know it’s at-least greater than 10x. Also zaraki fought Royd not yhwach as the real yhwach went to go meet aizen. I would also would hold off on trying to upgrade Unohana because I believe arc has some verse wide revision coming out soon. And the scaling for these characters could be potentially higher.

So overall to be more concise I’m neutral on her scaling above gremmy and disagree about the 50-100x multipliers for his eyepatch. I’m fine with spafwy statement as that was actually a stated multiplier.

Last edited:
ok referring to her stats is High 6-A I have no problem.

However, I disagree with her being superior to Gremmy. He was clearly better against Zaraki than Unohana.
This would make her superior to gremmy, because she fought the same Kenny without the eyepatch. So she should atleast be 10 times stronger than the kenny that fought gremmy. That’s if you lowball it and only use the novel and not any other form of scaling the eyepatch

Zaraki does get stronger after every fight go check the Soul physiology page (Souls gain the most Reiryoku when they're placed in life or death scenarios, Reiryoku is the energy used to increase physical stats such as strength/durability and speed) so even without him dying as long as his body perceives him in danger he still gets stronger.
Would this not be a mid battle boost that is kept after the fight? Kisuke says “if your spirit energy increased, you’d evade the subsequent punches”. So if this boost is in effect to kenpachi, would this not scale to unohana fighting this boosted kenpachi?

Would this not be a mid battle boost that is kept after the fight? Kisuke says “if your spirit energy increased, you’d evade the subsequent punches”. So if this boost is in effect to kenpachi, would this not scale to unohana fighting this boosted kenpachi?
Oops miss worded it but yes I meant to put during not after and that applies to every Soul in Verse not just kenpachi. But I would hold off on the high 6a for unohana because with the verse wide revisions she would be higher and you would have to fix zaraki rating as well because his rating for defeating unohana because he listed as 6A for beating her a lot of other people would have to get upgraded as a result.

This would make her superior to gremmy, because she fought the same Kenny without the eyepatch. So she should atleast be 10 times stronger than the kenny that fought gremmy. That’s if you lowball it and only use the novel and not any other form of scaling the eyepatch
zaraki when he fights unohana he doesn't activate Shikai so I don't think that the distance between 2 power is 10 times and Zaraki gets stronger when fighting so to say that Zaraki when fighting Unohana and Gremmy, ten times the power difference is hard to believe.

Oops miss worded it but yes I meant to put during not after and that applies to every Soul in Verse not just kenpachi. But I would hold off on the high 6a for unohana because with the verse wide revisions she would be higher and you would have to fix zaraki rating as well because his rating for defeating unohana because he listed as 6A for beating her a lot of other people would have to get upgraded as a result.
Ok thank you for clarifying

Unohana was killed by that Kenpachi. I don't agree with her scaling to him.

zaraki when he fights unohana he doesn't activate Shikai so I don't think that the distance between 2 power is 10 times and Zaraki gets stronger when fighting so to say that Zaraki when fighting Unohana and Gremmy, ten times the power difference is hard to believe.
Sure but he is still above 1 Gremmy in base. So unohana should probably need to be 6A. But apparently bleach revisions are coming so we’ll wait

Unohana was killed by that Kenpachi. I don't agree with her scaling to him.
Wait why would that mean she doesn’t scale? She’s clearly relative in speed and is able to block his attacks. She let herself die to pass the title of kenpachi to him.
Since she already awakened his power, that’s all that was left that she needed to do.

In the manga she doesn't. She kills Kenpachi over and over again and then once his true power is unlocked he kills her.
In the manga she still dodges his attacks, also the anime should be a valid source for what happens. She’s able to block his full power swings with relative ease

In the manga she doesn't. She kills Kenpachi over and over again and then once his true power is unlocked he kills her.
As there is no separation between anime and manga, and the facts that happen in the anime do not contradict anything that happened in the manga so far, your statement does not make much sense. Besides, as the colleague above said, unohana had fulfilled its role and main objective, which would be to awaken zaraki and have its final fight with a death in battle.

How about "At least High 6-B, likely High 6-A" for Unohana's ratings?

shouldn't that mean she scales anyways? Since she was still fighting relative to him up until he was at his peak? Not to mention She had a pitched battle with him in the past when he was a Kid and he had access to his full power.

How about "At least High 6-B, likely High 6-A" for Unohana's ratings?
Why not wait until arc does the verse wide revisions for the tybw arc because you have to change several other characters ratings if you move hers up because on zaraki profile he’s listed as 6a for killing unohana the high 6a for being above 7 gremmy clones.

the likely rating could be fair in the meantime unless you feel its more appropriate to completely shelf this for now.

I believe that the arc revisions on tybw will take a while, I'm pretty sure they will wait at least this second cour to release something on the scale of tybw. btw i think the probably high 6-A is ok for now. I believe arc will comment on this thread to clarify anyway

Honestly I don't like how Ken's profile is, with multiple keys and shit. It would be a thousand times better if he had a variable tier

Why not wait until arc does the verse wide revisions for the tybw arc because you have to change several other characters ratings if you move hers up because on zaraki profile he’s listed as 6a for killing unohana the high 6a for being above 7 gremmy clones.
by the way, what are these verse wide revisions? I haven't heard of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back