• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reorganizing LoZ Link profiles by Hero of X name than by game

Bobsican

He/Him
It has been bugging me for a while that we currently separate them per game, rather than by their canon name, for example, "Link (Hero of Time)" would cover the same Link that goes in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
Now, you may be wondering, "Why should we merge certain profiles just for such a minor change?", and the answer is that they do have a canon clarificative name, as said before, and it would help to remain clearer over which Link incarnation is which, while also helping to reduce the current messy amount of Link profiles

Well, nevermind on being iffy.

I agree on merging Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask profiles. They can be different keys but they are the same character.

I guess since we’re on Link, what’s the particular source that has the Oracle Link as a separate one?

I guess since we’re on Link, what’s the particular source that has the Oracle Link as a separate one?
Hyrule Encyclopedia and the official website are the sources for him being separate.

In regards to renaming them I don't care too much either way, naming them by game or their title doesn't matter to me. I agree with making the Majoras Mask Link page a part of Ocarina of Time Link profile, never understood why we specifically made 2 different profiles for the Hero of Time.

Just thought of something. I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the Links don't have official titles, sure the one from OOT is the Hero of Time but then the Links from games like Minish Cap or Four Swords don't have titles, at best I think they just get generic titles of being called heroes or the hero of hyrule (The latter is something several different Links get called). So I think it'd be best to just stick with calling all the Links by their games.

Still agree with merging the Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask Link pages tho.

I agree that it's better to separate Links using the games rather than unofficial names if official ones don't exist.

I'd keep OoT and Majora Link separated, we already have more profiles for the same character if they heavily change between a point of the story, a media or something else, just think of Goku, Naruto, Ichigo and others.

OoT and Majora Link are the same, but their story, equipment, abilities and else are different enough to warrant two profiles.

It's easier to find out which one by having the names of their respective games; even if they have canon titles, not many people are going to know about that unless they play the games. Which our profiles should also be easy for people who haven't played the games to also be able to distinguish. Not to mention, OoT alone technically has two Links via time travel shenanigans even if they're technically both called the "Hero of Time". Plus, "Hero of Hyrule" and "New Hero of Hyrule" are two perfect examples that often confuse readers since the latter came first despite having the word "New" in the title. But calling them (Adventure of Link) and (A Link Between Worlds) would make them a lot easier to separate.

Back