• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LTTP Link, Wind Fish, and Shadow Nightmares Revamp

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So yeah not much to say just another profile revamp since 99% of our Zelda profiles are garbage. This is Link (A Link to the Past) as well two other major characters from the games he's from such as the Wind Fish and the Shadow Nightmares. Here's the current profiles for Link, Wind Fish, and Shadow Nightmares respectively. And my sandbox for my Link revamp and the sandbox for my Wind FIsh and Shadow Nightmares revamp (Ignore the Rauru and Trinexx stuff those are for later).

For powers and abilities there's not much to discuss, added scans for abilities that didn't have them as well as adding references, removed stuff that they shouldn't have and adding stuff they should have. For stats you'll notice I added 2 new keys for ALTTP Link, pre master sword key if for the first like 20% of the game before he gets the Master Sword and the only scaling he has is the standard bomb stuff, and his endgame key which is Large Island level. My previous CRT which involved the scaling of the OOT sages was accepted (Just not applied yet) so as outlined there Beast Ganon is 190 Gigatons and obviously Link beats him by the end of the game. For the Links awakening key (And by extension the stats for Wind Fish and the nightmares) you'll notice I have them at 8-C instead of their current High 7-A ratings. The reason for this is because the High 7-A feat they currently scale to was done with the Master Sword which Link doesn't have in Links Awakening, and I can't find anything notable that they could otherwise scale that's better than just the standard bomb scaling, Wind Fish has some tier 7 stuff due to storms but there's no good way to scale it to anything besides his own ED.

Few more things to discuss is some potential other abilities for the Wind Fish, as you can see on my sandbox there's a section on Spirits from one of the guides that gives them some abilities. Now I'm not sure how viable it is to give these spirit abilities to the Wind Fish since it's not entirely clear if he counts as one, and there's not a whole lot in the games themselves that really indicate that spirits have any of these powers anyway. Granted there's also not much in the games that contradicts it either but the Deku Tree did physically die when Ganondorf cursed him and a new one had to be born when, if the encyclopedia is correct, he should still have an unseen true form that could've just made a new body. Of course the new deku tree could just be that new body despite it seemingly not having the memories of the previous one, you can also get goofy and say Ganons death curse doubles as soul hax 🗿.

And finally Link's resistances. He at least gets resistance to transmutation and empathic manipulation as outlined in my sandbox but he could potentially resist all the powers of the Triforce? The manual states the moon pearl just straight protects the user from the power of the Triforce as a whole, and from my meagre attempts at translating the Japanese version it states that the moon pearl controls the magic of the Triforce which lets Link remain unaffected by it but I can't say for sure if that's what it says, been waiting a few days on the translation request thread for a proper translation so I'd be down with just leaving this alone until that's sorted out.

Last edited:
Also made this just before my shift starts so if anyone has questions or concerns it's gonna be a while before I can get back to you.

The Wind Fish could also potentially have time stop? In his dream he made owl statues that are apparently the same as the time stopping statues from Majoras Mask, weird but uh yeah.
Ok ignore this part turns out I'm stupid and can't read. It's make a distinction between the statues abilities in Termina and Koholint, wording looks more like it implies the time stopping stuff is only for the Termina versions specifically.

Looks good from what I can see. Only thing that should be changed is removing Link’s resistance to Existence Erasure. I know it shows him being told he'd be erased, but why are we believing the Nightmares over the Wind Fish? The Owl, the spirit of the Wind Fish, says that awakening him will allow Link to leave the island, while the actual one says that he and Link will awaken together, even stating that one day Link may recall the island in the waking world, which makes no sense if he thought Link would have been erased with the dream.

Looks good from what I can see. Only thing that should be changed is removing Link’s resistance to Existence Erasure. I know it shows him being told he'd be erased, but why are we believing the Nightmares over the Wind Fish? The Owl, the spirit of the Wind Fish, says that awakening him will allow Link to leave the island, while the actual one says that he and Link will awaken together, even stating that one day Link may recall the island in the waking world, which makes no sense if he thought Link would have been erased with the dream.
yee he probs should't have resistance to EE.

also quick bump before i go to sleep.

Agreed

You should be able to apply this now
ebic

d1f.png

Oh shit forgot to remove that when I applied the changes. Can't do it now since I'm on my way to work so I'll remove that later unless someone else temoves it before then

Back