• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Resistance to Extreme Cold from Omni-Man (TV Series)

azontr

He/Him
Hey there. My First CRT, so if I'm wrong, don't obliterate me.

So, I was scrolling around the wiki and remembered this one thread I was in where DarkDragonMedeus said this DontTalkDT also gave me confirmation of this here.

Apparently, surviving in the vacuum of space doesn't actually give Resistance to Extreme Cold, so we can either do two things:

Change the justifications for Omni-Man (TV Series) having resistance to Extreme Cold, or just remove it altogether.

Questions? Comments?

Last edited:
Isn't that only if the character is out in the vacuum for a brief while? Omniman was in the vacuum of space for weeks.

Isn't that only if the character is out in the vacuum for a brief while? Omniman was in the vacuum of space for weeks.
Well, with the limited information I have on the topic, I wouldn't be able to answer you. From what I've been told, it seems that this feat just doesn't fit the criteria.

Actually in DT's reply he mentions "and stays there for a long time."

Pretty sure weeks is a bit lengthy.

Ah, well we'd need to adjust the justification slightly so it fits the criteria more. Instead of just saying, "Survived in the vacuum of space." We'd have to include how he stayed there for weeks.

Technically that goes for all feats of this type but yeah sure.

This seems pretty minor and we've got 1 staff agreement, so am I safe to apply this?

I don’t see any issue with adjusting the justification for Extreme Cold.

Be sure to link the thread when making the changes and if you could, add “Omni-Man (TV Series)” tag to this thread. It’s for others interested in finding threads of CRTs in the future.

Ah, could you adjust Omni-Man’s tag?

It’s for discussions at the bottom of the pages, as neither of Omni-Man’s pages (Image Comics or TV Series) would link to here from simply having the “Omni-Man” tag.

Usually tags just appear automatically and there was no Omni-Man (Tv Series) tag so I just added the normal Omni-Man tag :/

Adjusted the justification on Omni-Man's profile changed it from "Can survive in the vacuum of space" to "Can survive in the vacuum of space for weeks without any signs of distress or damage." A little wordy, but whatever it gets the point across.

The changes have been made already, if I made no mistakes then this can be closed.

Hm, I may have to shorten it. I’m not sure if “distress or damage” is necessary for the P&A section. It’s already implied he isn’t suffering “distress or damage” if it’s under resistance.

Whatever makes it better. This is my first and probably last CRT for a while since I don't have the mental capacity to commit to a piece of fiction enough to try and revise it.

Back