• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It is but that thread was made several months ago and changes have been made to Ainz's profile since then so it's better to have a fresh one.

Wait, why is Resistance to Death Manipulation no longer listed in Reinhard's profile? Is it no longer valid or something?

DeathNoodles said:
Wait, why is Resistance to Death Manipulation no longer listed in Reinhard's profile? Is it no longer valid or something?
His blessings are inferior to that, so he cannot actually resist it.

What? Ainz and co. have a thousand ways to make the enemy wish to die while they wallow in eternal pain.

If it's decided by whoever dies first then Ainz wins. If it's decided by who dies permanently (Ainz reviving and resuming the fight + Reinhard doing the same), then Reinhard wins.

Well in a cross over with official background and voice actors Ainz said he doesn't know how to beat Reinhard and doesn't think he could

What crossover? if it's isekai qaurtet its not considered valid, even the original author made a statement that Ple ple pleides ainz is a different continuity which is the version used in the crossover. Chibi anime goes by rule of comedy.

Saying that im not sure how ainz could win this one so it's probably a stomp as nothing ainz does will stick.

To be honest, it seems to me that Reinhard's Type 8 Immortality seems to operate via resurrection each time he dies (the Blessing of the Phoenix ability), rather than outright preventing him from dying as long as the source is still around like Voldemort with his Horcruxes (I think. Well, Voldemort would technically be in some kind of spiritual form after his body gets destroyed with his Horcruxes remaining, but I don't count that as him "dying" as he could still do something even if his body is destroyed).

The pen or the sword said:
@deathnoodles Next chapter is up btw....
I'm going to read it.

Anyways, carry on with this debate. It seems to me that Reinhard's Type 8 Immortality works through resurrection anyways, so True Death could prevent that via nullifying resurrection.

His resurrection is reliant on the world or more like the will of the world. I don't know if he can even revive in Ainz's world but if he can Ainz has no way to permanently eliminate him (not counting unknown 8th floor). Perhaps the world class item he said could remove Shalltear's mind control could remove possitive + negative effects

The world that his immortality comes from have no way to ignore ressurection negation. AP is irrelevant to that.

Just going off what author said, that the world quite literally "won't let him die". The only thing I see that would stop his resurrection would be hax since the thing that gives him it isn't absolute.

It isn't absolute, but it is above what the world showed to overcome, since his immortality isn't absolute, either.

What type of magical energy is mana in Re:Zero? Are they some type of life-force? Some nature energy? Spiritual/soul energy?

Because mana in Overlord is basically some type of life-force, making it a type of magical energy that is stored within the beings in Overlord.

I'm asking because I don't know what type of magical energy that the mana that Reinhard absorbs is like. Has Reinhard ever absorbed mana out of someone's body? Or is he restricted to just absorbing the mana from the atmosphere?

It's typical fantasy mana all around you, only in this case it has a source. There are 2 types in Re:Zero, the first are the type that use the mana around them and the other type use the mana within them. Overlord's magic and Re:Zero's magic use are different, in Overlord players just internally think of the spell and it comes into being while the new world'ers learn the mechanics + chant. In Re:Zero it's preparation of needed mana + thinking of what kind of magic + getting your [gate] to work + chant/incantation. Unlikely he would be able to take your mana.

Also I don't think the Overlord world has any mana in the air? Every caster has their own mana and mana regen, all internal. Even for magic outside of Yggdrasil what they draw from are souls.

Muchacho mrm said:
It's typical fantasy mana all around you, only in this case it has a source. There are 2 types in Re:Zero, the first are the type that use the mana around them and the other type use the mana within them. Overlord's magic and Re:Zero's magic use are different, in Overlord players just internally think of the spell and it comes into being while the new world'ers learn the mechanics + chant. In Re:Zero it's preparation of needed mana + thinking of what kind of magic + getting your [gate] to work + chant/incantation. Unlikely he would be able to take your mana.

Also I don't think the Overlord world has any mana in the air? Every caster has their own mana and mana regen, all internal. Even for magic outside of Yggdrasil what they draw from are souls.
If Reinhard has only shown absorbing mana from the atmosphere, and hasn't shown anything about absorbing mana from the target's body to disable their magic, then his Power Nullification (which is restricted to magic only) is useless in this fight. It doesn't help that the mechanics and usage of magic (and mana) is different for the Overlord and Re:Zero settings in comparison.

Unless true death can stop Od Laguna don't see how it stops his immortality, also on Ainz's profile it says it doesn't nullify the highest tier resurrections so not seeing how it nullifies the resurrection granted by an entity which has control over the lives and souls of an entire world.

Also since this is Reinhard at his strongest according to SBA, he is practically bloodlusted, since he has drawn Reid, and goes for an aoe one shot which erases everything.

So it's existence erasure? Cause ainz has resistance to that, saying that I don't see how ainz can win here as type 8 means he can't kill reinhard.

edit This literally comes down to them throwing stuff at eachother till something sticks, the problem is ainz doesn't have anything that will stick, so stomp?

It's matter manipulation and regardless the ap difference is so massive Ainz wouldn't survive.

This is High 6-A Reinhard after all, and he has precog and instinctive reaction, so he gets his attack off first.

So stomp, nothing ainz has can kill him (permantly) and several of rienhards abilities will kill ainz instantly (saying that he does self ressurect once but I don't see how he can do anything to rienhard on his revive if he cant bypass his ressurection.)

Doesn't Ainz have a item that can change one rule in the Ygdrasill game? Couldn't he change his true death to ignore magic tiers and kill regardless of immunity?

There is a world item that can do that, but Ainz's guild never had it. Even if they did, you can't expect Ainz to have it with him, or have the time to use it. Stomp.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Unless true death can stop Od Laguna don't see how it stops his immortality, also on Ainz's profile it says it doesn't nullify the highest tier resurrections so not seeing how it nullifies the resurrection granted by an entity which has control over the lives and souls of an entire world.
It having control over "lives and souls at a global scale" is all fine and dandy, but that sounds like you're basing it too much on AP. Hax abilities such as Death Manipulation and Resurrection Negation should not depend on AP. True Death might not be the highest tiered resurrection negation in Overlord, but I don't see how that doesn't apply to Reinhard if there are no evidence of Od Laguna's resurrection resisting resurrection negation (In Overlord, lower-tiered resurrection abilities are able to resurrect someone even if their soul is destroyed, and True Death is capable of nullifying that type of resurrection. That means that True Death can nullify even soul-based resurrections).

Are there any feats/scans of Od Laguna resisting resurrection negation hax?

Of course, I'm not arguing about who would win (because this is obviously a stomp with the OP not clarifying which version of Reinhard is being used), but I need a more solid argument than "it control the lives and souls of an entire world" as far as hax is concerned (which, again, should not be based on sheer AP). I need some evidence of resurrection negation being resisted in the Re:Zero setting and such. If there is evidence of such, then that's a solid point against resurrection negation.

- Speed equalized

- Base Reinhard

Ehh, isn't this just a monk vs a caster? In the case of Monks they have an advantage against casters because of their magic nullification/defence, with Sebas he not only has a dragon form but he also deals bludgeoning a weakness of Ainz but would still lose to Ainz...Like I said before, there is nothing Ainz can do to permanently kill Reinhard based on current info (not counting most of his world class items + some NPCs and majority of his spells)

Muchacho mrm said:
Like I said before, there is nothing Ainz can do to permanently kill Reinhard based on current info (not counting most of his world class items + some NPCs and majority of his spells)
I have yet to see any proof provided about Od Laguna dealing with resurrection negation hax on the scale of True Death though (which can nullify resurrection, and low-tier resurrection are capable of reviving the target even with their soul destroyed, and even that gets nullified by True Death), and Reinhard's Type 8 Immortality is based on resurrection.

I don't even know how to respond to that. In Ainz's world souls aren't managed by anyone, if you die your soul just floats in endless darkness while in Re:Zero you get taken by Od Laguna. [True Death] and other resurrection negation abilities are just restricting that soul from ever seeing the light of day. [You cannot resurrect] VS Od Laguna who already has his soul. I don't know how to scale that. Soul eaters or wraiths would be a better argument.

Also I've already stated I don't know if he can even revive in Ainz's world. In his world it's even harder to defeat him, with spirits around him that make it look like a bukkake session and with mana in the air. For all we know his blessing may not even work in other universes, I think there is a fanfic about that

I mean, low-tiered resurrection abilities used in Overlord is powerful enough to revive someone even with their soul destroyed (which means the resurrection used isn't just powerful enough to restore the body, but the soul as well), and True Death straight up nullifies that. There was the part where Demiurge incinerated the souls of those party members of Evileye's with hellfire, and they later got resurrected anyways, despite the clear indication that their souls got affected.

If Od Laguna hasn't shown to resist resurrection negation hax such as that, then I don't see a reason why Reinhard's Type 8 Immortality via resurrection gets nullified.

He doesn't have soul resistance, I stated [wraiths] or [soul-eaters] would be better for discussion, the latter eating souls while the former are incorporeal that probably deal damage to souls or something as I just can't imagine how something incorporeal attacks. Also Od Laguna revivng Reinhard, even stating it's endless is purely author a╠Âu╠Ât╠Âi╠Âs╠Âm╠ that leaks out in interviews. I don't have a beter argument against Od Laguna vs resurrection negation but if you ask Re:Zero author , his words would be something like "it will not work"

Muchacho mrm said:
He doesn't have soul resistance, I stated [wraiths] or [soul-eaters] would be better for discussion, the latter eating souls while the former are incorporeal that probably deal damage to souls or something as I just can't imagine how something incorporeal attacks.
Which character were you talking about in regards to lacking soul resistance? Reinhard, Ainz, or Demiurge?

Because I see resistance fo Soul Manipulation listed in Reinhard's profile, while Ainz and Demiurge both have resistance to Soul Manipulation due to possessing a WCI.

I don't speak Japanese, nor do I feel like using google translate, to ask that author those questions, so I'll just assume resurrection negation hax would work until solid evidence comes in to say otherwise.

Back