• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regulus Corneas (Re:Zero) vs Giorno Giovanna (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind)

I know there is no way Regulus could beat Giorno but if Regulus activates his thing and remains "untargetable", GER can still affect him? And if GER gets him in the death loop, if Regulus (activates his mode again) or dies could he respawn himself in the death loop? (I'm trying to find if this match is inconclusive or defeat for Regulus)

Canon GER needs to manually kill someone to put them in a Death Loop and he can't do that here. At the same time, any action taken by Regulus would automatically be reverted to zero so he can't actually harm Giorno. So basically inconclusive.

I see. Thanks.

If is anyone willing to give their opinion on this i can wait a little longer, if no i will ask a moderator to close this thread as soon as it becomes inactive.

The weird thing about Regulus's attacks is that they're cutt off from the flow of time. Can GER affects somethings cause and effect that is stuck in a point in time?

AYEstein said:
The weird thing about Regulus's attacks is that they're cutt off from the flow of time. Can GER affects somethings cause and effect that is stuck in a point in time?
As long as Regulus has to do something then yes. Even so, considering that GER could reverse cause and effect in erased time, I don't think that this is anything particularly new.

>that they're cutt off from the flow of time.

Ger's main feat is literally telling Diavolo to eat ass while time itself was deleted, including the punches Diavolo attempted to throw while time was gone. If that doesn't count as not being in the normal flow of time (given time ceased to exist while said attacks happened), well idk what is. But yeah, I see GER having zero issue with attacks cut off from time given he's dealt with attacks that happened outside of time in the span of literal no time.

Ok, so GER can act within stopped time, and Regulus attacks still do no effect since they have a cause and effect that can be reverted back to zero. But I don't think GER can negate Regulus's authority even with that information said. Due to the fact that Regulus cut off himself from the flow of time a long time ago. We don't know exactly when, but we know he has lived for a thousands of years due to his authority. Meaning GER would have to go back in time to interact with the point in time that was stopped some odd 1000 years ago. So I vote incon

Ger didnt move in stopped time,he moved in erased time. Time literally did not exist when he trash talked diavolo so ger can definitely move and act outside the normal flow of time

Zel97 said:
Ger didnt move in stopped time,he moved in erased time. Time literally did not exist when he trash talked diavolo so ger can definitely move and act outside the normal flow of time
Exactly, that is precisely why he stomp.

Not a stomp,GER can't actually kill so it's inconclusive (Unless he's below 8-C). Although Ger can manually age him forcefully. I have no idea how that would interact with his timeless aging. Because GER is pumping him full of a force that manually does it.

Chariot190 said:
Not a stomp,GER can't actually kill so it's inconclusive (Unless he's below 8-C). Although Ger can manually age him forcefully. I have no idea how that would interact with his timeless aging. Because GER is pumping him full of a force that manually does it.
How GER can't kill? How he dealth against Diavolo and his infinite death loop?

Dooyo said:
He actually had to kill Diavolo first to activate the loop. Against an opponent with durability higher than 8-C, GER can't do anything to hurt them.

Planck69 said:
Dooyo said:
He actually had to kill Diavolo first to activate the loop. Against an opponent with durability higher than 8-C, GER can't do anything to hurt them.
So GER makes any fight against a statemate if the opponent is higher than 8C in durability?

Damn, I overestimate that stand a little too much, there is nothing dangerous about it if it is that case.

Without Regulus's authority he is only a mere pathetic human honestly. Regulus is cut off from the flow of time, his state of health/being in that matter is cut off, not really he himself, so I don't think the aging would work..? The only real weakness to Regulus is to kill all of his wives since his heart is inside them, but to get that information from Regulus would be impossible. Regulus himself adamantly denies it, the wives have no idea about that weakness, and the only reason it was figured out was because of Subaru's previous experience against the sin archbishops and figuring out that their authorities have to do with astronomy/stars and his knowledge of them. So, GER would either have to accidentally kill the wives accidentally via collateral to really be able to hurt Regulus, but I don't think that's very likely in this instance.

AYEstein said:
Without Regulus's authority he is only a mere pathetic human honestly. Regulus is cut off from the flow of time, his state of health/being in that matter is cut off, not really he himself, so I don't think the aging would work..? The only real weakness to Regulus is to kill all of his wives since his heart is inside them, but to get that information from Regulus would be impossible. Regulus himself adamantly denies it, the wives have no idea about that weakness, and the only reason it was figured out was because of Subaru's previous experience against the sin archbishops and figuring out that their authorities have to do with astronomy/stars and his knowledge of them. So, GER would either have to accidentally kill the wives accidentally via collateral to really be able to hurt Regulus, but I don't think that's very likely in this instance.
What do you need to kill Regulus without killing his wives?

Dimensional BFR? Conceptual manipulation? Law manipulation? Existantial erasure? Reality warping?

Which hax can hit him despite being being cut off from the flow of time?

Some form of time piercing ability, Time Manip that allows someone to be able to interact within his "point" of stopped time. Not stopped time in general, but his point of stopped time. Like in a timeline where there is points, he stops time in a point, which is why when his attacks are reflected they don't harm him because they were stopped at different point. Showcased when Reinhrad reflected Regulus's attack back at him. Regulus is incredibly powerful due to this fact. Essentially, somebody with an insane amount of Time Manip would absolutely body Regulus. Somebody could definitely beat Regulus with Dimensional BFR, Existence Erasure would also work I believe. Basically, all of above would body Regulus. Anybody that is Low-Multiversal could kill Regulus essentially... At least, I think. May want to wait on other people's opinions on this, since I am only one. Perhaps, they would have more knowledge on this issue.

AYEstein said:
Some form of time piercing ability, Time Manip that allows someone to be able to interact within his "point" of stopped time. Not stopped time in general, but his point of stopped time. Like in a timeline where there is points, he stops time in a point, which is why when his attacks are reflected they don't harm him because they were stopped at different point. Showcased when Reinhrad reflected Regulus's attack back at him. Regulus is incredibly powerful due to this fact. Essentially, somebody with an insane amount of Time Manip would absolutely body Regulus
What if you are yourself trancending time itself and being acausuality type 4 or 5?

And existantial erasure?

Does Regulus survive if you destroy the planet? Obviously you will kill his wives and therefore himself by doing that lol.

Most likely, it is said that Reid could behead Regulus simply because he can cut through dimensions, or as he calls it, invisibile things.

Dooyo said:
Done by the same author? So we have different version of GER?
Yes, both were by Araki. From what I heard, Novel GER can put people in a Death Loop without manually killing them. That and I heard his willpower manip was actually combat-aplicable though I'm not sure about this.

No it's super giga absolutely not canon at all.

The only JoJo novel that's canon is GioGio 2, the rest are either secondary canon or so noncanon it makes DBGT look like an encyclopedic guide.

Jorge Joestar was written as part of an anniversary project called Vs. JoJo were several different famous authors wrote a JoJo novel for it. All Araki did was do some cover art. The only maybe canon novel out of em is Purple Haze Feedback.

AYEstein said:
Most likely, it is said that Reid could behead Regulus simply because he can cut through dimensions, or as he calls it, invisibile things.
So spatial manipulation works against him? Interesting.

Spatial manipulation doesn't work against Regulus, Reid can behead him cause Reid is a god tier in the verse whose ability is basically i can cut anything, doesn't matter if it's absurd such as cutting light or cutting through dimensions.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Spatial manipulation doesn't work against Regulus, Reid can behead him cause Reid is a god tier in the verse whose ability is basically i can cut anything, doesn't matter if it's absurd such as cutting light or cutting through dimensions.
His ability sound like spatial manipulation dude, he cut throughout dimensions. His God Tier status doesn't matter, the nature of his ability is.

How else you call that? Or space time manipulation?

Reid's ability is to cut things which can't be seen, cut connections which don't physically exist, where is dimensions mentioned in that?

Cutting through dimensions is an application of that ability.

How would cutting through dimensions help against a guy who is invulnerable as he isn't apart of the normal flow of time? Space/dimensions has nothing to do with it, unless you can affect time, how can you affect someone who isn't apart of time?

Celestial Pegasus said:
Reid's ability is to cut things which can't be seen, cut connections which don't physically exist, where is dimensions mentioned in that?
Cutting through dimensions is an application of that ability.

How would cutting through dimensions help against a guy who is invulnerable as he isn't apart of the normal flow of time? Space has nothing to do with it, unless you can affect time, how can you affect someone who isn't apart of time?
It is mentioned in his profile page which I read, where else I got that information?

Then, his ability is space time manipulation, not really spatial manipulation.

Still think you're misinterpreting stuff here.

What you posted was stated in regards to Subaru wondering if Regulus ability is invincibility, to which previously Regulus said the dimension as in the ability is different, invincibility is just revealed to be a side effect of his ability.

Space break is mentioned as a comparison to his ability, in the case of space break, things are cut off from the space of the surroundings however Regulus isn't cut off from space, he is cut off from time.

So no unless the spatial manipulation can affect time, it's not working. His own attacks which are also cut off from the flow of time don't even work on him.

Yes, both were by Araki. From what I heard, Novel GER can put people in a Death Loop without manually killing them. That and I heard his willpower manip was actually combat-aplicable though I'm not sure about this.

Im pretty sure novel ger still needs to kill in order to start death loop but what he can do is this

https://imgur.com/eofIY7

Ger did this with a gesture but we already know rtz is either passive or thought base depending on media (manga or game ger). So im fairly certain ger can just bfr people with a thought since it is still done via rtz which is absurd

But this isnt the thread to discuss this. I just wanna clear things up about ger's "bfr"

Celestial Pegasus said:
Still think you're misinterpreting stuff here.
What you posted was stated in regards to Subaru wondering if Regulus ability is invincibility, to which previously Regulus said the dimension as in the ability is different, invincibility is just revealed to be a side effect of his ability.

Space break is mentioned as a comparison to his ability, in the case of space break, things are cut off from the space of the surroundings however Regulus isn't cut off from space, he is cut off from time.

So no unless the spatial manipulation can affect time, it's not working. His own attacks which are also cut off from the flow of time don't even work on him.
So space time manipulation can destroy him then, just like Reid did it.

How many times do i have to tell you Reid's ability isn't spatial manipulation?

Go to Reid's profile and click on the scan under non-physical interaction, his ability is cutting things which aren't visible and cutting the connections between things which don't exist.

This allows Reid to cut through light, dimensions and even Regulus's ability.

Seriously don't try to come at me with this nonsense if you haven't read the series.

Celestial Pegasus said:
How many times do i have to tell you Reid's ability isn't spatial manipulation?
Go to Reid's profile and click on the scan under non-physical interaction, his ability is cutting things which aren't visible and cutting the connections between things which don't exist.

This allows Reid to cut through light, dimensions and even Regulus's ability.

Seriously don't try to come at me with this nonsense if you haven't read the series.
You realize that spatial manipulation and space time manipulation are two different thing?

What kind of category you place his ability then if you don't even trust his profile, change it and makes revision about it.

You are the one beating around the bush this entire time without being specific on the classification of his ability.

In each manipulation hax category you see it?

Reid already has space-time manipulation listed on his profile.

As i have said over and over again, that's just an application on his ability to cut things which aren't visible and don't exist, he isn't limited to just cutting though dimensions or time, he can also cut light.

And likely many other things, but from what i have seen so far he has cut those 3 things.

Reid's ability is literally to cut whatever he wants, this is why he can behead Regulus despite him being cut off from time. Now this can be taken as an NLF, so we limit him to what he has shown so far.

There is no specific manipulation which encompasses what Reid's ability is.

This came up originally cause you wanted to know what abilities can affect Regulus, obviously concept manipulation would do it, or even something that erases him from history without requiring to touch him.

But again spatial manipulation won't work imo.

Back