• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regulus Corneas (Re:Zero) vs Giorno Giovanna (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind)

As much as I like discussing the inner workings of an ability. Does any of that ultimately effect the match at all?

Celestial Pegasus said:
Reid already has space-time manipulation listed on his profile.
As i have said over and over again, that's just an application on his ability to cut things which aren't visible and don't exist, he isn't limited to just cutting though dimensions or time, he can also cut light.

And likely many other things, but from what i have seen so far he has cut those 3 things.

Reid's ability is literally to cut whatever he wants, this is why he can behead Regulus despite him being cut off from time. Now this can be taken as an NLF, so we limit him to what he has shown so far.

There is no specific manipulation which encompasses what Reid's ability is.

This came up originally cause you wanted to know what abilities can affect Regulus, obviously concept manipulation would do it, or even something that erases him from history without requiring to touch him.

But again spatial manipulation won't work imo.
You failed once again to answer the question at hand.

What you classify "cutting whatever he want" exactly? Reality warping? Space time manipulation? It isn't NLF if it is space time manipulation, simply someone having resistance against that kind of hax will be unaffected unless you want to belief that he can cut abstrat being which are boundless lol from reality, tme, space, dimensions, whatever.

I go with whatever is in his profile since I can go by that, if you have information that is not here, feel free to complete it.

Chariot190 said:
As much as I like discussing the inner workings of an ability. Does any of that ultimately effect the match at all?
He doesn't even know the inner working classification of said ability.

He doesn't know if it is space time manipulation, conceptual manipulation, reality warping?

He isn't specific, which makes things vague. Cutting whatever he want, that is all he presented.

The match is a statemate since GER is worthless in offensive here.

You're asking for something which doesn't exist. His ability isn't reality warping, it's not causality manipulation etc.

I told you it's cutting things which don't exist and aren't visible, we don't have a power for that on this site. Assuming he can do more than he has shown would be an NLF, hence Reid is limited to what he has shown.

Cutting dimensions and time is just an application of his ability, but for some reason you want to say the ability is cutting space and time which isn't what his ability is.

This is like saying someone with causality manipulation doesn't have causality manipulation because they have used it to negate powers or resurrect, both of which are uses of causality manipulation.

It's imo a backwards argument, which isn't relevant to this match.

Celestial Pegasus said:
You're asking for something which doesn't exist. His ability isn't reality warping, it's not causality manipulation etc.
I told you it's cutting things which don't exist and aren't visisble, we don't have a power for that on this site. Assumng he can do more than he has shown would be an NLF, hence Reid is limited to what he has shown.

Cutting dimensions and time is just an application of his ability, but for some reason you want to say the ability is cutting space and time which isn't what his ability is.

This is like saying someone with causality manipulation doesn't have causality manipulation because they have used it to negate powers or resurrect, both of which are uses of causality manipulation.

It's imo a backwards argument, which isn't relevant to this match.
More like you don't know that his ability is actually space time manipulation, as stated in his profile. Don't exist? What does that even mean lol.

Void Manipulation then since void is the manipulation of nothingness and nothingness doesn't exist by definition.

You are making that ability sound broken which reek indeed of NLF.

Thinking this is a waste of time. How many times do i have to tell you Reid's ability isn't space time manipulation but uses of his ability?

I meant don't exist as in we don't have it listed as a power and abilities.

I am literally telling you what his ability is and literally telling you assuming more than what it's shown would be an NLF, but yet you're saying i am making it an NLF?

Not wasting anymore of my time here. Going back to visual novels.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Thinking this is a waste of time. How many times do i have to tell you Reid's ability isn't space time manipulation but uses of his ability?
I meant don't exist as in we don't have it listed as a power and abilities.

I am literally telling you what his ability is and literally telling you assuming more than what it's shown would be an NLF, but yet you're saying i am making it an NLF?

Not wasting anymore of my time here. Going back to visual novels.
Unless you can't give an answer, I will stick with what is present in his profile dude.

Playing semantics is useless, you are vague and only on the surface, know that all hax manipulation are present in this website. ALL OF THEM.

I have literally far more complex abilities and hax in mechanic present in this forum and all of them are under a specific category or classification.

You simply doesn't know yourself which one he subcribe to

You are describing his ability, YOU FAILED TO CATEGORIZE it.

But like- how do you categorize something unique? Something that cannot be generalized and has multiple uses. Categorization can also be included in tiers, yet we have characters with tiers that are unknown. A good example here is Regulus, his abilities and skillset is too VAGUE so it makes it hard to categorize. You're making it sound like it needs to be perfect. He described the ability to you, that is sufficient enough. Of course, it is vague! You can't say that all characters that use spatial manipulation are inherently the same. The need for categorization is a convenience and necessary, but it is not a necessity in a creative environment and discussion.

AYEstein said:
But like- how do you categorize something unique? Something that cannot be generalized and has multiple uses. Categorization can also be included in tiers, yet we have characters with tiers that are unknown. A good example here is Regulus, his abilities and skillset is too VAGUE so it makes it hard to categorize. You're making it sound like it needs to be perfection. He described the ability to you, that is sufficient enough. Of course, it is vague! You can't say that all characters that use spatial manipulation are inherently the same. The need for categorization is a convenience and necessary, but it is not a necessity in a creative environment and discussion.
But they are categorized in their profiles, he is simply denying that categorization.

Doesn't change anything, you can skip time, hide inside time, stop time, being out of the flow of time, all of that are still under time manipulation in categorization or space time manipulation if your ability affect time and space at the same time which is the case in Regulus and Reid hence their profiles highlight it.

Something unique? Don't make me laugh please, cutting everything in existence and nonexistence isn't unique, existantial erase of existence and nonexistence by a thought from boundless being exist in this forum, still under the categorization of reality warping.

How it is vague? You realize we don't know the mechanics of conceptual manipulation abilities, void manipulation abilities, acasuality and many more?

Still doesn't denounce the point that this discussion isn't relevant to this thread. Why argue tediously over categorization to something that doesn't retain to the Vs Debate at hand? Afterall, you can't throw out to make a revision board because at the moment we are moving forums, and it is discouraged for us to make any revisions at this point. Besides, we have very limited information on Reid atm hazing only barely seem him 30-40 chapters in so far to the current arc the WN is in right now. Of course, it'd be hard to really cement a specific categorization to somebody who's full extent is unknown. This is the same problem with Satella currently, except it is not a NLF issue like Reinhard used to be. In digression, we're fine with discussing this elsewhere, but not in this thread where it is unneeded.

AYEstein said:
Still doesn't denounce the point that this discussion isn't relevant to this thread. Why argue tediously over categorization to something that doesn't retain to the Vs Debate at hand? Afterall, you can't throw out to make a revision board because at the moment we are moving forums, and it is discouraged for us to make any revisions at this point. Besides, we have very limited information on Reid atm hazing only barely seem him 30-40 chapters in so far to the current arc the WN is in right now. Of course, it'd be hard to really cement a specific categorization to somebody who's full extent is unknown. This is the same problem with Satella currently, except it is not a NLF issue like Reinhard used to be. In digression, we're fine with discussing this elsewhere, but not in this thread where it is unneeded.
Well, it seems that you can't grasp it, so let it slide.

We have his ability, description of said ability and where it is categorized with said descrption, that is it.

You are making it uncesserary more complicated for the sake of semantics.

Back