• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regeneration Downgrade for Ninja Theory's Reboot DmC.

That’s an outdated information, the regen mostly comes from Dante tearing his chest open in a flashback to see his own heart, though whether or not that’s low mid is another discussion

There's also Dante surviving multiple rifle bullets in the mission to exchange Kat and Lilith...the exchange goes to hell and Dante shields Kat in his arms to block all bullets coming at them....dunno if that helps.

the regen mostly comes from Dante tearing his chest open in a flashback to see his own heart, though whether or not that’s low mid is another discussion
From looking at the cutscene, mission 5, hole he had wasn't that big, I think you could, at most, fit two or three fingers in there.
There's also Dante surviving multiple rifle bullets in the mission to exchange Kat and Lilith...the exchange goes to hell and Dante shields Kat in his arms to block all bullets coming at them....dunno if that helps.
He got shot in the left shoulder, and few time on the very left side of his back. This could help, however, I think, looking at the regeneration page, it gives Mid-low?

From what the game implies they can heal as long as the wound isn't too big. Hollow Dante & Vergil died to stabs in the chest, not sure if they count as I'm unsure they're comparable to Dante & Vergil. Eva died from her heart being ripped out, and the same was going to happen to Dante if Vergil didn't backstab Mundus.

Dante was trying to rip his chest open in that scene given he’s trying to see his own heart there, as edgy as that sounds.

Dante was trying to rip his chest open in that scene given he’s trying to see his own heart
We don't see him opening up his entire chest, just a small hole, even then he wouldn't need to open up all of his chest, just big enough to see his heart, which would be the size of a fist at most.

The main story showed us that the destruction of the heart could kill either Vergil or Dante (How Eva & Vergil died (at least I think that's where Dante stabbed Vergil, honestly couldn't tell where in the chest he was stabbed), and how Dante was going to die from Mundus), and Downfall showed us that they could die disembowelment (I thinks that's Vergil killed them as it seemed he stabbed them in stomach, the cutscene didn't show him stabbing the heart) as what happened to Hollow Dante & Vergil.

The context of him questioning him having a heart and ripping it open is enough proof that he is ripping it open, and that's not Low regen, that's at bare minimum Mid-Low.

Back