• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC: Mid-Godly Regeneration for all Demons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup everyone!

This thread is made in regards to a Demon's basic regeneration capability aka Mid-Godly Regeneration (Conceptual Regeneration basically)

Since we concluded that a Demon's name is the most closest part of their existence and they basically mold themselves according to the meanings of their Names, i say its reasonable to give them such level of regeneration accordingly since their spiritual bodies are basically the byproducts of their individual concepts (Names) in general.

Mid-Godly Regeneration : A Demon's Name are their individual "truths" and the aspect of their existence that is the most closest to their true substance to which they regenerate from without an issue with their true bodies rather then the bodies they make by projecting their consciousness into the Human World to make a physical body.

So I guess you are using the quote "they mold themselves" for Regeneration ?

I remember a thread that mentioned this years ago, at that time, it was considered that "molding themselves" was related to the physical form of demons and how it shapes itself representing their name, but not to the fact that they regenerate from their name, something that is especially supported by the fact that Arkham mentions family inheritance as similar, that is, it refers to physical characteristics

My suggestion is to add more Regeneration scans on that paragraph

I remember a thread that mentioned this years ago, at that time, it was considered that "molding themselves" was related to the physical form of demons and how it shapes itself representing their name, but not to the fact that they regenerate from their name, something that is especially supported by the fact that Arkham mentions family inheritance as similar, that is, it refers to physical characteristics

There Names are exactly what represent them. Just because they change their appearance according to the Names doesn't mean it would be the only thing that Names are supposed to do.

Its just an additional mechanics for Names and these Names are their individual concepts altogether (its their truth afterall). But i wait for others to start discussing this here.

Last edited:
So while I do agree that demons can regenerate from a concept, I'm worried about the extent of that regeneration. Do they have any feats or statements of regenerating their mind and soul, or is that just being assumed?

We don't really give regen levels based on what a character regens from, but rather how much they can demonstrably heal - nobody's getting low-godly just because their soul can reform a couple of lost fingers, for example.

The scan establishes that the demons names are their true selves and the form that their avatar takes is an embodiment of it (their concept which was accepted) the analogy for family inheritance is used here to describe the connection between their name and their avatar self, let me explain it :
1-family in this is referring to their name
2-the inheritance which Arkham is talking about is what the avatar form embodies since it will get physical characteristics and power based on it since it is what the avatar form embodies(the said avatar form is referred to as an heir) which what the analogy is referring to, they will indeed get a physical shape that ressembles the meaning of the name but that’s a part of them making their entire existence from their concept.

Yeah, we'd need some feats or at least statements implying that they can regenerate to such a degree before giving this to them.

Having the core of your being be abstract isn't enough for that by default.
Would a person coming back after his soul,mind and Body have been absorbed by someone count as a mid godly feat ?

There Names are exactly what represent them. Just because they change their appearance according to the Names doesn't mean it would be the only thing that Names are supposed to do.
That wasn't the point of my post, Names are accepted as conceptual type 2 on their own and I agreed with that aswell as the others
The scan establishes that the demons names are their true selves and the form that their avatar takes is an embodiment of it (their concept which was accepted) the analogy for family inheritance is used here to describe the connection between their name and their avatar self, let me explain it :
1-family in this is referring to their name
2-the inheritance which Arkham is talking about is what the avatar form embodies since it will get physical characteristics and power based on it since it is what the avatar form embodies(the said avatar form is referred to as an heir) which what the analogy is referring to, they will indeed get a physical shape that ressembles the meaning of the name but that’s a part of them making their entire existence from their concept.
I understand your point, but like I said, the quote misses a vital detail for this to be accepted, they may embody their name, they may represent their name, their appearance and power may match their name, but how can we say they are healing from that name ? The scan mentions with all the words their existence is molded by their name but doesn't really go deep into saying they will reshape their "everything" from it if they lose it in battle, keep in mind the OP is also going for real-time Regeneration instead of overtime

That wasn't the point of my post, Names are accepted as conceptual type 2 on their own and I agreed with that aswell as the others

I understand your point, but like I said, the quote misses a vital detail for this to be accepted, they may embody their name, they may represent their name, their appearance and power may match their name, but how can we say they are healing from that name ? The scan mentions with all the words their existence is molded by their name but doesn't really go deep into saying they will reshape their "everything" from it if they lose it in battle, keep in mind the OP is also going for real-time Regeneration instead of overtime
I assume that you are right on that part it can work as supporting evidence for them regenerating from it if coupled with feats of them doing that so yeah that’s a mistake on our part.

I stand in disagreement to give this to ALL the demons, however, this can be granted to Hybrids, and perhaps High-Tier Demons.
There are a few examples in the series where Regeneration of these levels has been reached

• 1. Nero regenerated from The Savior by having his Consciousness, Memories, Body and Soul meld together in the Savior (Quick note, this was after Dante had separated both beings from each other with the Yamato, but Nero was still a soup of unmelded memories, mind, soul and body and he regenerated all of these aspects in seconds)
  • - 1.1. We need to understand that these metaphysical aspects change reality and do a lot of wonky stuff, you can read my full message about that here. So it should definitely apply for Mid-Godly regen.
  • 2. In his fight with Nelo Angelo, Dante kills Nelo Angelo, making him vanish without a trace. This is also supported by the precious tears album, as it says the whole body and spirit vanished, this should include his soul because the soul was inside the armor, and the armor vanished alongside the body.
Furthermore, we see VERGIL in DMC 5 (the latest entry in the series) all crippled and beaten up, but the fact that it's Vergil already tells us the name also got affected in that fight, and Vergil regenerated having his named erased, alongside his mind and soul, therefore, he has Mid-Godly Regen. (A quick thing to note is that Vergil is crippled because of having his Regeneration Negated, alongside being tired from all the fights and therefore, the limits of his regeneration were REALLY hit by this fact)

In regards to ALL demons having it, we are only assuming the Demon's soul is being melded by the name, and the mind isn't concerned and never brought up, therefore, it's only talking about how the body can change by the meaning of the name, which might mean they can regenerate (which is correct, as seen by Hybrids, DT and Mundus himself)

I stand in disagreement to give this to ALL the demons, however, this can be granted to Hybrids, and perhaps High-Tier Demons.
There are a few examples in the series where Regeneration of these levels has been reached

• 1. Nero regenerated from The Savior by having his Consciousness, Memories, Body and Soul meld together in the Savior (Quick note, this was after Dante had separated both beings from each other with the Yamato, but Nero was still a soup of unmelded memories, mind, soul and body and he regenerated all of these aspects in seconds)
  • - 1.1. We need to understand that these metaphysical aspects change reality and do a lot of wonky stuff, you can read my full message about that here. So it should definitely apply for Mid-Godly regen.
  • 2. In his fight with Nelo Angelo, Dante kills Nelo Angelo, making him vanish without a trace. This is also supported by the precious tears album, as it says the whole body and spirit vanished, this should include his soul because the soul was inside the armor, and the armor vanished alongside the body.
Furthermore, we see VERGIL in DMC 5 (the latest entry in the series) all crippled and beaten up, but the fact that it's Vergil already tells us the name also got affected in that fight, and Vergil regenerated having his named erased, alongside his mind and soul, therefore, he has Mid-Godly Regen. (A quick thing to note is that Vergil is crippled because of having his Regeneration Negated, alongside being tired from all the fights and therefore, the limits of his regeneration were REALLY hit by this fact)

In regards to ALL demons having it, we are only assuming the Demon's soul is being melded by the name, and the mind isn't concerned and never brought up, therefore, it's only talking about how the body can change by the meaning of the name, which might mean they can regenerate (which is correct, as seen by Hybrids, DT and Mundus himself)
I would like to point out that Both of Vergil’s name and memories were stripped/ erased too when he got turned into Nelo Angelo.

The event of name change is absolutely true.

It was Nelo Angelo who was destroyed but it was Vergil who came back. A clear switch in name. The destruction of concept and recovering original concept back is not mid godly, it's one level above that.
--------x----------x----------

Another thing to note is both V and Urizen are truely nameless, so are the Sin lords and a species like Nobody.
So lack of concept isn't unsurvivable.

We also have demons like Soul Eaters which are amalgamated remains of demon's rage forming an astral demon.

Demon physiology page.

Nothing is there. EDIT: Sorry. My page didn't load properly. Let me see through this.

1. Nero regenerated from The Savior by having his Consciousness, Memories, Body and Soul meld together in the Savior (Quick note, this was after Dante had separated both beings from each other with the Yamato, but Nero was still a soup of unmelded memories, mind, soul and body and he regenerated all of these aspects in seconds)
This is Low-High.

This would be mid-godly.

Can you please explain this more? Vergil was crippled and beaten up and regenerated or was erased and then came back crippled and beaten up? If it was the latter can show him being erased?

Nero doesn't even count as a top tier demon tho

It really shouldn't, Sparda's bloodline is very consistently shown to be special in every way possible

Well, Low and Mid Tiers demons still have Low Godly, which is quite good on its own
How? This Nero isnt even that strong nor had an awakening Dante/Vergil style and most of his demonic power is in the arm.

How? This Nero isnt even that strong nor had an awakening Dante/Vergil style and most of his demonic power is in the arm.
This isn't related to power, Vol 1 Tony still showed to have a unique set of abilities despite his short career at the time

I say again, you don't scale Physiology Related Regeneration and leave it at that, if Sparda's Bloodline scaled to demons on only an AP Base, it would need to be every ability, and I hope you guys are not that high to believe that

This isn't related to power, Vol 1 Tony still showed to have a unique set of abilities despite his short career at the time

I say again, you don't scale Physiology Related Regeneration and leave it at that, if Sparda's Bloodline scaled to demons on only an AP Base, it would need to be every ability, and I hope you guys are not that high to believe that
Doesn’t matter either way the demon kings would scale to mundus’s mid godly feat regardless.

I'm seeing references to Vergil regenerating his original name along with everything else, but it's probably better to put a pin in the High-Godly until later.

Nothing is there. EDIT: Sorry. My page didn't load properly. Let me see through this.

This is Low-High.
Really? Because his Soul has also been melted, and he's regenerating that as well. It's not just his melted body, but his melted spirit, (and also Mind because he had to get that back as well). I've always viewed it as Limited Mid Godly, as he is not regenerating his ENTIRE Soul, but instead merely a significant portion of it.

Can you please explain this more? Vergil was crippled and beaten up and regenerated or was erased and then came back crippled and beaten up? If it was the latter can show him being erased?
Vergil had his existence rewritten by Mundus in DMC1-By having his Name altered, his fundamental concept and existence changed. This existence rewrite turned him into Nelo Angelo, who was erased. (As seen in the Mid Godly scans you agreed with.)

That is in DMC1, where Dante erases Nelo completely. About two decades later, Vergil-Not Nelo Angelo-But Vergil (as in, he regenerated from an existence concept rewrite, and that new concept had it's soul, body, etc. totally erased, but he was able to materialize his "original body/Original Existence"). This regenerated Vergil from DMC5, who had came back from a trifecta of different death methods (by a character who can nullify his regeneration), that is who comes back crippled.

This is basically the absolute limit of a DMC Character's Regeneration throughout the entire series, and even then, while Vergil came back dying, he was still able to casually oneshot Nero and fodder Demons, though he then had to split himself and re-fuse to survive. That is to say, while Vergil did do it, it's not combat applicable (it took two decades and still was not potent enough to keep him alive indefinitely.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back