• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reforged Ideals Thread 14

Dilma summons her Persona to catch Ruby before she falls to the ground in a jump. She breaths in and out, before looking at the Fire Mage with a smile.

She picks Ruby in her arms and takes her to their bedroom, and delicadely puts her at the bed and covers her, as she gives a smol kiss on her forehead, before wenting outside and realizing something

"Oh shit, i should have bought some books... Well, i guess that I'll see how Nessie is doing"

She comments as she goes towards the Loch Ness, trying to find the Cryptid that resides in there

"I'm... sorry Nicholas. I'm really not exactly sure if I got over, whatever is wrong with me. And I don't think I'll be able to get over it in an instant"

I leave shadow duplicates of myself to help Ramses retake the Egyptian government and fly over to a certain beach.

It's been closed down, huh? Well, I can't really blame them.

I somberly look up at a black cloud.

I never really got to know her but the thought of how it could've been still hurts me.

I sit down in the sand, using my telekinesis to make sure none of the grains stick to my clothing.

Hmm? I'm picking up something strange nearby...around where the base with that monster scientist was.

I get up and stretch.

"Better make sure there's nothing fishy going on down there."

I dive into the ocean and swim to the area where the remains of the base should be.

There's nothing here? I can't even smell it anymore. I don't see any freshly overturned soil left from an attempt to hide it yet...

I look closer.

There's another dimension lined with this area? The hell?

I coat my hands in shadow and rip a hole through space and time. I go through the hole and end up in a white hallway. The water is suspended at the line where the hole starts so it doesn't flood the hallway.

Those bastards had tech like this?

I follow my sense of smell and walk around the base, looking for the head of this organization. As I stealthily search, I find automatons working on the base as if they replaced every job a normal human would have. My nose takes me to a white room with a desk at the opposite end of it that has a man sitting in a chair behind it.

That's-!

The man looks up from the laptop he was typing on.

"So, you must've been the one who did the original in."

I point my sword at him.

Original?

"So you're a clone then?"

He claps.

"Got it in one. Now, are you here to just question the morality of my ac-"

The man is impaled by my sword that goes straight through his laptop and his heart. The force of the blow launches him off of the blade and throws him through the back wall of the room. I fling my sword to get the blood off of it but wait.

Not falling for that again.

The man twitches and then gets back up.

"Sorry if it disappoints you but I've taken a perfected form of the Humbaba virus and I don't-"

He looks at the hole in his torso where his heart should be.

"It isn't healing? We documented you have some form of ability that let you negate the cell's ability to grow back since you managed to kill the first but I had no idea it would still work after all the improvements we've made on it."

I smirk.

"That's right. Now, hold still while I cut you down monster. I'm not going to let you keep living after what you did to my life."

The man begins to grow in size and gains that same green color and grainy texture that the original did. Earthy horns grow out of his head and his canines sharpen and lengthen. His hands turned into paws with golden claws.

"I may look like a monster but you're the one who's pushing back my research. With the Humbaba virus, humanity can reach the next step of evolution! With this level of Regenerationn, there won't be any more worries about disease or sicknesses."

I frown.

"You say that but if I hadn't appeared at the beach the golems would have killed all of the people there."

The scientist shrugs.

"The experiments needed to be tested. If some people have to die so that everyone else doesn't have to, my mind is perfectly clear of guilt."

I start walking towards the man with a black mark spreading across my forehead.

"You bastard, you have no right to decide who lives and who dies!"

My stride is stopped as wood comes out of the ground and wraps around my legs.

"The ****?"

The scientist's left eye begins glowing mechanically.

"Test #1, the subject does not seem to be effected by the wood's ability to convert what it touches into stone."

The scientist presses a button and a flamethrower comes out of the ceiling and douses me in fire.

I flex my body, shattering the wood, and cut down the flamethrower in a single fluid action.

"Test #2, the subject does not appear to be effected by flames."

I force the monster's shadow to wrap around his legs and rush him with my sword. He brings his claws up to parry the blow and...

My sword disappears in the areas where he touched it?!

The part of the blade that got past the claws embeds itself in the clone's left eye, causing his head to jerk back. I stare at the broken sword in my hands.

"My sword..."

I should've seen that coming, how did he manage to get that past me?

The Humbaba user grunts and pulls the blade out of his eye. There's a bloody hole where the eye used to be.

"You ruined my recorder! Do you know how hard it is to build an eye recorder these days?!"

I sheathe my blade and headbutt the former human.

"YOU RUINED MY SWORD!"

The monster stumbles back and I can see that his nose has been pushed into his face.

"I'm tired of this farce of a battle."

I reach for his head with both my arms so that I can execute this fool. A glowing light begins to emanate from him, preventing me from reaching him. He begins to grow in height again and scales begin to sprout all over his body.

"I don't like doing this to be honest, because it kind of undermines my scientist image."

He's using magic?

The creature puts his paws together, causing his claws to clang against each other. The claws glow, shining with an intensity that brings the one coming from his body to shame.

"I'm going to kill you now. Your body will serve as an excellent-"

I grab onto his claws, piercing through the light with my hands that shine with their own light.

"You became a monster but you're going to die a human."

My light engulfs the monster and what is left is a human corpse with a hole where their heart and left eye should be. The body falls to the ground.

I didn't think I was going to end up losing my sword today...

My shadow begins to shift and writhe as if it is being burned. It stretches out until it covers the entire dimension.

"Destroying this should help take the edge off my rage."

The dimension is destroyed and I return to the beach after sealing the hole where I sit down and stare at the cloud again.

"Hmm...I should probably head back now. I'll try and visit more often but I can't make any promises."

I fly back to the base and lay down on a shadow couch.

@Drite

Unlike he first time they searched for Nessy, Dilma finds her rather easilly, as if the creature allowed herself to be found by the white mage.

Meanwhile Z9-27 reflects on his existence. His existential predicament arises from the fact that while others are concerned with mind boggling activities such as the nature of all existence, the roots of emotion and consciousness and learning the meaning of life (to optimise them for offensive purposes) he works, as he has done his entire life, just editing the grammar on their notes so it can forwarded to the prime Crunkledunk. The reason for the bureaucratic structure of his society involving this escaped Z9-27 when he was first informed as to the purpose of his existence as it did now. You see, what made Crunkle society different from others is that the menial occupation was not a necessity. Need Janitors to clear away the waste accumulated on different planets? Just make a robot. Need a therapist to aid the frequent rly degrading psyche of the system's occupants? Just make a robot. Need someone to designate and create meaningless and derivative culture that blatantly works in opposition to similarly useful culture? Just make a robot. Basically everything that wasn't science or being part of an arbitrarily existing, genetically superior monarchy that spends all day feeling good about themselves and their superiority was carried out by a robot. Except, Z9-27, who started to wonder if perhaps the machine that designated his purpose in life was slightly faulty. But what could he do about it? He wasn't designated as a computer programmer. All he did was check surprisingly flawed grammar for a race of super-intellects. But it wasn't all bad, he remarked to himself, after all the existence he had spent doing this was apparently only about a few nanoseconds long. While he did possess the memories of a creature who had lived to the ripe old age of a few days, he was informed recently that the flashing light he saw after he heard the screaming but before he saw his own artificial blood (created for sentimental purpose) splattered over his helpless visage had, in fact, actually killed him. Or, well, not him, but the exact duplicate he remembers being. After fighting some being mid way through consuming the galaxy his entire civilisation was just rebooted from a safe file that his leader possessed. He actually remembered the technology developed to create that, at first it was used to replicate the effects of certain brainwaves, like inspiration for the purposes of enhancing innovation. However instead of the intended purpose of recreating those moments of stimulation, the product was a gestalt emotional state- part way through minor satisfaction after having avoided a pin nested on the floor (that due to the rupturing of space surrounding any utensil or utility device in Crunkle society would have caused a small level of damage) and partway the aforementioned inspiration. The feeling produced was what can best be described as inspiratifaction, an unfathomable empathic state of being, something beyond linear entropy, forming an emotional awareness that transcended time, space, logic and everything in between. The produced effect being comparable to an overachieving university student getting addicted to drugs and dropping out of school to try and achieve such sensations once again, resulting in the deterioration of the pre-frontal vortex and extreme self-physical abuse. The problem Z9-27 found with this whole concept was that he was supposed to just move on instantly. "Oh, so it looks like you've died and all your memories are in fact those of a different person, meaning everybody you've ever known doesn't even know you. Shame that, well, no productivity comes from moping around does it?". He tried to get the thought of his mind by taking a jog around the universe 9.4x10^37482890294748 times in a planck timex9.9x-999727898892991002, but it didn't really help. It wasn't just the usual existential horror that would arise from such problems either, it was also the fact that he had little to no identity. He was part of a race formed entirely from the genetic structure of a single neurotic human with dwarfism- knowing literally nobody who wasn't as such. He was in a civilisation, taking up 14% of the galaxy, with people who were exactly the same as him; except for that fact that he had a more meaningless job. And now, he was also the exact same as some other geezer who died a short period of time ago, in literally every way. It's like his entire existence was made to drain any hope of meaning out of his life, in some nihilistic endeavour. The only way to maintain his sanity was to tightly grab onto a small bit of individuality. A distinct quality. An eccentricity. An entirely illogical habit, with seemingly no purpose. And this was the real reason, why Crunkle Z9-27 now only communicated new breakthroughs with a handwritten piece of paper. It was small, unbelievably microscopic, but it was his. And nothing made him happier. And so he wrote out this on his new list.

Most notable recent inventions in Crunkle society:

A device that applies Crunkledunk's cognition to the oversoul

A machine that uses the morphing grid to collect the uncountably infinite, relatively infinitesimally small 3-D moments across different points space time and treated their chronological structure as a single construct- then contracting and expanding it, essentially making time go backwards for the them that was oldest, and making it go forwards for the them that was youngest. It can also be expanded, achieving a vice versa effect.

A pocket dimension with cubic time dimensions, essentially allowing anything in there to live for immeasurably long periods. However people can't stay in there due to the oppressive conditions which will cause any sentient life forms to explode in mind, soul, concept, body and time automatically. Due to the temporal impacts the Crunkle empire continued using the device on themselves without knowledge of the repercussions until an entire planet was erased from causality without anyone knowing. The only reason the entire empire and likely the multiverse was not destroyed via this rather inconvenient design flaw is thanks to an astute state agent irritated with his pay who realised the house prices really shouldn't have been so cheap on his home planet considering the lack of available space. After careful consideration the top minds in the Crunkle empire decided to just place a cheap Italian sausage in the pocket dimension to collect bacteria and expand for an uncountable infinite time until it is eventually relinquished from the other universe and the 5th dimensional manufactured swine meant destroys basically everything to ever exist.

An offensive pocket reality that can be attached to any opponent and uses sword logic to apply the law and concept of causality to anything, even type 4 acausals. Crunkledunk completely controls everything that happens there, all space and time directly under his command

And Crunkledunk's most powerful yet devilishly simple device The IKC is still in work

Overlord775 said:
@Drite
Unlike he first time they searched for Nessy, Dilma finds her rather easilly, as if the creature allowed herself to be found by the white mage.
"Hi Nessy!" The White Mage says as she rests on the Cryptid's head while patting the same place

"How've you been? Me and Ruby just finished building a house near here to make you company!"

"You, just go." Nicholas says, pointing to Jonathan, as he does, Jonathan begins to vanish, as does the Mechonis titan, leaving this realm. Near Sapheram, an odd, cube like device appears in front of him.

"This should do, just pick it up and the necessary information will connect to you." A voice explains.

"Do what you require then. We shouldn't stay here though, a place that reminds us of this rivalry is not a good place for us to remain, let's go." Nicholas then says to Crunkledunk, opening a rift out of the realm.

Sapheram picks up the cube.

"You have my thanks." he says before teleporting outside of the universe.

He analyzes and inspects the cube before using his most recently developed Nen ability: Techno Eater. He can add the properties of any technology he "ingests" to himself until the excretion of said technology. Luckily due to his Dark Matter any ingestion is permanent. With the cube absorbed he took it apart and gained its computation power.

This should be enough for raising the levels of the Esper abilities he had been working on to 5. He sends a few more duplicates into the universe to travel around.

On earth the duplicate who was writing had been takig their time and had also started drawing illustrations. With the development of all memories being burned into his being he had been feeling strange inside. He couldn't quite grasp what was going on yet, but he would soon enough.

Using some of Nicholas tech I used before, I decide to try and contact Layla to see how she has been doing

"Hey Layla, you've been doing good, right?"

Sapheram decides to go to the Crunkle Society capital or whatever it's called. One body teleports there.

"Hmmm."

Overlord775 said:
The acquatic dinosaur does a slow nod with her head.
"Hmmmm, mind if I ask, do you have more of your species around here? Or they are not... well... alive?"

Z9-27 has a small beep emanate from his dustbin. He recognises this as the signal used if there are any breaches occurring in one's area. He had removed it previously because the amount he was payed only supported housing that was frequently prone to meteorite showers, therefore making an excessive number of breaches reach his location as such that he simply couldn't bear the unhindered booming sound of the obnoxious device while his home was being vaporised. Although, as he, without much to do, decided to stare out at his sizeable reason for insurance he instead found a human, or something he could approximate to be as such. "Huh, interesting". He stepped outside his house and looked at the being.

@WHYNAUT "Greetings there, stranger. If you are to kill me and attempt to do as such to my race, which based on prior evidence now no longer seems like the escape it used to be, could you keep my estate agent alive briefly as you shove my urn up his anus?"

@Phoenix "Uh, sure" Crunkledunk follows Nicholas

Sapheram stares at the Crunkle clone for a moment.

"I came here to look at what Crunkle had created. It's quite something."

"So... what happened to your parents?" She says, patting the Prehistoric animal, trying to confort her

Drite77 said:
"So... what happened to your parents?" She says, patting the Prehistoric animal, trying to confort her
Nessie shakes her head once more, it seems Dilma is wrong about something.

"I'm Z9-27, I work as a kind of grammar checker for inventions in Crunkle society and then forward them to the prime Crunkledunk"

@Drite

Nessie seems to have made up her mind, as she turns towards the center of the lake and submerges partially.

The creature then looks towards Dilma and emits another whale-like noise, seemigly wanting the white mage to follow her.

Nicholas and the ones with him reappear in the lab they left from, the work has slowed down significantly now, though things are still happening in the lab.

"So, that is over now. I have begun preparations for something unrelated, besides that, it would seem I have "free time" now, to an extent. Perhaps I should figure out where to put this thing." Nicholas says, pointing out of a window to the massive Bionis titan floating out in space nearby, shrouded in a field of energy.

Jonathan seems to travel to and from Layla's bases, as if preparing something, he also seems to disappear entirely at moments.

"If you don't have anywhere else to store it, you could put it in the Imaginary Number Space." Kyouka says

Meanwhile the avatar sent to The Garden uses a charge, summoning the 10 rings of Solomon, she uses her origin of Consolidation during the summoning to keep it them summoned, additionally several other avatars use other spells to skew probability, and use Nothingness's property of being "that which is not possible, but materializes", in order to apply that to the rings as well, keeping them in being even after they normally would have faded. Once all was said and done, the rings are placed into a pocket of INS for the main Kyouka, and the avatars fade away except for the first one.

Overlord775 said:
@Drite
Nessie seems to have made up her mind, as she turns towards the center of the lake and submerges partially.

The creature then looks towards Dilma and emits another whale-like noise, seemigly wanting the white mage to follow her.
Dilma curiously follows Nessie with a smile on her face

"Hehehe, I don't know if I should be, but I am very excited on what is going to happen, don't let me down, ok girl?" She says as she pats Nessie on the head

[Sorry for disappearing, I was over reacting through some silly rl stuff, though i may still went missing from time to time

Back