• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock composition, melting point, latent heat of fusion, done

I think WeeklyBattles means the real life car window, wooden box and ceramic pot. Which comes in different sizes and actually have to be made in custom calculations.

Psychomaster35 said:
What about a formula of hitting with enough force knock a portion of an object off? Heres a sample.
AKA THE base Sonic galactite feat huh?

I shall leave it for others to do it.

Meanwhile I find it weird that shearing a tree with an axe takes much less energy than to saw it off with a saw - found when examining Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

Jasonsith said:
We may see here for the dimensions of containers in the real world.

Assuming it is an average length of a 40 foot (12.18 m) container that is being concerned, length = 1218 cm, height = 239 cm

Width of the wall = 25 mm = 2.5 cm with a further "corrugation" of 2.5 cm

Material "thickness" occupied = (2.5^2 + 2.5^2)^0.5 = 3.535533906 cm
Will do it by this weekend.

Update:

1. I am likely working IRL during the weekend.

2. I just eyeballed it and found that the weight of the container itself is usually around 450 kg to 3890 kg only, meaning that container material volume will only be around 166,667 cc to 1,440,741 cc (assume aluminium composition). Yield will only be at around 8,125,000 J (Wall) to 51,002,222,222 J (City Block). This also means the material thickness will be around 1 cm instead of the 2.5 cm statement by the company itself.

3. Work on container destruction will have to be delayed or even replanned and re discussed.

Jasonsith said:
3. Work on container destruction will have to be delayed or even replanned and re discussed.
Just find the weight of an average container, divide the mass in grams with the building material's density in g/cm^3 and then multiply it with the material's frag, v. frag and pulv. Easy.

BTW, containers are made of steel, makes our work even easier. Steel's density is 7.75-8.05 g/cm^3, so an average of 7.9 g/cm^3.

Here's a link with tare weights avaliable if you want to use it: link. (link has 20ft, 20ft high cube, 40ft, 40ft high cube, 6ft, 8ft, and 10ft containers with dimensions and weights). The tare weight of a 40 ft container is 3,750 kg, but I think that would also include the plywood flooring inside.

The calculation is fine for all, matey.

My concern is: even destroying the whole chunk of steel would yield only what included in my prior statement

And this mean revising some existing calculations, which included mine.

Edit: Has almost got all the results required. All I need is to publish it before I go back to work.

I don't remember a whole lot of shipping container feats other than the one you showed.

I will unsubscribe from this thread. You can use my message wall to tell me if you need my help later on.

yeah, it's already on the page.

Also ripping heads off was deemed to be Class 5 based on the same video involving spine-ripping.

EDIT: Wait, it hasn't been added to the page yet despite it being accepted by multiple calc members including Antoniofer (He's the one who gave us the link to the video in the first place) and a bunch of others literally more than a year ago, Jasonsith even did an AP calc based on it which also got accepted.

Jasonsith said:
ChemistKyle89 said:
(Spine-Rip): It's not on References for Common Feats, but it is on Jason's Reference of Common Feats. The page used for the head size numbers are basically the female head sizes and the spine numbers are female and male respectively. Wikipedia gives different numbers for male head size. {#14 bottom of chin to top of head}.
Thanks. Fixed.
Force is correct but work is certainly not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back