• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done a calc for freezing a city long time ago but it doesn't have enough evaluations.

User blog:M3X/General calc: Freeze a city

Just to point out that all methods are different of course, since they used a different... method to freeze something. Then it just depend of what the character did, it can be method 1, 2 or 3. If one gets accepted, all methods should

@Jasonsith Can you include all the feats calculated by other people in your blog so DontTalkDT can evaluate them in one go when he has the time?

It takes time but sure I can.

And speaking I can is much easier than actually regrouping data from all different blogs and smack them in one blog.

Appreciated if people can tune on their respective values in their own bligs first.

Including material destruction strength as well as tiering against a standard human (say with 1.684 m and 62 kg running 6.35 m/s)? Thanks.

Speaking of standard human punching speed... Is 6.35 m/s good enough or should we use normal human punching speed (scaled to punching speed of a normal researcher) = 15 miles per hour = 6.7056 m/s (Average human+)?

Just for reference:

Athletic human punching speed (scaling to average punching speed of Hatton) = 25 mph = 11.176 m/s (Peak human)

Some low-end peak human punching speed (scaling to peak punching speed of Hatton) = 32 mph = 14.30528 m/s (Superhuman)

A higher peak human punching speed (scaling to peak punching speed of Keith Liddell) = 44 mph = 19.66976 m/s (Superhuman)

Sometimes I wonder if those "high attack speeds" with a weapon comes from the tip of the weapon or KE transfer to a much lighter projectile so I suggest everyone be very exact and precise on picking those figures.

More or less, but we still need DontTalkDT to apply them.

..... ssso, uh.. do we have to wait for DontTalkDT to start applying these to calcs? If it's been accepted and we're just waiting for it to be added in, I don't see the problem.

How strong exactly is a explosion that blows up a classroom? I know it's small bulding level but how high into it?

Can you please calc the fragmentation of a wooden chair? Its for a certain thing I am working on.

Spinoirr said:
How strong exactly is a explosion that blows up a classroom? I know it's small bulding level but how high into it?
There's a pretty basic formula that lets you plug in radius of explosion to get the exact joule value out.

Spinoirr said:
TBH I have no idea how to use it. I looked at it and I have no idea
Y = ((x/0.28)^3)/2

Where x is the radius in meters, and Y is the result in grams of TNT.

That's around 32,687,500 Joules. Around the middle of Small Building level.

Still waiting for the wooden chair fragmentation feat. Specifically, something like this chair:

D1AA8CF6-069B-4809-8EF0-0D55BBB55F46

That's just cutting one up into pieces tho, what about smashing one into bits?

Also wh the hell makes a chair out of stone

If you have a chair in mind, just measure out the parts and use wood frag values.

It's not difficult, just time-consuming and boring.

Or one could find the mass of a solid wooden chair, divide its mass in grams with density to get the volume and using wood frag values.

KLOL506 said:
That's just cutting one up into pieces tho, what about smashing one into bits?

Also wh the hell makes a chair out of stone
I have also included some values of full pulverisation to compare with cutting a part out from a complete chair.

Perhaps I may later include the frag and v frag values for the sake of control.

And yes I derive my chair cutting/smashing feats from real chairs, including seats, backs, and legs. Just count how many legs and seats and backs are there in the chair in question.

There are different sizes of chairs in the real world. I am giving general values so that one may estimate by counting the level of destruction of the said chair and do the calculation straight away.

And yes there are fictional stories where chairs are made of stone. There are quite some furniture made of marble, which are effectively stones. (Actually Chinese wuxia novels have quite some stone furniture breaking feats.) And craters in the shape of a chair can definitely be estimated from this. In fact there is a Scooby Doo episode where a table throwing feat resulted in the formation of a crater in the shape of a stone furniture, and the feat yield is answered by energy required from pulverisation of a stone furniture.

The throne of Gondor is white marble and the steward's chair is black stone. You could consider a toilet a chair and those are commonly ceramic (porcelain), plastic, wood, and concrete. A lot of chairs are made of hollow metal tubing as well. One particular chair is comprised of 1,000 sword (Iron Throne).

I was curious how much energy it would take to sublimate The Wall from GOT. It takes 3012.48 kJ to sublimate 1 kg of ice, or 3.012E+6 J per kg. Ice has a mass of 919 kg/m^3. The Wall averages 482 km (4.82E+5 m) by 213 m by 91 m, giving it a volume of 9342606000 m^3 (9.34E+9 m^3). That's 8.586E+12 kg of ice, which requires 2.586E+19 J to sublimate (Island level).

Wonder how much energy all of North America makes, so I can calc this gosh darn emp feat

It's clearly more then city block level

Spinoirr said:
Wonder how much energy all of North America makes, so I can calc this gosh darn emp feat

It's clearly more then city block level
EMPs don't scale to the amount of energy in the system they disable.

Yeah but its value won't be equal to the energy North America makes.

It'd be equal to the energy the most resilient vital component of the electric grid takes to disable, proportional to the distance Sonic would be away from it.

DeathstroketheHedgehog said:
..... ssso, uh.. do we have to wait for DontTalkDT to start applying these to calcs? If it's been accepted and we're just waiting for it to be added in, I don't see the problem.
I've been trying to patiently wait for DontTalkDT for what's nearly a week now and no response, and I gotta say, I find it offputting that this wiki relies on the word of one person before things get accepted.

DontTalkDT seems to be extremely busy and has yet to respond to multiple important revisions. Perhaps you can ask Executor N0, he is quite knowledgeable too.

Allow me to quickly posit a new idea.

Destruction values are not actually that difficult to verify, especially not in a scenario where sources are cited directly. I'd be happy to check them and verify them and, after that, I think any particular calc group member could also dip in and say "yes, looks fine". And that would be fine, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back