• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Just use the volume of a hand assuming it was the shape of an entire fist.
It looks more like a spike ball really.

It doesn't have the shape of a fist, it just weren't made by a explosion (which results in circular craters) it looks like someone broke a wall or something, but as a crater with depth and stuff.

Is a little ankward to admit, but the calc is for a fanmade series so it will go to FC/OC, i'm asking help here because this is my first calc with pixel scaling and i wanted to try something with more liberty.

Uhhh guys...

Proper door measurements here

The current link we're using is dead and requires a web-archive, the one I just found is more recent and prolly more accurate.

Granted, it won't change the final ratings but still.

KLOL506 said:
Uhhh guys...

Proper door measurements here

The current link we're using is dead and requires a web-archive, the one I just found is more recent and prolly more accurate.

Granted, it won't change the final ratings but still.
There are different doors in the real world. We are just trying to use one door size for calculating fiction feats.

Likely if one setting has some specific door size that should override as well.

It sounds like a difference between exterior and interior doors.

Interior Doors are 80 in (203.2 cm) x 36" (91.44 cm) {Wheelchair accessible} x 1-3/8" (3.4925 cm).

According to this, standard width of an interior door simply for passage purposes is 32" (81.28 cm)...but public buildings will most likely have wheelchair accessible width.

Also according to this, standard exterior door (front door, etc.) is 80 in (203.2 cm) x 36 in (91.44 cm) x 1-3/4" (4.445 cm)

Guess we should have values for both.

Also exterior doors can be as tall as 96 inches as well.

All calcs using piercing energy were considered invalid.

ChemistKyle89 said:
Vaporizing a Human - Muscle =/= Protein. Muscle is composed of water, protein, fat and glycogen...so the Vaporizing a Human calc is calc stacking.
Avg Mass: 62 kg, Temperature: 1800 F = 982.2222222 C; Avg Body Temp 98.6 F = 37 C; Ôêåt = 945.2222222 C; Average Specific Heat of the Human Body: 3470 J/kg-C

Plug into Calculator: 203,355,108.4108 J
Not true, muscle has its own heat capacity. Here. Maybe it was worded wrong and instead of protein it should have been written as muscle only, but with the protein, water, fat and glycogen combined, it amounts to 3421 J/kg

I don't think it's calc stacking, and the current calc seems fine. The heat capacity for muscle and protein are the same.

I'm not sure if that calc you've listed is better or not, since the average specific heat of the human body would be better, but it's unclear how that website got such a value.

Plus, DT said that you'd also have to take into account latent heat of vaporization, specific heat capacity alone is not gonna cut it.

Aaaaaaaaaand assuming you use latent heat of vaporization of water only alongside the specific heat capacity value for humans, you get 98 megajoules for water and in total 301 megajoules. It'd be close to our current values regardless.

Ah, so Kyle's method would probably make values even higher, it seems.

Yeah, we do need to find 'em though I'm not sure where to look, Google gives me nothing about the values minus water.

Regardless, our current calc is fine as is, as it serves as a baseline approximation of all the elements involved.

My point was, the calc uses the specific heat for muscle when calculating the protein portion. Muscle is ~75% water, ~20% protein, 1-10% fat, and 1% glycogen. [1].

I did forget latent heat of vaporization. That part won't change and we only know water...so...

203,355,108.4108 J + 84,246,840 J = 287,601,948.4108 J {vs 306,812,164.7216 J}

It wouldn't change much in the long run, but it'd make it easier to calc something like charring a human 700 C. That's a temp change of 663 C. Plug that in as Ôêåt and you get 142,637,820 J + 84,246,840 J = 226,884,466 J.

Muscle and protein have the same specific heat.

We cannot just take the component parts of a material and add up their specific heats and proportions to get a correct answer for heating it up. That tends to give ludicrous results, depending on the material.

There's also the fact that the 4.34 kg of blood means the total weight is 66.34 kg, not 62 kg.

62 kg Human

37.2 kg Water, 10.54 kg Fat, 9.92 kg Protein, 3.72 kg Minerals, 0.62 kg Carbohydrates, 4.34 kg Blood = 66.34 kg

That should be corrected, yeah.

I feel like blood is generally accounted for in one's weight.

I'm assuming that the water in the blood was double counted, hence the discrepancy; the current calc adds up to 107% of the weight.

The calc should probably be adjusted to use less water.

EDIT: Yeah looking at the sources for the calc it seems all over the place. 60% water comes from a lowball on wikipedia, most of the other numbers seem to come from an outdated version of this page, and blood's % comes from this website. We should ideally get all of these figures from the same source.

Oh, I see what you mean then, carry on.

Ok so taking into account that blood is already part of water (As in, just remove step 6 altogether), we come back to 291,979,398 joules.

I originally thought blood to be a separate entity as water considering it has plasma but what the heck.

Or, we could take the easy way out and involve the normal heat capacity and the latent heat of water version and use that for total vaporization. The lower temperature could be used for a second calc where the body isn't vaporized but merely reduced to dry bone fragments.

I guess either adjust using less water or less blood. Preferably the latter imo since the first one more accurate due to latent heat.

So what percentage of the blood should we take?

EDIT: DAMN, only 1% left. Best to just ditch Step 6 and keep blood as part of water.

Also crematoriums suggest to use 1400 degrees F or 760 degrees C at the minimum to get bone char, maybe we should use that instead for reducing humans to bone fragments.

I'd say to go with 37 C.

Guess another calc needs to be added to the list.

@KLOL506 and Agnaa

Should I give you both temporary rollback rights, so you can edit as usual during the partial lockdown?

Antvasima said:
@KLOL506 and Agnaa
Should I give you both temporary rollback rights, so you can edit as usual during the partial lockdown?
I guess you could if you wish to.

You'd also need to unlock the References for Common Feats page so that I can correct the vaporizing feat and add in a new feat for reducing bodies to char.

Okay. I will do so. Tell me here when you are done.

Copy and paste data from here and notify once done, thanks.

EDIT: Just to ask: I find someone edited it. But the yields are different from my draft. Please confirm which ends to use.

KLOL506 said:
You'd also need to unlock the References for Common Feats page so that I can correct the vaporizing feat and add in a new feat for reducing bodies to char.
Just... have you provided your working for everyone else to check?

EDIT2: Corrections applied. Admins may lock them back.

MistaClean said:
Im just gonna request that can someone calc surviving the Big Bang.
This has been calculated in this profile page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back