• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
He/Him
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Continuing from this thread, because it was apparently forgotten the past 2 months.

Now for the main consensus, there are some notable problems with this calc. One, we're using the stacked penetration calc to scale to everyone's Durability and Attack Potency; which we do not use. There was a general calc for someone being immune to bullets calc'd at 8-B, but it wasn't usable; otherwise Terminator and Robocop would have been 8-B a long time ago.

Now as for the calc itself, the calculated energy is only 3444000 Joules or 3.444 Megajoules, which is only 9-B. Using a Wall level calc to get City Block level durability ratings is for lack of better words, fallacious. Furthermore, WeeklyBattles mentioned them consistently getting harmed or even killed by various 9-B to 9-A stuff.

For the other 8-B feat, that one might be a bit more legit. But even then, there appears to be other notable flaws with it. Based on the visuals seen here, it looks as if it could be a chain reaction. Even very basic explosives can cause giant avalanches, or even a kid throwing a snowball has caused an avalanche before. That doesn't mean the smaller explosives or the kid's snowball scaled from it. Fragmentatising small portions of followed by the higher up parts naturally collapsing is a very common thing.

There were also mentions of people actually not legitimately capable of tanking those same explosives in the same thread regardless of whether or not the calc is legit though. But, I digress.

Conclusion
The Magnum calc only peaks at 9-B, though I here there were other calcs that were 9-B to 9-A. And the grenades as mentioned above are either not really 8-B or no one actually scales from it. So with that, we may need to downgrade the cast like what was suggested previously.

Thank you so much for reviving this

And yes it is a chain reaction, it was done with multiple explosives

If the calcs actually put them at much lower than what they currently are then I agree. Not much to add that point.

just a point from last thread

• Bulletproof would be applicable in this case. Piercing energy is negged if the bullet cannot penetrate- meaning they can tank it without being harmed. A video in the last thread proved that this could be done by heavy armor in the verse (I believe by Sharkface).
I literally just woke up so I'll go back later

Even so, we don't use penetration power; and we especially don't compare the bullet's volume to the body's surface area. Even if we did use penetration, it makes far more sense to compare it to the fist of a human given the standard for Normal human attack Potency is a punch; ramming and body slamming are technically Street level for any non physically impaired humans.

Furthermore, calcing penetration power is another example of Calc Stacking, which we again do not use. So in other words, the 8-B durability is still not justified. And at best, 9-A is the actual durability required to be 100% bullet proof.

I suppose the downgrades are in order, but who's willing to handle them?

Well in terms of vs battle potential I like season 16 but as an actual season it's probably the worst season in my opinion.....which surprised me seeing how I thought the same thing about season 15 (exception being that episode with the dinosaur because that was hysterical)

I'm not too familiar with the series and only seen a few episodes here in there, but might watch it when I have time. I'm still positive I like RWBY a lot better though. I mainly made the thread, because I know Weekly's familiar with the series and agree about his points about the verse "Dodging the Bullet" on the rules against Calc Stacking in the form of penetration.

Red vs Blue from objectively speaking is better than RWBY but only because of certain arcs not the whole series.

TBH I don't know if I could ever get into RWBY at this point. Every review I see of the series is "How it's gone downhill", "How it's new villains were wasted potential", and "What happened to RWBY's chaarcter design?" The worst one being one saying Ruby isn't even a good protagonist.

Ruby isn't bad. It's just that she's had little importance in the grand scale of things for a while. Volume 6 however is where she shines greatly.

Villains being wasted potential? Only one could fit the bill the rest are good.

I've never really seen RWBY but have heard mixed things abou it. I have seen all season of RvB though my memory isn't the best.

I don't really care much for reviews unless they're certain YouTuber's I'm familiar and generally prefer to experience it for myself before judging it. And well, in terms of story; Season 4 and 5 are not quite as strong as the first 3 seasons, but the animation is one thing that's actually getting better. And Season 6 kind of got it back on track. And I do still like the personality of the characters; especially Yang and Blake. And I don't really have a problem with the villains. But this is derailment, let's keep the focus on the RvB statistics.

...I mean...

the animator did?

It is but a calc is still appreciated

Also i think we were gonna try to have some of the bullet dodging feats calced as well

Well if iirc it was Maine who had his head smashed into a concrete column shattering it completely (if it wasn't Maine then Wyoming).

Oh yeah, I forgot how bad the speed justifications look. It's so poorly formatted and don't really line up very well. Also, did they dodge sniper rifles point blank, or was it Aim Dodging? Avoiding sniper weapons aren't usually legit given the nature.

I know theyve legitimately dodged pistol fire but i dont know about sniper fire, especially when Maine was tagged by a sniper round from a good distance away

Yeah, dodging Magnums should be a solid Supersonic combat speed feat, but the sniper rifle dodging is what seems iffy too me since no one really uses those close up.

I would if I had more free time, but I just moved into a new house as mentioned on a highlighted thread, so going to be pretty moving furniture and adapting to a new work place among other things.

Back