• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Ragnarok: Whatever the hell happened to this verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I completely disagree with that compromise. For starters, that compromise is wrong, the feat literally cannot be MFTL, Ultima gave an entire reasoning why that's the case. Second, looking for a compomise for something that has two very clear options that contradict each other is a golden mean fallacy. I don't care if Infinite speed is accepted, but a compromise is definitely not the solution to this.
Well, I guess Infinite Speed gets accepted with a note on the pages. The vote’s still 9 for time stop and 12 for infinite speed, with 2 staff votes for both sides, so I guess majority wins.

Doesn’t majority override? I don’t see the point of counting other’s votes if it only comes down to staff votes.

Doesn’t majority override? I don’t see the point of counting other’s votes if it only comes down to staff votes.
No, that's not how CRT works. We don't decide them by majority vote, that's a measure we have to not get bandwagons and yes-men to upgrade verses via them being popular (stuff like Marvel, DC, Dragon Ball, Bleach and Naurto are blatant examples of CRTs with over 10 regular members agreeing but with like 4 staff saying no gets it rejected). If the staff vote is equal, then we need more staff to vote.

They should downscale.
This doesn't exist. Zeus is portrayed as way stronger than any other gods even when he's in his suppressed form. There's no argument for why they should downscale from the strongest god.

Shiva is the strongest God of India and Zeus left him scared shitless in his weakest form.

The feats that the other gods get also make it abundantly clear they don't scale from Zeus. They have nothing on his level.

The only reason people aren't admitting it is they can't admit that the gods are weak.

Zeus' Divine Axe isn't even his base speed. He gradually got faster as he fought Adam and got serious. Going from his small form to his muscular form and then using a named attack that has a FTL result.

Poseidon got overwhelmed by a supersonic attack measured in KM/H. And he's the strongest God of Olympus besides Zeus.

Poseidon got overwhelmed by a supersonic attack measured in KM/H

What in the goddamn

I don't remember this happening, and even then we have Ares seeing Poseidon's attacks as afterimages while he could see Divine Axe clearly.

Zeus' Divine Axe isn't even his base speed. He gradually got faster as he fought Adam and got serious. Going from his small form to his muscular form and then using a named attack that has a FTL result.

Poseidon got overwhelmed by a supersonic attack measured in KM/H. And he's the strongest God of Olympus besides Zeus.
What supersonic attack overwhelmed posiden?

What in the goddamn

I don't remember this happening, and even then we have Ares seeing Poseidon's attacks as afterimages while he could see Divine Axe clearly.
They measure Sasaki's initial technique at "200km/h" and they say it's a "supremely fast strike". Poseidon barely dodges it.

Even Poseidon's best speed feats (The dome of afterimages) isn't going to give him anything over hypersonic.

That seems like an instance of the author not knowing the actual power he's been giving out, like ****** Julius Reinhold's, from Kengan Asura, speed being stated to be comparable to top athletes like that even means anything when people like Rei exist.

Poseidon getting overwhelmed is a outlier, ares reacted to a FTL attack.

They measure Sasaki's initial technique at "200km/h" and they say it's a "supremely fast strike".

Even Sasaki's best speed feats (The dome of afterimages) isn't going to give him anything over hypersonic.
They said it “exceeds” 200km/h, not that it is just 200km/h lol

fiSe17e_d.webp

They said it “exceeds” 200km/h, not that it is just 200km/h lol
You do realize this is a weak argument.

You don't say "I can lift over 10 tons" if you can actually lift a mountain. You just say "I can lift a mountain". Comparative scales like that exist to show how fast or strong someone is in relation to something else.

You do realize this is a weak argument.

You don't say "I can lift over 10 tons" if you can actually lift a mountain. You just say "I can lift a mountain". Comparative scales like that exist to show how fast or strong someone is in relation to something else.
Ok and? How dose this change anything? Posiden is being tagged by an attack at an unknown speed(while barley trying at the time) which even impressed ares

OmIH8Oq_d.webp

So I’m pretty sure it’s not “supersonic” as your trying to imply

Ok and? How dose this change anything? Posiden is being tagged by an attack at an unknown speed(while barley trying at the time) which even impressed ares
Because said attack isn't much faster than 200km/h. It can't be or else they'd use another metric. They specifically go "It can catch the turn of a swallow at 200 km/h" to explain how fast it is.

I'm not saying Poseidon is only that slow but his own best speed feat (The 40 Day Flood) is not going to be better than Hypersonic.

Also impressing Ares is not a feat he's about as easily impressed as Zeno.

Anything a guy does Ares is going to be like WOW.

Because said attack isn't much faster than 200km/h. It can't be or else they'd use another metric. They specifically go "It can catch the turn of a swallow at 200 km/h" to explain how fast it is.

I'm not saying Poseidon is only that slow but his own best speed feat (The 40 Day Flood) is not going to be better than Hypersonic.
Says who? Why dose it matter what metric they. Um no they goes “capable of catching a swallow, with turning speeds exceeding 200km/hr”

seeing as ares litterly described his speed as “blinding speed”
ekVFx79_d.webp

So I’m pretty sure his way above hypersonic
Also impressing Ares is not a feat he's about as easily impressed as Zeno.

Anything a guy does Ares is going to be like WOW.
When? Ares has only been impressed or surprised when things start to get intense like when Adam was dicking down Zeus or when herc got his arm chopped of or when radien broke shivas arm and etc.

They measure Sasaki's initial technique at "200km/h" and they say it's a "supremely fast strike". Poseidon barely dodges it.

Even Poseidon's best speed feats (The dome of afterimages) isn't going to give him anything over hypersonic.
Wasn’t the whole premise of this attack that it’s not something anyone is supposed to be able to do, implying it caught Poseidon off guard?

Also, isn’t it directly stated that Poseidon wasn’t using anywhere near his full power at that point? I’m not arguing that he directly scales to Zeus or anything, but still.

Last edited:
With the context that he was expecting to counter attack and kill Sasaki, and also that it’s something that apparently only Sasaki has only ever been able to do, and only seemingly a few times, it makes more sense.

Poseidon is supposed to be one of the few gods that apparently scales somewhat to Zeus, it really does just make more sense to say PIS.

Poseidon’s later feats, I don’t know. Those’ll probably be calced or something, but that feat just seems like an outlier or PIS.

Also, isn’t it directly stated that Poseidon wasn’t using anywhere near his full power at that point? I’m not arguing that he directly scales to Zeus or anything, but still.
yes but his full-power best feat is creating a dome of afterimages around himself. That isn't going be better than Hypersonic. Nobody has the balls to actually calc that feat cause it'd be so much lower than Zeus and yet it's supposed to be Poseidon's max.

yes but his full-power best feat is creating a dome of afterimages around himself. That isn't going be better than Hypersonic. Nobody has the balls to actually calc that feat cause it'd be so much lower than Zeus and yet it's supposed to be Poseidon's max.
Pretty sure he wasn’t even really serious until he dyed his hair with blood which was after he 40 day flood attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back