• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reactive Evolution For 2 Saiyans

News flash: Many characters in fiction have done the same lmao
Huh? What're you talking about? The series itself doesn't depict or state he's resisting the TS, by powering up and showcasing his speed is literally alluding to him just being that fast. The ability isn't a generic timestop, it's some form of timetravel, and Goku is literally moving fast enough to catch him during this skip as we see on screen.
That's not enough to disprove resistance
The evidence depicting it as a mere resistance is nigh zero, considering the several implications of this being a raw power feat.

It doesn't matter what Time Skip is, all that matters is that he was completely resistant to it during the rematch
The OP is using Kaioken as an example of this spontaneous resistance and I'm disagreeing with that logic, so it does matter. They said timeskip wouldn't work on Goku, because he knows he can already beat it as shown in a previous arc, nothing here depicts this as a resistance esp if the Kaioken feat isn't considered a resistance.

The OP is using Kaioken as an example of this spontaneous resistance and I'm disagreeing with that logic, so it does matter. They said timeskip wouldn't work on Goku, because he knows he can already beat it as shown in a previous arc, nothing here depicts this as a resistance esp if the Kaioken feat isn't considered a resistance.
I don't see how the Kaio-ken matters when he's simply resistant to Time Skip in its entirety during their rematch

Whether or not you agree with the part about Kaio-ken Goku breaking through his Time Skip doesn't matter. Goku as of their rematch had completely adapted to the ability. I don't understand why you're stonewalling

Huh? What're you talking about? The series itself doesn't depict or state he's resisting the TS, by powering up and showcasing his speed is literally alluding to him just being that fast. The ability isn't a generic timestop, it's some form of timetravel, and Goku is literally moving fast enough to catch him during this skip as we see on screen.

The evidence depicting it as a mere resistance is nigh zero, considering the several implications of this being a raw power feat.
Hit has three time manipulation inhabitants

Ability 1: Time Jump the ability to jump a few seconds into the future

Ability 2: stop time, it is demonstrated in the tournament of power, during the fight against Goku, and before Goku's death by Hit

Skill 3: Time Cage, it's skill that he paralyzes his opponent with time and uses his energy to maintain the cage

In the general discussion of DB I left several proofs there that he has a time stop too, everything could have a look lol

In the anime this is not used, only in the manga it is, I think it is confusing, where in the manga the skill has shown weaknesses.

I don't see how that matters when he's simply resistant to Time Skip in its entirety during their rematch

Whether or not you agree with the part about Kaio-ken doesn't matter. Goku as of their rematch had completely adapted to the ability
Do you have any scans stating this? The scan in the OP only says the TS ability doesn't work on him anymore, as showcased in their fight with Kaioken, Goku has countered it and made it null against him. That statement doesn't inherently imply a resistance considering the context presented in an earlier arc.

Do you have any scans stating this? The scan in the OP only says the TS ability doesn't work on him anymore, as showcased in their fight with Kaioken, Goku has countered it and made it null against him. That statement doesn't inherently imply a resistance considering the context presented in an earlier arc.
???

He literally says it

Also by the end of their first match Time-Skip was working on SSBKKx10

Meanwhile during their rematch Goku says Time-Skip won't work on him and Hit agrees. Obviously he'd adapted to it by that point

Last edited:
Hit has three time manipulation inhabitants

Ability 1: Time Jump the ability to jump a few seconds into the future

Ability 2: stop time, it is demonstrated in the tournament of power, during the fight against Goku, and before Goku's death by Hit

Skill 3: Time Cage, it's skill that he paralyzes his opponent with time and uses his energy to maintain the cage

In the general discussion of DB I left several proofs there that he has a time stop too, everything could have a look lol
Can you show me his timestops? As far as I'm aware, his skip looks like a stop on screen but with the context presented to us it's made clear that he's actually traveling into the future, and iirc none of the other instances have been stated to be a timestop.

I agree with Goku's RE, but I'm more neutral on Broly's RE since it was more along the lines of him growing in power, not resisting the ability. Accelerated development and power mimicry seem fine for Broly, since he just overflowed Goku's God Bind with his own energy and copied the technique, but there's no proof he outright gained immunity to it.
Well what proof is there Goku is stronger than Broly at that point? Broly seemed stronge even before the god bind

Also it’s already accepted that this is resistance to paralysis Inducement and not an immunity

I disagree with Goku. Literally right after that statement Hit's timeskip works on Goku (he used it to dodge his punch) and he states he's lengthened the timeskip, increasing the duration. That's not a resistance for Goku. And then hit further increases the duration and just hard blitz Goku even with Kaiokenx10.

According to the dub Goku was doing this by skipping into the future slightly, which makes sense narratively, but it's not stated in the sub. But the sub claims goku predicting the future is risky and also a cause of his ki spasms, which makes 0 sense. I'll look at the raws later.

As for Broly, all he did was overpower the ki keeping him in place, it's no different than overpowering someone's TKs and he visibly does this with raw power. Trapping someone in your ki=/=paralysis in the way you're depicting, by definition its paralysis but it's no different than paralysis via TK, which is overcame with raw power
Bruh it’s already accepted as an resistance for Goku and he intercepted him in the middle of ts can we stop arguing things already accepted

though I will probably add that one scan since Goku gained immunity to ts in their second fight

???

He literally says it

Also by the end of their first rematch Time-Skip was working on SSBKKx10

Meanwhile during their rematch Goku says Time-Skip won't work on him and Hit agrees
He doesn't state he has some supernatural resistance towards it Marv, he claims it'll no longer work, something we know is true because a much weaker state has surpassed it. Nothing alludes to a resistance, but instead emphasizes on the fact that Goku has overcame this ability in general, which we already know.

SSBKKx10 was beat only when hit further advances his technique, but as the show has already made clear in that same fight, you can surpass the limited time Hit has by traveling in the same timespan or even further than that.

Goku saying it no longer works clearly references his fight with Hit previously and can equally be interpreted as such. While your interpretation can also be made, it has less grounds than the clear chain of events with KK and a much stronger Goku.

Even steelmanning you and claiming he does have a supernatural resistance by the time of the rematch, it wouldn't have been generated during the KK fight and sometime in between for the rematch, which goes against the idea of it being spontaneous.

Even steelmanning you and claiming he does have a supernatural resistance by the time of the rematch, it wouldn't have been generated during the KK fight and sometime in between for the rematch, which goes against the idea of it being spontaneous.
That's still Reactive Evolution

A character gaining new resistance to an ability that preciously affected them isn't covered by anything but Reactive Evolution

Well what proof is there Goku is stronger than Broly at that point? Broly seemed stronge even before the god bind
Goku would not be able to take hits from a stronger than SSJG Broly in base or SSJ, while this could easily be wrote off as an outlier/contradiction, there's nothing alluding to it being stronger than SSG prior to him clearing powering up. Goku easily danced around his punches and even ate his punch after Broly trapped him, no damage at all, he wasn't even pushed back from it. And then he casually flips him. There's nothing alluding to Broly being superior to God at that point so let's not assume that's the case.
Also it’s already accepted that this is resistance to paralysis Inducement and not an immunity

Bruh it’s already accepted as an resistance for Goku and he intercepted him in the middle of ts can we stop arguing things already accepted
Something being accepted doesn't mean it's correct or not misinterpreted, so in regards to an upgrade the validity of said accepted concept can be questioned.

That's still Reactive Evolution

A character gaining new resistance to an ability that preciously affected them isn't covered by anything but Reactive Evolution
Reactive Evolution is the ability to, in response to threats and adverse situations, evolve in ways the user previously lacked
If he didn’t develop that mid battle with hit then it’s not RE, as it wasn’t developed in response to hit in that moment.

this isn't DC
the logic is literally the same

seriously???
yes, alternate timelines that never interacted, we can't assume anything without proof

good, you ignored feats, so i don't think i need to waste my time argue with you
i don't ignore feats, it is just that feats of power are not relevant here

so that mean you can't countered back aside from "this is how the wiki work", then
you know you are discussing in said wiki and is as such meant to do things to the way things are handled here right?

anyway, i need to sleep bruhh
night bro 🌕

Can you show me his timestops? As far as I'm aware, his skip looks like a stop on screen but with the context presented to us it's made clear that he's actually traveling into the future, and iirc none of the other instances have been stated to be a timestop.
第6宇宙の伝説の殺し屋。第7宇宙との格闘試合では、時間を止める技「時とばし」で悟空を窮地に追い込んだ。

Translation:

A legendary assassin from Universe 6. In a martial arts fight with Universe 7, he pushed Goku into a corner with his "Time Skip" technique, which stops
time.

A legendary assassin from Universe 6. In a martial arts fight with Universe 7, he pushed Goku into a corner with his "Time Skip" technique, which stops time.

Anime Hit quotes that he stops time

And here stating that for time

He doesn't state he has some supernatural resistance towards it Marv, he claims it'll no longer work, something we know is true because a much weaker state has surpassed it. Nothing alludes to a resistance, but instead emphasizes on the fact that Goku has overcame this ability in general, which we already know.

SSBKKx10 was beat only when hit further advances his technique, but as the show has already made clear in that same fight, you can surpass the limited time Hit has by traveling in the same timespan or even further than that.

Goku saying it no longer works clearly references his fight with Hit previously and can equally be interpreted as such. While your interpretation can also be made, it has less grounds than the clear chain of events with KK and a much stronger Goku.

What? It alludes to a resistance because he’s shown resisting it and in their second fight before Hit uses his hax Goku reminds him that his timeskip wont work on him and Hit confirms that to be true
Goku would not be able to take hits from a stronger than SSJG Broly in base or SSJ, while this could easily be wrote off as an outlier/contradiction, there's nothing alluding to it being stronger than SSG prior to him clearing powering up. Goku easily danced around his punches and even ate his punch after Broly trapped him, no damage at all, he wasn't even pushed back from it. And then he casually flips him. There's nothing alluding to Broly being superior to God at that point so let's not assume that's the case.

Something being accepted doesn't mean it's correct or not misinterpreted, so in regards to an upgrade the validity of said accepted concept can be questioned.
There’s nothing alluding to Goku being stronger than Broly only in that instance either we see Goku turn Ssjg and dodge an attack and then go to god bind which traps Broly and then Broly eventually breaks out of this god bind and adapts by using it on him as well
You say there’s nothing alluding to Broly being stronger in that case but there’s nothing alluding to Goku being stronger in there and then eventually being weaker either it’s just head canon and we see Broly demolish a ssjg goku

Perhaps something being accepted doesn’t mean it’s correct even though I think it’s correct you may make your own crt removing said resistances this is basically like

Example Situation: Goku getting upgraded from 3-A to Low 2-C or sum and Vegeta scales to Goku and we accept Goku is Low 2-C so someone makes a crt to add it for Vegeta and you mention how Vegeta doesn’t scale because of whatever when it was accepted before he was Low 2-C

Similar thing here but I’m not gonna stop you from making your own crt to why these shouldn’t be resistances but they are accepted to be resisstances atp and thus they should have RE

第6宇宙の伝説の殺し屋。第7宇宙との格闘試合では、時間を止める技「時とばし」で悟空を窮地に追い込んだ。

Translation:

A legendary assassin from Universe 6. In a martial arts fight with Universe 7, he pushed Goku into a corner with his "Time Skip" technique, which stops
time.

A legendary assassin from Universe 6. In a martial arts fight with Universe 7, he pushed Goku into a corner with his "Time Skip" technique, which stops time.

Anime Hit quotes that he stops time

And here stating that for time

That’s weird, they call his technique against Goku a timestop despite it being described and shown to be a skip

What? It alludes to a resistance because he’s shown resisting it and in their second fight before Hit uses his hax Goku reminds him that his timeskip wont work on him and Hit confirms that to be true.
Goku is never shown "resisting it" in their second fight, Hit confirming it doesn't work clearly references Goku ability to catch Hit mid skip, which im contesting to not be a resistance but a speed/ap feat.
There’s nothing alluding to Goku being stronger than Broly only in that instance either we see Goku turn Ssjg and dodge an attack and then go to god bind which traps Broly and then Broly eventually breaks out of this god bind and adapts by using it on him as well
You say there’s nothing alluding to Broly being stronger in that case but there’s nothing alluding to Goku being stronger in there and then eventually being weaker either it’s just head canon and we see Broly demolish a ssjg goku.
You're saying nothing I haven't said or you haven't said before, there's no proof of Broly being superior to Goku and vice versa, but the belief that this is anything other than Goku trapping him in his Ki is false. We even see that this bind is a psychical effect as Goku is clearly being pushed down as Broly pushes down on him.
Perhaps something being accepted doesn’t mean it’s correct even though I think it’s correct you may make your own crt removing said resistances this is basically like

Example Situation: Goku getting upgraded from 3-A to Low 2-C or sum and Vegeta scales to Goku and we accept Goku is Low 2-C so someone makes a crt to add it for Vegeta and you mention how Vegeta doesn’t scale because of whatever when it was accepted before he was Low 2-C

Similar thing here but I’m not gonna stop you from making your own crt to why these shouldn’t be resistances but they are accepted to be resisstances atp and thus they should have RE
True. I'll be doing that then.

Goku is never shown "resisting it" in their second fight, Hit confirming it doesn't work clearly references Goku ability to catch Hit mid skip, which im contesting to not be a resistance but a speed/ap feat.

You're saying nothing I haven't said or you haven't said before, there's no proof of Broly being superior to Goku and vice versa, but the belief that this is anything other than Goku trapping him in his Ki is false. We even see that this bind is a psychical effect as Goku is clearly being pushed down as Broly pushes down on him.

True. I'll be doing that then.
How is it a speed/AP feat? You could argue that for the manga though the manga explains that the stronger the person is the slower the t.s is probably due to their speed but this is the anime stop using manga to argue anime Hit says that timeskip would be charitable compared to his new technique which Goku confirms wasn’t timeskip but Goku states timeskip outright won’t work on him anymore

Sure he’s using the ability via ki like basically every other hax because it’s the UES what about it? It’s still a special technique that traps the opponent in place just having ki won’t allow you to use god bind so since there’s no proof broly or goku is stronger it’s resistance simple (though it’s already accepted)

Okay that’s fine

Hit confirming it doesn't work clearly references Goku ability to catch Hit mid skip, which im contesting to not be a resistance but a speed/ap feat.
The problem with this is Goku and Hit are relative to each other. And Hit at this point can use he's time-skip by touching you.

None of that is Reactive Evolution, it's just AD and Adaptation.
Broly's case has also been discussed recently here.

Reactive Evolution could use a better wording, but it requires actual evolution and change of the being, not simple increase in statistics, skill or learning an ability.
It says Re is similar to adaptation but they adapt and gain resistances as well I’m looking at what you said and what the page says and they don’t align at all could you copy and paste what part of the page you’re talking about?

None of that is Reactive Evolution, it's just AD and Adaptation.
Broly's case has also been discussed recently here.

Reactive Evolution could use a better wording, but it requires actual evolution and change of the being, not simple increase in statistics, skill or learning an ability.
Where does it say it needs a being to change? You can qualify for it via getting new resistances/haxes to battle abilities. Which is exactly what goku did.

That’s just semantics, it only means the Reactive Evolution page needs to be redifined so that the ability only applies to characters who evolve biologically to overcome adverse circumstances, bottom line is that some Saiyans can develop resistance to hax mid battle, it doesn’t matter how you add it to the profiles so long as they have it listed.

Neutral for now, leaning towards disagree

My question is why are we considering Goku's statement of "Your attack won't work any more" to be taken as a better resistance? We have been shown that Goku's way of countering Time-Skip (at least before he powered up to SSBKK x10) is by predicting Hit's movements, and Hit knows this to be the case as well, so why would he end up using Time-Skip again when he knows he could very easily be predicted by Goku since it has happened before?

I'm not saying it's outright wrong to consider it a resistance, I just don't think it's the more reasonable conclusion considering Goku has countered Time-Skip without resisting it before.

The fact that Hit doesn't use it on a Goku who is equal to him in power makes it seem more like its because he resists the ability entirely

The fact that Hit doesn't use it on a Goku who is equal to him in power makes it seem more like its because he resists the ability entirely
Why would that mean a resistance when Hit knows that Goku has found ways around his Time-Skip before through predictions of his actions, and has even been intercepted in the midst of it?

There's a difference between not using an ability because you know your opponent resists it, and not using an ability because you know that your opponent is able to play around your ability. I don't see why you'd take this one statement of Goku going "That won't work anymore" as resistance considering the fact that he, in the end, was still affected by it at some point.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. We have context from their prior fight.

There's a difference between not using an ability because you know your opponent resists it, and not using an ability because you know that your opponent is able to play around your ability. I don't see why you'd take this one statement of Goku going "That won't work anymore" as resistance considering the fact that he, in the end, was still affected by it at some point.
Because it worked on Goku's all-out power by the end of their fight

Yet by the rematch its stated to no longer work

That's blatant resistance

That's blatant resistance
No, it's really not. One can interpret it that way, but with the given prior context of their previous fight (where Goku originally had to play around it using predictions to attack Hit), it doesn't necessarily look that way.

If it's something to consider, I can compromise with a "Possibly" or "Likely" on Goku's RE.

No, it's really not. One can interpret it that way, but with the given prior context of their previous fight (where Goku originally had to play around it using predictions to attack Hit), it doesn't necessarily look that way.

If it's something to consider, I can compromise with a "Possibly" or "Likely" on Goku's RE.
How does that make it not decisive?

Hit improved his Time-Skip so that Goku could no longer use analytical prediction to counter. That makes it way less likely than resistance

Hit improved his TS to the point Analytical prediction didn’t matter goku had to resist and literally intercepted hit in his ts Goku resisting the level hit had to adapt to to overcome ssjb kk x10 goku just means Goku has even more justification for RE
Gaining new resistances is only covered by RE, so I don't see what SamanPatou's point on Goku is
I have no idea either he literally said that they adapted to gain a resistance and said that it wasn’t RE that’s literally word for word what RE is being able to get stronger and gain resistances and new abilities via adapting to the situation
Even if Goku doesn't get RE he's adaptation should be expanded on.
This is literally RE the only way this isn’t RE is if the resistances get removed

I Definitely want more staff evaluation on this

So far 1:1 though on staff votes

Last edited:
This is literally RE the only way this isn’t RE is if the resistances get removed

I Definitely want more staff evaluation on this

So far 1:1 though on staff votes
I agree with him having RE but if for some reason he doesn't get it should at least be covered in he's adaptation which is lacking in general because he's adapt to more than just gravity

Back