• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reactive Evolution For 2 Saiyans

Also ima point this out

• Battle (Formerly called "Reactive Power Level"): This is the ability to rapidly increase one's overall strength or other physical capabilities by engaging in combat, becoming more and more capable over the course of a fight. This ability can grant a significant edge in battle, as users can potentially strengthen themselves to match or exceed opponents that were previously on par with or more powerful than them. It is important to avoid confusing this ability with Reactive Evolution, which allows one to develop new powers and resistances in response to the enemy's attacks, and may encompass this ability as well in the process. By contrast, battle-oriented Accelerated Development does not grant any new abilities, it strictly improves existing ones.

Agree with everything. Broly blatantly nullified Goku's God Bind and used it on him, how's that not Reactive Evolution?
Well he resisted it not nullified it but yeah
Not sure what the argument against RE is the only logical argument is that the 2 characters don’t have resistances to those things but we accept they do already

Well, Goku and do develop resistances as they grow stronger via witnessing various powers and abilities, but it's often quite limited and there are some abilities Goku still have shown being susceptible to despite witnessing it multiple times. I think limited Reactive Evolution sounds at best.

Well, Goku and do develop resistances as they grow stronger via witnessing various powers and abilities, but it's often quite limited and there are some abilities Goku still have shown being susceptible to despite witnessing it multiple times. I think limited Reactive Evolution sounds at best.
I mean, reactive Evolution is limited to feats nowadays IIRC. So there's probably no need for the "limited" part.

We don't assume that RE can just gain resistance to anything. So limited is unwarranted.

What makes Goku's fine is the fact that Hit couldn't effrct SSB/Kaioken Goku with skip while facing down SSB Goku, Goku says it won't work and Hit says it would be charitable to use it on him despite the Goku standing in front of him isn't in Kaioken.

So either Goku gained a resistance to Time Skip in just SSB

or

Hit wouldn't be able to use Time Skip before Goku entered Kaioken which is illogical given Hit now knowing the technique would give Goku resistance to his Time Skip would rush him and use it before he transformed. Unless where arguing Goku can amp with Kaioken before Hit uses Time Skip?

As for Broly I think it's fine unless where arguing raw might is what allowed him to break God Bind? So he just eventually overpowered the energy holding him by growing stronger. Him learning God Bind can literally just be limited Power Mimicry and have nothing to do with Reactive Evolution.

What makes Goku's fine is the fact that Hit couldn't effrct SSB/Kaioken Goku with skip while facing down SSB Goku, Goku says it won't work and Hit says it would be charitable to use it on him despite the Goku standing in front of him isn't in Kaioken.

or

Hit wouldn't be able to use Time Skip before Goku entered Kaioken which is illogical given Hit now knowing the technique would give Goku resistance to his Time Skip would rush him and use it before he transformed. Unless where arguing Goku can amp with Kaioken before Hit uses Time Skip?
Either works for me.
As for Broly I think it's fine unless where arguing raw might is what allowed him to break God Bind? So he just eventually overpowered the energy holding him by growing stronger. Him learning God Bind can literally just be limited Power Mimicry and have nothing to do with Reactive Evolution.
I believe it was raw might that allowed him to break the God Bind, and learning the God Bind seems more like power mimicry and not really reactive evolution.

or

The first one it’s currently accepted as Greater resistance to TS and it scales to base since it’s outright stated to not work on him

For the broly one it’s currently accepted as resistance to Pl instead of being a power thing as well

The first one it’s currently accepted as Greater resistance to TS and it scales to base since it’s outright stated to not work on him
I can agree with that but wasn't the statement made while Goku was in SSB?
For the broly one it’s currently accepted as resistance to Pl instead of being a power thing as well
This on the other hand still wouldn't be enough as the other portion of him learning the God Bind can literally just be power mimicry like how kid Goku learned stuff by just seeing it once which isn't Reactive Evolution.

I can agree with that but wasn't the statement made while Goku was in SSB?
hmm, while the statement is in SSB, he outright stated it isn't work anymore, so if it still work when Goku is in another form is completely nonsense
This on the other hand still wouldn't be enough as the other portion of him learning the God Bind can literally just be power mimicry like how kid Goku learned stuff by just seeing it once which isn't Reactive Evolution.
God Bind already paralyzed Broly, even if he learn, he should adapt/evolve to resist it before he can "act" which is copying God Bind then used it on Goku, visually, we saw that the Red aura of Goku's God Bind changed into Green before Broly used it on Goku, that mean he got affected by God Bind, then adapt/evolve to it

hmm, while the statement is in SSB, he outright stated it isn't work anymore, so if it still work when Goku is in another form is completely nonsense
Fair enough.
God Bind already paralyzed Broly, even if he learn, he should adapt/evolve to resist it before he can "act" which is copying God Bind then used it on Goku, visually, we saw that the Red aura of Goku's God Bind changed into Green before Broly used it on Goku, that mean he got affected by God Bind, then adapt/evolve to it
I guess that's fair. I just don't think him copying God Bind should be included.

At first, Goku uses Analytical Prediction to fight Hit's Time-Skip (0.1s).

However, as Hit's Time-Skip progresses to (0.2s - 0.5s) Goku is unable to use his Analytical Prediction continuously.

And as SSBK20x Goku states that he is now on a level beyond Hit's Time-Skip, when he intercepts Hit in the middle of his Time-Skip

Goku also states that the Past Hit technique (Time-Skip) doesn't work on him anymore

Hit also confirms that using his timeskip would be charitable and Goku confirms he used something else
Screenshot_20230427-215002.png

Broly’s Reactive Evolution:

Goku uses god bind on Broly and traps him in place with the paralysis Inductment then Broly adapts to this and gets out of it and then reflects the move onto Goku
Keep in mind Goku at that point in the story already had resistance to Paralysis Inducement and he still got affected by this).

He's a Saiyan so that's evidence one. Despite Broly's lack of experience in combat, Vegeta and Frieza(Who both have extreme Accelerated Development) both admit that Broly adapts and learns as he fights. And the promotional material for the movie states he gets stronger as he continues to fights

(Credits to Engimatic_Ruroni for Broly’s RE argument)

Now I will explain why Broly qualifies (also I better not hear any arguments stating Broly doesn’t resist PL when we accept he did resist the god bind on his profile and when we see he literally did)

Reactive Evolution is the ability to, in response to threats and adverse situations, evolve in ways the user previously lacked. This allowing them to be better capable of dealing with said issues faced, and this evolution can come in the following ways:
  • Developing new powers or abilities (he did this when he adapted to the god bind and reflected it on Goku)
  • Developing new resistances (He was affected by the god bind and then later adapts to not being affected by it)
  • Developing greater statistics. However, if this is the only way in which they "evolve", then Accelerated Development should be given instead to avoid redundancy.” (Self explanatory)

The scans make Goku's RE pretty explicit

Yeah Broly is also explicit.

I agree.

After 2 pages now I realize why people kept mentioning Power Mimicry when Broly gaining a resistance to PL was my main argument it’s because I only bolded that one.. bruh

Also is it fine if I move some of the abilities listed for T.o.P to Future trunks Saga because most of the things listed there are from FT saga and I have no idea why it’s listed for T.o.P

After 2 pages now I realize why people kept mentioning Power Mimicry when Broly gaining a resistance to PL was my main argument it’s because I only bolded that one.. bruh

Also is it fine if I move some of the abilities listed for T.o.P to Future trunks Saga because most of the things listed there are from FT saga and I have no idea why it’s listed for T.o.P
Can you give examples?

Can you give examples?
Yeah pretty much everything except a couple things like empathic Manipulation and Resistance to hakai stuff and the forcefield creation
All previous abilities from Base, Water Walking (Shown Here), Forcefield Creation(Can create barriers that can keep out poisons), Healing (Can restart his heart with a ki blast. Restarted his heart when it was "crushed" by Hit), Sealing (with the Mafuba), Summoning (He can summon Zen'ō by pushing a button, but this is not applicable to combat), Explosion Manipulation (Via Ki made land mines), Likely Non-Physical Interaction (Caused a ripple effect on Infinite Zamasu via a Ki blast and blocked intangible ki blasts from Hit), Resistance to Void Manipulation, Existence Erasure, and Soul Destruction (Withstood the Destruction Energy Ball of a God of Destruction, which could erase beings, objects, energy blasts and even souls from existence, and warped the World of Void), Empathic Manipulation, Greater Resistance to Time Stop (Goku stated that Hit's Time-Skip wouldn't work on him anymore)
Water walking happened in future trunks saga/u6 saga also summoning sealing likely NPI (idk why this is likely ima make a crt to remove this) uh greater resistance happened in future trunks saga and then the pocket dimension one happened in future trunks saga

Yeah pretty much everything except a couple things like empathic Manipulation and Resistance to hakai stuff and the forcefield creation
All previous abilities from Base, Water Walking (Shown Here), Forcefield Creation(Can create barriers that can keep out poisons), Healing (Can restart his heart with a ki blast. Restarted his heart when it was "crushed" by Hit), Sealing (with the Mafuba), Summoning (He can summon Zen'ō by pushing a button, but this is not applicable to combat), Explosion Manipulation (Via Ki made land mines), Likely Non-Physical Interaction (Caused a ripple effect on Infinite Zamasu via a Ki blast and blocked intangible ki blasts from Hit), Resistance to Void Manipulation, Existence Erasure, and Soul Destruction (Withstood the Destruction Energy Ball of a God of Destruction, which could erase beings, objects, energy blasts and even souls from existence, and warped the World of Void), Empathic Manipulation, Greater Resistance to Time Stop (Goku stated that Hit's Time-Skip wouldn't work on him anymore)
Water walking happened in future trunks saga/u6 saga also summoning sealing likely NPI (idk why this is likely ima make a crt to remove this) uh greater resistance happened in future trunks saga and then the pocket dimension one happened in future trunks saga
That seems fine, I suppose

Healing, Explosion Manipulation and the Resistance was done in ToP Arc, not Trunks arc

hmm, from the look of it, seem like majorities agreed with the thread, with 1 thread mod and 1 content mod, idk about @LordGriffin1000 , but it seem like he conceded with my points
Just to make things clear, content mods do not matter for content revision threads, yeah i know, i am also confused but it is what it is

Edit: also let not forget that Saiyan can easily adapt to gravity, so it could well support the notion of Reactive Evolution
Doesn't that fall under adaptation?

i mean, reactive evolution isn't different from adaptation anyway, one is fast and one is slow, well depend on contexts anyway, in this case it can be supporting for the notion of RE
Well, it was slow in goku's case, he eventually adapted to higher gravity, it was not instant

hmm, from the look of it, seem like majorities agreed with the thread, with 1 thread mod and 1 content mod, idk about @LordGriffin1000 , but it seem like he conceded with my points

Edit: also let not forget that Saiyan can easily adapt to gravity, so it could well support the notion of Reactive Evolution
I think Lord Griffin agreed he just didn’t want me using the Broly doing the god bind as an example because it could be power mimicry but pretty sure he was fine with RE on the basis that Broly was affected by the PL and then eventually resisted it so griffin agrees too

Back