• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reactive Evolution For 2 Saiyans

At first, Goku uses Analytical Prediction to fight Hit's Time-Skip (0.1s).

However, as Hit's Time-Skip progresses to (0.2s - 0.5s) Goku is unable to use his Analytical Prediction continuously.

And as SSBK20x Goku states that he is now on a level beyond Hit's Time-Skip, when he intercepts Hit in the middle of his Time-Skip

Goku also states that the Past Hit technique (Time-Skip) doesn't work on him anymore

Hit also confirms that using his timeskip would be charitable and Goku confirms he used something else
Screenshot_20230427-215002.png

Broly’s Reactive Evolution:

Goku uses god bind on Broly and traps him in place with the paralysis Inductment then Broly adapts to this and gets out of it and then reflects the move onto Goku
Keep in mind Goku at that point in the story already had resistance to Paralysis Inducement and he still got affected by this).

He's a Saiyan so that's evidence one. Despite Broly's lack of experience in combat, Vegeta and Frieza(Who both have extreme Accelerated Development) both admit that Broly adapts and learns as he fights. And the promotional material for the movie states he gets stronger as he continues to fights

(Credits to Engimatic_Ruroni for Broly’s RE argument)

Now I will explain why Broly qualifies (also I better not hear any arguments stating Broly doesn’t resist PL when we accept he did resist the god bind on his profile and when we see he literally did)

Reactive Evolution is the ability to, in response to threats and adverse situations, evolve in ways the user previously lacked. This allowing them to be better capable of dealing with said issues faced, and this evolution can come in the following ways:
  • Developing new powers or abilities (he did this when he adapted to the god bind and reflected it on Goku)
  • Developing new resistances (He was affected by the god bind and then later adapts to not being affected by it)
  • Developing greater statistics. However, if this is the only way in which they "evolve", then Accelerated Development should be given instead to avoid redundancy.” (Self explanatory)

I agree but wasn't Broly rejected by multiple staff members?
I saw that crt Saman said it was just a mixture of AD and Power Mimicry and I didn’t feel the op in that crt emphasized that Broly was affected by the PL and then resisted it and I emphasized that here now but technically it wasn’t rejected yet either way since the crt never finished but either way it’s faulty logic because if you learn a new ability to adapt to your situation that’s literally one of the requirements for RE

Goku own looks like accelerated development
Neutral on Broly's RE
As a reminder It should be noted that Goku lacked these resistances at the starting of the fight and was effected by timeskip. As we can see he gained these resistances mid battle via ssbkk and developed these resistances mid battle which perfectly fits the criteria of reactive evolution. Goku then later gaining a full on immunity to time skip and Hit notes that using T.S would be charitable which would also solidify the fact that he can gain outright immunity to certain techniques via RE later on as shown in the second fight against hit

A.D doesn’t help you gain resistances so it’s pretty clear cut for the 2 saiyans

As a reminder It should be noted that Goku lacked these resistances at the starting of the fight and was effected by timeskip. As we can see he gained these resistances mid battle via ssbkk and developed these resistances mid battle which perfectly fits the criteria of reactive evolution. Goku then later gaining a full on immunity to time skip and Hit notes that using T.S would be charitable which would also solidify the fact that he can gain outright immunity to certain techniques via RE later on as shown in the second fight against hit

A.D doesn’t help you gain resistances so it’s pretty clear cut for the 2 saiyans
Still neutral till further inputs

I agree with Goku's RE, but I'm more neutral on Broly's RE since it was more along the lines of him growing in power, not resisting the ability. Accelerated development and power mimicry seem fine for Broly, since he just overflowed Goku's God Bind with his own energy and copied the technique, but there's no proof he outright gained immunity to it.

I disagree with Goku. Literally right after that statement Hit's timeskip works on Goku (he used it to dodge his punch) and he states he's lengthened the timeskip, increasing the duration. That's not a resistance for Goku. And then hit further increases the duration and just hard blitz Goku even with Kaiokenx10.

According to the dub Goku was doing this by skipping into the future slightly, which makes sense narratively, but it's not stated in the sub. But the sub claims goku predicting the future is risky and also a cause of his ki spasms, which makes 0 sense. I'll look at the raws later.

As for Broly, all he did was overpower the ki keeping him in place, it's no different than overpowering someone's TKs and he visibly does this with raw power. Trapping someone in your ki=/=paralysis in the way you're depicting, by definition its paralysis but it's no different than paralysis via TK, which is overcame with raw power

they all saiyan, which we practically can scale due to sharing the same cosmology, the burden of proof is on you to prove the opposite
They share the same cosmology true, but that doesn't matter for this topic, several versions of superman share the same cosmology as well yet we do not scale the abbilities of one to the other, we don't scale different reality versions of one character or race to the other

They share the same cosmology true, but that doesn't matter for this topic, several versions of superman share the same cosmology as well yet we do not scale the abbilities of one to the other, we don't scale different reality versions of one character or race to the other
are you serious?? they not only share the same cosmology, but also the same race. same biology, and they all display similar feats, it is your turn to prove the opposition

are you serious?? they not only share the same cosmology, but also the same race
being the same rave does not matter as i have explained, we do not scale all kryptonians to one another even tho they share a multiverse

. same biology
prove this

, and they all display similar feats
feats are irrelevant to this topic

, it is your turn to prove the opposition
i don't need to prove anything, that is just how the wiki does things, go complain to @Antvasima not me

I disagree with Goku. Literally right after that statement Hit's timeskip works on Goku (he used it to dodge his punch) and he states he's lengthened the timeskip, increasing the duration. That's not a resistance for Goku. And then hit further increases the duration and just hard blitz Goku even with Kaiokenx10.

According to the dub Goku was doing this by skipping into the future slightly, which makes sense narratively, but it's not stated in the sub. But the sub claims goku predicting the future is risky and also a cause of his ki spasms, which makes 0 sense. I'll look at the raws later.
During their rematch, Goku is completely immune to Hit's Time Skip despite it having affected his SSBKKx10 form during their first match. Hit corroborates this by saying he wouldn't be charitable so as to use the ability again, instead using his pocket dimension ability

That's blatant RE for Goku

being the same rave does not matter as i have explained, we do not scale all kryptonians to one another even tho they share a multiverse
this isn't DC
prove this
seriously???
feats are irrelevant to this topic
good, you ignored feats, so i don't think i need to waste my time argue with you
i don't need to prove anything, that is just how the wiki does things, go complain to @Antvasima not me
so that mean you can't countered back aside from "this is how the wiki work", then

anyway, i need to sleep bruhh

During their rematch, Goku is completely immune to Hit's Time Skip despite it having affected his SSBKKx10 form during their first match.
I'm aware, again, I have to translate the raws to see if the dubs statement is referenced even a tiny bit, regardless, Goku is clearly not resisting this by ignoring it completely, we know for a fact that once hit increases the timespan of the technique Goku can no longer reach him, this seems to imply Goku is skipping alongside hit, as implied in the dub. Goku ends up getting several boosts in power since then so it's no surprise that he can overcome this skip ability as a weaker state could somewhat surpass it.
That's blatant RE for Goku
I'm not saying it is or isn't but before I can give a final say I'll have to fully understand what the raws say and what exactly is the timeskip.

I'm aware, again, I have to translate the raws to see if the dubs statement is referenced even a tiny bit, regardless, Goku is clearly not resisting this by ignoring it completely, we know for a fact that once hit increases the timespan of the technique Goku can no longer reach him, this seems to imply Goku is skipping alongside hit, as implied in the dub.
Why are you using dub lines for your case?
Goku ends up getting several boosts in power since then so it's no surprise that he can overcome this skip ability as a weaker state could somewhat surpass it.
That obviously stopped mattering because even though they're even in power it no longer affects him

That obviously stopped mattering because even though they're even in power it no longer affects him
No, it does matter, I'm not saying his skip grows 1:1 with his own power, it can be at a slower rate or faster rate than his own strength, we don't know.
Hit knows that Goku can power up and move within his timeskip, why would he continue to work on something so easily beaten? That's why he worked on something new.

What Goku does isn't even a resistance, the series itself make it clear this was done out of sheer power and speed, not a spontaneous resistance.

What Goku does isn't even a resistance, the series itself make it clear this was done out of sheer power and speed, not a spontaneous resistance.
News flash: Many characters in fiction have done the same lmao

That's not enough to disprove resistance

Hell even if that were the case, Goku was resistant to it entirely later on, which would strengthen the case for RE

Back