• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Broly abilities addition

Ok so, since I got time before my finals let’s make a small CRT for Broly(Dragon Ball Super).

Proposal: Broly should get the abilities Limited Heat Generation(Non-combat Applicable), Afterimage Creation, and Reactive Evolution

Limited Heat Generation Reason: Before he entered his Wrath State when he faced SSJG Vegeta, he was generating heat that was enough to melt ice around him instantly. I don't think this can be applied to combat but it's still an ability he demonstrated.

Afterimage Creation Reason: Don't know how this wasn't added but it is what it is. During his fight with SSJ Goku, after Goku had used it against him he immediately performed it right after and was both doing it at the same time.

And now finally let's get this over with...
Reactive Evolution Reason: let’s first establish what the ability is according to the wiki

Reactive Evolution is the ability to, in response to threats and adverse situations, evolve in ways the user previously lacked. This allowing them to be better capable of dealing with said issues faced, and this evolution can come in the following ways:
  • Developing new powers or abilities
  • Developing new resistances
  • Developing greater statistics. However, if this is the only way in which they "evolve", then Accelerated Development should be given instead to avoid redundancy.”

Now since that’s the requirements so I don’t misunderstand anything let’s go through why I propose Broly should qualify.
  1. Broly copied the move God Bind at the same skill level of Goku(Keep in mind Goku at that point in the story already had resistance to Paralysis Inducement and he still got affected by this). In fact, like the CRT talked about earlier after Goku used an afterimage during that same battle, he was then able to replicate it immediately. However, I don’t think this is too crazy of evidence, but I think it's decent support.
  2. When SSG Goku used God Bind on Wrath state Broly after he tried to convince Broly to stop fighting, Broly managed to break out of Goku's God Bind
  3. I honestly don’t think I need to provide evidence of Broly’s Accelerated Development, since the entire movie has plethora of statements and evidences flat out proving it(We should also get rid of the RPL on his profile and put it on his Accelerated Development ability on his Powers and Abilities). BUT if someone wanna try and do a “Objection!” on me, I’ll be happy to provide it. He's a Saiyan so that's evidence one. Despite Broly's lack of experience in combat, Vegeta and Frieza(Who both have extreme Accelerated Development) both admit that Broly adapts and learns as he fights. And the promotional material for the movie(Thank you LuffyRuffy) states he gets stronger as he continues to fights
Translation for the last link thanks to LuffyRuffy :)
The more he fights, the stronger he gets!! The fearsome monster Broly!!!

Broly fights one fight after another in this latest movie!!
Besides Goku and Vegeta, it seems he’ll bare his fangs against Freeza too!! What’s more, he powers up each time he fights. He goes through super-fast transcendent evolution that truly personifies the Saiyans!!

The blazing flames of battle
The awakening Saiyan instincts!!!

The “strongest enemy in history” appears in the first DBS movie—Broly shakes the world!!

What? Vegeta goes Super Saiyan God!!

Although it appeared in the Dragon Ball Super manga drawn by Toyotaro-sensei, this is its first appearance in the anime!! Keep your eyes peeled as Vegeta transforms into “Red” and “Blue”.

Conclusion: Now I understand that Sayians only have RPL, and that’s fine. But this would only be Broly and considering the fact how the series established that even in Sayian standards he’s built different, this ability that ONLY he has would have make sense. Well what do you think?

Agree: Thelastmlg(for Limited Heat Generation and Afterimage Creation), speedster352, LuffyRuffy46307, CryoTheMayo, TiltedFN, godofice, SwordLegendz01, SlendVeny, SirAlex09, RIZEXX, SamanPatou(for Limited Heat Generation, changed to Minor Heat Generation,), TimmyTurneo(For Limited Heat generation), Vizer04(Minor Heat Generation)

Neutral:Vizer04(Afterimage Creation)

Disagree: Thelastmlg(against Reactive Evolution), SamanPatou(against Reactive Evolution and Afterimage Creation), TimmyTurnero(against Reactive Evolution and Afterimage Creation), Vizer04(against Reactive Evolution)

Last edited:
I agree with all except reactive evolution, that is not enough to qualify, cuz we need explicity proof that he adapted to goku's god bind in order to break out of it and then copy it, but we don't, he just broke out of it when he powered up, so it simple gives him resistance to it and power mimicry as he "learns as he fights" which sounds like RE but no, is really just skill in martial arts and ki

I agree with all except reactive evolution, that is not enough to qualify, cuz we need explicity proof that he adapted to goku's god bind in order to break out of it and then copy it, but we don't, he just broke out of it when he powered up, so it simple gives him resistance to it and power mimicry as he "learns as he fights" which sounds like RE but no, is really just skill in martial arts and ki
Sorry I was in class😂😂 I appreciate your response and your reasoning for it glad you agree on the first two parts. I understand what your saying but I respectfully disagree for a couple reasons
For starters
  1. I made sure to double check that scene again. From the time he got affected by God Bind, there was no power up. I can’t timestamp atm but if you look at 4:01 of the original video I put on the reasoning for RE, you’ll see that he developed an aura IMMEDIATELY AFTER he broke out of it. In fact, I’m even going far to say that wasn’t even a power up as the moment that green aura developed him, that’s when we see that Broly managed to copy God Bind and successfully use it on Goku
  2. While I understand that talented martial artist can learn copy new techniques, what we need to understand is the events that happened. Power Mimicry can be used as an example for RE if it’s demonstrated in certain ways even when(especially when) they’re talented martial artists. In this case, Broly literally got affected(we can see that), and as I stated eariler there was no power up, he then developed a resistance and immediately after that he managed to copy the move, which should be reason enough as he developed a resistance to the ability, and demonstrating a new power he’s never had before until he experienced it.
Just cause it’s simple doesn’t necessarily always means it’s an accurate way to evaluate things

Besides Goku and Vegeta, it seems he’ll bare his fangs against Freeza too!! What’s more, he powers up each time he fights. He goes through super-fast transcendent evolution that truly personifies the Saiyans!!

The “strongest enemy in history” appears in the first DBS movie—Broly shakes the world!!

Although it appeared in the Dragon Ball Super manga drawn by Toyotaro-sensei, this is its first appearance in the anime!! Keep your eyes peeled as Vegeta transforms into “Red” and “Blue”.

Broly was adapting quickly, this is shown during the movie, where Vegeta mentions this.

Once again it is quoted saying that Broly was learning during combat.

I think Broly achieved all of his success because his aesthetic is cool, he has boundless strength, and a tragic past rests on his shoulders. In this new film, his past has been deepened and made even more dramatic, resulting in a completely different Broly than we knew. The film also features extremely intense combat and wonderful animations; of course, highlights [of the film]. I hope everyone can enjoy this beautiful story about the origins of Saiyans in the movies!

I definitely agree, those are my only arguments, you can use good, good night.

Last edited:

Broly was adapting quickly, this is shown during the movie, where Vegeta mentions this.

I think Broly achieved all of his success because his aesthetic is cool, he has boundless strength, and a tragic past rests on his shoulders. In this new film, his past has been deepened and made even more dramatic, resulting in a completely different Broly than we knew. The film also features extremely intense combat and wonderful animations; of course, highlights [of the film]. I hope everyone can enjoy this beautiful story about the origins of Saiyans in the movies!

I’m dead😂😂😂 you didn’t need to provide all that, every one and their moms knows that Broly gets stronger through battle😂. I will say I appreciate it tho😅

Agree with Heat Generation Limited and Afterimage here. RE seems fine considering Broly developed new abilities and resistances after being hit by Goku's god bind much like Garou and I'm sure not all Saiyans are like that.
They don’t I’m just saying it seems to be consistent with saiyans and at a certain point of level like Cyro mention they do seem to gain RE like goku for example

Agree with Heat Generation Limited and Afterimage here. RE seems fine considering Broly developed new abilities and resistances after being hit by Goku's god bind much like Garou and I'm sure not all Saiyans are like that.
Yea don't worry, this ain't about the other Sayians. Just Broly specifically. Anyone who wants to make that challenge by all means, go for it just not in this thread lol

Minor heat manip works, while it doesn't seem that Goku's using any afterimage, rather either teleportation or those "super fast dashes" DB characters always do and are portrayed as if they were teleporting around.

I also disagree with RE because Broly isn't really evolving at all, but rather he combines his AD and his Technique Mimicry.
He simply doesn't fit the power itself, which could use a better description, tbh.

Minor heat manip works
That description actually works a lot better, thank you for that.
while it doesn't seem that Goku's using any afterimage, rather either teleportation or those "super fast dashes" DB characters always do and are portrayed as if they were teleporting around.
On the wiki, when it comes to the ability it states

"An afterimage is an artistic effect where a character appears to leave faint silhouettes behind them, which are often transparent, like a ghost. These are usually used to emphasize fast movement, and are often used in combat to mislead opponents as to the actual location of the user. It naturally occurs when a character is moving too quickly for the eye to track accurately, causing the brain to incorrectly process these images."

With that being said, it couldn't be teleportation as when he was behind Broly, neither of his hands were on his head when he disappeared(the time for it is 2:09), which means it couldn't be Instant Transmission as that's essential for the technique. It's also important to note 2 things. First that when Goku did his as you said "super fast dash" the first time, Broly lost track of where he was, which was goku's objective to catch him with an attack from behind which qualifies for the ability. And the second thing, is that throughout all the fights that he had before he fought Goku, Broly never demonstrated that at all until he saw Goku do it.

I also disagree with RE because Broly isn't really evolving at all, but rather he combines his AD and his Technique Mimicry.
He simply doesn't fit the power itself, which could use a better description, tbh.
Respectfully I disagree on that. For starters,
  1. It's not just combining those two together, he flat out gained resistance to an ability he didn't have resistance to before. We can clearly see that he was affected with the God Bind when Goku used it on him as we see that he was struggling to get out of it, and afterwards he started to developed a resistance to said ability as he managed to break out of it. Unless there's evidence of him having resistance before he got hit by god bind, then I'll concede but from looking at all the battle's and statements Broly has, there doesn't appear to be any.
  2. Mimicry whether it's power or technique(in this case it's power as he's literally copying a Paralysis Inducement ability) can be used as evidence for RE depending on the context. It doesn't always have to be "Oh you have ice powers? Well, while fighting you, I developed fire powers". In this case, after Broly gained resistance. He immediately copied Goku's move. Had he had copied Goku's move like wayyyy later like when he fought Gogeta, I wouldn't propose this. But he gained a new power and a new resistance within moments of each other, that enough should qualify.
I appreciate your input Saman, I'll be sure to add you on the vote tally for what you agree for and what you disagree with.

That description actually works a lot better, thank you for that.

On the wiki, when it comes to the ability it states

"An afterimage is an artistic effect where a character appears to leave faint silhouettes behind them, which are often transparent, like a ghost. These are usually used to emphasize fast movement, and are often used in combat to mislead opponents as to the actual location of the user. It naturally occurs when a character is moving too quickly for the eye to track accurately, causing the brain to incorrectly process these images."

With that being said, it couldn't be teleportation as when he was behind Broly, neither of his hands were on his head when he disappeared(the time for it is 2:09), which means it couldn't be Instant Transmission as that's essential for the technique. It's also important to note 2 things. First that when Goku did his as you said "super fast dash" the first time, Broly lost track of where he was, which was goku's objective to catch him with an attack from behind which qualifies for the ability. And the second thing, is that throughout all the fights that he had before he fought Goku, Broly never demonstrated that at all until he saw Goku do it.

Respectfully I disagree on that. For starters,
  1. It's not just combining those two together, he flat out gained resistance to an ability he didn't have resistance to before. We can clearly see that he was affected with the God Bind when Goku used it on him as we see that he was struggling to get out of it, and afterwards he started to developed a resistance to said ability as he managed to break out of it. Unless there's evidence of him having resistance before he got hit by god bind, then I'll concede but from looking at all the battle's and statements Broly has, there doesn't appear to be any.
  2. Mimicry whether it's power or technique(in this case it's power as he's literally copying a Paralysis Inducement ability) can be used as evidence for RE depending on the context. It doesn't always have to be "Oh you have ice powers? Well, while fighting you, I developed fire powers". In this case, after Broly gained resistance. He immediately copied Goku's move. Had he had copied Goku's move like wayyyy later like when he fought Gogeta, I wouldn't propose this. But he gained a new power and a new resistance within moments of each other, that enough should qualify.
I appreciate your input Saman, I'll be sure to add you on the vote tally for what you agree for and what you disagree with.
Its not true paralysis. Goku is just trapping him in his ki, if it was paralysis Broly wouldnt have been able to move at all, but we see him actively fighting against it.

Minor heat manip works, while it doesn't seem that Goku's using any afterimage, rather either teleportation or those "super fast dashes" DB characters always do and are portrayed as if they were teleporting around.

Its not true paralysis. Goku is just trapping him in his ki, if it was paralysis Broly wouldnt have been able to move at all, but we see him actively fighting against it.
I'm sorry, but this is just objectively false. The wiki's standard for Paralysis Inducement states

"The ability to prevent one's opponent from coordinating their movements or stopping their movements completely.
Google defines paralysis in the following manner:
"The loss of the ability to move (and sometimes to feel anything) in part or most of the body, typically as a result of illness, poison, or injury."

We can clearly see that God Bind halted Broly's movement, Son Goku in his Super profiles literally even has it on his profile, no limited, no minor, this is a clear case of him stopping an opponent's movement

I'm sorry, but this is just objectively false. The wiki's standard for Paralysis Inducement states

"The ability to prevent one's opponent from coordinating their movements or stopping their movements completely.
Google defines paralysis in the following manner:
"The loss of the ability to move (and sometimes to feel anything) in part or most of the body, typically as a result of illness, poison, or injury."

We can clearly see that God Bind halted Broly's movement, Son Goku in his Super profiles literally even has it on his profile, no limited, no minor, this is a clear case of him stopping an opponent's movement
My brother, adapting to this form of paralysis is no different than adapting above Telekinesis, he’s not using some magical hax to stop him from moving, hence me claiming its not “true paralysis” he’s just trapping him in his ki. Broly powers up and literally breaks out of this, via raw power. This isn’t RE.
This is just a form of ki manipulation or Telekineses.

Ok so, since I got time before my finals let’s make a small CRT for Broly(Dragon Ball Super).

Proposal: Broly should get the abilities Limited Heat Generation(Non-combat Applicable), Afterimage Creation, and Reactive Evolution

Limited Heat Generation Reason: Before he entered his Wrath State when he faced SSJG Vegeta, he was generating heat that was enough to melt ice around him instantly. I don't think this can be applied to combat but it's still an ability he demonstrated.
I agree with this.
Disagree. These aren’t afterimages, they’re just moving at FTE speeds and disappearing and reappearing.
I disagree with everything but heat manipulation.

Yes, and in this case neither Goku nor Broly were leaving afterimages, they just vanished at FTE speed.
And even though it's been ages since it was used for the last time, DB always had a specific way to portray afterimages.

Goku can teleport even without putting his fingers on his head (see vs. Cell), it just helps him concentrate, though most of the times they have him do it to make it mroe recognizable.

Still, I think it's much more likely to be one of those occasions where characters in DB just dash past each other.
It happens basically always, and sometimes they do get surprised even though they speed should be the same.

In any case, I don't think it qualifies anyway, since there isn't really an afterimage anyway.

It's not just combining those two together, he flat out gained resistance to an ability he didn't have resistance to before. We can clearly see that he was affected with the God Bind when Goku used it on him as we see that he was struggling to get out of it, and afterwards he started to developed a resistance to said ability as he managed to break out of it. Unless there's evidence of him having resistance before he got hit by god bind, then I'll concede but from looking at all the battle's and statements Broly has, there doesn't appear to be any.
DB has the recurrent trope of special abilities not working on stronger opponents and AD, or rather Adaptability in this case, can still lead to developing a resistance, especially in a verse like DB.

Broly also doesn't showcase the ability anymore, and Reactive Evolution should still be a prerogative of characters who actively mutate, evolve (in a biological sense) or are specifically portrayed as being able to perform the "super adaptation" this ability requires.

DB has the recurrent trope of special abilities not working on stronger opponents and AD, or rather Adaptability in this case, can still lead to developing a resistance, especially in a verse like DB.

Broly also doesn't showcase the ability anymore, and Reactive Evolution should still be a prerogative of characters who actively mutate, evolve (in a biological sense) or are specifically portrayed as being able to perform the "super adaptation" this ability requires.
In this case broly isn’t adapting above anything but the strength of the ki holding him. This would just be RPL which he already has.

That seems weird, him adapting to heat would be a physical trait and just fall under basic reactive power level which they already have.
it's just that alot of people claim Gt Goku has the ability to not have the same moves work on him twice Nuova Shenron uses his heat attack on him Goku claims it wont work on him again then Omega does the same attack which works no problem

does he though?

Omega Sheron heat attack still worked on him.
Pretty sure his body memorized Eis’s attack
Yes, and in this case neither Goku nor Broly were leaving afterimages, they just vanished at FTE speed.
And even though it's been ages since it was used for the last time, DB always had a specific way to portray afterimages.

Goku can teleport even without putting his fingers on his head (see vs. Cell), it just helps him concentrate, though most of the times they have him do it to make it mroe recognizable.

Still, I think it's much more likely to be one of those occasions where characters in DB just dash past each other.
It happens basically always, and sometimes they do get surprised even though they speed should be the same.

In any case, I don't think it qualifies anyway, since there isn't really an afterimage anyway.

I’m confused it looks like you’re agreeing to RE and saying he doesn’t showcase it anymore? Could you clarify and for characters who mutate and evolve in a biological sense Broly is a mutant saiyan
In this case broly isn’t adapting above anything but the strength of the ki holding him. This would just be RPL which he already has.
Wdym are you claiming he just got stronger than the attack so he reflected it?

Broly has adaption and RPL, we physically see him struggling to break out of the ki wall, seemingly powers up as he goes to produce a large shockwave but still cannot break out, and after a while Broly lets out a yell and visibly breaks out of it. Not ignoring it by gaining some resistance like the OP is implying, he physically breaks out of it.

This attack is nothing but Goku wrapping Broly up in ki, and its further emphasized by Goku visibly being shoved into the ground while broly attempts to escape. Goku is holding him inside, not paralyzing him like the OP implies. Breaking out of this is a physical feat, not a resistance

Broly has adaption and RPL, we physically see him struggling to break out of the ki wall, seemingly powers up as he goes to produce a large shockwave but still cannot break out, and after a while Broly lets out a yell and visibly breaks out of it. Not ignoring it by gaining some resistance like the OP is implying, he physically breaks out of it.

This attack is nothing but Goku wrapping Broly up in ki, and its further emphasized by Goku visibly being shoved into the ground while broly attempts to escape. Goku is holding him inside, not paralyzing him like the OP implies. Breaking out of this is a physical feat, not a resistance

I don’t see how Broly having adaptation and AD discredits the fact Broly adapted to it but yeah Broly is already stronger than Goku at this point so Broly not getting out when Goku trapped him proves this is resistance (I hate arguing stuff that’s already accepted but I shall do it anyways) Him taking a bit before he breaks out and remaining calm until he breaks out proves it’s resistance it’s merely just him adapting and it shows he can adapt to power and abilities and when Broly adapts to this ability he’s shown using it against Goku so even if you wanted to argue Broly overpowered it by being stronger (even though I explained how it was a resistance) He still gained a new ability via adapting to his situation and trapping Goku with PL and punching him so it’s RE either way

Back