• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So should Subaru's resistance to memory manipulation should be changed resistance to causality manipulation?

His memories can be messed with evident by Ehidna making him forgot about her, but he still remembers Rem when Ley erased her.

Kinda, Beako too remembers her due to being in the library when it happened irrc. Well, Subaru got his memories eaten so he has no resistance.

Btw striking strength refers to how much force someone can punch with, magic users striking strength wouldn't scale to their magic so that needs to be fixed.

Currently downgrading Subaru and ppl who scale to him, think i remember one of the 3 thugs durability needed to be upgraded a while back.

This is all I have:

Q: Leaving out Reinhard, I'd like to know the strength rankings in the Felt camp.

A: Ezzo Cardner > Flam and Grassis > Gaston > Felt > Old Man Rom > Rachins > Camberly; something along those lines.

Q: How effective is Reinhard's boot camp? How much stronger are Ton, Chin, and Kan compared to themselves a year ago?

A: They're now stronger than Subaru.

I know about that, being above Subaru just puts them at 10-A.

Gaston in arc 5 though tanked attacks from Ley so his durability scales with a specific technique.

She hasn't fought anyone besides Elsa in arc 1 who stomped her. Don't know if Tappei said anything about her strength, don't remember. Oh she did fight Ley in arc 5? Don't remember how that went too well.

Rom in is prime was a matched for Young Wilhelm, but obviously he isn't on that level anymore seeing as Elsa stomped him too.

Yeah, she's comparable to the thugs... lemme try again:

Q: Felt-chan versus the three of Ton, Chin, and Kan, which side is stronger?

A: Gaston is moderately strong, so if it's Ton, Chin, and Kan, Felt might be in a bad position.

This and the first citation.

So I was thinking, Ros can do almost anything Dona can soooo SoL with Jiwald? Also yin and yang magic are debuffs and buffs so things like status effects and statistics amplification/reduction would go too, no? In fact I think we can give pretty much all spells to them.

Some things:

Q: Elsa's cape that could defend against magic once, was that an off-the-shelf item with that effect? Or was it something with a buff from light magic or something like that?

A: That was a light magic buff, you see. That sort of thing would be based on theory established by Roswaal K. Mathers, and it's in a situation where it could be produced by an extremely limited number of craftsmen. Speaking just of arc one, it's possible that Roswaal gave it to her. In order to corner Emilia.

Q: In Re: Zero's world, are there a vast number of ancient magics that have been lost, as you'd expect?

A: There's a fair number of magics that were not handed down, not written down, and simply forgotten. Echidna remembers all of them, however.

Echidna pretty much said so, also think Satella said she gave him RBD to protect him or something.

I mean it's pretty obvious, every time he dies, Satella's scent on him grows stronger.

The profiles need to be better clarified, I basically went through 6 profiles and the only thing that supported their ratings was "Comparable to X".

That's not the point, the new users doesn't know that.

If they are comparable to Emilia, you should put "Comparable to Emilia, who can do this (links calc)", if they can keep up with a character comparable to Emilia, you should put "Can keep up with X, who is comparable to Emilia". This is in order to avoid confusion.

Also, shouldn't be Subaru 8-A with Invisible Providence? He manages to overpower Ram with that, who now seems to be plain 8-A.

From what 100 posted seems like in fight Ram would easily win but that's if she could get her arms free, invisible providence just held her down.

Not sure that even counts as ap, lifting strength probably.

If memory serves me right Ram was in a weakened state as well, ever since losing her horn she's had stamina problems because of a lack of mana intake to keep her powerful body going (since she's supposed to ridiculously strong with her horn). Normally Roswaal supplies her with mana every night, Fire, Earth, Wind and Water mana to be precise, she needs all for of them (I think there was also the possibility of her dying of exhaustion without the treatment but I'm getting forgetful). Emilia was trying to keep her going but she's not Roswaal so it only kinda did the trick.

Anyways, we agreed to give Ros and Dona pretty much all spells but imo we need to draw the line somewhere, like say AZ is too much too assume of them.

Well, I think there's little question when it comes to the simple stuff, things like Murak and restoration and duplication magic should be something they can do. I'd draw the line at things like Door Crossing which only Beatice seems to be able to use or AZ that seems to be a matter of raw magical power the likes of Puck and awakened Emilia have, both of them being stated to be supperior by Tappei, and Emilia hasn't used AZ now that she's weaker.

This is a bit speculative for me, i think we should restrict them to what they have been shown to do.

Echidna created Beatrice so she should be able to do most of what Beatrice can, hence some of the abilities on her profiles, anything more is speculation.

Btw the witches should have fear hax too:

Q: Why do people who look at Echidna vomit?

A: A threat to their life is standing before their eyes, so their whole body cramps up in fear of it.

So ppl vomit in fear, and also go insane and kill themselves i guess.

Giving Dona Beako's abilities is fine because it's sipmly powerful and advanced utalization of yin magic and Dona is powerful mage that can use all six elements, although I doubt she can use Door Crossing. It wouldn't be ok to give her Puck's abilities because even though he's a powerful spirit created by her, and the fact he referenced her when Pete was awestruck at his power, Puck is stronger than her, so AZ would be a no go in my book.

Agree with fear hax due to the following:

If anything, Shaura was so upset that she could be incontinent.
With her eyes open wide, her face twisted in a way unbefitting a girl as beautiful as her, the depth fear she madness of the fear she felt was expressed clearly.

If it were possible, she would have left the room according to her instincts.

Only, her trembling legs did not permit it.

――The very Shaula who utterly destroyed the Centaur creature, was stiff with fear?

Man: "――Gain his permission, by hand of the Fool who has reached the Heavenly Sword."

Even with the frightened Shaula in sight, the voice continued repeating those words.

At first glance, it seemed to be a situation that rose in eeriness levels―― However, there was something else he noticed.

The man did not move a single step, only ever exerting pressure from where he stood. ――No, the man did not even try to exude pressure. He simply stood still.

Just by being there, his existence gave off the same presence as that of a『Witch』.
~ Arc 6, Chapter 25​
And then――,
The Stick Swinger:ÒÇîI'm closin' up shop. Scram ya pricks. I'm tired of this. Hurry the hell up.ÒÇì

He flumped down on the spot with a thunk and spat those words out, sitting with one knee raised up.

Subaru:ÒÇî――. W-waitwaitwait! You're freewheeling far too much, what the hell's this about!? Are you really going to haphazardly decide the particulars of the『Trial』depending on your mood!?ÒÇì

The Stick Swinger:ÒÇîYou sure are noisy ya prick. The discretion here has been left to me from the start ya prick. If I say no, then it's a no.ÒÇì

Subaru instinctively became speechless at hearing his arrogant manner of speaking. At Subaru's surprise, the man continued and saidÒÇîBesides.ÒÇì

The Stick Swinger:ÒÇî――When I don't feel like doin' something I don't mess about. So, ya prick, are ya gonna do what I said?ÒÇì

Subaru:ÒÇî――――ÒÇì

Subaru's whole body was bathed in chills from an intense gust of wind whooshing by.

The man had cast aside all of his weapons and even tucked away his chopsticks in his bosom pocket; and, his lips had curled. It did certainly look like a smile, but it was of a different nature to the one which he'd been showing so far.

Ferocious as it was, it wasn't a smile that gave off a sunny atmosphere. Rather his smile was like that of a crazed beast exuding a dark, sanguine, gruesome intent to kill.

Emilia:ÒÇî……ahÒÇì

A small groan could be heard.

Not from Subaru, but from Emilia who should have been by his side. She had one of her hands against her pale throat and her jewel-like eyes were widened in surprise.

Her knees fell from beneath her and she sunk down onto the floor. It was as if she had noticed in that moment that she was unable to stand up by herself and forgotten how to breathe――,

Subaru:ÒÇîHh――ÒÇì

And it was the same for Subaru as well, who'd suddenly become "Aware" of his breathing as soon as he saw Emilia's reaction. Before he could even notice, Subaru had dropped to his knees in pain and his whole body was drenched in sweat.

He was in the same state as Emilia―― No, he was worse off than her; he'd been completely daunted by the man's presence.

It's as if he'd started to forget even that his heart was beating, and that he was starting to be killed.

If there'd been no one around him to make him remember about that in the surroundings he would have died from the power in the man's eyes alone.
~ Arc 6, Chapter 27​
Well, Reid's is more like aura than fear hax really but you get the point (also Shaula wasn't actually effected, she's just afraid of Reid).

It isn't, social influence is not a supernatural ability, aura is.

Summary
Ability to have energy envelop the user. It can be used (consciously or subconsciously) for a variety of purposes (such as intimidation).

Types

• Overwhelming - An aura which cause a variety of negative effects to the enemy. Effects range from weakness to unconsciousness to death (i.e., can kill by aura alone).
  • Fear-inducing - Aura affecting an enemy's emotions, make them feel insecurity and fear. Generally has a negative impact on the target's fighting ability, and at high levels (in the absence of resilience), can cause hallucinations and induces insanity.

K, lets get back to this.

Therefir said:
That's not the point, the new users doesn't know that.
If they are comparable to Emilia, you should put "Comparable to Emilia, who can do this (links calc)", if they can keep up with a character comparable to Emilia, you should put "Can keep up with X, who is comparable to Emilia". This is in order to avoid confusion.
Honestly, I'd rather have the scaling be explained on the verse page itself under "Powers of the Verse" instead of writing it on every profile. We can have it split in "Low", "Mid", "High" and "Top" Tiers with apropriate citations to all the... well, it's a staggering amount of WoG, really.

Wait since when did Reid have FTL combat speed? Could have sworn it was reaction speed.

It's very much dumb for Hypersonic+ to be there if he is already FTL, after all the Hypersonic+ feat is combat speed.

I don't really even remember the feat that makes him FTL, obviously though if he reacted and cut multiple lightspeed stuff, he should just be plain FTL.

I'm not the one that put it there but I think he's just FTL.

???: "Jiwald――!!"
A ray of heat shot across the air, aimed towards the engaged duo.

White light, in its most simple form, can rip through the world with its dreadful edge. In other words, it can become an invisible blade that tears, cuts and burns through everything in its path.

It went straight, and was as such, easy to dodge―― However, the shimmering rays travelled at the speed of light, crashing straight into its target.

Even so, the『Stick Swinger』cut away the rays of light fired by the third party with ease――,

Man: "――My sword can cut even light, you."

Faster than his own gruff voice's echo, the chopsticks struck and sliced through the ray of light.

An impossible spectacle that pulled in the attention of everyone present. Only the man sneered, as if he had done something ordinary, and continued jabbing at Julius with his free hand.

As if making light of him―― No, the truth was, he indeed was making very light of him.

???: "――tch! Jiwaaaaaald――!!"

In response to that, his eyes turned red, overlapping with the chant――.

With both arms spread wide, chanting for the magic that shot rays of heat, her graceful composure painted with panic, was Anastasia. Hands open, all fingers poised―― Ten fingers in total shot out ten Death Rays simultaneously, all danced in the air as they approached the『Stick Swinger』.

――And the『Stick Swinger』himself took just as an amazing measure.

Man: "Kah!"

The『Stick Swinger』faced the dancing beams head on and sliced through them with his chopsticks just like before, then he pounced up by kicking off of thin air and made a nosedive―― Taking Julius, who was right below, along with him, dragging him across the white floor as he ran, Julius was pinned by the chopsticks in his solar plexus.

Man: "Kakakakakah! Aim well, you. Can't even swat a fly like that. They don't call me a lady-killer for nothin', you. Kakakakah!"

Anastasia: "Jiwald! Jiwald! Jiwaaald――!"

Anastasia still chose to continue her attacks against the cackling man. Unfortunately, regardless of its firepower, if the magic does not hit, it has no meaning.

Even with her firing them all over, the man simply cut through, at times ducked, and at times made a sharp spin by putting his weight on Julius.

His overwhelming physical and battle prowess in full display, clashed against Anastasia's clearly poor aim.

In this case, technically it was not Anastasia whose aim was poor, but Echidna's, who was currently inhabiting that body. Despite wishing to aid Julius with a surprise magic attack, her actions severely failed her intentions, leaving her unable to even get a scratch in.

Soon――,

Anastasia: "――a, kh."

Man: "Aahn?"

Her time, it would seem, would run out first.

The『Stick Swinger』who was gleefully dodging the heat rays, stopped and raised his eyebrows when the rays halted their pursuit. At the end of his gaze was Anastasia, who had collapsed to the ground.

Blood flowed from her nostrils, a sign that she had overworked her own body. She had stated it herself earlier. She could not rely on her trump card, as it would shave away her own life――.
~ Arc 6, Chapter 26​

Speaking of him (Sword Jesus) I think he too should have aura seeing how he made Garfiel tremble at his boots just with his presence.

Agreed with Reinhard having aura, and to think i was hyped for Reinhard vs Celius cause kemono dono is supposedly as fast as lightning lol.

Speaking of speed, would we consider this?

Q: If you took modern weaponry like tanks and machine guns into the Re: Zero world, how long could you fight?

A: It would work fairly well. You'd be countered by someone of Wilhelm's caliber, but you could fight up to that point, I think.

According to this page a machine gun is about Mach 3 and a tank cannon is like 4.5 to 5.

Back