• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So was looking over Echidna q&a's and found this:

Q: I'd like to know how Echidna fights. In other words, is it like she uses magic like Roswaal does if he's serious?
A: That's right. Basically, Echidna can use all the magic that exists in the world. For the most part, only Roswaal, who has all six magic affinities, could do that, but Echidna has the same level of power. She's the sole magic user who can do the same thing, that sort of feeling.
~ Echidna's Birthday 2018, Q&A tweets​
So not only does Echidna remember all ancient magic, she is stated to be able to use all magic that exists.

Roswaal is the same too, pretty absurd.

Oh yeah, I've seen this, kinda forgot about it. Right now I'm adding the Gluttonies abilities to their profiles, Louis included.

I see you replaced the sense manip stuff with mind manip, but Julius' Nect IS sense manip and they can definitely use that.

If Louis takes over during solar eclipse, don't see why not.

Sense manipulation was there for like years now cause i thought Shamak was sense manipulation, but it's mind manipulation.

So i changed it, you can add it back though due to nect.

Celestial Pegasus said:
If Louis takes over during solar eclipse, don't see why not.
She can do it, yes, while in the Hall of Memories where she can't escape from and where she has no physical form. I'll note it but it doesn't really do much unless you just wanna **** with Subaru.

About Capella, she seems like a glass canon, Julius and even Crusch can cut her up, but at the same time she can cause Crusch to vomit blood.

I tend to agree, she was far too easily injured by Al and Ana/Eridna (though Ana damaged Gabaou, though they too are glass cannons, Patrasche chopped it's arm of and Julius took on a dozen of them), she was able to transform into Elsa, that can be something, and she transformed others into dragons that iirc survived an attack from Julius, but her base seems... eh.

Speaking about Crusch, I remember Felix stated that there's nothing wrong with her body, if anything her lifting strength is the one thing I'm confident should stay the same.

What should we put her durability at then? Her ap should just be plain 8-A.

Agree with Crusch lifting strength being the same.

Varies? She can turn herself into a mosquito if she wanted to, really.

Well, aside from that what do you think about Elsa having stealth mastery based on her being a highly skilled assasin and maybe Type 3 immortality based on the following (btw enhanced smell? when?)

Q: When she was hit by Reinhard's attack at the loot house at the start, did she die and come back to life, or just barely not die?

A: That was probably fatal, wasn't it. Rather than say she probably died, it's more that she recovered from fatal wounds. There's no reason for her to have died and come back to life, after all. She just doesn't die.

And also since Shamak is mind manip then Julius should have resistance to it (maybe Elsa too?)

Q: Elsa was affected by even Subaru's level of Shamac, but does that mean that Elsa has a weakness to magic? Julius said that there wasn't a single member of the royal guard that would be affected by Subaru's Shamac, so does that mean the royal guard has high magic resistance?

A: I'm afraid you won't be satisfied with my answer, but Elsa is terribly weak against magic. Enough that she takes pains to have anti-magic strategies. Having said that, she really wasn't fully affected by Subaru's Shamac. She simply didn't deliberately charge through where she couldn't see what was ahead of her. The royal guard are fairly good at using magic, but Julius was expecting a little too much of the people around him. Julius is strict with himself and others.

Varies for Capella's durability works then.

Has Elsa ever shown anything indicating her having stealth mastery? Ie erases her presence or sneaking up on someone without them noticing?

Type 3 immortality is obvious.

Enhanced smell might have been from further into arc 4 than the LN is i think, don't remember when, again never kept track of arc 4 of the WN.

No Shamak works on Elsa, she just has good intuition to know where her target is when it's used on her:

"Ow……! Shit! She's like Julius: an enemy that Shamak doesn't work on…!"
"Surely not. She simply threw them past of the cloud of darkness. She has exceptional intuition."
~ Volume 11, Chapter 2​
But yes Julius has mind resistance.

Celestial Pegasus said:
or sneaking up on someone without them noticing?
Arc 1 anyone? Emilia died that way and she was about to die a second.

Guess you could count her sneaking in the mansion in arc 4, she cut Subaru's stomach without him even noticing the forst time and like what was it, the second or third time around after comming back from Beatrice's attack she practiaclly did the same, Subaru would have been gone if Beako didn't push him out of the way.

She was supposed to be coming back without making a sound and holding her breath. It's true that she doesn't hold a candle to Elsa, but even then, she could at least erase the sound of her footsteps. Then how did he find out?
~ Arc 6, Chapter 46​
That "she" refers to Meili.

Onto weird abilities that exist apparently, Fragrance Manipulation is something Subaru has due to the Witch's smell, also should have him "higher with Invisible Providence".

As for Demon Beasts, they should have their horns as a weakness:

Q: If mabeasts will follow a person who breaks their horn, then exactly what Roswaal was saying earlier, repeatedly having a broken-horned mabeast break the horn of another mabeast, wouldn't it be fairly easy to wipe out the mabeasts? Did this method not catch on?

A: Mabeasts with broken horns are rapidly lynched by mabeasts with horns. "Hey, isn't that one different from us? Should we get him?", then they get surrounded and beat.

Q: Are all the Great Rabbit's horns broken?

A: If you break the horns on the first few, all of them that appear afterwards are hornless.

We also got some numbers for the rabbit:

Q: The ecology of the Great Rabbit? Many Rabbits? are so odd that I imagined them like the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland that walks on it's hind legs, but do they walk on four legs or two?
A: It's a cute, four-legged rabbit. It's got a bit of a mouthful of sharp teeth, and if you think of a face like the little guy from the Drum Kingdom in One Piece, that'd be just right. About 80,000 of them will rush you at once.

K, lets give Capella Biological Manipulation, Natural Weaponry (for being able to give herself claws, sharp teeth, breath attack etc.) and, well, duplication I guess.

―Training, That's what they called their actions towards『Me』
Even though dread was carved into me many times, the most terrifying thing to happen to me, was when my body was made to change into countless innumerable『Frogs』.

Even though my consciousness existed only in one body, my infinitely fragmented consciousness did as it liked, leaping whenever it wanted, running wherever it wanted.

Dreading the thought of not being able to go back to my original self, brought the realization that I had forgotten what my 『Original self』was in the first place, Having my reason for existence as a living being crash like that, I was thankful from the bottom of my heart to『Mother』the moment I was returned to normal.

And at the same time, the Idea that I should never, under any circumstances, go against her orders was etched into my soul.
~ Arc 6, Chapter 50​
The above is Meili's PTSD flashback about "Mama" when they brought up Capella.

Anyways, we need to list the penalyties for RbD, espeicially with Arc 6 info that proves that Satella will come to murder anyone who finds out about it:

And, recognising it's value of usability, he swallowed the power of 『Return by Death』.
However, contrary to his preparedness, Subaru had a strange sense of anxiety, concern, rise within his chest. Louis Arneb was violating that inescapable fear, that taboo. That isÒâ╝Òâ╝,

Louis: "Òâ╝Òâ╝You cannot have anyone find out about it? If it's about that then, it's already too late, onii-san. After all, us meeting onii-san, happened yesterday, no?"

"Òâ╝Òâ╝Òâ╝"

Louis: "The 『Rule』 of not having anyone know it, has been broken a long time ago. But, what happens in the Hall of Memories cannot leak outside easily. That's why, the scary 『Witch』 will not make her move."
~ Arc 6, Chapter 60​
Since you probably don't know, Satella did show up and killed everyone in the tower no questions asked repeatedly, this pretty much explained why.

For the Whale, I'd like to give him Breath Attacks because it can spew mist all over the place, from his actuall mouth too, also Type 1 immortality.

And can we give Emilia Awakened Power for that little accident in Elior Forest?

@Celestial Pegasus

Thank you for helping out.

All those seem fine, about Emilia though if memory serves me right didn't she basically lose control and freeze everything after seeing Fortuna dead?

Awakened power says the user is in control, don't think Emilia was, might be Rage Power instead.

Depends on how you look at it, she was in control enough to direct the power towards killing Pandora repeadedly, but the power was more than what she could handle. A similar thing happened while fighting the Oousagi, she kinda her herself with her own power. Either way Rage Power is basically more angry = more powerful and that's not the case with Emilia.

K, just gotta ask, does Daphne really have the abilities of the 3 great deomn beasts cuz I don;t remember that?

Now on to more pressing issues, have you noticed the amount of times that people dodged light (Jiwald, even if they call i Ziwald) in EX 2?

But even as that finger with such devastating potential pointed at her,
Roswaal shook her head.

"I told you," she said. "I will kill you."

"A shame." Her words were dispassionate. And then her finger glowed.

As Carol watched, the beam of light shot straight at Roswaal.

The beam of light flew at Roswaal almost faster than the eye could see. It moved so quickly that Carol could make no move to guard her mistress; somewhere inside she resigned herself to watching Roswaal explode. But her despair turned to amazement.

"…Well. Well…"

"Didn't I tell you? I am the one who will kill you."

Sphinx was clutching her abdomen, which had been hit. For the first time, she was breathing with pain. The source of the injury was Roswaal, who had dodged the beam of light and stepped in to deliver a punch.
~ EX 2, Chapter 4, Sections 5 & 7​
The beam lanced out. Carol, hanging in midair and with no wings to fly,
could not avoid it. Surely she would be pierced by the light and turned into smoldering ash.

And yet she wasn't.

"Hrm?"

"I told you, don't underestimate the Remendes family!" Carol said to the surprised witch, having neatly dodged her attack. Though she had been in midflight, Carol had kicked off of thin air to accelerate herself upward. Then she came down with a crescent strike, cleaving the witch's undefended left arm in half.

"Haaagh!"

The arm went flying, and a spray of blood erupted from the girl as she fell to the ground. Carol attempted to follow with another blow, but her opponent's remaining arm flung out another beam. Carol kicked the air again and just managed to avoid it. But this was not the end of the witch's troubles
~ EX 2, Chapter 6, Section 6​
"Al Ziwald." She intoned the magic for the ultimate form of Ziwald, her
death ray.

The beam that had previously come only from the tip of her finger now burst from her entire palm. It was as if her hand was reaching out to annihilate everything in its path.

The destructive ray speared diagonally across the great hall, and death drew nearer by the instant. Even Roswaal would be hard-pressed to dodge it; she found herself hardly able to speak with astonishment.

Similarly silent was the young man who brought up his shield and met the beam head-on.

Grimm threw himself between Roswaal and the beam of light an instant before it annihilated her.
~ EX 2, Chapter 6, Sections 6 & 8​
Like this is kind of a big deal, and while I can't find a way to scale this to most of the characters it still scales to Wil, Theresia and Libre.

Now some minor things in relation to Lia and Beako.

[Emilia: They're a little different from Julius' quasi spirits, but if they're the lesser spirits, then I can borrow their powers too. The fire attribute is too strong with just my magic, but if I can borrow the powers of lesser spirits, then I can use other magical powers too. How's that sound?]
~ WN Arc 6, Chapter 5​
Emilia: "If it's just making water, Beatrice and I can do it too with magic but…"
Beatrice: "The Miasma is too thick around the Sand Dunes and the Tower, I suppose. It would be much wiser to avoid drinking the water created from Mana affected by it, in fact."
~ WN Arc 6, Chapter 31​

Besides creating them, i don't remember. May have been said in a q&a.

Light dodging as you said is pretty common in ex novel 2, it was just being ignored years ago when it was brought up, well ex novel 2 wasn't even translated then.

Ppl who scale to Young Wilhelm would scale, this would make them like relativistic.

Young Wilhelm is explicitly said to be above Old Wilhelm so it won't scale to mid tiers considering even Old Wilhelm is stated to be able to kill Elsa..

So water manipulation for Beako and Emilia then.

Right, Emilia can like use the other 2 (Earth and Wind) attributes because she can use mana of such affinity it just hasn't been shown or stated unlike water.

One could tell that the healing had started because of the voice that could be heard faintly, although it came from over the door.
It was Ram's enthusiastically shaking voice that sounded like she was enduring pain. A faint light rises inside the dragon carriage, and the healing takes place through the mana that combined four attributes.

Mana pours into the wound from having lost her horn. On one hand, Ram's situation was pitiful, as she received her healing, and it really did feel like something erotic somehow.

That's why they refused to have the men with them during healing, ever since it was witnessed the first day.
~ WN Arc 6, Chapter 9​
----
I'll go look for info on Daphne later but it just seems strange and outright wrong.

Just saying I'll have to nuke Shaula's profile to "At least 8-A", maybe you agree with the above quote from chapter 63 of arc 6 that states "the white light dashes towards the ground at what seems like the speed of light" but that would be a somewhat shaky foundation.

Still not quite sure what to do with Ana, the writing to vague to be able to tell if she injured Shaula with El Jiwald. Don't think what she did to Capella and the Gabaou count as these things seem like they're very soft for a lack of a better word.

And can we just change it to "18 y/o" and "20 y/o" Wil? "Power of Love" makes me cringe...

The Emilia additions are fine.

Daphne's water? What do you mean by that?

Fine with Shaula being downgraded, what's the reasoning gonna be? Capable of defeating sin archbishops? Wording like "at what seems like the speed of light" is generally treated as hyperbole.

Tappei called it Power of Love lol. We should just rename that to "Peak". 20 year old doesn't work either since Wilhelm is like 23 in Sword Demon Battle Ballad.

****, I meant "later", idk why but I mix "W" and "L" quite often, they do both produce the same sound (half the time) so I read it wrong as this is not my native language.

There was a chapter in which she was killed, arms choped of, head smashed, the only appearent culprit was Gluttony, though it's never stated. She is no doubt stronger, it was implied she beat Roy, but scaling to Reid is unjustified imo.

Reinhard can causally treat Garfiel like a baby, same Garfiel who would give Gluttony a good fight, yet Shaula dies? Doesn't Reid lol stomp everything too?

I mean Gluttony tried eating the guy and he ended up eating him. Yea Shaula certainly shouldn't scale if she is being killed by these sorts of characters.

To be fair the whole thing was extremely fague, like even if it was both Ley and Roy they still shouldn't be capable of this, Emilia can hold one of them off on her own, though her and Beako were absent from the scene, very vague stuff. Ley did block an attack from scorpion Shaula though she presumably beat him (starting to think the scorpion form is weaker).

I know you haven't read the Tsugihagu What IF but Shaula basically kills everyone in there, she did have a bit of trouble with Garf when she got to him but not much.

Just saw it on the wiki, always thought it was strange he was called the poison snake yet can't use poison.

But yea not sure where they got it from, should we remove it?

Back