• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 9 (aka rem: zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferris could have been the final boss? Interesting

He's just trolling , yeah war between the five camps and the final boss is cat trap who turn evil because he wasn't treated nice when he was kid , Bruh ..... i saw RPG games with better plot

In Ferris Q&A he said ferris exist because he wanted trap character in the series

believe less half of what you hear from this man , in much older interview he said he had "from zero " scene in his head since the beginning but this time he said it wasn't even in his plans

Don't even know why you want a subaru cover, do male main characters usually even get covers, it's usually just females, cause those sell more.

4 chan chapter 108 is out.

Mana concentrates at the tip of the wand, the canto overwriting the world—
Whistling wind turns to blades, blades tear toward the entity standing in their eye, and as they burst
—they splay their destruction in every which direction.
Garfiel: "—hk!"
The eye of the storm—the one standing in the path of the surging blades is Garfiel, looking up, roaring.
The blades beat Garfiel's torso, their sharp edges slicing away at his rocklike abdominals. Blood spills. His failure to be bisected results from his speedy leap away from the maelstrom.
Between the options of counterattack and evade, Garfiel immediately opted to run. Although some hesitation arises at the corner of his eye, Garfiel manages to avoid fatal injury by covering his head with his arms, sliding over the ground to flee the blades of wind.

Upgrade for ram?

Unfathomable quantities of blood pour from Garfiel, but he easily flits to his feet in a manner that suggests no great fatigue or damages. Everything the windblade and storm had done to him was entirely superficial.
The lacerations covering his skin are shallow, and the relentless beating had missed any vital areas.
Not a single speck of damage to decisively impair his usual condition had hit him.

Nope

Garfiel: "When y'had me pressed against the tree, and cast that spell, I thought I was absolutely done for. Wound up for that one instant thinkin' like crazy, tryin' t'figure out what t'do. But I couldn't come up with any damn ideas at all... n'so I stopped thinking."
He stopped fussing with his tiresome thoughts, instead entrusting his body to evade for him.
His instincts had greedily elected to survive, magnificently operating his body so that he suffered minimal damages through the unavoidable storm.
This was the fruition of his racial instinct as a fighting creature.

He would have been done if he took ram's attack though

The damage to Garfiel resultant from his fight with Otto was rather considerable. Leaving aside the tricky and incessant traps' provocation of him, that final strike did come with enough strength to conceivably defeat Garfiel.

So garfiel was already weaken from otto's attack using the mana of the creatures in the forest, so no upgrade.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Don't even know why you want a subaru cover, do male main characters usually even get covers, it's usually just females, cause those sell more.
You must know so few LN to say these words , of course Main character do get cover , Toaru MC had like 15 cover through 40 volumes and and accelerator had like 6-7 covers being the second protagonist , SAO Main Character had 6 covers through 16 cover

If sales really increase based on "Heroine on cover" then I'm really disappointed. It's super petty tbh.

Subaru is adorable and needs a cover as a reward for his endless suffering.

Subaru doesn't get a reward like a cover for his sufferring, tappei loves seeing him suffer, so no cover for him, probably the final cover like tappei says if he does get one will be something messed up like subaru becoming evil, or dead or something like both him and satella hugging and crying with gaping holes in their chest.

Hala00 said:
If sales really increase based on "Heroine on cover" then I'm really disappointed. It's super petty tbh.
Subaru is adorable and needs a cover as a reward for his endless suffering.
Girls cover are to raise the seales no more , mainstream characters such as Touma , accelerator , kirito do get covers

WilliamShadow said:
^could depend on characters popularity still thou Subaru is pretty popular.
Not really he doesn't hold candel to the males who got cover he is below average when it comes to popularity

^Well if that's the case I think it's probably the reason as well, or maybe they will put some of next arcs that is going to be basically concentrated about him again and than use it as cover like some people do, FT comes to my mind for that.

Considering tappei's fav rem cover is the cover with her dead, and subaru hasn't gotten a cover yet, i have a feeling the final cover will have a dead subaru, or an extremely broken one.

"Immediately following his extreme backtracking, Garfiel yells as he meets the oncoming
windblades head-on. He drives his heel into the earth, caving the ground in beneath him, his foot the axle for a rectangular section of earth to slant upwards and spring into the air."

How much force is in that stomp though, pretty impressing caving in the ground, lanching rectangular platforms in the air, need to visually see this, arc 4 manga when?

WilliamShadow said:
^Well if that's the case I think it's probably the reason as well, or maybe they will put some of next arcs that is going to be basically concentrated about him again and than use it as cover like some people do, FT comes to my mind for that.
OP grandpa had cover why not the MC ? i don't know what their problem

Well wouldn't be surprised if he decides to go against the norm and put a dead subaru, though i expect it's either gonna be something happy like subaru and his harem or subaru despairing, dead subaru would be too big a spoiler to show.

something like this ? althouh it need : Petra - satella - meili

btw get rid of that crusty cat from the image please

56908193 p0

Speaking of puck, wonder what arc he will come back? Not that i really care when he comes back, woudn't mind if he doesn't come back at all. Next arc is going to be al's, 8th is unknown, but 9th is gonna probably be reinhard's.

btw is it becasue no one care or Rem just have too much stories ? never heard of Side story for Felt\Ferris\priscilla\fredirca

What the hell happend to them ?

Cause rem has massive popularity while the others don't, we haven't really seen much from felt, ferris or priscilla that would make ppl want side stories, ferris already has his only part in an ex novel, i would want more though, priscilla has a couple sidestories with al, frederica hasn't been formally introduced in the anime.

Rem overshadows everyone.

@Zero I believe there is a reason behind that, but I am not good at guessing my only thoughts about it are stated above.

@Celestial Pretty sure puck will come back in last arc whenever that happens.

@William hopefully puck comes back, and dies against satella, seriously he and roswaal should die in that battle.

@Celestial honestly I don't care about puck so whatever happens is irrelevant to me, but i do dislike Roswaal so I hope they make that as painful as possible something like Elsa's dead.

Even thou I am pretty sure she will die, I do kinda hope Satella stays alive maybe going to the real world switching place with Subaru permanently and living as human like losing her powers in order to keep Subaru in the fantasy world.(random idea)

Puck is worse than roswaal, both are single mindly focused on their goal, which is doing anything for the person they love, in which case it's emilia for puck and echidna for roswaal, but the thing is roswaal knows he is insane and that he will pay for his crimes, puck doesn't think anything about massacring thousands of people when emilia dies, at least with roswaal when he knows his plans won't come to fruition in a loop he losses the will to live, puck is like well since emilia is dead, screw the world, i am gonna kill as much people as i can before reinhard kills me, puck is messed up.

@Celestia Well, who is worst between the two is another thing and it really doesn't change the fact they both deserve cruel death, but for me personally I hope for Roswell to have one exactly because he is well aware of what he is doing and still not giving a single f*** i am not saying Puck is any better, but it's kinda more for me as a person.

Yea that's true, i foresee roswaal dying alone somewhere after getting straight rejected by echinda, that would be satisfying.

Does Roswaal even care if echidna love him ? i don't think he would mind being her servant , although echidna saying to roswaal **** you will be satisfying

puck is really annoying at least Roswaal have some couple fun scenes here and there but puck comedy fail , want to destroy the world when he fail to protect Emilia and when she is saved he call people sacrifices for her , the **** is wrong with this cat ?

puck and Roswaal SHOULD die , they already 400+ something old just die already

Rem and Ram were 16 at the time of arc 2 it mean they just hit 17 by the time of arc 3 and people complain about Emilia pairing with subaru and treat Rem as grow up women lol she's barely 17

Echidna kills Roswaal. Yeah that would be satisfaction.

Puck death thou honestly can't think of anything in particular except for Satella squishing him like a bug.

ZERO7772 said:
Rem and Ram were 16 at the time of arc 2 it mean they just hit 17 by the time of arc 3 and people complain about Emilia pairing with subaru and treat Rem as grow up women lol she's barely 17
I want someone possibly a Rem fan boy to explain the reason of why people like her character like really what's so good about a random "fangirl" are you that desperate in your life or something?

@Zero Now that i think about it, i don't think roswaal cares if echidna loves him, he is completely obsessed with her and has been for over 400 years, don't think whether she likes him or not matters to him, he just wants to be of use to her.

I am no rem fanboy,but i am not obsessed with her like lemon who literally feels pain when he can't get any rem content to translate, i like her but i am no fanboy. Rem is really just wish fulfillment really, the perfect waifu for many guys that's why they like her.

^Basically the perfect waifu (for such persons) is a girl that will do anything you want anytime and will constantly act as if you are the center of world acting always gently and with unhealthy lvl of affection towards you (add also will kill you if she thinks you love Emilia and you have a yandere).

well my favourite anime are rom-com so I can't say a lot against those people falling in love like that and hoping to find someone like that in real life,but that only underlines the fact her character is almost unnecessary for the story like this, actually she is a sort of Asuna in Sao from relevant to almost worthless character.

Chill with your rem hate lol, come on bro rem is no asuna, yes rem does have subaru at the center of her life and yes she will do things for him, but she won't literally do anything for subaru, she rejected his offer to run away, she could have been selfish and run away with subaru, but she didn't because she knew if she did she would be leaving behind the subaru that she loves, she wants the best in subaru and she believes he is the best, her hero.

And she serves as subaru's mental support, the reason subaru doesn't get mind broken like he was in arc 3, after arc 3 is cause of rem, every time something happens he thinks, rem wouldn't like me like this and he changes his attitude, she is no asuna, that's going a bit too far.

^yeah, I guess I did overdo it, but giving her a meaning during one arc like with Asuna doesn't change the fact she does nothing for all the rest of others.

Unless you wanna say she is constantly his support cause honestly at certain point it becomes pretty much an excuse.

actually probably with my random hate I didn't explain my self well, what I "hate" about her character is the fact that after that arc she is pretty much being that other girl MC is in loved with and if she is there only for mental support well, yeah... it's okay from one point of view but still stupid from other,in fact what pisses me off is the ruined potential.

She is constantly his mental support, and she is his goal, he wants to wake her up, that's what arc 6 is all about. And if you want to hate on rem for having no meaning and being ruined potential, you should hate on ram too besides being roswaal's extremely devoted servant and her cold attitude their is nothing to her character, she is wasted potential, she could have had a major part in the story if she didn't lose her horn against fodder witch cultist.

Yea rem got taken out of the story and is inactive so i guess having an issue with that is ok, but pretty sure when rem wakes up, she won't be the same rem, so there will be some development there.

Oh, you wanna talk about Ram too sure np.

First thou I said current Rem what happens after she wakes up will hopefully change the situation like we talked about it before.

So Ram... Tsundere, random girl that serves apparently good guy, but actually a total a**ho**. Little development in one arc and than disappears again. The amount of wasted potential here is almost on lvl's of laughing coffin in Sao. (When talking about wasted potential I think Sao is the first to talk about for everyone that saw it.)

Okay, I seriously sound like a total hater now which is bad so, let's talk about good characters.

Any ideas? Thou we can talk tomorrow since it's really late where I am and it's time to sleep :)

Lol even emilia >>> asuna let alone Rem , she is really worthless for most part of the story

Rem is subaru mental support and she had the biggest impact on him Just read part of third tea party you know that plus even after she sleep she's big plot device

Asuna is there to give kirito a waifu

Indeed, that was a bit extreme comparing rem to asuna, zero why you up so early, btw done some remodeling on the verse page by adding images.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Indeed, that was a bit extreme comparing rem to asuna, zero why you up so early, btw done some remodeling on the verse page by adding images.
I slept little earlier than i usually do , i am trying to fix my timing

Oh sound nice

wait is sloth low tier ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back