• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 9 (aka rem: zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had to sacrifice her to get echidna he would do it, and guess what makes it messed up, ram would willingly accept that, see what i mean this relationship is so twisted.

Echinda is free from the sanctuary and alive, so all roswaal has to do is find her now, though don't know if he knows echidna is back alive again.

WilliamShadow said:
^talking about something "bigger".
if throwing her into volcano would bring his echidna back he will do it without second of though that how bad Roswaal is and that how idiot Ram is

Celestial Pegasus said:
If he had to sacrifice her to get echidna he would do it, and guess what makes it messed up, ram would willingly accept that, see what i mean this relationship is so twisted.
Echinda is free from the sanctuary and alive, so all roswaal has to do is find her now, though don't know if he knows echidna is back alive again.
Pretty sure he isn't aware because the whole reasons he support Emilia in the first place because he want to get into the dragon which now is pointless since

Well he wanted to kill the dragon to free echinda's soul from the sanctuary, but since emilia passed the trials, that means echinda's soul was released and the barrier on the sanctuary as well, or did he not know echidna's seal was released and only about the barrier?

Was it ever mentioned Echidna soul will set free if you clear the trails ? all i knew is that you need to clear the trails to break the barrier if clearing the trails = free echidna then he should be aware

Now that you mention it, i don't think it was ever said clearing the trials would free echidna, if that was the case roswaal would know. Does subaru even know echinda is free though i don't remember, it might just be that nobody knew that was the case except echinda, but could have sworn something echidna met subaru after taking over omega and said to keep it a secret or something.

TC chapter 16, and 4 chan chapter 110 are out.

110 has that 2nd kiss, 111 will be emilia and subaru vs garfiel it seems, didn't remember that emilia helped fight garfiel, this is a severly injured garfiel though, afterwards subaru should leave the sanctuary and ram should face roswaal.

Garfiel takes so many l's, the only one he beat in arc 4 is elsa, well otto caused her death but besides the point, reinhard toyed with him by not even moving from the spot he was when garf challenged him but it's reinhard so that can slide but he got messed up against kurgan, always taking l's.

As it just me or are these side stories completely contradicting the main story?

The main story (arc 3) clearly stated that Rem and Emilia's relationship was strictly professional. Because Rem didn't want to deal with a person who resembled the witch and because Emilia is generally distant toward others. Ram was also mentioned to dislike Emilia a bit because Roswaal addresses Emilia with "Sama" or something among the lines of that.

Hmm not quite sure, i think that was the case in arc 2, not sure if it was mentioned in arc 3, might just be tappei taking liberties to produce all these rem side stories, how long was the time between arc 2 and 3 again? Like a couple months, wonder how much longer he can keep milking it.

It was mentioned in arc 3 around the time of episode 15. The time between the two arcs is roughly a month, no?

It doesn't make sense that they get along...it doesn't make sense at all.

Could have sworn the time was at least 2 months, hmm you sure it was said in ep 15, that was when rem was getting rekt, would have to go look back, either way might just be tappei taking liberties as i said, just proves he needs to stop all the ridiculous rem content since it's contradicting the main story.

It was mentioned before the witch cult attacks them. When Rem was camping while Subaru was sleeping.

It was a monologue in the web novel, pretty sure it wasn't removed in the light novel.

The wait for volume 12 is killing me, more so because I'm not interested in the mansion/Rem side stories..I mean if it was Otto side story or maybe Al side story/Julius as a pampered rich kid backstory I might have been more interested.

Well not like i can read japanese so even if volume 12 came out, would only get summaries of what changed from others.

Agreed the rem side stories are too much now, other characters need to shine.

Rem didn't like Emilia in the past yeah but that was before arc 2 , from the end of arc 2 Rem became much more open to all people

it's not like she's suddenly that close with emilia though , Ram is closer to emilia

he time skip between arc 2 and 3 is like month and half , subaru at the beginig of arc says he spent 2 months in teh fantsy world by then

Rem doesn't like Emilia in arc 3, it was mentioned in the web novel that she felt uncomfortable around her.

Ram is definitely closer to Emilia in arc 6.

That's in the WN though, the WN had a lot more content, like i remember subaru sneaking around the castle and not with priscilla in there and then that other loop where subaru tried to get to sanctuary but got killed by sloth chan.

As far as I know it wasn't changed in the light novel however even if it was, they changed a realistic aspect of the story to unrealistic. It would easily be the worst change so far.

disliking someone and not feeling comfortable around are different things , Emilai is Rem master "more or less " and Rem didn't like her before so it's only natural for her to find it hard to get along with emilia

although i agree the short stories kinda made them closer than they should be but all that for the sake of fan service , i get your point in that scene Rem said it's hard for her to even talk to emilia but in the short stories you see them drink tea and stuff

They are surely not friends and Rem doesn't care about her, like I said it is a strictly professional relationship.

To quote the chapter ---> It was hard for her to choose to meet her favorably, and it was hard for her to choose to meet her spitefully too.
As a result, she made a firm decision to meet with her briefly and acted in a way so that they wouldn't deviate from their respective positions of "guest and maid".

And

It was very difficult for Rem to come in contact with this person called Emilia.
Roswaal showed her in as a guest, and as of now, she was treated like a being that was superior to herself because she was one of the king's candidates. In fact, Rem and Ram were also instructed to treat her like that.
Rem didn't have much to object when she was told to treat her higher than Roswaal, who was the head of the mansion. Ram, who was a supreme supporter of Roswaal, seemed displeased with this, but Rem didn't really have as much of a reaction in comparison. Of course, she wasn't so foolish to express it in words or with her face. These things were only known because Rem sensed Ram's feelings on the matter.

^Like i said none of theseimplies Rem really dislike Emilia "not anymore " at least

i already said they shouldn't be this close and the short stories kinda mess the relationships a little

What do you mean by anymore? This was from arc 3 around episode 15 not arc 2, in case you were confused.

TC chapter 17 part 1 is out, and also an elsa q&a

Q: Elsa was affected by even Subaru's level of Shamac, but does that mean that Elsa has a weakness to magic? Julius said that there wasn't a single member of the royal guard that would be affected by Subaru's Shamac, so does that mean the royal guard has high magic resistance?

A: I'm afraid you won't be satisfied with my answer, but Elsa is terribly weak against magic. Enough that she takes pains to have anti-magic strategies. Having said that, she really wasn't fully affected by Subaru's Shamac. She simply didn't deliberately charge through where she couldn't see what was ahead of her. The royal guard are fairly good at using magic, but Julius was expecting a little too much of the people around him. Julius is strict with himself and others.

So elsa has crap resistance to magic, while julius has good resistance.

Q: Elsa, who has enough power to go toe-to-toe with Garfiel, was outwitted by Subaru-kun in Arc 1, but wasn't she just playing with him there? It looked like he was able to move around alright, so I really didn't expect him to be in such bad shape afterwards.

A: She was playing around enough that he did manage to land a kick, wasn't she. Elsa is similar to a saiyan in that as she faces stronger opponents, she becomes stronger herself, so when she was facing Subaru-kun, it turns out like that.

Finally an answer to this, so elsa was just messing around like how goku usually does

Q: Besides Elsa, how many people would be able to talk disturbingly about the beauty of death?

A: Probably none...

Q: Out of the characters that have appeared so far, please tell me who is the most sadistic and most masochistic!

A: Miss Elsa, for both.

Q: Are there other mercenaries that enjoy hunting for a specific part of the body, similar to Miss Elsa the Bowel Hunter?

A: There may be some who play at it for appearance sake, but Miss Elsa is an outstanding pervert.

Elsa is indeed the most sadistic character so far.

4chan chapter 11 is out, and also truth of zero chapter 21.

The WN was just basically garfiel trying to stop the liberation of sanctuary as usual, and subaru exposing him as a coward as he makes threats but has never actually killed anyone, and garfiel wants to be everyone's barrier cause his mom abandoned him and left but died soon after leaving so there is no happiness outside the barrrier.

The manga gives more details than the anime, for one in the convo between puck and betelguese, puck mentions echidna, and also puck says he'll cover everything in ice and snow as a parting gift to emilia, but he'll end up defeated cause of reinhard, the anime didn't mention this, it only said he wouldn't get far or something like that.

The manga is truly slothful though still only on ep 18, next chapter is from zero, sigh i just wanna see the interludes adapted, and a arc 4 manga.

Well, the thread seems dead, a q&a for all the royal candidates was translated.

Q: How do Subaru and the royal candidates compare to animals?

A: Subaru:monkey Emilia:bunny Felt:cat Crusch:swan Anastasia:fox Priscilla: female lion

Accurate descriptio

Q: What would the five royal candidates do if Subaru suddenly proposed to them?

A: They'd cut him off. Figuratively or literally, depending on the candidate.

No harem members from the candidates the

Q: If you compared the royal candidates and their knights to the cast of a school, what sort of positions would they end up in?

A: Crusch - student council president. Ferris - vice president. Priscilla - daughter of the chairman of the board. Al - Priscilla's chauffeur. Anastasia - student council treasurer. Julius - student council secretary. Reinhard - prince of the school. Felt - main character of a girl's dating sim. Subaru - side character. Rem - Subaru's childhood friend. Emilia - transfer student. Beako - Subaru's little sister. With these selections, you have Re: Zero School!! How's that?

Felt mc of a dating sim? weird

Say what specific date does volume 12 come out again, curious when we will see the cover art, 50% chance it will have all the witches on it i think.

^That because the only main characters of this show is you and me pegasus , i already lost some interest in the series

volumes 12 comes on march , no day been decided yet , who knows maybe it will have Elsa on the cover

Elsa, did we have a elsa cover back in arc 1? Don't remember if we have had a elsa cover, but there is plenty of time for her later, the LN should go up to the 3rd tea party, having all the witches would be fitting, don't think elsa is in this part of the LN.

he was working on Rem IF novel and the BD so it's natural , after march he go back to WN

who care about the LN beside some characters desgains we already know all the events

Light novel changes from the web novel + illustrations + Arc 5 = Most exciting

For me at least but that might be because I dislike arc 6 so far.

he just change some details and some loops so there readers doesn't get bored , the overall idea and the result is still the same there no big twist or super original thing he did so far

like i said characters design and images is all what you get from the LN

arc 6 is good it only problem it have a lot of harem ~

They didn't really sell me on the Shaula mystery and so far it's the bulk of the arc. The whole seeing other's memories was fun but it ended too soon and the theme of trials have been done before in arc 4 so it isn't really new and refreshing but then again the battling against witch cult has been done before in arc 3 but I still think that arc 5 is best sooooo that isn't a convincing reason.

The harem pandering dynamics are bothering me a little but one of the biggest gripes of mine that they are treating Meili like she is just a normal little girl and not in fact a serial killer. I expected torturing for information or something more suitable.

Agree with hala i am just anxious for the witch designs and arc 5, though not too much will change, arc 5 unlike 4 really doesn't have all that unnecessary stuff, i really need to see reinhard rekt regulus, sorry hala lol.

As for arc 6, i am more so looking forward for rem to waking up if tappei doesn't tease, and maybe some info about the past, about the witches or maybe the sage. Not too fond of the harem elements.

4 chan is at 112 right now so only a bit more till arc 5.

I would be super disappointed if they didn't change the sword of Reid deal in arc 5. Just imagining the anime with Reinhard using Reid against Thearesia but not Regulus is just so underwhelming.

I get that Tappei wanted to go with the "Look at how op Reinhard is" angle but don't make it on the expense of major villains.

I'm pretty sure that Rem will wake up in arc 6, Tappei won't risk the wrath of Rem fans twice.

Really obvious Rem will wake in this arc the whole point of the arc is to wake her up that would make even the arc pointless

So, seeing as this is a general discussion about Re:Zero....I think it's about time that we discuss one of the most important topics about Re:Zero. An unanswered question, how is it that Regulus is so adorable? Why is he so adorable? Isn't it puzzling that other characters are immune to Regulus's cuteness? Do they simply not notice how cute he is? Especially Reinhard who conversed with him and touched him....he was in close quarters with Regulus and yet he still didn't comment on his cuteness? How did he even manage to kill him? I understand the desire to bully cute creatures like Regulus, I really do but there are limits to everything...killing him is subsequently destroying one of the cutest beings in existence and robbing the world of experiencing his cuteness firsthand. That's unforgiveable, that's a sin of the highest order.

I would more like for reinhard using reid against thearesia to be removed, reid should be like the pinnacle of power only used when things get especially bad, it would be sort of underwhelming if reinhard with reid can't hurt regulus yet when he is supposed to be satella level with it, yes he has used it on ppl like cecilius before but i really doubt he had to really try, he probably one shotted him once he used it, yea i know that regulus ability is op and reid doesn't seemingly grant a way for reinhard to bypass that, but would still feel a bit underwhelming.

You just went full regulus fangirl mode lol.

After reading Hala's comment I have a feeling there is more than one regulus in re zero lol... Can someone link me a photo of this "cutest being in existence"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back